123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Local Notary Network
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rcnotary

California
3 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2016 :  2:13:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FYI, I have not heard from Local Notary Network nor from "contact@notary-center.com" but I paid $24.50 for membership in response to constant emails I have been receiving for signings in my area but that stopped as soon as I paid! No emails and no mobile texts for orders. I tried to contact them to no avail. They left me no choice but to cancel membership and contacted my credit card company to dispute the $24.50 charge and seek reimbursement so buyer beware!!

Ronald Castaneda
Go to Top of Page

connetent

California
1 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2016 :  12:35:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Yes, I too suspected this was a Bait & Switch. Designed to separate us from our "contributions" to their "preferred" notary category.

Fuhgeddit, Kids. The fees are too-good-to-be-true...in comparison with the rest of the companies' offerings.

Donna J.R. Connee
Go to Top of Page

cindig444

California
2 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2016 :  09:48:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I googled their San Diego address from my inlaws address in SD and it seems like it's an actual address. I've replied yes to them several times, they say it's filled (I live in a small town, so there's 2 traveling notaries here and when she's out of town she lets me know, so I know when it's just me) but after a while I've gotten a call for LOTS cheaper for the same signing time. So what I think they do is use the website to find out if you are available at $170 or whatever crazy high price they list, then call later to offer you a cheaper price.
Go to Top of Page

joannieh

Michigan
40 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2016 :  09:34:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I get the same emails offering a closing in my town for $175. Then later an email that it's been assigned to another closer. This is funny since there are few closers within a couple hundred miles of my area. I cover over 1,000 square miles. I've had about ten closings in my town since I moved here in May 2009. Since they've had "closings" in my town more than 12 times in the last couple months that were assigned to "another" closer, I'm thinking they're in the orient or Russia and any notary who signed up need to file a claim with their credit card company to get their money back.

Joannie
Go to Top of Page

kfortsch

New Jersey
2 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2016 :  06:10:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I send them a reply.

"Please make my account a Preferred Account. Please deduct the fee from my first signing. Thanks, Karl"
Go to Top of Page

KHSTjudi

Washington
34 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2016 :  03:26:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"There's a sucker born every minute..."? Thankfully, we have forums to help prevent NSAs from falling into the "sucker" category.

Judi Kidd
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2016 :  04:47:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do I hear the ghost of PT Barnum laughing?

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

KHSTjudi

Washington
34 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2016 :  12:38:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got a couple of their "Are you available for a signing" emails. Looking at their website, I noted a number of syntax errors, use of incorrect tense in verbs, etc - usually a warning sign that the site was written by someone not an English speaker. Of course, I hopped right onto 123notary to check the forum. Thanks, all, for your helpful feedback!
Go to Top of Page

AKnotary

Alaska
36 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2015 :  3:06:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My instinct told me not to pay their "registration" fee, and I'm glad I didn't. As many of you have already said, I responded to an email saying i was available. I also sent an email saying I would pay their fee upon completion of the signing. Of course, nothing came back to me except more "orders."

I appreciate this forum. Thanks for all who are posting.

Vicki Kluever
NNA Certified Notary Signing Agent in Alaska
907) 539-7111
Go to Top of Page

Melcolbert

California
21 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2015 :  2:04:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Melcolbert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I looked up the domain name holder in WHOIS. This is what came up:
Domain Name: LOCALNOTARYNETWORK.COM
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 146
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: http://registrar.godaddy.com
Name Server: NS8393.HOSTGATOR.COM
Name Server: NS8394.HOSTGATOR.COM
Status: clientDeleteProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Status: clientRenewProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Status: clientUpdateProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Updated Date: 17-feb-2015
Creation Date: 24-sep-2013
Expiration Date: 24-sep-2015
Go to Top of Page

cw2usarmyret

Virginia
122 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2015 :  04:05:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you paid for the "service" with a credit card, have you reported it to your credit card company? Basically, you were charged for services, goods etc. that you never received. Let the credit card company fraud division look into this and if they determine that they are not really legitimate then the credit card company will pull their ability to take credit cards. (I was a CSR for a major credit card company)
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2015 :  11:56:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by crtowles

I'm getting calls of notaries very concerned that have paid the 49.00. Folks for those of you have paid just do a chargeback.....something stinks!

~Carmen

Carmen, if I were you I'd contact those notaries and have them report this outfit to IC3 and their local DA.

Also, Florida notaries may want to look into this statute.

Florida Statute 817.034#8195;Florida Communications Fraud Act.—

"(d)#8195;“Scheme to defraud” means a systematic, ongoing course of conduct with intent to defraud one or more persons, or with intent to obtain property from one or more persons by false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises or willful misrepresentations of a future act."

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0800-0899/0817/Sections/0817.034.html

Good luck to all - glad I didn't bite.

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2015 :  11:55:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay..just in case anyone thinks this site is legit -

A group of notaries on Notary Rotary (including myself) from various areas around the country (CA, MN, MD, NJ and FL) have reported they received an identical email today for a signing Sunday morning at 10:00am, in the town in which each of us lived - what a coincidence. AND ...<<wait for it>> <<wait for it>> - for two of us the email contained the SAME order number.!!

This is proof it's a scam. Save your money.

Linda

Edited by - LindaH on 04/18/2015 03:09:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

crtowles

California
553 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2015 :  2:27:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm getting calls of notaries very concerned that have paid the 49.00. Folks for those of you have paid just do a chargeback.....something stinks!

~Carmen

Go to Top of Page

BigLar

Minnesota
15 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2015 :  07:05:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would say that this is definitely a SCAM OPERATION! Just now I got an email offer...$250, here, in my town, and I replied no more than 5 seconds after it hit my inbox: SORRY, already assigned...blah, blah..

Ha! I call Bullsh*t here. Spam filter from now on.

Laurence
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2015 :  03:18:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I completed the info, but did NOT pay. This is a low-volume area and I am the only notary in my town. Got an e-mail for $250/my town/a double. (In 20 years, think I've had maybe 2 double loans.) Happened to be on computer when e-mail arrived & immediately said 'available'...it was already accepted and then I was redirected to 'pay page'. I definitely call BS,too.

If you don't value your time and experience, nobody else will.
Go to Top of Page

Florida
14 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2015 :  10:01:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Every indication suggest that Local Notary Network IS NOT ON THE LEVEL, and all they really want is the OUR SIGN UP FEE OF $50.00

Those $150.00 , $ 180.00, $200. payments for our signing efforts will never be seen, because they did exist in the first place. Pass the word around for everyone to BY PASS THIS SCAM THAT IS BAITING YOU
AND I TO GET OUR $50.00 money up front.

RAP
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2015 :  09:34:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I marked them "spam" - and every day I have 2 or 3 new emails from them in my spam folder.

Until they choose to come clean and identify themselves I don't even want to see their email...I think their lack of transparency speaks volumes. I'm also not crazy about this policy of "we only use email contact with our notaries"...

<<sniff>> <<sniff>> yeah...no, not me.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

crtowles

California
553 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2015 :  05:38:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BE CAREFUL!!! Although we pay for advertising we do not pay to get work. These scenarios are two different things. IMO this is a scam. What guarantees you that there is any work to begin with? All they need to do is send out an email/text blast and first come first serve will get the job...(except there was never a job to begin with) and then then when folks respond than just say 'sorry, its taken, maybe next time' Just imagine how much money they can make if all the notaries send them 50.00.

Another red flag is there is no contact information on their website......

~Carmen
Go to Top of Page

lwalsh143

Pennsylvania
17 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2015 :  10:10:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit lwalsh143's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I started getting emails last week to join, I started the application process and got to the end where they requested credit card and $49.95 to register and just exited from the website.

After that I started getting email "available signings" and the fees were $150-$180, when I click on "Yes I am available" I go to a page reading "signing already assigned" but then redirected to another page to sign up for $49.95 to get better chances at more closings in my area. Seems like a scam to me, I can't find anything on the web about them.

They do not list a phone number or address on their website so how are title company's suppose to get in touch with them to give them assignments/

Linda J Walsh
Go to Top of Page

Doris_CO

Colorado
148 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2015 :  10:18:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This company has been discussed on Notary Rotary and no one has any information about them other then it's a new website and they want $49.95 registration fee. I have better places to spend my hard earned money and I'm sure you do to.
Go to Top of Page

California
16 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2015 :  11:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know anything on this company?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.