123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Great Lakes Settlement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  1:11:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HWardale

My experience with Great Lakes Settlement was very positive. When Chris Reynolds initially contacted me, I expressed concern about the reviews I had read about Great Lakes Settlement. He acknowledged that there had been problems in the past, but they had turned a new leaf. He promised that he would pay me promptly upon closing and included my name on the Settlement Statement. The loan closed on 3/13, and today, a day later, I received an overnight envelope with my payment! Chris kept his promise and exceeded my expectations.

HWardale

Good to hear! That's a breath of fresh air these days.

Kudos to GLSS

LindaH/FL
Go to Top of Page

HWardale

California
20 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  08:30:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit HWardale's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My experience with Great Lakes Settlement was very positive. When Chris Reynolds initially contacted me, I expressed concern about the reviews I had read about Great Lakes Settlement. He acknowledged that there had been problems in the past, but they had turned a new leaf. He promised that he would pay me promptly upon closing and included my name on the Settlement Statement. The loan closed on 3/13, and today, a day later, I received an overnight envelope with my payment! Chris kept his promise and exceeded my expectations.

HWardale

Edited by - HWardale on 03/14/2018 08:43:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

gjk-fl

Florida
151 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2016 :  02:52:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit gjk-fl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got paid by GLS in a timely manner. I was surprised after reading all of these negative comments. I did a closing in December 2015 and was paid last week. I did contact them at 30 days and started inquiring.

gjk
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2015 :  10:34:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I find a certain sad repetition in this thread. It’s repeated over and over with different players, but the story remains the same. Notary does work but is: not paid, paid a fraction, has trouble collecting. The same notary, when ordering an item on the internet, automatically enters credit card; knowing that it is both routine and required. Why do you people “do first” and “pray for payment later”? You are much better off NOT taking jobs that refuse to pay in advance. It’s not just the money. The aggravation takes a toll as you try to collect. Is that your new business? Collection agent? Is the grief worth an additional fee? The solution is to SHOW that you are creditworthy so they (unless they plan to rob you) will be willing to “front” your fee. Join the Better Business Bureau and get an A+ rating. Tell “them” that it makes more sense that they trust you, than you trust them because of you have an A+ rating. Offer credit only to those with an A+ BBB rating. BBB too expensive? Create an “integrity” web site for yourself with full disclosure about yourself. Then ask them if they name themselves on their site and PROVE who they are.

I have sympathy for those cheated; but in the final analysis, they permitted it. Spiders sing an alluring song to flies. They speak of the warmth and comfort of their web. Talk is truly cheap. Make your business trust decisions based on provable facts, not emotional appeals. Put yourself in their position; whatever they pay you is less in their pocket.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com

Edited by - edelske on 12/26/2015 10:40:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

ftsolutions

9 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2015 :  5:59:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit ftsolutions's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did a closing for them in September and received a check in November. When i deposited the check it was returned to me because the account was closed. I have had no luck in calling them and speaking with anyone.

Go to Top of Page

dhelmic2

Mississippi
28 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2015 :  1:38:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit dhelmic2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, took me nearly 60 days to get paid on this. Beware!!!
Go to Top of Page

DOCSONTHEFLY

New Jersey
9 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2015 :  5:31:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bad News stay away! Got paid but it took 6 months.
Go to Top of Page

NotaryinDallas

7 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2015 :  05:41:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the same problem with Great Lakes Settlement. Christopher Reynolds is the most unprofessional person I have met on this earth. He would not answer my calls,return my phone calls, or emails. I had to contact the title company and the lender and then Christopher Reynolds finally sent me a check that bounced. I then received a non sufficient funds fee at my bank. I spent so much time trying to get paid for two different orders that I completed. I did these two assignments in the first week of January 2015 and I did not receive payment for three months, and that was from title not Great Lakes Settlement. Great Lakes would never pay me. A week before I received payment Great Lakes Settlement sent me two emails asking me to conduct another closing for them. I wrote back to them and said no thank you.

Edited by - NotaryinDallas on 04/12/2015 05:46:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

katepratt

Michigan
13 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2015 :  05:50:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit katepratt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ollie

Well, we said we would never use Great Lakes again, but, the pleading, crying, and whimpering caused us to let our guard down. Yep, you guessed it-we took not one but two assignments for them. Guess what, the same problem with trying to paid our earned fees. If you don't mind wasting your valuable time trying to recover your fees, time that could be spent fishing--oh, that's right, you can't go fishing because that costs money--money you earned but did not receive. Enough ranting, you get the picture--don't you?

Me too, ollie. They tried to assign me a new one last week and I replied to their "confirmation" that they should not assign me anything until they pay me for the one I did in January. I got an email back that said sorry and that someone would contact me. SURPRISE! Not a word since.

Kate

Go to Top of Page

ollie

Florida
30 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2015 :  06:23:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, we said we would never use Great Lakes again, but, the pleading, crying, and whimpering caused us to let our guard down. Yep, you guessed it-we took not one but two assignments for them. Guess what, the same problem with trying to paid our earned fees. If you don't mind wasting your valuable time trying to recover your fees, time that could be spent fishing--oh, that's right, you can't go fishing because that costs money--money you earned but did not receive. Enough ranting, you get the picture--don't you?
Go to Top of Page

blp

Pennsylvania
14 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2015 :  4:05:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did several signings for great lakes and never had trouble getting paid until the last one I did on 07/02/2014. The phone number I had was 216-313-9456 and every time I called it went to voicemail and it was full. I called the lender and they said that the one who had that number no longer works for great lakes and she gave me the name and number to call. She said to call Chris Reynolds at 440-783-2860 which I did that on 12/29/2014 and he was very pleasant and told me to fax or email him an invoice and he would take care of it. I received the check today 01/02/2015.

Brenda L Peace
Go to Top of Page

ollie

Florida
30 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2014 :  06:15:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We accepted an assignment from them on 08/01/2013. They never responded to our inquiries (e-mail or phone) concerning our past due fee.
We had to ask the title company to help us recover; they asked the lender, who called us to let us know that payment was on the way; and the fee did arrive.
Of course, we will not accept any future assignments from Great Lakes!
Go to Top of Page

indigoinvestigations

Michigan
10 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  12:01:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit indigoinvestigations's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pleasant to deal with. Docs on time. Paid in two weeks.
Go to Top of Page

indigoinvestigations

Michigan
10 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2014 :  4:17:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit indigoinvestigations's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just accepted one from Great Lakes Settlement. They answered my email questions and said they pay in 45 days.

hello
Go to Top of Page

indigoinvestigations

Michigan
10 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2014 :  4:16:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit indigoinvestigations's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ronie

Anyone worked for Great Lakes Settlement? I did a job in June and have not gotten paid even though I have sent several invoices. When I called, voice mail answers with Great Lakes Title but their voice mail box is full.

hello
Go to Top of Page

Ronie

Texas
11 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2014 :  08:06:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone worked for Great Lakes Settlement? I did a job in June and have not gotten paid even though I have sent several invoices. When I called, voice mail answers with Great Lakes Title but their voice mail box is full.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.