123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Technical & Marketing Issues
 SnapDocs: good for the notary or the SS?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

betty1957

Illinois
35 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2018 :  11:29:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How you are treated by SnapDocs all depends on the company. MY favorite companies will call/text me about accepting a fee. Twice I never spoke to a SOUL from the time I accepted the job from a text, to my text that I dropped the documents. Seems like almost ALL of my jobs now are through SnapDocs. They also pit local NSA's against each other. Whoever is the first responder with the fee they like gets the job. PLEASE remember that we don't really get paid what we are worth. I KNOW that many NSA's here have more experience than I do, BUT, I have witnessed over 1,500 signings, I thoroughly examine the documents and my instructions, I ALWAYS ask what color ink when I accept a job, and my last check is always my work after 2-3 checks at the signing table of the borrower's signatures, dates, initials.
OUR ETHICS are at stake every time we contract to witness! BE careful out there!! =)

betty j. dedman
Go to Top of Page

Doris_CO

Colorado
148 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2018 :  1:56:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BigJoe52, SnapDocs is a platform not a signing service. The company that posted the job on SnapDocs is the one responsible for the payment. You need to contact the company or companies for payment for your services, but also post your invoice on the SnapDoc platform for that particular signing. Also, consider an old fashion collection letter sent by fax, with a copy of your invoice, to each company that owes you.
Go to Top of Page

BigJoe52

Massachusetts
8 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2018 :  10:39:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SNAP DOCS OWS ME FOR 3 SIGNINGS AS FAR BACK AS MARCH 2018

Joseph W. White
Go to Top of Page

mihaelamillette

Alaska
6 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2017 :  5:16:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The signings on Snapdoc are with a very low fee $65-$75.I did a few where the company's meet my fee.And I did got paid after 30 days.Only one company was 60 days late and I had to hunt to get pay.
I don't understand why do notarys accept a signing for that low, the cost to a notary to complete that signing it will be around at least $45 and the signing usually takes up to 2 hours.

Mihaela Millette
Go to Top of Page

wac283

South Carolina
9 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2016 :  12:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems to be working like a charm. Lest than an hour and I've already received a reply (comment) posted to SnapDocs, about payment. I've waited a week with no email response from the same SS.

Cheryl M Sievers
Go to Top of Page

wac283

South Carolina
9 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2016 :  12:05:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since SnapDocs is the platform that so many SS companies want to use, then why not utilize their platform to help get paid? I've been uploading my invoices to the order (for the problem companies) so that it's seen by both the lender and title company. They're the ones that need to know which SS companies are not paying the notaries for services. Seems like if they're a deadbeat, or slow to pay, the lender/title company will stop contracting them.

Cheryl M Sievers
Go to Top of Page

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2016 :  4:52:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How can anyone consider responding to Snapdocs?!! We need to find out, how many pages, all the required services they want from us, and HOW MANY people signing, how far, etc etc.

Forget them..
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2016 :  08:08:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lee-AR

As I'm in a low population/volume/saturation area, just want y'all to know that if there are no takers at a low fee, they DO send out another spam with a higher fee...sometimes they do that repeatedly in small increases until they find a taker. Or accept my fee--whichever comes first.

If you don't value your time and experience, nobody else will.

Sounds like a tedious procedure. Personally, I'd prefer an enema during root canal.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2016 :  4:05:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I'm in a low population/volume/saturation area, just want y'all to know that if there are no takers at a low fee, they DO send out another spam with a higher fee...sometimes they do that repeatedly in small increases until they find a taker. Or accept my fee--whichever comes first.

Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2016 :  11:52:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://blog.123notary.com/?p=9841

Do you moo?

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

ddpoll

Utah
6 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2016 :  2:07:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are right on about the cattle call, Moooo! It seems to me we could put Snapdocs out of business if we didn't reply to there low ball prices instead of us scrambling to be the first to respond. Why not wait till they raise the fee. Snapdocs is truly ruining the notary industry.
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2016 :  3:11:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You get paid by whatever process each company has for paying the notary. SnapDocs really has nothing to do with that. Any company can use the SD 'platform', but you are working with the COMPANY. There are both very good and very bad companies (& everything in between)that utilize the SD platform so you will still have to check 'em out and see where each co. stands.

The problem I see with this platform is that you need to respond quickly or it seems to be gone. THEN--if you get the job and find out the hiring company is a deadbeat, many notaries feel that they still must follow thru...and the deadbeats count on that. Never be afraid to turn it back to them PROMPTLY.

As a notary, I really don't like this way of doing business as you never get enough info about the scope of the job and are still expected to make a 'snap' decision. But you can see how this works out well for a company using the platform. Don't let yourself be abused.

Go to Top of Page

California
9 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2016 :  11:23:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit 36768's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How does Snap Docs pay you? Do you need to send an invoice or they pay off of the order on the snap docs platform?
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2016 :  03:26:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Question: Will SnapDocs step in for us, if the member company does not pay us on time, or at all?
Answer: No

This platform is not good for the notary and very good for the company as they can simply wait and pick the cheapest notary without doing anything more than 'clicking' on many notaries e-mail address. Same e-mail to dozens of people. If they get no takers @ $90 and you've replied that you'll do it @ $125, wait a bit and they'll send out another at $95 or $100. Yes, I know many start at $60 or less!!!...I don't even reply to those lowballers.

Go to Top of Page

mgb1966

Wisconsin
47 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2016 :  04:57:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mkl11211

Snapdocs is destroying the industry, they are signing up companies on a rapid speed, makes it hard to get jobs, the newest are jumping on and accepting their low fees

I would like to know if you can trust the individual company that is connected to the SnapDocs platform. I have a good well paying company which I used before it was with SnapDocs, but the last company I used, has a horrible record on this forum and Signing Central. I think I was had because I relied on SnapDocs instead of investigating the member company. Will SnapDocs step in for us, if the member company does not pay us on time, or at all?
Go to Top of Page

mkl11211

New York
3 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2016 :  08:09:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Snapdocs is destroying the industry, they are signing up companies on a rapid speed, makes it hard to get jobs, the newest are jumping on and accepting their low fees
Go to Top of Page

garyw148

California
14 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2015 :  06:22:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The offers from Snap Docs are almost always low and I always counter and 10% of the time I get the assignment. I am busy enough so I do not really care if they come through. As for the question on Deluxe E. Checks, I get them often and the bank has no problem with them.

Gary Williamson
Go to Top of Page

Wisconsin
8 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2015 :  06:14:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have responded to these and have received a couple even though we have sent in a counter offer. The deluxe check printing is fine. The turn around has been good so far. This is probably a cost effective measure for the signing services; however, the initial fees offered are usually low. First to bite on the low-ball offer gets it!
Go to Top of Page

Michigan
2 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2015 :  10:02:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a signing for them and just received an e-mail that I had a check waiting through Deluxe E. Checks. I went through the screens and it printed out a check. Was kind of weird. Took it to my bank and they had never seen anything like this. Anyone else received checks through Deluxe E. Checks?
Go to Top of Page

nkleeger

California
34 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2014 :  1:53:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit nkleeger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just signed on. I will post my results as they happen.

Neil L. Kleeger
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2014 :  10:48:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IMHO, these cattle calls are simply abusive. Many are 'pinged' and some respond, but only ONE will get the business, while many have incurred time wasted, possibly even expenses...for what?

Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2014 :  11:25:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Many notaries are claiming that SnapDocs are easier for the signing service. But, how are the for notaries?

Snapdocs is an online management system for signing companies. They can send out broadcast emails for signings. Such a program could be a nuisance for notaries. If you call back, you probably will not be the first caller, and the price for the signing will probably not be so high either!

Any thoughts?

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.