123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Free For All
 Nationwide decline in notaries
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joanbergst

California
360 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  9:38:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit joanbergst's Homepage  Reply with Quote
CA has lost almost 140,000 notaries in the last 4 years and the decline continues day by day.
If you are not working as a notary or notary loan signer than you need to look at your advertising.
Many other states, granted have way to many notaries and the competition is fierce in those states.

Joan Bergstrom
24/7 To Riverside & San Bernardino Counties.
CA State Notary Exam Instructor For www.notaryclasses.com
www.joanbergstromnotarypublic.com
joan.bergstrom@yahoo.com
Cell: 951-522-4919
Go to Top of Page

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2012 :  11:33:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree, I am almost glad to see that there are less notaries nationwide . From what I can see, most dont know what they are doing, break the law etc, but I think many quit because they try to work in loan signing which is beyond stressful and difficult, and it is the most triflin' bunch of bs in the world and true, very few are on top of their game.

Have been a Calif notary 30yrs, was a realtor for 12 yrs, signing agent for 13 yrs having completed approx 11,000 loan signings.Spanish English bilingual. Avail M-F, 9-9 some weekends and holidays.
Go to Top of Page

DianaNotary

California
171 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  11:18:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit DianaNotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just curious to find out the statistics...
In my opinion in the last few years there seemed to be way too-o-o-o many new notaries,(just my observation). Many notaries i know couldn't afford to be a full time notary, so they got a day job. Possibly, when people have other full time jobs, they cannot perform as well (accept appointments during business hours, etc.) ...some notaries decided not to renew their commissions, as the notary business didn't pay off as they thought....

http://www.DianaNotary.com
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2012 :  11:45:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been noticing many of my clients see the value of having their employee(s) commissioned to avoid my mobile fee charges that become expensive.

In fact, most all of my clients most always use me when their notaries leave them during the time frame of needing to get a new person commissioned. This should help stabalize the lack of notaries that the mobile notary costs pressure them into training notaries. I'm not worried because when a few clients drop off, new ones come on board using me a few months.

So the good news is businesses see no problem paying to have their employees become notaries.

I must say I've noticed a certain desperation of people wanting to get into this field as I'm continually annoyed by people who want more information about what I do, how much I make, etc.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2012 :  01:52:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
On July 3rd, our blog entry will be released about how there is a national decline in the amount of notaries commissioned.

http://blog.123notary.com/

Personally, I feel that there are too many notaries who haven't a clue, and very few notaries who are completely on top of their trade. I feel the state governments need to check up on their notaries periodically as a matter of procedure to see if everyone is doing everything they are supposed to be doing. Crossing their i's and dotting their t's, etc.

You/he/they know(s) what I am mean(ing), right?

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.