123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Notary Tips
 Overnight docs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

betty1957

Illinois
35 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2015 :  05:15:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its ALL about COMMUNICATION!!!
I'm with you LindaH! I've only completed about 600 signings, so I'm not as experienced as some, but TOO often we have to wait on the documents as if we don't care if our time is wasted. But, all too often, the vendor, lendor and title will dock our fee if we make an error, and RUSHING makes mistakes. If I have not received documents at the time that I agree to a signing, I make it clear that they may not be dropped for shipment the next Business day, instead of the same evening. Communication is key. The lendors don't always do it, it's hit and miss. I'm not going to do Their job, but I try to communicate enough to the borrower's that it doesn't inconvenience ME. I always ask the borrower for their email, and I have a standard email, "Acceptable ID's for the Borrower", that I have compiled from the PDF's of mortgages and loan modifications and structured settlements. (I ask them to write back, "OK" to let me know that they have received it.) Then, I have one more way to contact them without asking them to pick up their phone again. If I get the documents and the ID's are specific, I send the borrowers an additional email about those specifics. After that, I contact the vendor and/or the lender/title and then it's THEIR problem. Overnighting IS their problem. We all fax waaaayyyyyy tooo often, while the rest of the world says, "fax? What's that?!?" I DO scan, too, even though I'm pushing 60yo.

betty j. dedman
Go to Top of Page

sandiegonotarynow

California
2 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2015 :  09:44:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit sandiegonotarynow's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dannotary,
I totally agree with you in that it can be difficult to deal with companies that want to send the documents to the borrowers to print, or just mail it to them.
I find a lot of borrowers dont even know that the signing is supposed to be occurring the day that the signing company calls me, and sometimes they can't even sign the day that the documents are dated.
There really should be a more efficient way to get the documents to the notary and have the signers be aware of the exact date they are going to sign and have the documents delivered to us, the notaries, by an exact time as promised.

Best Regards,
Rachael
https://sandiegonotarynow.com/

Edited by - sandiegonotarynow on 08/23/2015 09:44:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2015 :  6:45:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Linda H, those sound like good reasonable ways to handle overnighted docs, but I am not even willing to do that- too much fiddling around.
Go to Top of Page

ohionotarial

Ohio
36 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2015 :  02:01:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit ohionotarial's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Some lenders, Chase for example, have borrower packets included and require overnight delivery of the complete packet. I am doing one of these tonight, and have had the docs delivered and ready to go for two days. I don't mind this at all, but I guess this is the exception.

Jay Schankman - Ohio Notary Public
NNA Certified Signing Agent
Notary2Pro Trained

"Providing Notarial Services Throughout Central and Southern Ohio"

www.ohionotarial.com
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2015 :  04:13:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Overnight docs are fine with me, but I make it clear with hiring party that I will NOT set a time until docs have arrived. IF going to borrower, then borrower needs to call me to confirm docs have arrived. If docs to me I tell hiring party we are very rural with some restricted delivery so they need to do their due diligence as far as (a) finding out delivery times from various couriers; and (b) making sure they send them in a way to guarantee delivery on time. I also have a cutoff time for document receipt - so if docs are delivered to me at 8:00pm, that signing isn't happening til next day.

Most times, when they find out what kind of area we're in, and the hoops THEY have to jump through, suddenly $25 to print the docs doesn't sound like so much to them any more and they're willing to pay it to ensure their loan gets closed on time.

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2015 :  10:29:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will NEVER accept an assignment that involves overnighting of docs. After 16 years as a signing agent, I can tell you that it is a disaster. Docs never come on time for an appt. They usually don't mention if the docs are going to you or the borrower. Docs were sent requiring a signature and if no one is there to sign the whole thing is off until another day. More phone calls now and everyone wants to throw you under the bus now because it is somehow morphed into being the notaries fault. Borrowers won't call you to let you know that they have arrived or not then you have to try and get paid for a trip fee. Appt. has to be changed due to late docs which results in at least a dozen phone calls and it disrupts your whole days schedule. It is the biggest hassle and comedy of errors on earth. The reason for overnighted docs is: 1) lots of dingbats out there with crappy printers who don't even know that docs are useless if pages are cut off,2) Cheap companies who don't want to pay a print fee because they get a volume discount from UPS and Fed Ex costing them about $8. to ship. 3) they want to tag and set up the docs, tagging all the signature lines for you etc as if you have never done a signing before.
I am updated my website to include NO OVERNIGHTED DOCS EVER!
E mailed docs only so that I can set it up in advance and prepare everything and have complete control over the docs.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.