123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 American Freedom Assurance, Inc
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sunset

Virginia
7 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2014 :  11:47:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe my earlier post was in error. It appears that this was a simple case of a due process that fell through the cracks. It happens to all of us. My apologies. I try very hard not to write negative posts for this very reason. Things typically and more often than not resolve themselves.
Go to Top of Page

mbs653

Maryland
45 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2014 :  2:46:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have worked for this company for years and never had a problem with payment. Yes on rare occasion an invoice is misplaced accounting has always made good. I'm paid upon funding. I've completed one application for them with no issues.

IleneMd
Go to Top of Page

Sunset

Virginia
7 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2014 :  1:31:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My review of this signing company indicates that it has been some time since anyone has posted anything good or bad regarding it.

I have negative information to share with you. For those seasoned notaries, the posts that I did find are of the same caliber to this one.

I received a last minute request to do a pre-loan application signing from American Freedom Assurance, Inc. I agreed to the terms and proceeded to conduct the transaction per the instruction given to me. When I completed the transaction, I re-read the instructions to be sure that I did not fail in remitting my invoice and W-9. The instructions are clear. They said that the check would be sent within 3-5 business days of the loan app signing. Well that was 11/21/13 and I have not received payment. I sent the past due notices and heard no reply. Finally, I fore warned them that I would be filing a complaint with the BBB. With that I received a cc'd email from Frank Smiley asking that accounting look into it. I immediately received an email from their accounts payable apologizing for their oversight. Then they asked my, you guessed it, if I could forward my Invoice and W-9 as they did not have it. So much for instructions. I sent the invoice and w-9 immediately. I gave them until 1/17 to have the check in my hand otherwise I would file my complaint. I received no payment. I filed the complaint and included the lender in it and sent them a copy of the BBB post. The lender replied saying that they had been told that the payment issue had be completed. I have never received payment.

Today, I received a call from Frank Smiley asking if I could do a loan signing late Monday evening. He says, "You may not remember me, but I'm from American Freedom Assurance, Inc." I replied, "I do indeed remember you, your the company that doesn't pay it's bills. I sorry but yes I am available this coming Monday evening, but not for American Freedom Assurance, Inc." He replies, "Oh really, why's that?" My response was simple, "I don't do business with companies that don't pay, I'm not fool."

This Frank Smiley has been cc'd on all my correspondence and the guy has the audacity to think that he can come across as not knowing that there is an issue.

I give all those who contact me to do work for them the benefit of the doubt. But I am here to tell you that DO NOT ACCEPT ANY JOBS FROM AMERICAN FREEDOM ASSURANCE, INC.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.