123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 American Title Inc
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

amcbride

Maine
31 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2013 :  6:34:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit amcbride's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This company is by far the worst ever! They are unprofessional and lie lie lie!!!!!!!!! First my fee is based on no fax backs, then as I'm on my way to the assignment they contact me to say they need he fackbacks within 3 hours of completion. Whaaaaaaat? There were no faxbacks and I can't interrupt the rest of my assignments to fax back.

It's only 4-6 pages okay we can wait until you get home. I won't be home until 11pm. ok.

At 11pm He was contacting me. When can I get the fackbacks? In the am. At 6am there he is but not 4-6 pages, 120 pages. Now I'm not happy. Oh yeah and they will not send me the FedEx label until I fax
them all back. I say I want more money he says no I fax back the docs, (he did threaten to never hire me again, like I would ever say yes again). I send the docs he sends the label. I wait. Finally he says you can drop docs.

Today I get a message you need to go back to get the death certificate you forgot that was in the instructions. No it wasn't in the instructions. I did for the borrower but this company is the worst I have ever dealt with. Big 10 thumbs down.

Anne McBride
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2013 :  1:00:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just heard from American Title out of Omaha Nebraska again and to be quite honest had forgotten about my previous encounters recorded here with them. This is a title company seeking to pay us as little as possible while demanding the most with fax back requests to "check our work" prior to drop off. Fax backs eat into our schedule out on the field costing potential new signings and customers.

Here's how another contact went as a good example of their lack of integrity. They called offering me $100 for a fax back job and I explained why I charge an additional $10 for fax backs. She told me okay and would send over the confirmation.

When I got home nada confirmation. They apparently fished around to see if they could get a better fee from another notary. When I tried contacting the woman who had called they all denied ever contacting me.

I found this very rude to take up my time this way and suggest people be extremely wary of this title company's lack of integrity in how they deal with people out here. They're sloppy and irresponsible based on the limited amount of contact I've had with them. Usually when they behave this way towards us it means they'll likely be slow payers as well. Backstabbing in nature, dehumanizing in how they treat notaries like pieces of meat, not people you can trust.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Edited by - notaryslife on 05/30/2013 1:08:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2013 :  11:18:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another unusual facet of his response was ignoring the email I sent him with information I charge $25 for fax backs and what my total fee would be of $125. He ignored it and still responded with his $100 offer. Very strange.

quote:
Originally posted by notaryslife

I just got an interesting email when I wrote these folks I never accepted their assignment they sent a link today to download documents for. This was his response when I wrote I never agreed to it nor received any confirmation about any such signing:

"Sorry for the inconvenience, we will find a different notary. I just didn’t want you to print the documents because we didn’t come to a final conclusion. If you want to do the signing, it would pay $100.00 and fax backs would be required. Just let me know if you want to do it, and if not don’t worry about it. Have a great weekend!"

John C. Dunn

I can't comprehend what disregard for the borrower's confidentiality they have to be sending links to download documents to those they have no agreement with in order to influence performance of loan signing services.

Pretty strange if you ask me.

quote:

They just sent me a link to docs. The only problem is they never sent me a confirmation and I never accepted the assignment offered two weeks ago. They're one of the growing entities requesting fax backs to review the SA's work prior to shipping. I charge an additional $25 fee they usually can't afford. It's time consuming to do fax backs and it takes away from my schedule to address more signings. I don't need them checking and approving my work.

quote:
Originally posted by P2R

I got a call from them yesterday to do a closing and they offered $70 with fax backs. The fee finally agreed on was $110.00. So hopefully they will pay. Sometimes it's a good idea not to take the first offer!

Paralegal to the Rescue

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

esnotary

California
125 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2013 :  09:13:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit esnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Unbelievable! Especially when it seems that more and more companies are creating "secure" ways to retrieve docs to keep the borrowers information as secure as possible. Awful business practice.

Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  4:29:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got an interesting email when I wrote these folks I never accepted their assignment they sent a link today to download documents for. This was his response when I wrote I never agreed to it nor received any confirmation about any such signing:

"Sorry for the inconvenience, we will find a different notary. I just didn’t want you to print the documents because we didn’t come to a final conclusion. If you want to do the signing, it would pay $100.00 and fax backs would be required. Just let me know if you want to do it, and if not don’t worry about it. Have a great weekend!"

John C. Dunn

I can't comprehend what disregard for the borrower's confidentiality they have to be sending links to download documents to those they have no agreement with in order to influence performance of loan signing services.

Pretty strange if you ask me.

quote:

They just sent me a link to docs. The only problem is they never sent me a confirmation and I never accepted the assignment offered two weeks ago. They're one of the growing entities requesting fax backs to review the SA's work prior to shipping. I charge an additional $25 fee they usually can't afford. It's time consuming to do fax backs and it takes away from my schedule to address more signings. I don't need them checking and approving my work.

quote:
Originally posted by P2R

I got a call from them yesterday to do a closing and they offered $70 with fax backs. The fee finally agreed on was $110.00. So hopefully they will pay. Sometimes it's a good idea not to take the first offer!

Paralegal to the Rescue

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  11:05:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

quote:
Originally posted by P2R

Paralegal to the Rescue

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

P2R

North Carolina
28 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  08:02:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit P2R's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Paralegal to the Rescue
Go to Top of Page

Steele

California
21 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2013 :  10:29:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steele's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Got email request to do signings $70 for loan sign, print, and fax backs. $70...no response from me!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.