123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 The Scheduling Desk AZ, My notary connection LLC
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rcnotary

California
3 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2014 :  10:40:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, to share my story I did a few signings for Bryan Willis when he got his business going early in 2010 after breaking away from JM Closings. I believed him when he told me he lost money like myself and everyone else that did business with Jonathan Means and was nothing like him and I was happy for his fresh start. Anyway, Bryan paid on time for each signing except my last one. After hearing excuses and not getting paid for 4 months, my patience ran out. I complained that he was treating me like JM Closings did. He got upset and promptly paid me and dropped me from his notary list. That was Sept 2010. I thought I was the exception and I let it go after that not realizing this was a pattern he would soon repeat with other notaries and was the beginning of the end of his business. Just sad!

Edited by - rcnotary on 03/27/2014 10:42:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2013 :  09:34:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LindaH

And the name, address and phone number of the Trustee and maybe instructions on filing a Proof of Claim.

I agree - without official notice from bk court this is a ruse to duck the people they owe money to...I'd be filing in small claims immediately and getting a judgment. At least you secure your claim with a judgment.

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com

The collection "system" is broken and does not work (at least for me in one instance). Got a judgement and filed a lien against the property. Next they will sell property by signing the "It aint me aff - just someone with same name". Of course that's perjury, but "it works for them" and all my prior efforts are worthless.

Reality: it's near impossible to collect from duds, your best defense is to extend VERY limited credit. PayPal in advance will limit your marketability and eliminate dud receivables. A practical path is only doing ONE job for a new client "on credit"; when they call with a second explain your policy.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2013 :  3:46:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And the name, address and phone number of the Trustee and maybe instructions on filing a Proof of Claim.

I agree - without official notice from bk court this is a ruse to duck the people they owe money to...I'd be filing in small claims immediately and getting a judgment. At least you secure your claim with a judgment.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

jmax777

Arizona
2 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2013 :  2:38:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by becmiller

I have also been notified of the bankruptcy. They owe me from January, 2013 and I have been talking to them on the phone every week since February and they kept promising payment. I really wish I had driven over there and waited for a check now. The title company just sent me proof that they paid.
Rebecca

Did you actually receive any physical notice of bankruptcy other than his email auto-response? If you did then there should be a file number and his attorney's name and contact info. If you did not then his email auto-response does not constitute notice as there is none of the information listed above in it. It's a ruse to keep his creditors from taking action in small claims court against him.

John B.

Edited by - jmax777 on 08/11/2013 2:46:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

jmax777

Arizona
2 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2013 :  1:26:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is no record in the court system of My Notary Connection, LLC or of Bryan Willis personally in bankruptcy. I checked the PACER system and ran a search. There are other Bryan Willis' listed but none that were filed or discharged this year. His auto-response is a ruse to cause his creditors, us, not to file in small claims court. As his creditors, he is supposed to notify us about his bankruptcy and any of our questions are supposed to be forwarded to his bankruptcy attorney. Notice that he did not provide a BK case number in his email blurb. Also there is no The Scheduling Desk listed on the AZ Corporation Commission's website but only My Notary Connection, LLC. Interestingly, he filed Articles of Termination for My Notary Connection, LLC on 7/25/13. My Notary Connection is not in good standing with the AZ Commission Corporation

John B

Edited by - jmax777 on 08/11/2013 2:48:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

jusnay

Arizona
1 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2013 :  09:34:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wish I had stopped working for him at "3". : (
quote:
Originally posted by edelske

What others have done in situations like this......

I do not allow ANY entity to owe me for more than 3 jobs. If they are desperate for me to do a 4th, it's PayPal of the payment due oldest one.

Kenneth A Edelstein

deana lowrance
Go to Top of Page

jusnay

Arizona
1 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2013 :  09:32:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too am seeking recourse with Bryan Willis-The Scheduling Desk AZ. He owes me a substantial amount of money and continues to state that "I will get you paid". I have no doubt at this point that he has no intention whatsoever. I cannot find that he has filed Bankruptcy in Arizona anywhere. Does anyone have documentation that he has in fact filed??? I intend to pursue this till payment and look to any others doing the same so we can collaborate. Thank you Dee

deana lowrance
Go to Top of Page

becmiller

Utah
16 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2013 :  11:13:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit becmiller's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have found several listings for My Notary Connection LLC in the AZ Corp. Comm. and one of the listings is pending. So it looks like Bryan is closing one company and opening another so he doesn't have to pay us.

I guess I will drive down there and look for him even though I am in Utah.
Rebecca

Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2013 :  3:10:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What others have done in situations like this......

I do not allow ANY entity to owe me for more than 3 jobs. If they are desperate for me to do a 4th, it's PayPal of the payment due oldest one.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2013 :  07:01:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Inabj2

Linda,

I am sorry but I am not someone that just rolls over and plays dead when someone screws me over like that.

This is why things like this happens we just let them do it.

That's your call and your money. I'm just trying to point out that if the company has filed bankruptcy it's not a case of "rolling over and playing dead" - there's procedure to follow (filing a proof of claim), and once they file BK they can't pay any of their creditors until the BK is discharged. It's up to the Trustee and the Court to decide who gets paid, if anyone, and how much - plus, as an unsecured creditor, notaries are at the end of the line for payment, if any.

But I'm sure a good attorney will tell you that too. I provided the link in a prior post to check to see if they did, in fact, file BK.

JMO and Good Luck.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Inabj2

Arizona
5 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2013 :  8:05:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda,

I am sorry but I am not someone that just rolls over and plays dead when someone screws me over like that.

This is why things like this happens we just let them do it.
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2013 :  7:54:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If this company (or these companies) have filed bankruptcy there's not a lot you can do. You need to file a proof of claim with the Bankruptcy court and hope you get paid. As an unsecured creditor I wouldn't count on getting money. In light of the bankruptcy I also wouldn't waste money on an attorney to pursue them

JMO

Linda
Go to Top of Page

becmiller

Utah
16 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2013 :  5:49:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit becmiller's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been doing some digging on my own and found out some interesting things about Bryan's businesses. None of the addresses I have or could find are good addresses. They are all short a suite number. I would be willing to split what I am owed with a Notary in AZ if you want to try to collect this money.

I tried to email this post below mine but the email (inabj3@hotmail.com) would not work. Let me know if you find information that may be helpful.
Thanks,
Rebecca in Utah

Go to Top of Page

becmiller

Utah
16 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2013 :  4:48:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit becmiller's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have also been notified of the bankruptcy. They owe me from January, 2013 and I have been talking to them on the phone every week since February and they kept promising payment. I really wish I had driven over there and waited for a check now. The title company just sent me proof that they paid.
Rebecca

Go to Top of Page

Inabj2

Arizona
5 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2013 :  4:23:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok I did some digging around,

Apparently My Notary Connection LLC and JM Closing Services are related. Both with horrible, horrible payment records, at least according to the main notary websites. If any notaries out there have been burned by this company please let me know. I have spoken to title and they have verbally confirmed that they have sent payments to them.

I am currently digging more information and I will not stop until I get my money. At this point I am also interested in hiring an attorney to get my money, and perhaps file a criminal complaint if I still don't get payment.

Please if you are an Arizona notary that has worked with this company please post your email, or you can email me at inabj3@hotmail.com.

Edited by - Inabj2 on 06/04/2013 4:26:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2013 :  1:27:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.azb.uscourts.gov/

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Inabj2

Arizona
5 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2013 :  10:47:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No of course I did not receive any notice of filing for bankruptcy. Which is why this is all so shocking.

Good news it was a local company that filed his entity locally, and he did not use a 3rd party as a statutory agent. I better call the title company. How would I go about finding if they did file for bankruptcy or not?
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2013 :  06:12:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Question:

Did you receive a Notice of Filing of Bankruptcy regarding this company? With that would have come a Proof of Claim form for you to submit with your outstanding invoices. If you have not been notified of a bankruptcy filing, your outstanding invoices were not included in the list of creditors - IF, in fact, they truly DID file bankruptcy.

Since you're an unsecured creditor, I would not put much stock in the statement "All contractors will be paid in full at the end of our bankruptcy hearing." - bankruptcy doesn't work that way. You will end up being paid pennies on the dollar....IF you've filed your proof of claim. And during the bankruptcy process they are prohibited from paying ANYONE until all is said and done and it's closed out by the BK court - if they paid ONE person, it would make that one person a preferred creditor - which is a no no.

Find out which bankruptcy district they would be located in - federal bankruptcy courts go by district based on the location of the principal assets of the filer. Then, I'd call that bankruptcy court and ask them to confirm the filing. If this company did truly file, you can get all the information from the court, including a Proof of Claim.

Sorry, you may like them becaue they're local, but that was a sleazy trick to pull. Good luck with this, but I would not plan on seeing any money at all.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Inabj2

Arizona
5 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2013 :  01:13:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who has done business with this company?

I have amazed over 2225.00 worth of signings from them, in April and May and very late March, and I am concerned that I wont get paid now. I started doing business with them in late late march and April and the Volume didn't pick up until May from them. Since were both located in the same city I was more tolerant of payment than I normally would of been.

In beginning of May the owner of the company suggested that I get a chase quick pay account to make his payroll smoother and assure me that from now on I would be getting paid twice a week.

Around May 15th I noticed that I had not gotten paid yet through this account and I expressed my concern, he told me that Title company had changed their accounting practices and that he had to wait up to 45 days to receive payment, and that Chase was putting the checks he was receiving on hold for 10 days. My last conversation through email took place on may 23rd. Around this time I stopped taking any assignments from him until I received payment for at least the late march and early April signings. I went through the end of the month craziness, and thus did not have much more time to follow up on this issue.

Today I called his scheduler to see what was going on, and the phone is disconnected. I then went to the website and I found this notice that the company had abruptly closed. And this was the notice posted.

quote:
Temporarily Closed for transfer to New Owners

My Notary Connection LLC and The Scheduling Desk of Arizona is officially closed. Recent changes in our clients accounting procedures have forced us to close our doors. Contractor payments will be sent out over the next 90 days. All contractors will be paid in full at the end of our bankruptcy hearing. Please visit this page regularly for updates and information. Invoice Updates: We have over 389 invoices that are outstanding from our clients. Our legal team has now started to work with them on our behalf to collect on all funds that are due to My Notary Connection LLC and its 1099 Contractors. We are expecting to have all funds collected within the next 30 days. Our attorneys and accountants will be issuing those payments as they come in. You may send your final invoice to : invoices@tsdaz.com To all our contractors and clients: We appreciate all the business and services that you have provided for the past 5 years. We are very sorry for this abrupt closure and wish all of you the very best ! -Sincerely, My Notary Connection LLC / The Scheduling Desk AZ My Notary Connection will be under new ownership by July 1, 2013. All outstanding pay will be issued by My Notary Connection by July 1, 2013.

My concerned are as follows, there is no contact information to a law firm, there is no case number, there is no hearing date, there is just a promise that we will get paid by July 1st but given his track record obviously all trust is lost at this point.

At this point I have made a final billing which includes, the borrower's name, dates, fee, the title officers name and escrow number, and I plan to email it as per instructions while forwarding it to the title companies involved, I even separated the amounts owed by title company in case I have to collect from them.

Since were both local, what other courses of action can I take? Should I seek advice from an attorney? Tomorrow I plan to call the title officer seeking information regarding this, and Ill keep this thread updated as time goes on. But I am curious to hear what others in the past have done in situations like this? My biggest frustation and what caused me to lose massive amounts of trust was that there was no warning, he just closed his business, he did not keep me updated on this at all as he promised. I sent an email and I got the same response as quoted...

Any advice will be appreciated.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.