123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Land and Law Group
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2014 :  08:19:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Why O Why are so many of you "playing banker" and extending credit to total strangers? Go to the gas station and ask the owner to fill the tank and send you an invoice. Suggestion: stuff a pillow in the back of your pants in anticipation of the kick you know where that follows! Nearly everything you order by phone or on the internet is paid in advance by you. Why do you operate in reverse? PayPal rocks!

Just make it VERY clear that the assignment goes on your calendar AFTER the payment is received. If they want to "lock you in" they must "pay up front". Collection efforts are totally eliminated.

NB: I have done several for Land and Law, they prepay and there are no problems.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com

Edited by - edelske on 03/27/2015 6:53:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

jacmat15

California
6 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  10:53:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I finally contacted a collections agency phone # 239-304-7783 and finally got paid. Do yourself a favor don't work for this company.

Jacqueline
Go to Top of Page

squizzard41

North Carolina
1 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  10:44:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I also did 2 jobs for Land and Law in August and early September. Reminder to self: check this site before doing any work! I submitted my invoices and have not received payment. After reading the posts on here I became very pro-active. I sent an email to Jack.Munsey@land-lawgroup.com as well as to sales@land-lawgroup.com. I'm just now into the "hounding" phase and feel sorry for those of you who have been at this for months or even a year in some cases.

Edited by - squizzard41 on 10/17/2014 05:45:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

Illinois
2 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2014 :  3:04:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all!

I regret that I was neglectful here. Since my last post, I used the posted contact information to contact Jack Munsey. He got back to me within the week, and personally explained that all of the business that went wonky was because he had a hired team in India that screwed it all up. (Completely jives with everyone I had talked to when I got the shaft for two different jobs.) He asked me to simply send the invoices for what I owed and promised that restitution would be send within 36 hours. Check arrived promptly, true to his word.

Thanks for working in community on this, folks. Thanks for fostering the forum, Jeremy.

Justin
Go to Top of Page

Candibee304

Indiana
1 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2014 :  09:30:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a closing in December and finally was paid 4 months later by contsct the controller on his cell phone. Finally, he returned my emails and calls after sending him the collection letter Jeremy has prepared for us to use in such cases. •°#9734;THANKS JEREMY#9734;°•
Go to Top of Page

Illinois
2 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2014 :  12:58:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to add my voice. I was shafted by them for two jobs, in January and February. I took the 2nd because I believed them when they convinced me that not paying me for the first was a mistake (the whole 'crashed hard drive' thing). Silly me. I chased them fro January through May until I gave up.

Thanks to you guys, I have left a voicemail with Mr. Munsey and will let you know if they make good on their promise to do right by us.

Justin
Go to Top of Page

jacmat15

California
6 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2014 :  12:21:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sending all my documentation to the CAP South Carolina Bar as Mrs. Munsey is an attorney. It's really to bad that notaries have to go to such length to get paid. Good lesson, I will lookup all new companies in the future. I so appreciate 123notary and their forum.

Jacqueline
Go to Top of Page

Carla

Tennessee
53 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2014 :  1:52:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keep after them. They took one year to pay me but don't let them slide. They will pay you after you keep hounding them.
Go to Top of Page

jacmat15

California
6 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2014 :  10:23:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To all my fellow notaries. Do not use this company if you want to be paid. I have been told several times by Mr. Munsey the owner that the check was in the mail, and the last time we spoke he said he would have it sent FedEx overnight to me. This was back on the 12th of July. On the 17th I sent a certified letter to Mrs. Munsey who received their portion of the closing from the title company, and I have not heard back or been paid as of today, 8/4/2014.

Jacqueline
Go to Top of Page

patlynnw

New York
21 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2014 :  10:53:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yet another deadbeat company!! Did a closing for them in October 2013 and haven't received payment!

Patricia Warmack
Go to Top of Page

Gerry

Missouri
10 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2014 :  8:21:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Send letter including documentation directly to:
Stephanie Blanton Munsey, Registered Agent
1841 Fairview Farms Road
Campbello, SC 29322-8906

This will get the attention and your money

G L Grummons
Go to Top of Page

jacmat15

California
6 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2014 :  08:42:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also have not been paid by the Land and Law Group. This is one time I didn't lookup the company before working with them and now I have not been paid from the March 21st closing. They do not answer their phone or return email messages. Thanks for the information listed on the owners.

Jacqueline
Go to Top of Page

bwe

5 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2014 :  11:02:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just spoke directly with Jack Munsey, the husband of the attorney/owner Stephanie Blanton Munsey and he assured my payment would go out by Wednesday April 16th. When I receive it I will let everyone know but at least he called me back after I left a message on his personal phone/voicemail. Here is his personal #- 803-318-7277 or 864-280-9900 PERSISTANCE pays....Don't give up on your money!!
quote:
Originally posted by dpamb13

quote:
Originally posted by jpparker19

I have also not been paid for a closing on the 23rd of December. When I finally did get a hold of someone the first week of March, I was given the "check was returned because of wrong address" story. Still no check. I too was contacted for another job, but informed them that I still had not been paid for the first. I just left a voice mail for Mr. Munsey. I believe the next step is the AG.

I had to just write it off. I gave up and got tired of waiting.

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2014 :  08:26:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This outfit is run by an attorney - report them to the respective Bar Association - file a formal complaint against him -

I would not write this off - this is what they're counting on - you earned, it - collect it! Even if it means small claims - get your money!

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

bwe

5 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2014 :  05:45:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is NO reason this company should get away with not paying thousands of thousands of dollars to hard working notaries that rendered services. I have just reported them to the SC Better Business Bureau. If everyone on this site will report them, it will make an impact. Here is the link to start a complaint: https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

•BBB of Upstate South Carolina
•408 North Church Street, Suite C
•Greenville, SC 29601-2164
•Phone: (864)242-5052
•Fax: (864)271-9802
•Email Address: info@upstatesc.bbb.org

I also called the South Carolina Bar Association and was told to write a letter of complaint to the Commission of Improper Conduct.[/b]

South Carolina Bar
950 Taylor Street
Columbia, South Carolina 29201

803.799.6653 Phone
803.799.4118 Fax
scbar-info@scbar.org

I will not give up until these crooks are out of business. If everyone gives up and stops fighting for their money, then they simply keep doing what they are doing, knowing that the majority of notaries will DO NOTHING and they get to KEEP YOUR MONEY. It doesn't matter if it is $50 or $500, it is stealing.
Go to Top of Page

dpamb13

Washington
9 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2014 :  01:50:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jpparker19

I have also not been paid for a closing on the 23rd of December. When I finally did get a hold of someone the first week of March, I was given the "check was returned because of wrong address" story. Still no check. I too was contacted for another job, but informed them that I still had not been paid for the first. I just left a voice mail for Mr. Munsey. I believe the next step is the AG.

I had to just write it off. I gave up and got tired of waiting.
Go to Top of Page

jpparker19

North Carolina
3 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2014 :  2:33:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

bwe

5 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2014 :  06:21:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I, too, am having a difficult time getting paid from Land and Law Group. I did two jobs for them in January 2014. I have sent them an invoice 4 times, emailed numerous times and left numerous voice messages with no response. They don't even have the decency to reply or respond. After looking back through the request emails sent to me for the jobs, I found emails of people in the company who were cc'd on my work order. I emailed all those people with my request for payment. I did get a response from one person named Abhi K. He promised to look into it but after emailing him again about his findings, I have not heard back from him. After reading Pamela Roberson's posts, I have sent an email to Jack Munsey, the owner, requesting immediate payment and if not, I will have no other recourse except to contact the SC Bar Association. We will see if this does the trick. I will not take any more work from this company without PRE-PAYMENT via PAYPAL and would advise others to do the same. It is not worth the time and effort for the minimal fee. We, as notaries, need to send an important message to this company that this type of business practice of not paying your notaries is not acceptable. If we come together and all demand prepayment, soon they will see how limited they are in finding notaries that will work for them and they will not have an option of hiring a notary without pre-payment.
Go to Top of Page

Diversity646

New York
2 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2014 :  4:39:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did two signings for them back in August of 2013. Previously, I had done one in May and when they hired me for the two signings, I told them that they still owed me for the May signing. That should have been a red flag, but being the nice guy I am, I agreed to do the signing when the gentleman I spoke to promised me that I'd have the other check pronto.

I did receive that check a few days later and accepted the two assignments they had offered me even though they low balled me on the requested rate, which in its own right should have been another red flag. I completed both assignments as requested and heard no complaints or issues from the company.

I ended up waiting, however, until last week to get my checks. As another poster on here indicated, the checks were hand writtena and I had to issue multiple requests before I received them. Interestingly enough, I had contacted the NY State AG (the fellow I spoke with indicated that they had had troubles with Land and Law in the past), the Secretary of State, the Secretary of State in SC, Small Claims Court and Nationstar, all to no avail. It wasn't until I called the title company that I received my check within two days. I filled out their paperwork and will happily work for them again. Next time, though, I will be asking for PayPal payment up front.

Bernie Ment
New York

Edited by - Diversity646 on 03/24/2014 4:40:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

Carla

Tennessee
53 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2014 :  6:32:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
EIGHT MONTHS and I finally got paid with this company. The check was hand written which looked like he couldn't wait to just write it out and sign and mail the darn thing!!! No letter just a check! In my last correspondence to Mr Munsey this last week I told him he had to respond by Friday or I'd take legal action...viola...the check. IF Anyone Does Business With Them Again..Get your check UPFRONT ridiculous to wait for 8 months...they just think we will go away without being paid.
Go to Top of Page

Georgia Notary

1 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2014 :  3:25:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
STEPHANIE BLANTON MUNSEY is the attorney owner for Land & Law....

http://www.sos.sc.gov/index.asp?n=18&p=4&s=18&corporateid=646125

quote:
Originally posted by 28055

quote:
Originally posted by Carla

I have been waiting since March for my fee on the closing with this company. Am contemplating going to the board for help if I don't hear back this week. Just ridiculous for a law firm. Get payment up front!

Hi Carla did you contact the owner? Here is the info if you didn't see it in my previous post: I got my check in three days after contacting him.

Hey everyone, I got a return call from Mr. Munsey and he said he fired all his accounting staff and the hard drive was corrupt, so he is relying on everyone to contact him via cell and let him know they have not been paid. He ask for another invoice, which I told him I mailed yesterday with my w9. Here is the written response I received:

I just received your invoice and it will be paid within the next 3 business days. I apologize for the delay.

Jack Munsey
Jackson L. Munsey
Director of Business Development
Land-LawGroup.com

Main - 864-280-9900 | Cell - 803-318-7277 |Fax - 855-897-0004

http://www.land-lawgroup.com

Pamela L. Roberson

Pamela L. Roberson

Go to Top of Page

Tennessee
13 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2014 :  12:17:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carla

I have been waiting since March for my fee on the closing with this company. Am contemplating going to the board for help if I don't hear back this week. Just ridiculous for a law firm. Get payment up front!

Hi Carla did you contact the owner? Here is the info if you didn't see it in my previous post: I got my check in three days after contacting him.

Hey everyone, I got a return call from Mr. Munsey and he said he fired all his accounting staff and the hard drive was corrupt, so he is relying on everyone to contact him via cell and let him know they have not been paid. He ask for another invoice, which I told him I mailed yesterday with my w9. Here is the written response I received:

I just received your invoice and it will be paid within the next 3 business days. I apologize for the delay.

Jack Munsey
Jackson L. Munsey
Land-LawGroup.com

Pamela L. Roberson

Pamela L. Roberson
Go to Top of Page

Carla

Tennessee
53 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2014 :  11:42:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

patlynnw

New York
21 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2014 :  11:40:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pamela - thank you for posting this information. I did an assignment for them in October and haven't received payment yet.

Patricia Warmack
Go to Top of Page

Tennessee
13 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2013 :  2:41:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Jack Munsey
Jackson L. Munsey
Land-LawGroup.com

Pamela L. Roberson
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2013 :  4:50:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone worked for Land & Law Group before?

Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.