123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Precise Signings LLC
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a

13 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2013 :  7:56:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any advice on how to get paid from Shannon Smoot at Precise Signings? Four months overdue.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

13 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2013 :  12:36:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a closing for Shannon Smoot on June 9, 2013 and have not yet been paid. I've sent four e-mails, called and left messages, and called the loan officer. She needs to be put out of business. Run from her!!!!
Go to Top of Page

codell65

California
7 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2013 :  12:26:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit codell65's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the heads up

[b]Sorry you had that experience.[/b] We work hard in a very detailed way and do not deserve to be disrespected.

Cathy L O'Dell
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2013 :  12:01:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tasha1511

I too got stiffed by Shannon Smoot. I completed a last minute signing for her on Sept 5. After completing the signing that evening I decided to check the forum only to realize she was a dead beat. I contacted her and told i would not mail out docs until she could confirm payment. She wrote out a check and envelope took a pic of it and confirmed she mailed my check. I foolishly believed she mailed it. Two weeks later she is still lying stating she mailed it.

I have contacted mortgage first and advise them of her not paying the notaries she contractthese jobs to.

I will be taking her to court as well!

DO NOT ACCEPT ORDERS FROM PRECISE SIGNINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SHANNON SMOOT IS AN DEAD BEAT PAYOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a PayPal account. You will KNOW in 1 minute that you have either been paid or are hearing a fairy tale.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

Accurize

3 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2013 :  06:13:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon Owes me from a signing I did in June, I have contacted her as well as the title company who contracted her. She evidently tells them that she will take care of it, and then calls me to promise it will be in the mail, and it never shows. Huge con artist!
Go to Top of Page

Tasha1511

Florida
4 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2013 :  6:50:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too got stiffed by Shannon Smoot. I completed a last minute signing for her on Sept 5. After completing the signing that evening I decided to check the forum only to realize she was a dead beat. I contacted her and told i would not mail out docs until she could confirm payment. She wrote out a check and envelope took a pic of it and confirmed she mailed my check. I foolishly believed she mailed it. Two weeks later she is still lying stating she mailed it.

I have contacted mortgage first and advise them of her not paying the notaries she contractthese jobs to.

I will be taking her to court as well!

DO NOT ACCEPT ORDERS FROM PRECISE SIGNINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SHANNON SMOOT IS AN DEAD BEAT PAYOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

hrpro7190

Pennsylvania
1 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2013 :  8:58:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am another person that has been stiffed by Precise Signings. I too received a call from Shannon that she need this sighing done at the last minute because the other person stood her up. However, it was before I had the chance to read the forum. Each time I contact her, she is sending the check or I should had the check by now. I would not do any business with her in the future.

Cheryl Benson
Go to Top of Page

gdaley

Florida
4 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2013 :  10:23:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also notarized a closing for Shannon back in May and still have not been paid. Since I was busy I did not realize I was not paid until 2 weeks ago. Since then I have re-invoiced, e-mailed and called her. She did answer her phone so far and keeps giving me the same excuses. Now again today she is sending it out and she also sent me a picture of my envelope (which she had the wrong address until I corrected it) and also a copy of the check. We will see what happens. Is it worth going to small claims. I wish I had time before I accept an assignment to check them out.

Grace B. Daley, CLA
Go to Top of Page

pbs_notary

Virginia
30 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  8:52:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I received an email Monday evening saying she had mail a check. I responded and asked for the check number and date and the date it was mailed.

She responded back that the check was in the mail. She didn't provide any of the requested information. She claims she called me several times. I receive no calls from her nor I did not receive a check.

Off to court we go.

Gladys in VA
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2013 :  7:10:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by montanareno

I have posted on this forum in the past regarding Shannon Smoot. She called me again by mistake and I told her that I had never been paid. She had all kinds of excuses, said she would put a check in the mail that day..... and "begged" me to help her with a problem she had at that time getting a loan signed. I told her no. She continued to beg and I gave in. I have no one to blame but myself. Bottom line.....she lies through her teeth and WILL NOT pay. Beware!

Lightening striking again!

You should have insisted on immediate PayPal for BOTH jobs. No PayPal?
Anyone can receive a wire transfer to their checking account. It does take a day or two but a copy of the "sending receipt" is hard to forge.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com

Edited by - edelske on 07/08/2013 7:16:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

pbs_notary

Virginia
30 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2013 :  1:18:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I received a call from Shannon Smoot, Precise Signings, the morning of June 24, 2013. She begged and pleaded with me to do a loan application for her and said she would pay by the 30th of the month. I have yet to receive a check and her voice mail is full. Unfortunately, I did not do any research on this company otherwise I would have turned her down. I arrived at the borrower's home and the first thing he says is, Did you get your printer fixed? I had no idea what he was talking about. He said that his appointment was at 10am, I did not get the call until 10:30am. She never sent the label to mail the package back until two days later. After two emails and two phone calls.

I am approximately three hours from Baltimore and fortunately I will be in Baltimore on Thursday on business. I will be filing a civil suit. I also included the loan officer on the email because the companies need to know who they are dealing with when giving out work and the notaries are not being paid.

Gladys in VA
Go to Top of Page

montanareno

Montana
10 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2013 :  11:10:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit montanareno's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have posted on this forum in the past regarding Shannon Smoot. She called me again by mistake and I told her that I had never been paid. She had all kinds of excuses, said she would put a check in the mail that day..... and "begged" me to help her with a problem she had at that time getting a loan signed. I told her no. She continued to beg and I gave in. I have no one to blame but myself. Bottom line.....she lies through her teeth and WILL NOT pay. Beware!
Go to Top of Page

cbe806

1 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2013 :  6:46:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Working for Shannon Smoot at Precise Signing, LLC Baltimore, MD 21224 410-627-2771 you will be working for free. She said will pay on 30th of same month, however that turned out not to be true. Emailed five invoices, no reply. Voice mail box always full. She did answer one time at 6:30 PM on a Tuesday and said check will be mailed out that week, however her word means nothing, no check four weeks after this contact.

Go to Top of Page

jeb

Maryland
10 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2013 :  12:35:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit jeb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have have had no trouble getting paid by Precise Signings. I've done several closings for Shannan, & she has pd. me by 30 days.They are not the same as Safir Signing. Safir has promissed to pay all debts. Safir is out of business. He was always late to pay, but I did get paid eventually, except for the last 3 closings. Safir is now bankrupt. Shannan did work for Genuine Title. She's now on her own. She's located in Baltimore.
Safir used to work for Genuine Title, as well as did Shannan. Safir has some complaints w. the Better Business Bureau.
These are the addressed & ph. nu. I'm sure if you did any closings for Percise Signings, if you call Shannon, she'll pay you.

Safir Signing Agents LLC
10 Hartley Cir, Apt. 616
Owings Mills, MD 21117
fax 443-738-3449

Shannon Smoot
Precise Signings LLC
650 48th ST.
Baltimore, MD 21224
410-677-2771
Ssmoot.precisesigningsllc@gmail.com

I'm not sure if Safir still works for Genuine Title. When I first did closings for them, they both were @Genuine Title, also in Owings Mills. I've been in contact w. the Vice president of Genuine Title.

Go to Top of Page

nova-notary

Virginia
6 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2012 :  12:00:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same situation I was stiffed $150 from safir signings, Shannon knew this when she called me again after a couple months and when I asked her about the unpaid fee she immediately launched into a long speech about how safir signings was out of business and it was not precise signings and just her. She offered me another job but I just couldn't take it. The trust is gone and I have a sneaking suspicion that her and safir might be the same person. I would avoid working for this woman/company.
Go to Top of Page

jgdean

North Carolina
21 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2012 :  05:15:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit jgdean's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was stiffed my Safir then got a call from Shannon to do a RESPA signing. Sucker that I am for a damsel in distress, I accepted it.
She promised things were better. Turns out, she's the same scammer that Kosti Safir is/was. Shame on her!

Prompt, secure professional signings.

The first to call in North Central North Carolina!

http://www.NCSigningAgent.com
Go to Top of Page

pjrager

Maryland
94 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2012 :  08:42:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the heads up on this one.
Go to Top of Page

North Carolina
8 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2012 :  05:17:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Precise and Safir signing are one and the same.
Horrible company to work for...
I keep them in my contact list so I NEVER answer their calls by mistake.
Plan on eating that one as a life lesson and loss on your income tax!

Edited by - 17336 on 11/10/2012 05:21:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

montanareno

Montana
10 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2012 :  5:17:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit montanareno's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Precise Signings - Shannon Smoot 410-627-2771 has NOT paid in 90 days. They won't answer their phone....goes directly to Voice Mail where you can't leave messages because the mail box is FULL. They don't reply to either email address and the credit union they had me do the signing for doesn't seem to care. Just thought I'd pass on this information so other Notaries can be aware of their practices.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.