123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Timios Title / Timios, Inc.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 2 people liked this post.1 person disliked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

garyw148

California
14 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2016 :  09:34:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have performed a number of signings for Timios and have always been paid. I will continue working for them.

Gary Williamson
Go to Top of Page

gcqcfp

South Carolina
2 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2016 :  06:17:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having trouble getting paid from Timios. did a signing on 5/19 and still have not been paid. I called numerous times and had to leave messages. NOTHING! First time spoke to a Robert. Said he would call me back in 30 min. Never heard from him and won't return my calls now.

George C. Quinn
Go to Top of Page

esnotary

California
125 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2015 :  3:13:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit esnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did a closing for them on 11/24 received payment 12/7. 11 notarizations in one package but I'm happy with the payment schedule.

Go to Top of Page

California
20 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2015 :  08:53:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also have done work for Timios. They start with a low ball fee and I always have to haggle... I always increase my fee by 25.00 for Timios due to the large amount of docs (160-190 pgs)and notaries (12-14 per person) they think that a signing is a simple no hassle sit down and sign docs.. They do not get it.. we can see on the HUD now the new TILA-HUD they are paid between 190-225 for the signing, and they offer 40% of the fee... They are a slow pay.. need to be prompted to pay me...
Go to Top of Page

Christina H

California
12 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2015 :  2:22:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Timios was one of my favorite companies, as I have posted before. But when they started doing the email blasts, the fee went down. I would have to call and haggle my fee. Which they always accepted. Then they "switched" the schedulers and the new schedulers decided that they would no longer honor my fees. They said, I would have to call into the office and ask if they would accept my "higher" fees and if while on the phone with them and another notary accepted at the lower rate, the job may be assigned to that notary.

I jumped through the hoops twice just to play their game and then asked for my name to be removed from their lists.

Printing out near 300 pages for the application signing and just about the same for the actual signing (about 10-12 signatures each person) for less than $100 each visit? forget that! Only positive thing is that they always paid on time.
Go to Top of Page

Arizona
15 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2015 :  10:06:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit 32297's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When I started to do work for them they were great to work with. They paid my fee without having to haggle back and forth. After several transactions they started an email blast system, lowered their fees and did not want to negotiate. I had them remove me from their data base as I don't want to work for free.
Go to Top of Page

Christina H

California
12 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2015 :  1:38:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love Timios, one of my favorites to work with. The packages are clean, docs usually are sent on time and the borrowers are usually well informed. They pay every 15 days and I never had to inquire about my checks. Been working with them for a few years now and know exactly who to call to get a quick answer.

I don't like the new mass emailing system they have, it has dropped my volume of work with them but they always pay my fee. I just have to email and ask them to update my fee, which they always do.
Go to Top of Page

cw2usarmyret

Virginia
122 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2015 :  06:23:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update on my dealings with TIMIOS. Assignments offered IAW with my minimum fee and payment received within in 3 weeks. For me, they are back to 5 stars.
Go to Top of Page

California
48 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2015 :  04:27:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Timios used to be one of my favorite companies. Now they do mass emails for a $75.00 fee. I tell them my minimum is xxx and they will wait to reply until someone else takes the signing or no one does and they accept my fee. Most of the time, someone else takes if for the lower fee.

Teri W.
Go to Top of Page

cw2usarmyret

Virginia
122 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2014 :  03:05:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A little over a year ago, to me, TIMIOS set the gold standard for how a company should deal with Notaries. Never an issue about fees, paid quickly and no hand holding.

The fees have now dropped like a rock. The last job I did I had to ask about the status of my payment. I was told that they were on a 30 day payment cycle. I received my check on the 40th day.

Where I once enjoyed getting calls from them to now I am not sure that they are worth dealing with anymore. This very sad but even the good ones are having problems now.
Go to Top of Page

peanut20

Minnesota
38 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2014 :  2:41:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive been doing closings for them for years, always great and reasonable fees. And they always pay quickly, but the past couple of months my checks have been coming later and later, now Im waiting for 3 deals I did in mid December to get paid. Ive never had a 60 day turnaround with them, not even 30. Just wondering if anyone else out there has seen a slowing in there payables..

john
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Notary

California
16 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2014 :  8:40:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Timios is one of my favorites... I am in a rural area they always agree to my fee and have been getting paid unless then 15 days...
Go to Top of Page

Sunset

Virginia
7 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2014 :  09:01:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've enjoyed the work that I have received from Timios. I've never found them to be as you say, "unprofessional". I will say that they typically have had a great turnaround time when it came to paying for my services. Recently however, I have seen them take more the 30 days, which for a company as large as they are, makes me wonder if there isn't an issue behind the scenes. I suspect that it is only a slip up.
Go to Top of Page

migl15

California
8 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2014 :  10:27:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit migl15's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did a couple of jobs for them in 2013. Their fee was a $100 and paid within 18 days. Doc package was average (140 pages). Don't have any problem with them

mbuchwald
Go to Top of Page

fredia

Georgia
6 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  10:32:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've found this company to be very unprofessional. I worked for them on Dec 10, 2013, I had to go back with a Deed that was not sent out in the docs.They called me and tried to say I didn't send it back with the package, it took them a few days to realize it was never sent out to me.
I have NOT been paid as of today 01/22/2014 for this signing. I called & emailed them two weeks ago and was told my check would be sent out in the next batch, whenever that may be? They owe me for two trips.
I was ask again on 12/27/2013 to work for them, I agreed to.
The first signing they sent the docs email and the Deed for the second trip. They called late on Friday for a Saturday signing and didn't send the docs email. I could not reach anyone the to find out about the docs over the weekend. On Monday they called and said the docs were on the web, which I was never given instruction or a password to get to them, I had assumed they would be sent email like the first signing.I even mentioned to Jessica after the first signing that I couldn't complete my signing on the web and she said "that's okay", never offering the information of how to..
I Spoke with Laura Caban on Monday 12/30/2013 concerning the Web Docs and the canceled signing, she was very rude, she didn't want to accept any responsibility for the failure of the Web information not getting to me. I then turned the signing down because of her rude demeanor and a feeling of not trusting the company.
Go to Top of Page

smwiley

West Virginia
5 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2014 :  4:35:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BEWARE!! They tried to pay $80 but called me back and meet my fee. I conducted the closing on 10-3-13 and did not receive payment until today 1-16-14. The best part is the check was dated for 12-19-13. Jessica Henderson put me off by telling me they were waiting on the recorded docs, so I called the courthouse to check the status. It took them another month after I emailed the status before the check was cut and another month before I received it.

S Wiley
Go to Top of Page

jackiehinchey

North Carolina
8 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2013 :  11:56:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Timios Title has to be one of my all-time FAVORITE companies to work with!!!! They are always very friendly...Always pay a fair fee and docs are always on time!! The have always paid promptly as well!! I absolutely love them!!! I have worked with LaMaiah, David, Angela, Jeremy and several others and everyone is always incredibly professional and very nice!

Jackie
Go to Top of Page

California
48 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2013 :  08:04:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of my favorites

Teri W.
Go to Top of Page

pdl lady

California
38 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2013 :  10:33:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Timios is a great example of a 5 star company. Very professional, docs and payment on time. I love working with them.

Mary Poncedeleon
Go to Top of Page

paulcr

North Dakota
34 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2013 :  6:49:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Timios contacted me regarding a reverse mortgage application signing. I read the mixed reviews here and since I had an opening I decided to give them a try - couldn't hurt.

They met my XXX fee, the docs were ready well within time, they were very helpful with a couple of questions I had, the check was cut 5 calendar days from the date of signing and I received it in the mail 3 days later. Overall it was one of the most easiest new (new for me) clients I have taken on in a long time!
Go to Top of Page

amcbride

Maine
31 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2013 :  6:14:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit amcbride's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I love this company!!!!!!!!! They do everything right.

Anne McBride
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2013 :  3:17:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by davidlwilliams

quote:
Originally posted by leeinla

Just got a call from them to do a refi for $85. I asked for a $100.00 which I think is fair considering how long the packages are these days.
They are shopping me around.

Do not tolerate the "we are going to pay this...." people. I do nothing, even next door for less than $100, including Quicken loans with no printing.
When I hear things like "we are going to pay this $65" my response is either "then you can't afford me" or "I do not do signings in this range, I cannot help you."

BRAVO!

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

Docs1957

Nevada
3 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2013 :  1:00:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great company to work with. Never a problem with my fees, docs or getting paid. LOVE THEM!

Kerri Sands
Go to Top of Page

ALNOTARY

Alabama
50 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2013 :  05:50:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit ALNOTARY's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have always had a great experience with Timios. They are friendly, docs are on time, my fees are met and they pay timely. If I have questions, they answer them promptly. I will take assignments from them every time they call (my schedule permitting).
Go to Top of Page

Illinois
7 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2013 :  7:16:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love Timios, never a problem with payment and they are always available to discuss any issues at the time of the appointment.

L Kane
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2011 :  7:25:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have experience working for this company?

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.