Printed from: Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Topic URL: http://www.123notary.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1837
Printed on: 05/05/2024

Topic:

Topic author: n/a
Subject: List of Signing Companies to AVOID
Posted on: 08/08/2007 03:44:33 AM
NO-NO-NO

NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THESE SIGNING COMPANIES!

Accurate Signing Services – OR (Michael Lanscano)
Admisistrative outsourcing
Banc Serv – low rates
Bay Breeze Title
CJ Signings – 45 days to pay
Cal Capital
Closing Quest
Countrywide
Document Closers Inc.
DocuServer Signing Agency (?)
Elaine with Tampa Bay
Express Financial Services
FNP Document Svcs
Fox Signings, Ambridge, PA
Integrity – Barry Silver: asks for illegal deeds
LIA Signing
Loan Closers
Loan Signers
Madison Credit Management
National Link/Service Link*
National Notary Network aka N3 Notary Svcs
National Signing Network - Brian Bayles
Navy Credit Union
Notaries Direct
Notary Pro
One Touch Closings – FL
*Service Link/National Link
Signing Pro
SOX aka Signature Plus
Speedy Closings
Top Notch Signing – not so top notch
United Notaries
United Signatures
US Title aka US Settlement Corp both in Cary, NC

This is a list I have compiled after emailing with different notaries from around the country. The list is growing. Sad.

Elizabeth F. Holtman

Please visit our signing agent certification page
http://www.123notary.com/certified-signing-agent.asp

Replies:

Reply author: crissy
Replied on: 08/08/2007 05:36:37 AM
Well I guess I didn't pay enough attention to the NO NO list of companies. At this time I have 2 outstanding invoices for One Touch Closing. Both of these done in May and today is 8/8/2007. I review this list and remember over a week ago a promise to pay. So I just went and called them. Again -"payment will sent on Friday, Tommy sends checks and it will be Friday." I told her to advise Tommy that all the notaries across the state are listing them as non payers and to not accept their work. So, here we go . . .if non by Tuesday of next week . . to the BBB! Sorry I didn't heed your advice Elizabeth.

Christine(Crissy)Mancini
crissy.mancini@gmail.com
www.christinenotary.com
www.c4nature.com
cell:412-580-2439

Reply author: Phyllis John
Replied on: 08/08/2007 10:24:04 AM
Thank you. I.am so delighted to see someone bold enough to compile this list. Just let me add a few more dead beats to your list. I would not trust either one of them as far as I could throw them.

STATE WIDE CLOSING-BRIAN BAYLESS
NEXUS DAN SCHMALZ
FLORIDA MOBILE CLOSING GROUP-MARLENE REVERON

NO-NO-NO

Banc Serv – low rates
Bay Breeze Title
Cal Capital
Closing Quest
Countrywide
Document Closers Inc.
Elaine with Tampa Bay
FNP Document Svcs
LIA Signing
Loan Closers
Loan Signers
Navy Credit Union
Notaries Direct
Notary Pro
One Touch Closings – FL
Signing Pro

Speedy Closings
United Notaries
United Signatures

This is a list I have compiled after emailing with different notaries from around the country. The list is growing. Sad.

Elizabeth F. Holtman
[/quote]

Reply author: n/a
Replied on: 08/08/2007 10:58:51 AM
Thanks, Phyllis. I got some heat over posting it because I haven't done business with ALL of them. I think the better informed we are about the companies that don't pay, the better we can run our businesses.

When I'm contacted, I check my list, check NotaryBeware, and 123Notary before I spend time getting ready. In today's market, business is hard enough to come by and then to do a job for a dead beat signing company makes it harder to stay in business.

Banc Serv is a company that pays low but does pay. So you might want to note that.

Thanks for your additions. I trust the people who put forth names. It helps the rest of us.

Elizabeth F. Holtman

Reply author: NiceNEZone
Replied on: 08/16/2007 08:18:43 AM
From experience, please add the following to your list:

First Choice Signing Service out of Fairfield, CA
Notarys R Us out of Los Angeles, CA

First Choice wrote me a bad check for $300.00
Notarys R Us will not pay

:)

Reply author: LIZBETH
Replied on: 08/20/2007 07:22:54 AM
I AM VERY SAD TO SEE SO MANY COMPANIES NOT PAYING. I DID MANY CLOSING FOR TOMMY AT ONE TOUCH, AND AT HIS PAST COMPANY. I NOW HAVE MONEY COMING, AS DOES MY SISTER. THIS IS SCARY SINCE I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM AND HATE TO SEE A COMPANY GET IN THIS POSITION.
HOWEVER, I HAVE BEEN LUCKY, AND HAVE HAD ONLY ONE OR TWO NON=PAYS OVER THE LAST 2 YEARS.

Reply author: radonotary
Replied on: 08/21/2007 07:33:54 AM
I too, am a big fan of One Touch. If it weren't for Tommy I wouldn't have come as far as I have in this Industry in such a short time. What I have noticed about them is that during slower times like this one they do do a little juggling but I think in the end everyone gets paid. I'm still a fan. I hope all goes well.

Reply author: mtek91
Replied on: 08/21/2007 3:10:23 PM
I did a closing for 1 Touch back in April of this year and I am still awaiting payment. I have called many times and have been told the check is getting mailed out "this week". I'm tired of the lies, so I have sent a demand letter, filed a complaint with the BBB and filed a complaint with FL AG. With any luck this will get their attention and they will pay me the money I'm owed.

Replied on: 08/22/2007 06:18:36 AM
Pls add Land Options Inc to your list (412-446-0320). Provided a notary service for them on July 20th and they are yet to pay me. Promised to send checks out on 08/15 but did not. I sent them several emails and left voice messages with no replies. I finally got the AP manager on the phone today and she said "we have a glitch in the system and so until we clear that glitch, we are not paying any invoices and we don't know when we can pay. Pls call back beginning of Sept"

I really think this is ridiculous and so I am going to report them to better business bureau.

Replied on: 08/22/2007 09:42:07 AM
Hello there! This is Tommy! I do not know who this is due to no profile, but I just wanted to say that all of the kinks are being worked out. Please let me know if we owe you or your sister any money so that we can get you paid out! Please send the info to closings@1touchclosings.com! Thank you much!

quote:
Originally posted by LIZBETH

I AM VERY SAD TO SEE SO MANY COMPANIES NOT PAYING. I DID MANY CLOSING FOR TOMMY AT ONE TOUCH, AND AT HIS PAST COMPANY. I NOW HAVE MONEY COMING, AS DOES MY SISTER. THIS IS SCARY SINCE I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM AND HATE TO SEE A COMPANY GET IN THIS POSITION.
HOWEVER, I HAVE BEEN LUCKY, AND HAVE HAD ONLY ONE OR TWO NON=PAYS OVER THE LAST 2 YEARS.

Replied on: 10/20/2007 12:29:07 PM
Please ad Professional New York Signings. This is Thomas A Sirianni's new company.

Reply author: becmiller
Replied on: 10/24/2007 5:25:47 PM
Why ServiceLink and NationalLink?
Have you found a way to get money from Top-Notch Signings?
In the 13 years I have been a signing agent I have only had
non-pay.
Bec

Reply author: becmiller
Replied on: 10/24/2007 5:54:08 PM
Sorry! Typo

I have only had one company not pay:

United Notaries in Colorado. It is now Dean Notaries.
Keith Dean and Keith Michael. But they claim their title company declared bankruptsy so they declared bankruptsy and haven't paid me from March 2007. I called the title company and they said Keith was paid for the closing and so he should pay me. Keith said no, "The company is bankrupt." It's funny ,though, the borrowers are my friends from High School.

I like Navy Federal CU because they are EASY! Almost every signing I have done, I show up at the borrowers and they have the docs. I notarize the 1-3 pages that need it and answer any questions I can and smile and leave. Two weeks later I have the check.

I have a Top Notch Signing from Feb. 2007 that they won't pay. I only get excuses.

What about Articulate Notary Services in CA? I have one from June they won't pay. And one from Firma Signing Solutions in CA. I don't have trouble with most in CA because I visit my sister and show up on their doorstep and get my money! But I don't go to Florida.

I have one outstanding from Notary Direct are they slow pay or no pay?

Thanks so much!
Bec

Replied on: 10/31/2007 02:04:01 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Phyllis John

Thank you. I.am so delighted to see someone bold enough to compile this list. Just let me add a few more dead beats to your list. I would not trust either one of them as far as I could throw them.

NEXUS DAN SCHMALZ

NO-NO-NO

Banc Serv – low rates
Bay Breeze Title
Cal Capital
Closing Quest
Countrywide
Document Closers Inc.
Elaine with Tampa Bay
FNP Document Svcs
LIA Signing
Loan Closers
Loan Signers
Navy Credit Union
Notaries Direct
Notary Pro
One Touch Closings – FL
Signing Pro

Speedy Closings
United Notaries
United Signatures

Elizabeth F. Holtman

[/quote]

Replied on: 10/31/2007 02:10:24 AM
Express Financial and ServiceLink LP have always paid me in a timely fashion.

Deadbeats we can add to the list are:
Notary Express
Aston Group
NFC Options
Southeastern Settlement

Reply author: jfsobers
Replied on: 10/31/2007 05:47:48 AM
Express Financial is out of business... Madison Credit usually pays within 45 days as indicated on their email when they hire you. US Title always paid me on time but I have not heard from them in a long time... Best of luck and lots of candy to you all. Happy Halloween

Reply author: Maureen
Replied on: 11/20/2007 01:57:28 AM
Is this Navy Credit Union, Navy Federal Credit Union?
If it is they should NOT be on this list.
If they aren't Navy Federal should be notified that someone is misrepresenting themselves so that they can take legal action.
Navy Fed can jingle my phone six times a day all week long as far as I'm concerned.

Replied on: 11/20/2007 03:56:33 AM
Has anyone done business with ATM Corporation of America. They ask me to sign up, want me to agree to $45.00 per trip (which I will not do), and want me to give them names of other signing cos as references.

Reply author: dfye@mcttelecom.com
Replied on: 11/21/2007 01:35:43 AM
ATM has been around for quite some time (several years) and only want to pay paltry fees. Good luck if you can get them to pay you anything more than $50. I would not work for that kind of fee.

Legal Eagle Para Professional Services

Replied on: 11/21/2007 06:42:48 AM
Beware of ACCUSIGN. Not only have they not paid me, for a closing that I did in September (a 3 HOUR drive!!!), they have been very rude to me.

Reply author: DonnaFleming
Replied on: 11/23/2007 12:41:57 PM
Also, Sign Right Document Services, Natalie Martinez in Texas. I'm still waiting on payment from June.

DJF

Replied on: 12/09/2007 6:45:02 PM
Beware of CLINTON CONTINENTAL CORPORATION. I have not been paid for a closing done in October. James Clinton assured me that the check was being mailed. I have never received payment. I've tried on several attempts, via voice mail and email, to follow up on the status, I do not get any response whatsoever.

Replied on: 12/10/2007 02:44:10 AM
BEWARE OF ELEVENTH HOUR SIGNING COMPANY!!! THEY DO NOT PAY. STILL WAITING FOR CHECK FOR SERVICES RENDERED BACK ON AUGUST 03, 2007. THEY DO NOT ANSWER PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS.

angela stuart

Replied on: 12/10/2007 06:24:03 AM
NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THESE COMPANIES!!!
1) Document Closers Inc. aka DCI
2) Southeastern Settlement out of S.C. Owner's name is: Rick Edmonds. He always has a story. Now he doesn't answer the phone. You always get voicemail. I did a closing for him in April '07.
3) Nexus Signing Solutions, LLC - another signing company I did a closing for in July '07. There phone has now been disconnected.

All three (3) of the above companies owe me money and have owed me since the beggining of 2007. I reported DCI to the BBB and we are going back and forth. If Annette will just pay me, she could get rid of me forever. She owes me for six (6) closings. I learned my lesson from DCI. Never, never do more than two (2) closings within a pay period for a company without getting paid!

I have started asking for references from these companies when they call me for the 1st time now. This nonpayment has got to stop!

Replied on: 12/10/2007 10:31:02 AM
The Sky is Falling!!

Reply author: claudia
Replied on: 12/12/2007 12:05:42 AM
Whats the deal with Service Link? I have no problem with them treating me fairly. A little low with distance sometimes but they're certainly well worth working for. Not to mention they are very polite. Just curios as to what you find to be upsetting about them.

Replied on: 12/12/2007 02:32:39 AM
Thanks for taking the time to list these companies. I have one to add: Signatures Plus

Reply author: anita0208
Replied on: 12/12/2007 09:39:53 AM
I have worked for BancServ and I see them on the list. I was paid, in less than one week, the price I gave them after THEY asked me how much I charge. I even went back for an extra $15 due to the stated address changing before the actual appointment time. I can't understand how they made the list.

Replied on: 12/14/2007 12:20:59 AM
Signatures Plus aka SOX

Reply author: lompocjoe
Replied on: 12/18/2007 4:46:29 PM
I've had no problems at all with Service Link. They are one of my best contacts in this era of declining signings.

Reply author: 007
Replied on: 12/19/2007 02:57:19 AM
some to add to list
ReliaClose
Patroit Closing
Great Lakes Signing
G.R. Widner Mtg Closing Services
Netco
Cincinnati Title, but I have not had any trouble w/LIA, NationalLink/
ServiceLink, or Notary Pro, and Notary Direct, Navy Federal Credit Union

Replied on: 12/20/2007 05:59:18 AM
I have never had a problem with reliaclose.

If you follow their instructions, there should be no problem.

Just an opinion. We've all got one.

Replied on: 12/20/2007 4:28:14 PM
STICK AROUND, YOU WILL!!!!!!!1

Reply author: RonAnotary
Replied on: 12/21/2007 06:58:47 AM
TS National Closing Solutions aka Title Stream Escrow out of Coppell, Tx has owed me for a signing almost two months ago. They don't return phone calls. I had a similiar problem with them last year but they eventually paid( in 60 days) with an apology for being late with the payment. Thus the reason for taking a second signing from them this year. BUT nothing has changed! They are extremely reluctant to pay for notary services or don't pay at all.....A company to avoid for sure!!!!

Reply author: JustSign
Replied on: 12/21/2007 1:05:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by anita0208

I have worked for BancServ and I see them on the list. I was paid, in less than one week,

I too like BancServ, and have done several signings for them in the last 3 years, and they always ask what my fee is and meet it. And, pay 2x a month. So, if I do a signing on the 30th or the 15th, I get paid within 2-3 days. Never a problem with them.

Reply author: beth
Replied on: 12/22/2007 08:22:40 AM
i have had great sucess with Title Stream. ALWAYS paid and I do a ton of closings for them each month!

Reply author: CMN-CA
Replied on: 12/22/2007 3:41:50 PM
Has anyone performed signings for Hourglass Notary? If so, was payment on time? I completed a signing for them yesterday, but still have the loan docs, awaiting borrowers approval to release (pending clarification on something with their lender for their investment property).

I noticed on notarybeware that someone had a payment problem with them.

Thank you!

Regards,
Cathy Wong
Champion Mobile Notary
California

Reply author: LindaH
Replied on: 12/23/2007 01:58:00 AM
Cathy..

I did one for Hourglass November, 2006 - didn't get paid until 1/15/07...but I DID get paid...

One small piece of advice...unless you were advised by the lender or TC or SS (which Hourglass has a title company AND a notary signing service) to hold the docs do NOT hold those documents no matter WHAT the borrowers say...you have no right to hold those docs pending their clarifying something with the lender...those docs should be dropped immediately or as soon as possible after signing. Since this deal isn't subject to rescission, their issues should have been resolved prior to signing or at the table if necessary. You also now run into abbreviated shipping hours for all the carriers due to the holiday, further delaying the lender getting the package, which they probably wanted back by Monday - this could hold up funding on this loan. JMHO

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell

Reply author: kandy1099
Replied on: 12/23/2007 04:35:46 AM
Has anyone heard of Cranberry Settlement Services, from Cranberry PA?
I did a closing over a month ago, and haven't been able to get through to their office. No one answers, I mailed another invoice, but still haven't gotten paid?

Replied on: 12/25/2007 11:58:57 PM
Run! Run away!

Replied on: 12/27/2007 06:46:50 AM
quote:
Originally posted by LindaH

Cathy..

I did one for Hourglass November, 2006 - didn't get paid until 1/15/07...but I DID get paid...

Did one. Getting paid was like pulling teeth. Will never work for again.

Reply author: thenjnotary
Replied on: 12/28/2007 01:33:12 AM
Another Company to avoid is " The Final Step" from Eldersburg Maryland.
They refuse to return calls and it appears they refuse to Pay Notaries. I'm going on my fifth month requesting payment. NO RESPONSE!!!!

Replied on: 01/03/2008 02:03:58 AM
Articulate Notary Service: AVOID!!!

It took over 45 days to get paid. When the check was finally recieved the amount was incorrect and the check BOUNCED. I had to wait for the person to return from vactation which was one month later to get paid. I provided the service in September and did not get paid until after Thanksgiving.

Reply author: sperez40
Replied on: 01/28/2008 11:11:01 AM
Here is one I thought knew how too treat fellow NSA's fairly and that is EVOLVE-IT LLC. They make promises and never own up to them. The used to be Nationwide Document Services. Had a good rep under that name but now it seems they have gone the way of all the other companies on the bad list.

Steve
www.empirenotaryplus.com

Replied on: 01/28/2008 2:47:27 PM
quote:
Articulate Notary Service: AVOID!!!

It took over 45 days to get paid. When the check was finally recieved the amount was incorrect and the check BOUNCED. I had to wait for the person to return from vactation which was one month later to get paid. I provided the service in September and did not get paid until after Thanksgiving.

DAM! I did one for them on 12/05/07 and have not been paid yet. THAT SUCKS!

Replied on: 01/28/2008 10:00:56 PM
These are the companies I won't work with anymore:

1. Express Notary (Harry is the owner. He went on and on about how all of his notaries go behind his back to title. Guess what? They do that because he doesn't pay. He got very nasty when I reported him for non-payment - yet they still called me several more times.)

2. Colonial Investments (In this case, they couldn't even pay their Fed Ex bill and then it took them over 60 days to pay me.)

3. LIA Signings (They are getting desperate and even called me again after I had told them I would never work for them again unless payment was wired into my account prior to the closing.)

4. 1 Touch Closing in Boca

5. Firma Signings

Replied on: 01/29/2008 09:00:20 AM
Well I see my two good buddies made the hit parade again. I don't know what it is but LIA pays me. They pay me appx. two months later, but they pay me. Truthfully they never have not paid me in what is going on 2 years now. I do around 2 to 4 jobs for them every couple of weeks. Mods and LSI closings and a CW once in a while. Long time to wait for dough, but steady work for me. I'll still take it.

Tommy must be really slow right now but eventually you will get paid if the loan funded.

Reply author: Florida_Notary
Replied on: 01/30/2008 08:31:58 AM
They are pretty good!!!

quote:
Originally posted by radonotary

If you follow there instructions, there should be no problem.

Replied on: 01/30/2008 10:43:22 AM
maybe we are talking about 2 different companies, the ReliaClose I am speaking of is located in Ohio, and they paid very well in the beginning, and then they got slower, and sloweeer

Replied on: 02/01/2008 12:04:40 AM
You list all of these companies but offer no words on why we should not use them. I have used several of them with no problems, Speedy is my best company. I think your posting this so no one uses any of the companies and you take all the jobs when they call.

NO-NO-NO

Banc Serv – low rates
Bay Breeze Title
Cal Capital
Closing Quest
Countrywide
Document Closers Inc.
Elaine with Tampa Bay
FNP Document Svcs
LIA Signing
Loan Closers
Loan Signers
Navy Credit Union
Notaries Direct
Notary Pro
One Touch Closings – FL
Signing Pro
SOX aka Signature Plus
Speedy Closings
United Notaries
United Signatures

Elizabeth F. Holtman
[/quote]

Replied on: 02/01/2008 01:21:10 AM
All due respect, but I disagree with your statement, 1772. If you read that post again, which I might point out is from 8/8/07, from reading other people's posts here and elsewhere, in addition to my own personal experience with some of the companies, most of those companies that are listed are either out of business OR are proven notoriously slow or low in payment or are no-payers. Admittedly some of them may be good but the majority of them are questionable at best.

I seriously doubt it was posted in hopes of keeping business coming in from low payers or no-payers. IMO it just doesn't make sense.

Linda

Reply author: Sylvia_FL
Replied on: 02/01/2008 01:25:43 AM
Navy Credit Union? OK - they may only be offering $50 for an overnight package, but I have done lots of those. The packages are sent to the borrower, they are small packages. When I have arrived, borrowers have already read the docs. There are only 1, maybe two, documents to get the signatures notarized. I am in and out in less than 15 minutes most times, and they are close to home. If they are further then they have paid nmore. And they are always on time with their payments.

Elaine with Tampa Bay, when I have worked with her she has paid my fee and paid within a reasonable time frame.

Barry Silver - Integrity - I agree on that one, I would never work for him.
Express Financial Services is no longer in business - they are the ones who went bankrupt I believe.

SOX is one of the worst signing companies.

Take time to do your own research on these No No companies.

Replied on: 02/01/2008 04:33:24 AM
Has anyone had trouble with the following who won't pay me nor respond to my calls and emails:
Closing Connection (Alabama)
Professional Signing Services (Texas)
The Final Step (Indiana or Ohio or somewhere in that general region)

Replied on: 02/01/2008 04:38:55 AM
I have no personal experience with any of them, but didn't I hear somewhere that The Final Step was belly-up? Someone clarify for me..thanks.

Linda

Replied on: 02/01/2008 04:50:27 AM
I have heard the same about The Final Step. I used to contract with them in 2002 and never had a problem. I haven't done a signing for them since.

Reply author: DonnaFleming
Replied on: 02/01/2008 12:45:18 PM
I also did a few signings for them last year and did not have a problem. I did one in August 07, still waiting on payment.

DJF

Reply author: gturnerca
Replied on: 02/08/2008 10:07:48 PM
EXPERT SIGNING SERVICE
2370 Market St # 505
san francisco, CA 94114
Business: 415.474.1491
Fax: 415.474.1491
E-mail: staff@expertsigning.com
www.ess.mynotaries.com

add this signing company to the do not work for
the adress they provide is a usp store location with a mail box
they told me the package was a basic first when it was a reverse mortguage. the signer stoped the signing due to an error in the paperwork. they were unreasonable, difficult to work with, and down right mean. they are mortguage brokers who are trying to supplement their income as a siging service. will not pay a trip fee or print fee!

avoid................

EXPERT SIGNING SERVICE
2370 Market St # 505
san francisco, CA 94114

GLENN M Turner

Reply author: SWSmith
Replied on: 02/10/2008 3:55:36 PM
[quote]Originally posted by gturnerca

EXPERT SIGNING SERVICE
2370 Market St # 505
san francisco, CA 94114
www.ess.mynotaries.com

add this signing company to the do not work for
the adress they provide is a usp store location with a mail box
they told me the package was a basic first when it was a reverse mortguage. the signer stoped the signing due to an error in the paperwork. they were unreasonable, difficult to work with, and down right mean. they are mortguage brokers who are trying to supplement their income as a siging service. will not pay a trip fee or print fee!

avoid................

EXPERT SIGNING SERVICE
2370 Market St # 505
san francisco, CA 94114

ANOTHER ONE TO WATCH OUT FOR IS DIRECT LENDING out of Indianapolis. Be very careful before accepting a job from this service. More than likely you will work for free. I was told that "things happen in business, I must surly understand that" WHAT! Will re-post if and when payment finally comes through.

Replied on: 02/11/2008 01:49:06 AM
there is a consensus on Expert, received a call Friday, and turned them down

Reply author: geri1
Replied on: 02/11/2008 07:07:45 AM
Has anyone worked for Accurate Closing & Processing Specialist, Cleveland Ohio??

Replied on: 02/12/2008 06:35:40 AM
WOW!?!
I just got another check from LIA for the past 3 jobs I did for them! It's unbelievable, a miracle, astonishing, amazing, astounding, surprising, stunning, staggering, shocking, startling, stupefying, breathtaking, awesome, awe-inspiring, sensational, remarkable, spectacular, stupendous, phenomenal, extraordinary, incredible, mind-blowing, jaw-dropping; literally wondrous.

Or... it's just what I expect from them, because... they always pay! (me)

Replied on: 02/12/2008 2:01:28 PM
neither have I from LIA, they state they pay 60 days, so far so good

Reply author: sperez40
Replied on: 02/13/2008 11:20:52 AM
I have always been paid by LIA within 45days but I personally know a NSA in my area who did not get paid until 60 days after the closing.

Steve
www.empirenotaryplus.com

Replied on: 02/17/2008 11:55:22 AM
This is compiled from this list and my non-payers.

AES
Articulate Notary Service
Banc Serv – low rates
Bay Breeze Title
Cal Capital
CLOSERS ON THE GO - Non Payment
Closing Quest
Colonial Investments
Countrywide
CTC Notary out of Sacramento
DIRECT LENDING
Document Closers Inc.
Elaine with Tampa Bay
EXPERT SIGNING SERVICE
Express Notary
EVOLVE-IT LLC
Firma Signings
FNP Document Svcs
LIA Signing
Loan Closers
Loan Signers Inc, in Calif
Navy Credit Union
Notaries Direct
Notary Pro
One Touch Closings – FL
Service Link/National Link
Signing Pro
Speedy Closings
The Final Step" from Eldersburg Maryland
TS National Closing Solutions aka Title Stream Escrow out of Coppell, Tx
United Notaries
United Signatures
1 Touch Closing in Boca

Gene, Nashville, TN

Reply author: silvertip
Replied on: 02/18/2008 11:15:41 AM
Still waiting to get paid from "ONE CALL"(30 days since signing)
Word to the wise stay away from all "CountryWide docs. and any one who works with them, they are nothing but trouble.

SilvertIp

Reply author: silvertip
Replied on: 02/18/2008 11:40:56 AM
This is a very "good thing", all of us contributing information,we must update to be fair.Communicating to each other who pays slow or "no" is vital.Gas prices and the driving through sometimes treacherous weather,plus the price of printing is enough!
We provide a trust from the clients and we should demand a respect from the signing company's.Remember we are "Public Officers" and as such we will remain to conduct our duties with integrity and follow the procedures that are mandated by the Federal Government, not the Mortgage or Signing companys.The vital process of identifying individuals in this day and age of identity theft is the upmost of importance.We must have the Signer sign like he sign's on his ID not on how the Lawyer or Mortgage Company printed it on the closing documents.Otherwise I'll sign magilla gorilla up tommorow.
Nuff Said

SilvertIp

Replied on: 02/18/2008 11:45:58 AM
I'm really sorry to disagree. I'm not trying to start an argument but I don't think it's Country Wide. Right now they represent a lot of my business. Until Bank of America starts to ask their clients to find their own Notary with FedExed Documents to the borrower with stickies on where to sign. Cause thats coming next. Oh yea, believe it. I think it's really the desperation of Signing Agency's and TC's. Cause the real truth is, when people become desperate they tend to become immoral and dishonest.

Replied on: 02/18/2008 6:33:38 PM

WHILE countrywide is slow they do always pay and yes, we will probably
be automated out of business eventually, cause I already see advertising
to that effect

Replied on: 02/18/2008 6:35:51 PM
Add Mid-South of Tennessee to your list, won't return calls, finally
did get paid from them after I contacted the BBB

Reply author: Rose Sher
Replied on: 02/19/2008 10:56:17 PM
[quote]Originally posted by LindaH

I have no personal experience with any of them, but didn't I hear somewhere that The Final Step was belly-up? Someone clarify for me..thanks.

Linda

Hi Linda, I have an outstanding invoice from Final Step that was from August 2007. Gary,the owner claims they recieved a bad check of $186,000 in which caused Final Step to bounce alot of checks. He said he was trying to get a personal loan to cover it all and then we will get paid. Well that was in Nov 2007. That was my last contact with him. The phones are busy all the time(Off The Hook) I suppose.If anyone knows Gary's last name I would like it.I wouldn't be surprised if they are already working under a different name. They should be banned from the industry!!!!Rose

Rose Sher

Reply author: Rose Sher
Replied on: 02/19/2008 11:14:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by DonnaFleming

I also did a few signings for them last year and did not have a problem. I did one in August 07, still waiting on payment.

DJF

Hi Donna, I have an outstanding invoice from Final Step that was from August 2007. Gary,the owner claims they recieved a bad check of $186,000 in which caused Final Step to bounce alot of checks. He said he was trying to get a personal loan to cover it all and then we will get paid. Well that was in Nov 2007. That was my last contact with him. The phones are busy all the time(Off The Hook) I suppose.If anyone knows Gary's last name I would like it.I wouldn't be surprised if they are already working under a different name. They should be banned from the industry!!!!Rose

Rose Sher

Reply author: iamsam
Replied on: 02/19/2008 11:17:11 PM
Please tell me what you can about N3Nationwide Notary Network. Thanx

quote:
Originally posted by flighinhigh

This is compiled from this list and my non-payers.

AES
Articulate Notary Service
Banc Serv – low rates
Bay Breeze Title
Cal Capital
CLOSERS ON THE GO - Non Payment
Closing Quest
Colonial Investments
Countrywide
CTC Notary out of Sacramento
DIRECT LENDING
Document Closers Inc.
Elaine with Tampa Bay
EXPERT SIGNING SERVICE
Express Notary
EVOLVE-IT LLC
Firma Signings
FNP Document Svcs
LIA Signing
Loan Closers
Loan Signers Inc, in Calif
Navy Credit Union
Notaries Direct
Notary Pro
One Touch Closings – FL
Service Link/National Link
Signing Pro
Speedy Closings
The Final Step" from Eldersburg Maryland
TS National Closing Solutions aka Title Stream Escrow out of Coppell, Tx
United Notaries
United Signatures
1 Touch Closing in Boca

Gene, Nashville, TN

Reply author: craigsign
Replied on: 02/20/2008 05:35:28 AM
hi

i did a couple of signings for them back in novemeber .. i called and spoke to accounts payable .. they sent me a check within the week

i just got it yesterday

Replied on: 02/20/2008 06:10:53 AM
No No NO stay away This is a thread from the other guys

Has anyone had any experience with this company? If so, I would like some feedback on them and in particular Mark Greco (Gekko) as he is a slimeball.

Not much in search either. What was the problem? (besides being a slimeball). Last night, 3N offered $25, but 'only 4 notarizations & same 4 faxbacks.' Whoopee! Not.

I traveled 80 miles round trip to do a notarizing of a document for the Vioxx settlement case. When I called to find out why I had not heard from them after faxing the docs and waiting for approval to ship them out, he said I had made a mistake and was very rude to me.l I am still sitting here waiting to find out what to do with these docs and then find out the company is a do not work for company and i would like to know why.

They called me last week and offered $30.00 for a HELOC signing about 15 miles away.
After I picked my chin up from the desk I said no and quoted my fee of $xx.xx he said he would have to check.
A few min. later a lady called back and said perhaps I did not understand, that the borrowers already had the docs and it was only a few pages...
I said no and she then asked if I would do it for $40.
I said no and re-quoted my fee at which point she said they would have to get back to me.
By now I've returned home and do a search for N3 and find lots of negative posts about payment issues so when she does call back to agree to my fee and asks if I will do the signing I'm able to say "no thank you all these calls have given me time to go on line and I'm not willing to do anything for a company with your reputation"
She did not seem surprised and just said OK.

They pay at 60 days - and only have you bug them several times and threaten collections

I used to work for N3 all the time over a year ago. Laurie was the scheduler and I could always get her to meet my fee. I havent' heard from them for a long time and from what I am reading, I won't be working for them again if they call. They lost a big client and ever since then, they have been going down hill fast. I think last I heard they were sending partial payments out.

No No NO

Reply author: Marina
Replied on: 02/20/2008 08:54:17 AM
I did a closing Jan. 10th for Final Step, haven't gotten paid, I can't get ahold of them by phone the numbers have been disconnected. I called the company that sent the closing to Final Step, they said they paid Final Step but felt there was nothing they could do for me. This is my first "no pay" do I just suck it up and go on or is there a way to collect?

Marina

Reply author: azbigbird
Replied on: 02/20/2008 11:34:47 AM
quote:
Originally posted by joanneblackwell

quote:

NEXUS DAN SCHMALZ

NO-NO-NO

Banc Serv – low rates
Bay Breeze Title
Cal Capital
Closing Quest
Countrywide
Document Closers Inc.
Elaine with Tampa Bay
FNP Document Svcs
LIA Signing
Loan Closers
Loan Signers
Navy Credit Union
Notaries Direct
Notary Pro
One Touch Closings – FL
Signing Pro

Speedy Closings
United Notaries
United Signatures

Elizabeth F. Holtman

[/quote]

james rutledge

Reply author: azbigbird
Replied on: 02/20/2008 11:39:36 AM
Thank you for the list It is only fair to let you know I have done many signings for countrywide and notary pro and had no problem getting paid. This may only be that way in Arizona.

james rutledge

Replied on: 02/23/2008 03:02:03 AM
This was posted just before Christmas

quote:
007 Kentucky 22 Posts
Posted - 12/20/2007 : 4:28:14 PM
STICK AROUND, YOU WILL!!!!!!!1

radonotary Florida 198 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2007 : 05:59:18 AM
If you follow their instructions, there should be no problem.

007 Kentucky 22 Posts
Posted - 12/19/2007 : 02:57:19 AM
some to add to list
ReliaClose
Patroit Closing
Great Lakes Signing
G.R. Widner Mtg Closing Services
Netco
Cincinnati Title, but I have not had any trouble w/LIA, NationalLink/
ServiceLink, or Notary Pro, and Notary Direct, Navy Federal Credit Union

I just got my check

Replied on: 02/25/2008 10:23:53 AM
So here is an addition to the list. Dynamic Field Solutions...run by none other than Victoria Martin, whom I know not many of you have nothing nice to say about. My signing completed November 26 and all of the hoops were jumped through in order for me to be paid my FULL fee...anyway...after many calls and e-mails to several individuals...nothing. This is fortunately the first no pay I've ever had.

Reply author: Adele
Replied on: 03/16/2008 1:04:14 PM
I have to disagree with some of the companies listed on the AVOID list. BancServ is a great company. They service Chicago Title exclusively. They do not pay a lot, but they PAY. Navy Credit Union should not be avoided. You are in and out within 1/2 hour and they PAY. Countrywide should not be on that list. They are a major home loan company. I would rather be paid on time rather than be promised the world, do the work and not get paid.

Adele Vandehouten

Reply author: lindamcbee
Replied on: 03/17/2008 09:27:33 AM
I have been dealing regularly with Bancserve for many years. They always meet my fee and pay within two weeks. Great company with which to work. You must tell them your fee or you may receive a lower rate.

Replied on: 03/20/2008 12:24:12 PM
I am adding Loan-Closers.com to this list of Deadbeats and Low-Ballers because people are confused between Loan-Closers.com and Loanclosers. The later is the one asking for $27.00 to join his Non existing web site and Loan-Closers.com is the Low-Baller out of Caliland. Loan-Closers.com promotes themselves as a large good guy Co. But that is the furthest thing from the truth. You can wait more than 2 months for your pay and they are paying Notaries 30% of the money they get for a signing. $75.00 dollars for a Long drawn out, have to deal with very old people who don't no jack about what they are doing Reverse Mortgages. IMO THEY SUCK, and I would never work for them knowing they are cheating every notary in the country. IMHO

quote:

NEXUS DAN SCHMALZ

NO-NO-NO

Banc Serv – low rates
Bay Breeze Title
Cal Capital
Closing Quest
Countrywide
Document Closers Inc.
Elaine with Tampa Bay
FNP Document Svcs
LIA Signing
LoanClosers
Loan-Closers.com
Loan Signers
Navy Credit Union
Notaries Direct
Notary Pro
One Touch Closings – FL
Signing Pro

Speedy Closings
United Notaries
United Signatures

Elizabeth F. Holtman

Replied on: 03/20/2008 9:00:54 PM
[quote]Originally posted by radonotary

...... IMO THEY SUCK, and I would never work for them knowing they are cheating every notary in the country. ...

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel

Reply author: 24notary
Replied on: 03/21/2008 11:01:04 AM
I have read the list of companies to stay away from and i agree on a few and disagree with a few. Some of these companies listed are 5 yr clients of mine and very reputable. Also FNP SERVICES has reimerged as AM PRO NATIONAL. I spoke with Phil and Kemp about this. They have had agood track record two years ago, but they changed names ect and were vague about that. Anyone have any info on them ?

Reply author: abain66
Replied on: 03/22/2008 8:50:43 PM
I have read the list of signing companies and have to agree with most although some on the list I have done business with and had no problems. Has anyone done any work with TitleStream. I did a signing on Jan 18, 2008 and still have not been paid.

Reply author: jfsobers
Replied on: 03/23/2008 06:39:24 AM
Title Stream has recently lowered fees and is 60+ days to pay on nearly all the invoices. I have done the LAST one that I will do for them. I have been paid 100% of the money they owed me, but it took fax, email and telephone reminders at 60 days. They used to meet my fees but lowered their fees. No thank you.

Reply author: sailing
Replied on: 03/26/2008 09:55:39 AM
Countrywide - I did a signing for them on 1/25/08 and was paid on 3/14/08. There doc process is a lot more cumbersome, but I did get paid.

Diane J. Elliott

Reply author: maagggie
Replied on: 03/27/2008 12:19:37 PM
Watch out for Signing Wiz, LLC. I did a signing for him and his phone goes to a full mailbox on both of his numbers. I have paged him and no response.

Reply author: NotarySharon
Replied on: 03/29/2008 2:10:29 PM
Elizabeth, I too have a problem with a couple of services. I am waiting to get paid for two signings from FOX signings. One is from Oct 24, 2007 and the other Dec. 12, 2007. I have gone to their website, updated the info on the closing, faxed, emailed, etc. Guess I should just write off the $200.00 they owe me. They are rightfully on a "NO-NO" list.
Another company I can't get paid on a closing for is FlexAgents Signing Team from Plano TX. (You might want to add them to your list) I am waiting on one from 11-13-07.
Finally, I am waiting for a check from Closing Quest for a Dec 13,2007 signing. I spoke to Michelle O'Quinn on 3/16/08 and was told the check would be gong out the following day. Not here yet.
BUT, I have had absolutely NO PROBLEM ever with Service Link/National Link. They require that I MAIL a statement to them monthly and they pay once a month. I have closed for them for about 5 years and they are one of my faves because they pay well and I always get paid.

Sharon Hopkins

Reply author: kaleijohnson
Replied on: 04/02/2008 3:36:04 PM
what about Premier Document Solutions, Paul Gamb?

Kaleihanamau Johnson

Replied on: 04/03/2008 5:33:44 PM
Here's two more deadbeats to add to the list
Notary Connection Santa Ana
Alvarado Group Fountain valley Kristy Alvarado

Did the signings in Dec. 07 and not check or returned PH. calls

quote:

I am adding Loan-Closers.com to this list of Deadbeats and Low-Ballers because people are confused between Loan-Closers.com and Loanclosers. The later is the one asking for $27.00 to join his Non existing web site and Loan-Closers.com is the Low-Baller out of Caliland. Loan-Closers.com promotes themselves as a large good guy Co. But that is the furthest thing from the truth. You can wait more than 2 months for your pay and they are paying Notaries 30% of the money they get for a signing. $75.00 dollars for a Long drawn out, have to deal with very old people who don't no jack about what they are doing Reverse Mortgages. IMO THEY SUCK, and I would never work for them knowing they are cheating every notary in the country. IMHO

quote:

NEXUS DAN SCHMALZ

NO-NO-NO

Banc Serv – low rates
Bay Breeze Title
Cal Capital
Closing Quest
Countrywide
Document Closers Inc.
Elaine with Tampa Bay
FNP Document Svcs
LIA Signing
LoanClosers
Loan-Closers.com
Loan Signers
Navy Credit Union
Notaries Direct
Notary Pro
One Touch Closings – FL
Signing Pro

Speedy Closings
United Notaries
United Signatures

Elizabeth F. Holtman

Kevin W Byrd

Replied on: 04/04/2008 7:43:17 PM
I did a signing for a company called Cranberry Settlement back in November, and still have yet to see a check.

Reply author: youngster
Replied on: 04/19/2008 11:11:20 AM
Closing Quest pays really slow. Have an outstanding invoice from Jan. and a reply to collection by email. Rikki Cogdill, Accountant says they are running behind. Thanks for your patience. Then they have the nerve to continue calling and asking you to do more closings. Who is the fool? Not me.....

Replied on: 04/21/2008 06:19:01 AM
I did a signing for N3 Notary on 2/29/08 and as of 4/21/08 stil no payment. When I called to check on payment the 'dude' that answered got rude and hung up on me. Ironically, the staff wants you to fax docs prior to mailing and they called and called and called for this page, that page, not that fax number, this fax number,hurry up, etc. After worrying me to death, no payment!

Replied on: 04/21/2008 06:26:35 AM
[quote]Originally posted by iamsam

Please tell me what you can about N3Nationwide Notary Network. Thanx[quote]Originally posted by flighinhigh

N3 Notary is the worse that I have dealt with in 12 years doing signings. Worry you to fax 30 pages of closing docs, called back and wanted me to refax to another number, called back said she didn't get this page and that page, called my cell, called my home "several times". 2 months later I called to check on payment, this dude slams the phone down, I explained they promised $125.00 and I have been waiting patiently, he yells "I don't want to hear it!" How do they stay in business?

Replied on: 04/23/2008 2:06:08 PM
Never ever use Accusigning they do not pay I did a signing for them last Sept 2007 & still have not been paid. Their paperwork also is a mess and when the customer had a question they refused to answer the phone.

Sharon Talladira

Reply author: lgreen2727
Replied on: 04/24/2008 09:30:26 AM
I have never had a problem with Service Link. They keep me very busy when things are slow.

Reply author: Donna405
Replied on: 05/06/2008 5:25:59 PM
I performed a signing for Madison Credit Management at the end of of 2007. The check for my services was included in the paperwork for their client.

Donna

Best wishes,

Donna

Reply author: marciaday
Replied on: 05/07/2008 10:40:27 PM
I got royally "Screwed" by a company called REAL PINNACLE. I was kept very busy by them, and was expecting payment for 5 closings, and they called me on the phone and wanted to "negotiate" my fees AFTER the closing. They wanted me to accept $35 for a $125 closing. (They owe me $370). I still have not been paid. Has anyone else had experience with them?

Reply author: signagent
Replied on: 05/09/2008 08:04:42 AM
add to your list
Darrin Bobier from
OC Action Notary Services
did a closing in march 2008 still
has not replied or
answered any call or emails

quote:
Originally posted by fantastic1

Here's two more deadbeats to add to the list
Notary Connection Santa Ana
Alvarado Group Fountain valley Kristy Alvarado

Did the signings in Dec. 07 and not check or returned PH. calls

quote:

quote:

NEXUS DAN SCHMALZ

NO-NO-NO

Banc Serv – low rates
Bay Breeze Title
Cal Capital
Closing Quest
Countrywide
Document Closers Inc.
Elaine with Tampa Bay
FNP Document Svcs
LIA Signing
LoanClosers
Loan-Closers.com
Loan Signers
Navy Credit Union
Notaries Direct
Notary Pro
One Touch Closings – FL
Signing Pro

Speedy Closings
United Notaries
United Signatures

Elizabeth F. Holtman

Kevin W Byrd

Replied on: 05/09/2008 1:08:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by 1772

You list all of these companies but offer no words on why we should not use them. I have used several of them with no problems, Speedy is my best company. I think your posting this so no one uses any of the companies and you take all the jobs when they call.

NO-NO-NO

Accurate Signing Services � OR (Michael Lanscano)
Banc Serv � low rates
Bay Breeze Title
CJ Signings � 45 days to pay
Cal Capital
Closing Quest
Countrywide
Document Closers Inc.
Elaine with Tampa Bay
FNP Document Svcs
Integrity � Barry Silver: asks for illegal deeds
LIA Signing
Loan Closers
Loan Signers
Navy Credit Union
Notaries Direct
Notary Pro
One Touch Closings � FL
Signing Pro
SOX aka Signature Plus
Speedy Closings
Top Notch Signing � not so top notch
United Notaries
United Signatures

Elizabeth F. Holtman

[/quote]

Replied on: 05/09/2008 1:11:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by 007

quote:
Originally posted by 1772

NO-NO-NO

Accurate Signing Services � OR (Michael Lanscano)
Banc Serv � low rates
Bay Breeze Title
CJ Signings � 45 days to pay
Cal Capital
Closing Quest
Countrywide
Document Closers Inc.
Elaine with Tampa Bay
FNP Document Svcs
Integrity � Barry Silver: asks for illegal deeds
LIA Signing
Loan Closers
Loan Signers
Navy Credit Union
Notaries Direct
Notary Pro
One Touch Closings � FL
Signing Pro
SOX aka Signature Plus
Speedy Closings
Top Notch Signing � not so top notch
United Notaries
United Signatures

Elizabeth F. Holtman

[/quote]I am glad you got paid by Speedy, they still owe me from January, 07, I have called, emailed, faxed, etc, lots of promises, but no do

Reply author: atbenson
Replied on: 05/19/2008 11:49:12 AM
Hey All! Thought I'd add a few to the list!

I have thought about and waited six months since ending my business with FULL SIGNING SERVICE and HALE DOCUMENT SERVICES before posting this. I do not black list companies easily.

Here were my issues:

Hale Document Services: The initial contact was great. Then "Mr. Hale" called me himself to go over a few things as I was getting ready to leave for the signing. He pretty much wanted to run me through a test to see if I knew what I was doing. This was fine at first, but then when I explained to him that if there were any questions as to the content contained within the documents, I would refer the borrowers to the lender, he got very arrogant and obnoxious! It got to the point where I told Mr. Hale that I really didn't NEED the signing and he could find someone else if he was THAT unhappy with the way I operated. I am not an attorney, and am not about to start practicing law without a license. He continually tried to bully me into convincing the borrowers to sign, no matter the questions. I am just not comfortable being pushy. If the borrowers want to sign, that's great - and if not, no problem. Any questions they have, need to be cleared up with the source. Not with a notary who hasn't had time to read the docs. He finally backed off when I told him I didn't care how he wanted the job done, I was doing it professionally and that was that. He did pay.

FULL SIGNING - Deborah Full. Went to a signing for them on a Saturday, printed 2 very full sets of docs, drove 42 miles to the borrowers (then 42 miles back home), and there were so many errors on the docs the borrowers would not sign. Had the borrowers contact their "contact" - at which time the borrowers decided not to sign, and I spoke with someone at the lender and FULL. Both advised to take the papers and just shred them. They would have to be completely redone! SO, I sent an follow up invoice, after waiting 5 months for payment. (My fault - I was very busy). NO WHERE in any conversations or docs was there anything about no sign - no fee. Besides - I refuse those! I did discount the invoice by $25 since the loan did not close. Another mistake. Here is the response I received from Deborah Full

"Hey there, xxxxx. Your invoice for the above closing was passed to me because there's a discrepancy in our records and your bill. We show the loan as canceled with no trip made, so a $25.00 fee would have been paid.

If you did indeed meet with the xxxxxx's on 6.30.07 but they did not go through with the loan, a trip/print fee of $50.00 would have been due on the signing.

Your bill is for the full fee of $125.00 less a $25.00 fee pd already.

Please let me know what your records show so I can get this processed correctly. It doesn't appear to me the loan ever signed successfully?

Thanks! Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Deborah Full"

So I responded:

"Hey Deborah

Unfortunately I do not have the invoice with me at this time. There are several things that I probably need to clear up.

* I don't believe that the deduction of $25.00 I made was for any payments, but was a discount of my fee since the signing was not successful.

* I printed the fulls sets of docs, drove to Union City (82 miles round trip), and began going over the docs with Mr. xxxxx. At that time, the borrower noticed several errors on some very important aspects. For example, certain debts were to be paid and the ones that were to be paid were not on the paperwork. Instead there were other debts listed, which the borrower indicated were not to be paid.

* At the table, I contacted the person on the paperwork (I don't have an exact name with me - but I'm sure I can find it if necessary), and advised her of the situation. She then spoke with the borrower on my cell phone regarding the discrepancies. The borrower then returned my cell phone to me and the representati

Replied on: 05/23/2008 1:09:54 PM
It is so unfortunate that so many SS don't pay! So here's ANOTHER one for the list:

Add this company to the list of companies that do not want to pay.

In Proficiency Signing's email to me on March 24, 2008, it stated "Please invoice Proficiency Signings monthly. Send only one invoice for ALL signings completed for the entire month on the first day of the following month. EX: Your invoice for the month of January is sent February 1st. You should receive payment before the end of that month."

I did a signing for them on March 24th. I sent my invoice on March 25th. I did not wait until the 1st, as I did not anticipate any further signings for that month from that company. The invoice should have been treated as one that was to be paid out with the April 1st invoices.

It is May 23rd and I still have not received a payment. I have contacted the company numerous times and get the old "check's in the mail" comments.

When I spoke with Brittany at their company on May 19th (my 3rd phone call following up on my invoice), she indicated a check went out on May 14th. Called today, spoke with Sam. Sam indicated a check went out on the 14th. I advised BOTH Brittany and Sam that I would be posting the progress of receiving my payment (or not) on 123notary.com.

Sam immediately transferred me to someone he indicated was his manager. "Moe" gets on the phone with me and says that he is the owner and the check went out on the 20th.

So now I have a different date the check was allegedly mailed.

When I explained to Moe that I would be posting on 123notary.com the situation that had transpired with his company, he became VERY upset and quite hostile! He had the NERVE to tell me that it was unethical for me to post such a thing on 123notary.com. I proceeded to explain to "Moe" that it is not only ethical, it is unfortunately a common practice as there are so many deadbeat companies that do not pay. I further explained to him that as far as ethics go, it is unethical to hire a notary to do a signing and then not pay them!

Oh, by the way - when I questioned him about the status of my check as indicated by Brittany and Sam, Moe stated that Brittany was fired as of yesterday.

IF I EVER receive payment, I will update this post!

Replied on: 05/27/2008 09:07:42 AM
Payment received from Proficiency Signings TODAY!

I truly believe if I hadn't told them that I was posting it on 123notary.com - I wouldn't have received payment!

Reply author: jlambert424
Replied on: 05/29/2008 09:06:26 AM
I see ServiceLink and National Link as do not use. I can only speak of my experiences. They require you file a billing statement at the end of the month for all the closing for the month. I have always been paid within 15 to 30 days of filing the statement and have never had a problem getting paid. I did a lot of closings for them but am doing fewer the last few months. They do try to talk down you fees but that's business if they can get someone to do the signing for less.

Reply author: 2awnry2
Replied on: 09/08/2008 09:36:45 AM
Pinnacle Real Estate Services, Inc./Real Pinnacle have not paid since witness signing conducted in February 2008. Lenders First Choice was the Title Insurance Company an they are no longer in business. Gateway Business Bank dba Lenders Direct dba Mission Hills Mortgage is claiming no liability stating Pinnacle/Real Pinnacle paid already. Guess they were all paid an able to feed their family. Guess everyone is happy campers but the person 'Notary' who assisted them all in paying their monthly out go. I believe the best way any more is to be paid at the table. Every independent business/contractor that i've ever paid, always requested their money at time of service. Time for us all to stand up to the plate. Receipt of payment for services rendered seems to be a fast growing problem.

Reply author: tibber
Replied on: 10/28/2008 1:49:29 PM
Anyone know about Firma Signings? Got call from them for a signing. Didn't accept due to fee. I see they're highlighted in some places in yellow on the list. I've not heard of them. Any feedback?

Reply author: CinOh
Replied on: 10/28/2008 4:53:38 PM
Firma Signings are deadbeats. I've never been burned by them because they low ball but I've seen them on other lists of non payers.

Reply author: CinOh
Replied on: 10/28/2008 5:06:22 PM
N3 Notary - I dealt with Lake, if that is indeed his real name. Never ever work for them. I worked for these deadbeats back in July. They sent me a confirmation with less than I agreed to. I faxed back to them but they have a jacked up fax machine that does not work so they had to give me another number to fax to. This went on for over 1/2 an hour. I finally told him that I would make one more attempt and then I was leaving to do another job. In August I received 1/2 the fee. I called and Lake told me they just wanted to send me something because the loans had not funded yet. It's now almost November and still no payment. Never let these people use you. They have no intention of paying you from the outset.

Reply author: theinsurancelady
Replied on: 10/30/2008 3:30:32 PM
I got a kick out reading atbenson's experience with Mr. Hale from last May. I had an experience much like it last year where he spoke to me like a stern and impatient parent. Sorry to say that I don't respond well to that tone! Yes, Hale pays but at what price? I have politely refused future opportunities to work with him.

Replied on: 11/04/2008 11:33:53 AM
Greenbelt is another company to avoid. They keep claiming the check was either mailed or is in the mail. This is from March 8, 2008! I was taken for 3 signings by Closing Quest as well as one by Speedy Closing. I need to keep the no-no list on me so I can quickly run through it when companies call.

Reply author: heniochus
Replied on: 11/06/2008 12:53:43 PM
I HAVE SOME INFORMATION WITH REGARDS TO CLOSING QUEST. THE OWNER, xxxxxx AND HIS WIFE, TAMARA, LIVE AT 501 COLUMBUS DRIVE IN HERMITAGE, TN 37076. THEIR HOME PHONE NUMBER IS 615-872-1011.
ALL I EVER GET FROM THEIR OFFICE IS THE THEY CAN ONLY SEND CHECKS WHEN TODD APPROVES THEM. I CAN GUARANTEE THAT TODD APPROVES HIS CHECK ON A WEEKLY BASIS. I HAVE HEAR, BUT NOT VERIFIED YET, THAT THERE ARE SEVERAL LEGAL ACTIONS AGAINST THE COMPANY. ANYONE HEAR ABOUT THIS? TODD IF YOU ARE OUT THERE--PAY YOUR NOTARIES, WE ALSO HAVE BILLS!!

Reply author: susanbryant
Replied on: 11/06/2008 7:07:55 PM
I just filed a complaint with the TN BBB this evening after leaving messages for Todd and not getting a return phone call. We will see what happens.

Susan Bryant

Reply author: lindasue
Replied on: 11/10/2008 09:40:03 AM
I also have registered with the BBB in TN and filed a complaint against Closing Quest last week. I sent a certified return receipt collection letter to them and received the signed card back today. I have many outstanding invoices with them that go back to February and everything I have read here with others experience is the same with me. I have just started to do what I can to bring them to justice.

Reply author: hollandcb
Replied on: 11/10/2008 10:09:55 AM
quote:
Originally posted by lindasue

I also have registered with the BBB in TN and filed a complaint against Closing Quest last week. I sent a certified return receipt collection letter to them and received the signed card back today. I have many outstanding invoices with them that go back to February and everything I have read here with others experience is the same with me. I have just started to do what I can to bring them to justice.

Reply author: active
Replied on: 11/12/2008 06:46:25 AM
I have one to ad to the no-no list, Acclaro group, they do work for cornerstone title, the company was in Sandy,Utah and they srewed me for three jobs I did for them. Matt Goodwin, one of the VP's of the company personally failed to make payment for services rendered. I did three separate jobs for him within 48 hours, payment was never sent. I tried calling, emailing, faxing, etc to no avail. I sent a certified letter to the address filed with the chamber of commerce in Sandy, Utah showing the companies' "new address" starting in March of this year. The letter came back with "business moved, no forwarding address". What type of business doesn't have a forwarding address? Obviously, one who scams notaries and god only knows who else! They have a website but trying to get through to anyone in the company is a mute point unless you are a paying client. Anyone else had this problem with these morrons?

Reply author: sc-mobilenotary
Replied on: 11/12/2008 4:11:51 PM
Greenbelt Real Estate Services ("GRES") in Melville, NY has not paid me for a loan signing I did for them on 9/11/08. I have done work for them in the past and they always paid late, but now they are just not paying. Deb Lapine has not had the courtesy to return my phone calls and is ignoring my emails and faxes. I will no longer accept assignments from GRES. My time is too valuable to be wasting it on chasing payments.

Reply author: sc-mobilenotary
Replied on: 11/12/2008 4:19:59 PM
Coast to Coast Notaries aka Golden Bear should also be on the list of signing companies to stay away from. I was never paid for a signing I did for them back in Feb. 08. They changed names and phone numbers which is not a good sign. If anyone has any information on them, please post it. Thanks!

Replied on: 11/19/2008 09:02:04 AM
ADVANCED CLOSING SERVICES:
I did several closings for them and am still waiting on payment from this summer.
Last I talk to them, they said it would go out Oct 31st three months past the date of services.

Reply author: civey
Replied on: 01/21/2009 08:18:23 AM
I really love this site. I just got an e-mail from these guys. They said the job paid approx. $75.00 and that due to high volume I would be getting more work from them. I kindly replied that my rate was $150.00 and that once I saw a continuous flow of work from them I would be willing to negotiate a better fee.(I think that is fair) They replied that my fee was way to high.

I checked them out after my e-mail and I am glad they thought my fee was to high. I just can't afford to do work and not get paid. I know that it happens in all business, but researching the company can keep you from losing money.

Replied on: 01/21/2009 6:26:21 PM
SUNSET SIGNINGS...AVOID TRUST ME!!!!!!

THEY DO NOT PAY GOING ON 3 MONTHS

Reply author: gbaugh
Replied on: 01/23/2009 09:51:14 AM
Someone asked about Paul Gamb from "PREMIER SERVICES". I have had trouble getting paid by Pacific Document Services that is owned by Paul Gamb. Has he changed the name of his company.

He recently "made good" 3 NSF checks he had sent me. So, I worked for him again, thinking he had gotten his problems solved.

He now owes me for three Modification signings at $50 each. These were all done the middle of December, 2008.

Glenda

Reply author: Adele
Replied on: 01/27/2009 09:55:22 AM
Notaries: Please refer to the name of the company not just individuals that you talked with. Otherwise, we cannot follow up on your complaint. Banc Serv, Finish Line and Notary Pro are good companies to work for. Lenders First Choice is out of business.
Adele Vandehouten

Adele Vandehouten

Replied on: 02/05/2009 07:03:47 AM
Another company to avoid: Signing Pro. I did work for them back in November ($125) and they still owe me!

Pamela Evans

Reply author: vince
Replied on: 02/05/2009 12:31:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by ncnotary

Another company to avoid: Signing Pro. I did work for them back in November ($125) and they still owe me!

Pamela Evans

Pam,

If you do a search on this and other Notary sites, you'll find Signing Pro mentioned for many years as a company to avoid. If you enter the name on this site, you'll find many warnings dating back to 2005.

In your own best interests, look these folks up before you accept the assisgnment. Just my opinion

Vince Peyton

Reply author: heniochus
Replied on: 02/08/2009 10:52:39 AM
FULL SIGNING SERVICE WAS A GREAT COMPANY. THEY HAD A VERY FRIENDLY STAFF & FOLLOW UP WAS GREAT. THE CHECKS WOULD ARRIVE ON TIME. BUT NOW--PAYMENTS ARE NONE, REPLIES TO CALLS NONE AND TALK IS NOW SURFACING ABOUT FINANCIAL WOES. DEBORAH FULL WAS A WONDERFUL PERSON AND I HOPE SHE CAN GET THINGS RESOLVED. PLEASE DEBORAH, STARTING PAYING OR YOU WILL END UP LIKE SO MANY OF THE OTHERS.

Reply author: Christine R
Replied on: 02/09/2009 06:08:01 AM
I did a signing for them recently. They will pay prior to the signing via Paypal, upon request.

Christine Moya Ross,
Notary Public, CSA

Replied on: 02/15/2009 06:26:11 AM
Low and behold. Sunset Signings Paid me. It took 4 months. Will not work for them again. Had to put too much effort into this.

SUNSET SIGNINGS...AVOID TRUST ME!!!!!!

THEY DO NOT PAY GOING ON 3 MONTHS
[/quote]

Reply author: VEstridge
Replied on: 03/02/2009 7:06:56 PM
Add "The Signing Company" to this list. Sean C. Dimon is the one I worked with there. Did a job for them June 2008 and after many emails to him and title company, he replied back in September saying that payment will be going out to give him a little more time. Well, payment never went out, his email comes back undeliverable and the phone number is no longer in service:-( Another one is 24-7 Notary. It took me six months to get paid by them.

Replied on: 03/08/2009 4:10:18 PM
Did a signing for Notary Pro for a very small fee back on January 9th. To date they still have not paid. They keep replying to my emails that a check has been sent, for the last three weeks, but still no payment. They used to be really good to work with, but I think they must be having some kind of trouble to take over 60days just to pay $40 for a signing.

Reply author: franrenda
Replied on: 03/09/2009 11:43:34 AM
Ivy settlement services doesn't even reply to billing requests nevertheless pay. Is any one else owed by these crooks

Reply author: rosmonson
Replied on: 03/11/2009 09:08:26 AM
We have finally received a check written on Washington Mutual ( Chase) and we went WAMU to cash the check....we were denied by WAMU because they were not officially Chase until June 1, 2009....I did deposit in my Numerica CU account but I expect it to be returned...What a scam...

I am a dual notary in Washington and Idaho with 6 years experience

Replied on: 03/12/2009 05:22:48 AM
Update to National Loan Closers. I did a closing for them back in January and had trouble receiving payment. What I had found was that they are not the person responsible for payment. I would have to contact the company that hired me. Unfortunately I was not aware that they only find the notaries, the responsiblitly of payment is on the company that hires us. I did everything they requested, and completed their on-line invoicing. Ultimately I did get paid. They said this information can be found on their closing confirmation. I went back on all my notes and paperwork and did find the print that states that if their is a question about invoicing to contact Loan Processing Center of KY, Inc. They are the ones responsible for payment. I sent them an email and a gentleman called me back to say that they were backed up and that my payment would be going out. 10/22/09 -As an update to this post, I did get paid for my signing. Thank you to everyone who gave me advice! Everyone who works for National Loan Closers needs to realize that it is not them that pay you. It will be the responsibility of the company that contacted them to pay you...Good luck to everyone!

Reply author: FCN2008
Replied on: 04/04/2009 07:43:23 AM
quote:
Originally posted by ontimenotary

Did a signing for Notary Pro for a very small fee back on January 9th. To date they still have not paid. They keep replying to my emails that a check has been sent, for the last three weeks, but still no payment. They used to be really good to work with, but I think they must be having some kind of trouble to take over 60days just to pay $40 for a signing.

If you call them speak to John. I had the same issue when all I did was deal with Kyle but John got me paid. They are okay you just need to speak to John.

Replied on: 07/09/2009 09:30:55 AM
Has anyone ever done any work for Legacy Services? I have two outstanding invoices from 5/10/09 all I receive is check is being sent out.First time doing business with them

Reply author: Starz
Replied on: 08/07/2009 10:50:55 AM
I did a closing in May for Legacy Document Services, too. Like you I'm still waiting for payment. Not much info on them.

Starz

Replied on: 08/07/2009 3:17:27 PM
Performed a esigning for Express Signing from of Santa Ana, CA 714-210-0558 (Lorrie)

Still have not been paid. Made numberous calls and have been told next week.

Do not work for them.

Angela

angela stuart

Reply author: Deb in KS
Replied on: 08/20/2009 6:45:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by VEstridge

Add "The Signing Company" to this list. Sean C. Dimon is the one I worked with there. Did a job for them June 2008 and after many emails to him and title company, he replied back in September saying that payment will be going out to give him a little more time. Well, payment never went out, his email comes back undeliverable and the phone number is no longer in service:-( Another one is 24-7 Notary. It took me six months to get paid by them.

Do you mean "The Closing Company"? Sean Dimon worked for them. They went out of business.

Replied on: 08/21/2009 07:06:10 AM
I have never had a problem with United Signatures or Serviclink. Servicelink is slow to pay, but United Signatures pays me within 30 days.

Reply author: jscamardi@sbcglobal.net
Replied on: 09/10/2009 04:37:37 AM
I'm told differently in another forum.
Where and how did you obtain this information?
According to folks in another forum the information contained in this list is out dated!

Reply author: 11789
Replied on: 09/12/2009 09:34:58 AM
US Certified Signers..Unprofessional, belittling in character and refusing to pay me (for two signings) because I refused to sign their Notary agreement. I did the jobs, they got paid, I didn't.

From the post I see, most people think they are a great company to work for. Agreeing to take full responsibility for a lawsuit against THEM is just plain stupid. I understand why seasoned, professional notaries generally do not accept assignments requiring you to sign "Notary agreement". If you're willing to shoulder complete responsibility for lawsuits against SS you are making a grave mistake.

Empathy for borrowers has no place when it comes to dealing with SS. Read those agreements people. Thanks to those peers who added their advise and support.

Reply author: LawDog
Replied on: 09/12/2009 11:01:00 AM
Sign on the X (SOXUSA) is at it again !!! Thankfully, I did only one signing just a week ago until I found out just what kind of tricks they play not only on the Notaries, but on the Title Co's and Structured Settlement Companies alike.

They then called me on Sep 11 to do a signing on Sep 12th (today) - when I quoted my fee a bit higher than usual (because the location ws quite a bit further than I usually travel), they first approved it, then called back and told me the signing was cancelled by the client.

I got an email from the actual Structured Settlement Company, telling me that SOXUSA had advised them that I had cancelled the signing and that they would have to find someone else to do it, and reschedule it. Turns out that they would have made only $5 on the signing, so they lied, saying I had cancelled and found somebody else to handle it. Stone Street Capital advised that the signing took place as scheduled, but that SOXUSA made them look bad with their client. I doubt Stone Street will be doing anymore business with SOXUSA.

Total loss for me, probably just the $85 for the Sep 6th signing, but the "chance" I was willing to take taught me NOT to take a chance.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SIGN ON THE X - SOXUSA - UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES !!!!

Reply author: Lisa T.
Replied on: 09/12/2009 2:38:08 PM
Lawdog, WOW!!!!......is all I can say - that you didn't research SOX in Aliso Viejo, CA before you took a signing - they are NOTORIOUS for stiffing Notaries....dating back to 2001. They are one of the WORST crooks in the business and they prey on newbies. They have been sued, the judge has issued bench warrants against the representatives for not showing up in court....check out NotaryRotary.com and do a search of SOX....Marian/CA posted something about the lawsuits brought against them. When one charges professional fees, they avoid these lowball, deadbeat companies. Anything less than three digits $XXX is not a professional fee - just my opinion.

Replied on: 09/12/2009 7:10:35 PM
LawDog,

First off, I agree with Lisa...you need to research every company that calls you or you're going to pay a hefty price....not all companies graciously pay us as we'd like and that's what these boards are about....keeping us all advised of the deadbeats...AND the good companies.

Also...I sure hope all your signing have been structured settlements .... since GA is an attorney-only state and you're not allowed to do loan signings there.

Linda

Replied on: 09/13/2009 05:47:48 AM
Actually, as idiotic as this may sound, I DID the research, and I CONFRONTED their rep with the results before even agreeing to the signing (structured settlement) - even the "F" rating with the BBB. The rep indicated that the problems before were caused by a former employee who is no longer there. Of course, I wasn't really buying that, but since the signing was about 10 miles from my home and would only take 20 minutes, I decided to take the risk just to have them on record AGAIN for not paying. Theoretically, no real loss to me. I didn't have anything else to do at the time.

I've been in law for over 24 years, and much of that in investigations. Sometimes, you "play" the victim in order to get the evidence. It didn't cost me anything, and now I have it all - paperwork, a series of emails, record of telephone calls, etc. So, although I appreciate being chastised like an uninformed child, there was a purpose to what I did. I merely wanted to "remind" folks here that they were still status quo with their criminal activities.

Furthermore, being a Notary in the State of GA and having worked for a law firm for more than 7 years, and being a certified Paralegal, I am fully aware of what type of signings I'm permitted to do, and that includes a LOT more than JUST structured settlement agreements. There are many legal exceptions - a full closing is out of the picture, but there are other circumstances where the closing doesn't require the presence of an attorney. So, quite simply, Georgia is not necessarily an ATTORNEY ONLY closing state.

Replied on: 09/13/2009 2:15:04 PM
<<<So, although I appreciate being chastised like an uninformed child,...>>>

Your first post did not sound like "someone playing the victim to get evidence". It sounded like an uninformed newbie, charging a lowball fee, who didn't do their research/homework and now got zapped by a notorious deadbeat.

I doubt anyone on this forum is psychic. If you're unclear and leave out key details in your post (i.e. "....there was a purpose to what I did.") readers can only respond to the information you write. If those responses result in "chastisement", then I suggest you reexamine the manner in which you post. JMHO

Replied on: 09/14/2009 08:26:22 AM
Perhaps Lisa was responding to you under the notion that since you had anything to do with SOX that you did not know any better. Typically, the folks that say such things as "DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SIGN ON THE X - SOXUSA - UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES !!!!" have recently been burned by SOX and those folks tend to have less than a year in the signing business.

It seems to be a baptism of sorts that each notary learns not to do business with them and develops a sense of betrayal and/or mistrust when taken advantage of by these people. On the other hand, many folks that have studied and learned about aspects of this business from the various forums have seen dozens of these posts. So, perhaps you are not new to the notary business, but you are likely fairly new to the forums or you would be more than aware of the redundancy of your statement concerning SOX.

If you are new, great. Perhaps you can learn more about the signing business from others that post here and elsewhere If you are not new, maybe we can learn something new of the business from you Welcome.

Replied on: 09/14/2009 08:45:52 AM
Thanks, Vince. I appreciate you taking more of an assistive and level-headed approach. I realize my first posting lacked a bit of detail, as in indicating that I had already done my homework on SOXUSA, but also noticed that nobody has followed through with State Authorities. Yes, some have filed civil suits, but this has to go further. I've been an investigator for 24 plus years, and the key element is to get the evidence to take to the licensing authorities where there would be teeth in the law. Sometimes, in order to accopmlish that, you have to take a risk (which is what I did, knowing there was a distinct possibility that I'd never see the money.)

The reason I posted in the first place was to "bump" the name back up, since they don't appear in the forum recently. As you know, many newbies don't necessarily scroll all the way to the first postings in a forum.

LisaT, if I came off a bit sharp with you, I apologize, but even if I WAS a newbie, your tone was more critical than helpful. Even a newbie who made a mistake doesn't deserve to be called out with demeaning remarks.

I'm not through with SOXUSA - I intend to gather all pertinent information and bring this entire situation to the attention of the authorities who have the power to take them down.

Reply author: bbrewer
Replied on: 09/14/2009 09:55:52 AM
Is there any way of getting a list of companies that are no longer in business?

Replied on: 09/14/2009 11:44:52 AM
quote:
Originally posted by LawDog

Thanks, Vince. I appreciate you taking more of an assistive and level-headed approach. I realize my first posting lacked a bit of detail, as in indicating that I had already done my homework on SOXUSA, but also noticed that nobody has followed through with State Authorities. Yes, some have filed civil suits, but this has to go further. I've been an investigator for 24 plus years, and the key element is to get the evidence to take to the licensing authorities where there would be teeth in the law. Sometimes, in order to accopmlish that, you have to take a risk (which is what I did, knowing there was a distinct possibility that I'd never see the money.)

If you are the person that actually puts people that do not honor commitments out of business, so much the better. Let us know if you have any luck with this. Other persons have actually reported going to the BBB, the FBI, the local police, the local sheriffs department, the SOS, the AG and several have gone to the trouble of going to court.

During my first year, before I started to read the forums, I simply was a pain in the neck to them and eventually they did pay me. But, I have not accepted any business with them since, as it took more time heckling them for payment than it did to complete the assignment. A local friend also accepted business from them, but he finally gave up and wrote them and the income off.

Replied on: 09/14/2009 11:49:12 AM
Ok, here's a shocker - I just received a check for $85 from Sign on the X (SOXUSA) for the signing I did 8 days ago. I called their bank in California, and was told that the account is valid, and the funds are available to cover this check. I guess that sort of weakens any "evidence" at this point.

I might point out, though, that I had sent them a VERY firm email advising that I was aware of their less than stellar reputation, and that I would not hesitate to pursue this to the fullest extent, should they choose not to pay for my services. Alright, so maybe it scared them and maybe it didn't, but they paid me.

Leopard changing its spots, or just a fluke ? You tell me.

Replied on: 09/14/2009 1:10:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by LawDog

Ok, here's a shocker - I just received a check for $85 from Sign on the X (SOXUSA) for the signing I did 8 days ago. I called their bank in California, and was told that the account is valid, and the funds are available to cover this check. I guess that sort of weakens any "evidence" at this point.

I might point out, though, that I had sent them a VERY firm email advising that I was aware of their less than stellar reputation, and that I would not hesitate to pursue this to the fullest extent, should they choose not to pay for my services. Alright, so maybe it scared them and maybe it didn't, but they paid me.

Leopard changing its spots, or just a fluke ? You tell me.

I recently read this advice:

"DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SIGN ON THE X - SOXUSA - UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES"

Sounded pretty clear to me.

Replied on: 09/14/2009 2:14:51 PM
Yeah, Vince - that was after I did the research on the company and BEFORE they shocked me by sending me a check.

I'm not changing my position on whether or not to do business with them, just giving everyone the ODD update.

My guess would be FLUKE.

Replied on: 09/14/2009 9:35:25 PM
LawDog, my first post was in response to this: Sign on the X (SOXUSA) is at it again !!!

When someone says "at it again", that seems to indicate that they didn't learn from their mistake. There's an old adage: Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. If my post was critical, that criticism was certainly not without merit. Your post was dated 9/11 and you said you did a signing for them a week ago, then accepted signing for 9/12. Yikes!!! You left out key details of your intentions for working with SOX so I could only respond to what you wrote. Now that I know what's going on, kudos to you for working to shut down the boiler room operation of SOX. Only problem is, because SS's aren't regulated, they'll just pop up with a new name and the same old thieving tactics.

Replied on: 09/15/2009 05:37:30 AM
Lisa - while I don't think I've pulled off any kind of miracle with these people ($85 is peanuts compared to the thousands they've bilked notaries out of), I am more accustomed to dealing with "thugs" than most of you might be (law enforcement and law background). I sent the following email (edited slightly) to Missy Dobbs at SOX as a follow-up to my initial telephone conversation with her when I was first solicited to conduct the signing:

"Missy:

As I discussed with you on the telephone prior to accepting this assignment, I am deeply concerned with your company's track record in refusing to pay for services rendered.

See this link:

http://www.la.bbb.org/Business-Report/Sox-Signing-Solutions-13134410

As such, I do not intend to wait until after November 1st to be paid for these services. I am sending a copy of this email to (client company) as well, since I believe it is imperative that they know who they are dealing with also.

Furthermore, I have an email from you agreeing to the fee of $85.00 and I do not intend to submit my invoice online at your website. You may consider this email as my invoice to be paid upon receipt of the signed / notarized package on the (customer) matter.

Let me forewarn you. I am not a typical mobile notary. I have 24 years experience in the law. I am not a pushover as you may assume that others in this business may be. I will give you the benefit of the doubt in this matter, as you have indicated that the "person" who had created this bad reputation is no longer with the company, and you operate legitimately.

With that being said, I expect payment of $85.00 immediately upon receipt of the (customer) package, as mentioned earlier. Having 500 unresolved complaints in 36 months with the BBB does not fare well with most people.

I have also advised (the loan officer) by separate email that if my fee of $85.00 is not paid by September 15, 2009, I will turn to them for payment. Furthermore, I will indeed proceed with an action against SOX with the Better Business Bureau and California State Authorities."

Maybe, just maybe, taking an immediate hard line both by telephone and by email put them on notice that notaries throughout the country are fed up with their tactics.

Reply author: jschultz
Replied on: 09/15/2009 08:24:10 AM
Good for you lawdog.I'm glad you were paid, although I think you were hoping not to get paid so you could go after these scumbags.How these deadbeats have managed to stay in business so long just amazes me.I know they prey on the newbies in this business to survive.These people need to be in jail.Their business model is based on fraud.

Replied on: 09/15/2009 11:02:36 AM
To be such crooks, SOX has a nice website. Usually, the crooks have taken down their website and they become elusive. I like this statement of the invoicing page "Any work not billed within 90 days of completion will be void." So they just ignore Notaries for 90 days, then in their minds they can legitimately keep Notaries monies. Their site also says they have offices in San Diego, CA; Laguna Beach, CA and New York. Wonder who runs those operations?

LawDog, I've never worked for SOX, I learned early on to avoid them like the plague....but I do appreciate your efforts and goals regarding them......it only takes one determined person....[you know the rest ]

Reply author: Renee
Replied on: 09/15/2009 2:25:05 PM
I sure don't want to invite the consternation of LawDog ....but I won't work for any company reknown for taking advantage of my colleagues - I just don't want to, my choice. I will certainly allow that many people just can't afford that kind of choice, particularly in our economic state.

I do suspect that companies such as SOX have formulated a pretty profitable strategy of targeting 'newbies' and hobbyists, who tend (by what I read across the forums) to be less than 'business-savvy'.

The people complaining the most seem to (generalizing) be NNA members, new, probably are listed on the NNA-site, are working low-fees (easy to figure out from who they're working for) and frequently use the phrase "...still waiting to be paid."

These are the common denominators I've seen patterned from reading a variety of forums for years. This is why I theorize that a professional fee will keep the hounds from your door.

Reply author: tomthenotary
Replied on: 09/15/2009 3:20:32 PM
They still owe me from year and half ago, their BBB rating says it all, anyone accepting orders from this company is just plain STUPID!!!

Replied on: 09/16/2009 09:07:06 AM
Renee - you're certainly not inviting my "consternation" - there was a method to my "madness" - oddly enough, they didn't take the bait so my plan went awry. Clearly, I would be steering clear of them altogether, as I'm not sure how much time and money I'd be willing to personally invest in trying to bring these people down.

"tomthenotary" - I think it's unfair for you to accuse ANYONE of being "Stupid", regardless of what they do or don't do. Smart people do stupid things - that doesn't make them stupid. You're not perfect, I'm sure, and I doubt if you'd appreciate being LABLED for making a decision, whether it was popular or not; informed or not.

Have you personally ever bought anything advertised on those loud, obnoxious T.V. commercials ? Well, my wife has - bad decision - against my better judgment - but label her stupid and you and I would have a 'personal problem' !!!

Replied on: 09/16/2009 10:34:07 AM
How do I go about getting payment ($100) from a company (MDA Signing Solutions) that I did a job for in January and never got paid for. I've sent them 2 W-9 forms, countless phone calls, countless emails, and nothing. In mid-August I was told by Bette that my payment would be sent out in either the 8/27 or 9/3 check run, but it obviously hasn't.
About a month ago I attempted to report them to the BBB of Maryland (the state they're in), and was told that they "don't handle those types of issues". Any ideas? What other recourse do I have?

Replied on: 09/16/2009 11:03:35 AM
Check the Home page of 123Notary - they have some excellent resources that may help you collect. Letters, advice, etc. This company has been previously discussed in this forum, from what I've found, and only ONE notary expressed any successful relationship with them.

Others on this forum, who've been around longer than I, and who've been doing this longer may have better suggestions for you.

And yes, BBB considers this to be a Business-to-Business arrangment, therefore, not a consumer issue. Good Luck

Replied on: 09/16/2009 11:22:01 AM
Thanks LawDog.

Reply author: tomthenotary
Replied on: 09/17/2009 09:59:47 AM
Lawdog, I feel compelled to clarify my comment regarding the word stupid, as follows

Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.
Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.
Pointless; worthless: a stupid job

My intention was not to label anyone stupid, my intention and comments are based on business decisions, I am contantly seeing post with people complaining they were burned by companies, SS or TC, I just don't understand why people in this business continue to support companies by accepting order when they know other have been had, we all have a responsibilty to police this industry to rid the industry of the toxic companies, in addition, I have made stupid business decision in the past by accepting jobs from SOX, LIA, CJ and my losses total around $300.00, I learned and moved on, and finally regarding the TV, No I have never purchased anything, call me old-fashion, and your wife,I have never met the lady!!

Replied on: 09/18/2009 09:42:04 AM
Tom - "apology" accepted.

And, incidentally, I didn't get stiffed by SOX - just know that I wouldn't even THINK of accepting another assignment from them, based entirely on the fact that they've stiffed others.

Replied on: 09/18/2009 09:57:42 AM
Hey Tom, could you just "feel stupid" about what you did? I did two signings and loss out and can't do anything about it? Moving on is a great equalizer. JMO

Replied on: 09/18/2009 10:11:34 AM
quote:
Originally posted by 11789

Hey Tom, could you just "feel stupid" about what you did? I did two signings and loss out and can't do anything about it? Moving on is a great equalizer. JMO

Why can't you do something about it? You're at least in the same state as SOX, making small claims a lot easier for you than many of the out-of-state notaries that got taken....moving on truly IS a great equalizer but moving on with a victory in small claims court is even sweeter. I know if I were in your circumstances I'd pursue a small claims action in a heartbeat.

JMO

Linda

Replied on: 09/18/2009 10:41:20 AM
HMMMMMMMM Jurisdiction for one. SS Sacramento, service performed in San Francisco and I live in Oakland. Two, filing fees ( 1/2 of what they owe me), Three..how many opportunities to make money would I miss out on pursuing the company who got paid but refuses to pay me? I'll have to right it off unfortunately and DEFINITELY AVOID THAT SIGNING SERVICE and of course move on.

Replied on: 09/18/2009 10:43:21 AM
Ooops right off as in "Write off" LOL

Reply author: conotary
Replied on: 09/19/2009 10:58:15 AM
To those of you who have experience in these legal matters, please read my recent posting under Dynamic Field Services and give me your opinion of the threat of "tortious interference of contract" I have received from this company when telling them that I intend to report them to the title company for shorting payment. The guy owes me $50 which I could indeed write off, but like you I want to put these crooks out of business when they take advantage of people.

Reply author: gjk-fl
Replied on: 09/19/2009 3:14:55 PM
Well I know what interference means, but had no idea what tortious meant, but this is what Merriam Webster says:

tortious: implying or involving tort

tort: a wrongful act other than a breach of contract for which relief may be obtained in the form of damages or an injunction

gjk

Replied on: 09/19/2009 5:05:20 PM
Tortious Interference...in part from wikipedia:

"Tortious interference, in the common law of tort, occurs when a person intentionally damages the plaintiff's contractual or other business relationships. This tort is broadly divided into two categories, one specific to contractual relationships (irrespective of whether they involve business), and the other specific to business relationships or activities (irrespective of whether they involve a contract)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tortious_interference

Linda

Replied on: 09/20/2009 09:16:14 AM
Ahhh...I just love it when people come together !! You know, Wikipedia is usually a pretty good "general" source of information, but remember that the contributions there are from "visitors" to the site, not from "experts" in the field.

That being said, what is found in Wikipedia is relatively correct on the surface, and I'm not what I'd consider an "expert", although I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express one time.

Simply put, a "tort" is a harm. A tort is damage, whether physical, emotional, financial, etc. Anything that can be measured as a loss can be a tort. Losing business with a company because of things others have said CAN be tortious, but those things said MUST be untrue (defamatory - either libelous or slanderous) and MUST be proven to be said (or "published").

Published is quite simple - posting comments on a message board forum, sending an email or other written/verbal communication to the contractor of the "offending" company, making public comments about the company, publishing a "Letter to the Editor" in the local paper; are all examples. Remember now, these cannot be actionable if the "published" information is TRUE. In other words, if one has PROOF that can be documented, such as in this case, (email, contract, voice recording, etc) that a task was agreed upon at a certain rate, and that the task was completed, yet not paid according to the agreement, then communicating that to a third party is not "tortious interference with a contract". It's communicating the TRUTH, pure and simple.

While it may be true that an independent contractor (a "business") has other avenues to resolve "business issues", many Title companies would want to know whether the signing companies they are doing business with are being honest and above-board. Threatening you with "tortious interference of a contractual relationship" is yelling fire in a crowded theater. It's a scare tactic.

Still, one has to ask oneself - is this a fight worth fighting ? If you WERE to contact the Title company, I can bet that the title company will most likely tell you that your agreement with DFS does not obligate them to settle your differences. And, they'd be right.

If it were me, I would continue collection efforts on a legal basis, try to cost them as much as you can having to at least READ your correspondence (manpower isn't cheap), try to cost them money in replying to your correspondence, and call them at every opportunity on their toll-free number. Pretty much Tit for Tat. Or, in the alternative - Let it go and move on.

Reply author: notaryslife
Replied on: 03/23/2012 09:45:35 AM
I thought BancServe was top notch a while. They paid me $125 per signing a while and paid within two weeks. Then there was a problem signing that wasn't really my fault but the title companies they shafted me for.

BancServe is negotiable on its fees but claims it only offers $60 base + $25 edocs fee. If you're in a market that requires a higher fee if you're really good they will negotiate.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Reply author: notaryslife
Replied on: 03/23/2012 09:48:09 AM
Re; Speedy Closings, there are several named this, you need to specify which one.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Reply author: Diana
Replied on: 08/06/2012 07:38:51 AM
They Are Actually Called "Speedy Closings" Frank Amari is the owner/manager.. They Do Not pay, you have to threaten them over and over to get paid.. I did alot of work for them in the beginning, but quickly learned my lesson... Now when Frank Calls, I tell him pay me via Pay-Pal before the closing or I can not work for you! That Simple.. Not worth my time and energy to chase them down for payment.. Good Luck to you!

quote:
Originally posted by notaryslife

Re; Speedy Closings, there are several named this, you need to specify which one.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Reply author: estre68132
Replied on: 08/15/2012 09:03:37 AM
It just occurred to me that perhaps the way to deal with a bad signing company is to let the title company know that you are having trouble getting paid, because it reflects badly on the title company (and the lender) when that happens.

Mary K. Villalba

Reply author: pafrealtor
Replied on: 08/15/2012 09:25:36 AM
Thanks for the list--fortunately I have been busy when some
of these companies have called me--I am just sticking with the
ones that I have been working with and pay the best. Hard to find
Those anymore. I'll keep the list handy.
Again, Thanks
Pauline A. Fernandez
PaFernandez, Bilingual Mobile Notary
559-360-4940

PAFERNANDEZ

Reply author: Diana
Replied on: 08/24/2012 12:45:45 PM
Mary,, Your right.. I have learned, now I tell the Signing agency that I will contact the lender if I do not receive payment. It works, either I get paid from the signing agency or the Lender sends me a check and follows up with a phone call!. Stick to your guns!! Call the title companies and/or lenders.. Good Luck everyone!

quote:
Originally posted by estre68132

It just occurred to me that perhaps the way to deal with a bad signing company is to let the title company know that you are having trouble getting paid, because it reflects badly on the title company (and the lender) when that happens.

Mary K. Villalba

Reply author: Marissa de Luna
Replied on: 09/11/2012 03:00:24 AM
add
Final Link Signing Service
SOX AKA is also Sign on the X

I'm working on a class action but no hoping yet!

NO-NO-NO

Banc Serv – low rates
Bay Breeze Title
Cal Capital
Closing Quest
Countrywide
Document Closers Inc.
Elaine with Tampa Bay
FNP Document Svcs
LIA Signing
Loan Closers
Loan Signers
Navy Credit Union
Notaries Direct
Notary Pro
One Touch Closings – FL
Signing Pro
SOX aka Signature Plus
Speedy Closings
United Notaries
United Signatures

Elizabeth F. Holtman

Please visit our signing agent certification page
http://www.123notary.com/certified-signing-agent.asp
[/quote]

Marissa de Luna 6197261962

Reply author: sandiegocountynotary
Replied on: 12/06/2012 6:32:51 PM
***Urgent: Anyone that is owed money from Final Link or Home Signings, please contact me at notarysd1@gmail(dot)com . Let me know how much you are owed as well. There is a Detective that is on this case and the more people we are, the stonger the case and the faster we get these people. I can give you more info once you email me if you like. Thank you.

Reply author: NotarySharon
Replied on: 12/23/2012 1:59:38 PM
You should add NREIS (National Real Estate Information Services) to your list of No No Companies. They used to be a decent company, but in the past year got to be slower and slower pay until finally, I am still owed a closing from back in February. I check in with them every month. The first time I called they informed me they were on 90 days to pay. In June I got the 90 day story again, and here it is December, and I'm still not paid. They admitted to having "Cash flow" problems. I suspect the cash they received flowed into someone's pocketbook before any notaries got paid.

Sharon Hopkins

Replied on: 12/23/2012 3:07:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by NotarySharon

You should add NREIS (National Real Estate Information Services) to your list of No No Companies. They used to be a decent company, but in the past year got to be slower and slower pay until finally, I am still owed a closing from back in February. I check in with them every month. The first time I called they informed me they were on 90 days to pay. In June I got the 90 day story again, and here it is December, and I'm still not paid. They admitted to having "Cash flow" problems. I suspect the cash they received flowed into someone's pocketbook before any notaries got paid.

Sharon Hopkins

I have no inside info as I haven't worked for them in several years, but someone on NotRot posted they are either out of business or in the process of shutting down.

No proof from me, no confirmation...just passing on info I just recently heard...you may want to check it out.

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com

Reply author: Brana
Replied on: 04/18/2013 10:30:56 AM
Does anyone know if Sign on the X is still in business in Aliso Viejo??

Reply author: sjcnotary
Replied on: 04/19/2013 11:15:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by sandiegocountynotary

***Urgent: Anyone that is owed money from Final Link or Home Signings, please contact me at notarysd1@gmail(dot)com . Let me know how much you are owed as well. There is a Detective that is on this case and the more people we are, the stonger the case and the faster we get these people. I can give you more info once you email me if you like. Thank you.

Reply author: sjcnotary
Replied on: 04/19/2013 11:17:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by sandiegocountynotary

I am one of those people. Final Link is the absolute WORST, and I'd LOVE to help put them out of business for good.
Please feel free to contact me directly at sjcnotary@gmail.com

Reply author: busynotary
Replied on: 06/03/2013 3:23:00 PM
Add Expert Signings to your list of BAD companies to avoid.

Reply author: amw333
Replied on: 07/19/2013 07:39:06 AM
I really need to print this list and have it with me at all times! I would love to be able to check out a new company on 123Notary.com before accepting a signing, but most of the time the phone call comes while I'm driving, or not close to a computer, and I feel if I don't respond right away the job will be assigned to someone else. With that said, I have accpted jobs and then later, after the fact, looked them up, only to discover that they have a terrible reputation. So far, I have yet to not be paid for a closing (out of over 200,) but there have been many that are slow to pay and require numerous follow-up, and that is very frustrating!

AnnMarie

Replied on: 07/19/2013 07:57:29 AM
quote:
Originally posted by amw333

I really need to print this list and have it with me at all times! I would love to be able to check out a new company on 123Notary.com before accepting a signing, but most of the time the phone call comes while I'm driving, or not close to a computer, and I feel if I don't respond right away the job will be assigned to someone else. With that said, I have accpted jobs and then later, after the fact, looked them up, only to discover that they have a terrible reputation. So far, I have yet to not be paid for a closing (out of over 200,) but there have been many that are slow to pay and require numerous follow-up, and that is very frustrating!

AnnMarie

I would be very careful in using this list. The list is very outdated, many of the companies are already out of business, some of them are very good companies to deal with. This list was compiled as one person's opinion and is not necessarily indicative of a pattern of good or bad.

Your best bet is to research any companies you sign up with or work with and develop your own g/b/u list for reference. I will also tell you that as much as I respect this website, the signing company list is not well maintained. Your better reference point for a company's reputation is Signing Central on Notary Rotary. It is, IMO, hands down the best reference point for whether a company is g/b/u to work with.

JMHO

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com

Reply author: ceb193
Replied on: 12/17/2013 2:08:08 PM
I got a call to do a closing for them and just turned them down after reading the horror stories about trying to get payments.

I hope you all keep well read on these bo bo signing agencies. Its not worth your time having to fight for your money, after you provide a service ...

Thank you to all who have posted about them. I appreciate it.

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum : http://www.123notary.com/forum/

© 123notary.com

Close Window