123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Settlement Corp.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1 2 people liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Maryland
10 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2011 :  07:55:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anything new on how to get paid they also owe me from March?
Go to Top of Page

pjrager

Maryland
94 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2011 :  05:52:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately my job was not Citi it's US Bank NA. I got the same answer from Joanne Cacciaguida as Chica. Does anyone know if a class action suit I can join? Any suggestions on getting my fee? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

jschultz

California
37 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2011 :  6:57:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This company owes me some too.I'm going to whine about them to their D.A.'s office..I doubt it will do any good, as they are probably going to file bankruptcy, or get shut down by the feds.

http://www.nassaucountyny.gov/agencies/DA/consumer_info.h

Go to Top of Page

Chica

6 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2011 :  11:17:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently sent a follow up email to Joanne Cacciaguida to check on payment (just for the take up her time, since I know what the response will be) and she replied:

"Funds are not available at this time and we do not have the ability to issue checks. Creditors with valid claims against the Company will have to file a legal complaint."

I then asked her twice WHO I needed to file against...(again just to take up her time) and no response! Surprise, Surprise!
Go to Top of Page

pjrager

Maryland
94 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2011 :  07:09:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RE: TITLESERV - I've been instructed to send my invoice to Joanne Cacciaguida at: jcacciaguida@titleserv.com - for outstanidng invoices. I'll advise when I receive payment.
Go to Top of Page

grutta

New York
1 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2011 :  06:49:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Fellow Notaries:

I hope you find this helpful. This was recently reported in one of our local newspapers.

The FBI raided Titleserv/Settlement Corp. Wednesday morning, a little more than two weeks after the national title insurance agent closed suddenly.

FBI spokesman Jim Margolin said agents went with a search warrant as part of an "Ongoing Investigation." The search started at 8 A.M. and continued into early afternoon, ending with agents leaving with boxes of records.

Maybe the FBI will find all of our invoices, since most of us have not been paid since March. I sent an e-mail to the Newsday Reporter reporting on this matter letting her know how much I was owed. Her e-mail address is ellen.yan@newsday.com.

This company not only left its notaries high and dry, but one could only imagine what happened to all the customers whose loans funded.
I wonder if Settlement Corp. paid of the Mortgages.

I hope all the parties involved in this criminal activity spend a lot of time in prison.
Go to Top of Page

kellyjmt

Washington
22 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2011 :  4:54:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit kellyjmt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
NOTARY BEWARE!

These losers went closed shop without paying their notaries.

In their own words:

The invoice will be retained for submission. Please be advised of the following:

The company closed on April 8th and is without sufficient funding to satisfy all claims. The company is evaluating all of its options, including but not limited to attempting to obtain funding to address creditor claims. We are hopeful to have more information in the next 10 days.

Joann Cacciaguida
Manager, Operations Support/Corporate Trainer
Phone: 516-719-4222
Fax: 516-719-4482
jcacciaguida@titleserv.com

88 Froehlich Farm Blvd.
Woodbury, NY 11797
titleserv.com
Want to see inside our National Headquarters? Take a tour of our office!

Go to Top of Page

pjrager

Maryland
94 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2011 :  04:26:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your input.
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2011 :  09:57:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pjrager

Total 290 pgs. BR called me yesterday and job was scheduled Monday.

$35 sounds fair to me - that's a 145 page package X2...sounds about right....not sure hiring party will agree...:)

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

pjrager

Maryland
94 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2011 :  08:39:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Total 290 pgs. BR called me yesterday and job was scheduled Monday.
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2011 :  08:37:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pjrager

Yes, I did request an additional fee. In the meantime BR cancelled! What would you charge? I'd say at least $35. Any feedback?

Did you print 580 pages? If so, I'd request at least $50-$60.

MHO

Linda

Edited by - LindaH on 03/27/2011 08:38:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

pjrager

Maryland
94 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2011 :  08:31:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I did request an additional fee. In the meantime BR cancelled! What would you charge? I'd say at least $35. Any feedback?
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2011 :  3:19:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
290 pages?? I hope the borrowers' copies are included in that. If not, I hope you requested an additional print fee!!....wow...

Linda
Go to Top of Page

pjrager

Maryland
94 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2011 :  3:08:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anybody worked for Titleserv recently? I just accepted a signing --- 290 Pages!!! Incredible. Do they pay in 30 or 60? I look forward to a prompt reply as my job is Monday 3/28. Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  01:01:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Settlement Corp's review page is at:

http://www.123notary.com/signco-idv.asp?sid=189&Settlement+Corp

Go to Top of Page

a1etron

Florida
77 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  05:59:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone noticed that this company is way slow in paying their invoices. I have 4 invoices that are now over 60 days old, I have spoken to several people there and I get the same story, but they do not pay. I called this morning asking for the president of the company, well I guess he does not take calls from underlings like us. I have suspended my account with title serve and just emailed all their invoices to a collection agency. I hate being a collector from a title company that when you log on to their web page you can take a tour of their office. Well they spent to much money on ugly furniture and they need to tour the entire accounting dept out the permanently because they are incapable of doing their job. When a title company tells you over and over we pay on the 15th and THEN they excuse after excuse as why they do not. Turn the tables set a closing with me, then I have excuse after excuse as why I did not show up every party to the transaction is now calling Titleserv. Maybe the president of the company would talk to me then. Absolutely Unbelieveable that this is how we are treated when all Titleserv files "HAVE TO BE TREATED AS VIP CLOSINGS".

Edward Fadden
Orlando Notary
Covering all of Central Florida, Orange-Lake-Seminole-Osceola and Volusia Counties.
407-619-7777
orlandonotary@embarqmail.com
Go to Top of Page

cybor462

Pennsylvania
12 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  01:25:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit cybor462's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was working many jobs for them. They are out of NY not Vermont, anyway I have earned roughly 1000-2000 dollars a month from them. Hope has always been very nice until something goes wrong. She then gets very hot. You are right they only pay 25 for edocs and also 25 for a trip fee although I have been paid 50 for a trip fee. Then my last check was short a couple trip fee's and a print fee and she went off on me blaming me for it. Because of the amount of work they gave me I tried not to get mouthy but I let them know I will not travel for free nor will I print docs for free. Since then I went from 8-15 signings a week to 1 in the last 2 weeks and that was a canel from another notary. They only paid 75 for a heloc or refi. I was not happy with a title company paying such a low fee but again the amount of work I was offered by them made it ok. Now if the 1-2 jobs every couple weeks keeps up I will be telling them to pay more or take me of there list as well.
Go to Top of Page

dfye@mcttelecom.com

New Hampshire
681 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2006 :  12:30:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit dfye@mcttelecom.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Watch out for Settlement Corp - TitleServ out of Woodbury, Vermont. I had been working with them for approximately one year. Hope Garabedian was incredible always making sure you were compensated in a timely fashion. But then . . . after a year of doing signings with Settlement Corp. I noticed that my fees were being undercut by 25 to 50 dollars. How deceiving.

When I refused to do an edoc signing yesterday for 100 dollars which was originally supposed to be overnight docs (I was emailed the documents 2 hours after the signing was supposed to have taken place), she freaked out on me today. She would not let me get a word in edgewise. I would have traveled for one and a half hours one way through the White Mountain National Forest which tends to make its own weather. She blamed me for everything including quoting the fees for signing. She told me that the documents do not come from them and they have no way of knowing if the lender changes the plan. Hmmmmm. By the way, she claims they only pay 25 dollars for edocs. My fee is 50. When I was finally able to speak I told her that there was no way that I was going to spend the few pennies she paid me on car repairs anymore or nasty borrowers because Settlement Corp does not communicate with the lenders. I reminded her that I was at the end of the food chain and would not starve over their negligence. Finally said, TAKE ME OFF YOUR LIST!

Legal Eagle Para Professional Services
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.