123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Beware of Notary Express
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2015 :  03:05:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Why is Notary Express still in business? GOes to show us that they are preying on newbies and the desperate or uninformed. That No pay policy if it doesn't close,for no fault of the notary doesn't work folks.
I REPEAT, STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2015 :  11:00:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Over the years I have done exactly two jobs for NE. They really did not like paying to my PayPal in advance, but were in a corner. They almost always refuse paying up front. That's fine with me. I would rather lose the assignment then play "chase the check". Here in NY State, and it's probably a rule in your juristriction: The notary may not have a financial interest in the outcome of the transaction. To me that means I am to be paid, assuming I do it right; no matter what happens.

When you INSIST on prepayment (prior to making a calendar entry) all "risk" goes away. True, you do fewer jobs, you also have lower blood pressure!

MOST of my assignments pay up front. As the "seller" it is I who sets the payment terms, not the "buyer". Try to order a T-shirt on-line and let me know if you find a vendor who will "invoice" you.

Notaries who "do now" and hope for pay "later" wind up consuming a large amount of aspirin for the headaches that follow. Why? It's probably because someone else will do it "their way".

Stop being the "someone else". They know it's virtually impossible to collect the trivial amounts, so they don't pay. And, you are powerless to do anything except report, gripe, and moan here.

Even Jeremy, the kindest most trusting soul on the planet; requires payment prior to "delivering the goods".

Will a "payment up front" policy reduce your income? Not necessarly, the free time you get from declining to submit to "their terms" can be better spent marketing your services to "high class" clients.

When you "lie down with dogs" expect to "rise with fleas".

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

brucesign

California
5 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2014 :  03:39:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a Reverse Mortgage for them. When I called the borrower to confirm the appt. she said she didn't want to go through with it. I notified Notaries Express. They convinced her to go through with the signing. I printed out over 300 pgs of docs, and babysat her through a two-hour signing. Then she used her three-day RTC. Notaries Express didn't pay me a dime because it didn't fund.
They'll go for any weaselly loan because it's no skin off their nose; the Notary does the work then eats it. I'll never work with them again.
Good luck if you do; hope it funds.

Bruce Wandmayer,
Notary Public/Certified Loan Signing Agent
Santa Cruz, CA
Go to Top of Page

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  7:21:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did one for them recently. For no fault of mine, the loan didn't close because there was a lender mistake and they wanted it redraw and re signed. They think they don't have to pay me now. I had crossed out that part on their order sheet where it says they don't pay. Shouldn't have done it at all.
DONT EVEN BOTHER WITH THEM EVER, LETS PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS.
Go to Top of Page

kokomom

Michigan
20 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2013 :  04:19:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I read this in the instructions and let them know to strike it or reassign. :)
Go to Top of Page

jschultz

California
37 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  6:49:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd read their contract and as stated below, they don't pay if the loan doesn't fund.That's a deal breaker for me every time.
Go to Top of Page

kokomom

Michigan
20 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2013 :  3:20:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has this company started to pay any better? Any feedback appreciated. Accepted job next week - though can still get out of it if need be. Thanks in advance!
Go to Top of Page

Diana

Pennsylvania
45 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  3:06:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is an Awful company to work for.. I put them on my "Black" list a yr ago after having to chase down my payment for almost 60 days.. They are rude and full of excuses!!..Avoid them, they do not pay!
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2012 :  1:06:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pretty sure the name of the company should be "Notaries Express".

If you don't value your time and experience, nobody else will.
Go to Top of Page

davidlwilliams

Massachusetts
47 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2012 :  09:50:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a similar eposode.
Go to Top of Page

gwmoore49

California
3 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2012 :  09:19:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After signing off loan docs (153 pages + copy package) plus travel my fee of $100 was declined. Reason- the deal did not fund. No payment for travel, printing and not to mention loss of other business because I blocked out time for this signing. It took two written notices for payment and 4 phone calls to their accounting department before they told me to read their disclosures. I think the policy for non payment should be in 16 point font bold. Had I been aware of this I would never have accepted the assignment. As it is I am no longer doing business with this signing agency and would put anyone on notice of their business practices dealing with mobile notary services.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.