123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Free For All
 My visit to the haunted Whaley house
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  9:20:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Understandable if you are both notaries.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  5:35:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, but it happened simultaneously to myself and my psychic! So, it is not all in my head... It is all in OUR head(s)!

Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  10:31:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would suggest that possibly the very idea of the cigar smoke triggered your brain's neurons to recreate the odor. I've had that type of thing happen to me that had nothing to do with ghosts before.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2012 :  10:47:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The plot thickens!!!

I went to my psychic in Los Angeles to discuss the Whaley house and the ghost situation. I told him how I left the whaley house and walked two blocks only to smell a faint cigar smoke oder.

I asked the psychic if it was real... Then he said, that HE smelled a faint cigar smoke oder just then, and then I smelled it too. It lasted only 20 seconds. We were on the patio, and we looked around, but there was nobody else around.

So, I encountered this ghost twice... in San Diego, and again tonight in Los Angeles... unbelievable. Since this ghost was such a good businessman during his life in the 1800's, maybe I should be asking him for business advice. That way, whenever someone tells me what a good idea I had, I can tell them that the idea came from a cigar smoking ghost!

Go to Top of Page

DianaNotary

California
171 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  09:23:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit DianaNotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
in response to your question... the cigar smell was coming from... the Mr. Whaley's ghost!
you surely had some fun there!

http://www.DianaNotary.com
Go to Top of Page

lightk

Alabama
108 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2012 :  08:21:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit lightk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well as interesting as you are, Mr. Whaley probably followed you, as I'm sure that's more fun than sitting in a stuffy ol' house all day long

Go to Top of Page

crtowles

California
553 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2012 :  4:27:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting story!

To answer your question. Who knows, It is purely a matter of what you believe.

@Ken. You are to much!!

Carmen
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2012 :  4:18:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just because a handful of misguided ghosts believe in me -- that doesn't prove that I am real!!! They have no proof.

Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2012 :  4:06:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have spoken to several ghosts, they all believe in Jeremy.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2012 :  3:00:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Old town San Diego
I was walking around old town San Diego the other day. I wanted to see if the tacos were better there than in the rest of the county where they have a distinctively unique way of making tacos with a thick tried corn tortilla that is semi-bendable. At any rate, the tacos were actually worse than the mediocre tacos in the rest of the county that I sampled. Los Angeles is much better in this respect.

But, I remembered that I had taken a haunted tour 16 years earlier which included a trip to a local graveyard, and the famous Whaley house which might be the #1 most haunted house in America, or at least on the top 10 list. I saw the house from the OUTSIDE only on that earlier trip.

A ticket for the haunted tour
So, it was $10 to get a ticket for the INSIDE tour, and it was leaving in four minutes. I figured -- no waiting time -- I'm in! So, about ten tourists met on the porch or this 1800's residence. Our first stop was to the mini-court on the ground floor. It had a space for the jury, the judge, and about 30 spectators. I wonder if any California notaries ever went to that house to notarize anything in their court?

The photo with the circle of light
The couple in front of me asked me to take a picture of them, but in front of them there was this circular light that spanned about a four foot diamter, and their faces were very distorted in the picture. Paranormal, or a reflection of the hanging light above their heads? It was bizarre, I have never seen anything like that.

The hanging 150 years before
Then we saw the rest of the house. We saw the stairway which is the site where a 6'3" man was hanged (before the house had been built). He was so tall that his feet hit the ground when they were hanging him, so he died very slowly. Men typically feel a strangling sensation when walking up or down the stairs there.

Then, we saw the children's rooms.
The rocking chair in one of the rooms has a habit of rocking on its own, but we didn't have the pleasure of seeing that. The other child's room had a death of a toddler, and paranormal noises, or noises that can be picked up on devices are heard there, but not when we were there. We saw the upstairs theatre where the locals enjoyed a good play regularly.

The cigar smoking ghost
Before leaving, we heard that Mr. Whaley's ghost often visited this house. Whenever he is there, you will feel like someone is behind you and you will smell the faint smell of CIGAR SMOKE too. There are six other spiritual entities -- mostly members of the family that lived there plus a cousin of the family. These ghosts are seem only from time to time and the staff has seen them all, but visitors rarely get a glimpse unless they are really lucky. These ghosts are nice ghosts in any case, and do not cause trouble.

I enjoyed my short stay at the Whaley House, and left after some quick chatting with some of the other visitors. I walked down the street for exactly two blocks. At that point, I smelled a very distinctive smell -- the smell of CIGAR SMOKE. I felt a presence behind me too (a little bit). I turned around, but nobody was there.

It was time to go home, so I went two more blocks to my car (I had gotten a free parking space), and drove away. After driving off, I remembered that across the street from where I had been standing, there was a wine and cigar store & cigar room / patio.

Where was the cigar smoke coming from?
My parting question to the notaries is: Was the cigar smoke I smelled coming from the cigar patio roughly 60 feet away from me, or was it coming from Mr. Whaley's ghost?

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.