123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Question of the day
 Which one you are using?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

johnysam

California
20 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2013 :  8:49:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit johnysam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for sharing. Seems quite a good offer.
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2013 :  12:38:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What I really should do is look into is Paypal like Ken keeps recommending.

Tyler,
To see how this would look to your clients do this: Go to my site (home page bottom center) and make a ONE CENT payment to me. Sorry, no refunds on this special offer!

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

TGS1985

California
208 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  4:41:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit TGS1985's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by edelske

Linda,

AND I got SquareUp credit card reader - haven't used it yet but I'm good to go..

Not for me. I don't want to touch, see, or ever handle someones credit card. PayPal (or a similar service) allows web based payments (I have a link on my site) and I never "handle" their card.

I'm with Ken, I believe the Christmas before I started my business my local news had a special report about how criminals were using magnetic devices to steal the information off portable credit card readers. I don't want that type of liability, nor do I want to pay the extra insurance to protect myself from that type of liability.

I honestly have yet lost a job due to not accepting credit cards. Everyone been perfectly fine with paying cash or check instead.

What I really should do is look into is Paypal like Ken keeps recommending. As of now I only use it for my personal shopping with Amazon and eBay but it's never let me down in those regards.

- Tyler Soares -
Notary Public & Loan Signing Agent
www.mobilestocktonnotary.com
www.saccitynotary.com
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2013 :  12:37:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Linda,

AND I got SquareUp credit card reader - haven't used it yet but I'm good to go..

Not for me. I don't want to touch, see, or ever handle someones credit card. PayPal (or a similar service) allows web based payments (I have a link on my site) and I never "handle" their card.

If you do, you can "copy" the "code" that allows internet transactions. I know YOU would not; but does your client know that? When they have some fraud - they will recall the card "being in your hands".

To me, it's worth the three percent cost to never be in court. Also, from a "time management" point of view: THEY handle the transaction - no worries about a cell signal, or time spent by me to process it. I simply get an email (on my cell phone) from PayPal when money is in my account.

Lastly, as you bring the payment device with you - it's not a prepay prior to distant travel solution. No protection from the wild goose chase.

Kenneth A Edelstein

Edited by - edelske on 02/10/2013 12:49:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

pjrager1

38 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2013 :  09:27:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, How is the StraightTalk Samsung Proclaim working out for you? I'm interested in this, but I saw so many bad reviews, I wanted to find out from a source who is actually using it. I have a Droid w/Verizon, it is high monthly maintenance and I'd love to pay $45/month if I can get all the perks! Thanks for your input, Pat in MD

quote:
Originally posted by LindaH

The only social website I use at all is Facebook and that's to keep in touch with family and friends out of state. I do not use it for business.

I JUST got my first Smartphone in June. I love love love it..I don't browse internet that much on it (though I have) but I've always wanted a touchscreen phone but didn't want to pay $100/month for it. StraightTalk finally offered the Samsung Proclaim and I got that one - $45/month unlimited talk, text and web. I'll take it!!

After all that, I still prefer a phone call for assignments.. :)

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com

Go to Top of Page

inotarize

Alabama
55 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  8:52:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit inotarize's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When I first joined Facebook (years ago) I created a profile for my notary business. At the time I had no idea what to post or how to get followers/friends so I closed it down. However, in the last few years, I've been blown away by the number of companies (large & small) who are using Facebook to further their brand identity.

Now I have "a clue" how to go about using Facebook (and even Twitter) and will consider resurrecting my company profile. I think it will encourage customer loyalty in the long run. But it involves work to maintain the page and keep it professional. This is very different type of marketing than most of us 50 & older are accustomed to.

I never thought I would be saying this. I am not a Facebook fan. But placing ads in newspapers is no longer an option for many of us. We have got to be more creative and aggressive in our marketing efforts if we want to stand out from our competition. For those of us who are in this for the long term, owners of business, we'd be wise to pursue this.

Michelle L. Riley
Serving Alabama since 2006.
Phone: (256) 503-6595
Email: HuntsvilleMobileNotary@Gmail.com

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  08:56:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by edelske

[quote]Originally posted by LindaH

The only social website I use at all is Facebook and that's to keep in touch with family and friends out of state. I do not use it for business.

I JUST got my first Smartphone in June. I love love love it..I don't browse internet that much on it (though I have) but I've always wanted a touchscreen phone but didn't want to pay $100/month for it. StraightTalk finally offered the Samsung Proclaim and I got that one - $45/month unlimited talk, text and web. I'll take it!!

Linda

The SquareUP is used WITH your phone - my understanding is that YOU have to be "on site" to use their service. I prefer payment prior to departure when going "the distance".....

Kenneth A Edelstein
[/quote

I never get prepay - but I limit my gnw service area so it's not an issue.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  08:40:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LindaH

Linda

The SquareUP is used WITH your phone - my understanding is that YOU have to be "on site" to use their service. I prefer payment prior to departure when going "the distance".....

Kenneth A Edelstein
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2012 :  08:37:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In the land of "high tech" I find two things essential. The first is an on line way to receive payment. "Far Away" assignments from individuals are always on a pre-pay basis. No "wild goose chase" in remote counties for this notary.

The second is a phone that can receive email. So, when "in the field" you can request that prepay (I use PayPal) AND receive an email from PayPal to confirm that payment was actually made PRIOR to heading into the wilderness.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2012 :  4:54:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Linda
Go to Top of Page

smcohn

California
17 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2012 :  12:46:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit smcohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Ken. I was beginning to think I was alone out here in minimally-digital-land. Everyone is pushing towards a smart phone as well. "You can then take credit cards!" I fear opening the door to TMIland and prefer to keep it cash and check only.
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2012 :  6:42:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The lot of them tend to be a HUGE waste of time. Worse yet, the questions from such sites are (in my experience) sent as text msgs not email. I put my business card on a few and find the setting to block "internal" messages and I don't have the time to keep checking for site based messages. I accept phone calls and emails.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Go to Top of Page

jrobert789

California
28 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2012 :  05:47:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit jrobert789's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There are lots of social networking sites available nowadays like Facebook, Myspace, Orkut and many more. So now I am using Myspace from last two years. I want to know that which site you all are using.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.