123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Field Choice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2015 :  06:45:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have an appt. in one hour from now. NO DOCS YET. Called, e mailed, no response. My fee of 125. might be too high so they are probably going to get someone else at last moment.
I have worked very hard to be the best in my area and as a result,for many loan agents I am the preferred agent of several Chase agents.
When I don't get docs on time to prepare them in advance and be on time it reflects on me. I have busy days and I cannot reschedule or 'push back' on appt. It makes me look bad. I am going to talk to whoever is in charge over at Field Choice and make sure they never call me again.
Constantly, the biggest topic is how professional the notary is. We are always under the microscope and being judged. Well its hard to maintain a modicum of professionalism when we have to deal with very unprofessional outfits like Field Choice and the others who operate like them. The bigger they are the more confusion they thrive on.
I will say I prefer Title Source any day that is efficient, treat you well and are not a big hassle about anything.
I am confused by some of the posts here- are Title Source and Field Choice somehow related?
Go to Top of Page

Virginia
2 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2015 :  3:14:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[:(! I highly recommend no one should work for them, in month of March heavy snow borrow kept calling loan Depot send me docs.I completed 3 days later someone call me that 16 pages were missing we want you to complete right away start treating me that I will not get paid. I complete and next day I talk to owner name Ted Trapp. I send proof that he kept saying was Notary error, several emails back and fourth I told him take my name of he has not pay me I call loan depot no help. I said heck with you. But hey still keep calling me I always refuse. I gave proof etc no help.

bad bad bad

Edited by - 25814 on 06/10/2015 3:21:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

StamfordNotary2

Connecticut
5 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2015 :  12:28:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit StamfordNotary2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will never accept work from this company again and I strongly advise anyone else from taking assignments for them.

They called me for a closing in my town and I conducted it for them the same day. Every i was dotted and every t was crossed. (One question came up during closing, but they did not answer their evening contact number. Odd...)

I returned the package the same evening. I was supposed to be paid within three weeks but once four weeks went by, I began emailing to follow up on my unpaid invoice.

After two weeks of no reply, I finally received a response today, telling me they won't be paying because "our client didn't pay us so we can't pay you."

Surprisingly, the direct phone numbers for all three people I dealt with at Field Choice all go directly to a fax machine, so there is no way to leave a message for anyone there. hmmmmm....

I'm preparing the demand letter and small claims court paperwork now. I will update this forum when I have more information.
Go to Top of Page

lcox60

Illinois
22 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2014 :  7:55:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I worked with Field Choice quite a bit last year and didn't have many problems, but then they started low balling and I refused the jobs, just got my first call this year last week, I quoted my price of $150 for a 45 minute drive one way, they agreed and I took the job while traveling to another closing, they asked for me to call and confirm with the borrower and I told them I was on the way to a closing and would call and confirm when I got home and could get confirmation from email in 2 hours. I got home, printed confirmation, called borrower to confirm, he said oh you can come at 6, they called me and told me they couldn't get here till 7, I had glanced at my email and the one above had said documents available, so told him I had documents and could do at 6, he said great. After hanging up I scan the rest of my emails and there is another email that was sent from them saying loan cancelled. I sent them an email and told them I assumed they found someone else that would do it for less and did not appreciate being treated that way, to remove me from their list. They sent me an email with bullshit that Title Source cancelled and they had no control over that. Then they call me today to do a loan closing 20 minutes away for $85, I told them $125, the guy starts telling me they don't get that much, they only get $100 and will I do it for the $100, I told him they weren't getting paid enough if that is all they are getting. Disgusted by them, I refuse to work for those kind of fees.

I have 12 years experience with seven of those being with a title company, these signing companies need to go.
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2014 :  9:22:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by On the Go

Is anyone else experiencing "double-booking" with Field Choice?

Simple protection: Let the scheduler know that the job does not go on your calendar until payment is received, end problem.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

dfye@mcttelecom.com

New Hampshire
681 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2013 :  07:16:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit dfye@mcttelecom.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fellow Notaries,

I received my first call from Field Choice during the summer of 2013 and was apprehensive during that time to take on a new company. Needless to say, I agreed to do a signing for them on my terms only, meaning they pay me a fee of $225 for the first signing (good faith gesture)and any future ones would be determined on an order by order basis with a minimum fee of $125 firm; no fax backs would ever be required unless it was same day funding. I received payment within 30 days as agreed.

I completed a few more signings for Field Choice when all of a sudden, last month, my cell phone began ringing every fifteen minutes with an automated recording that was programmed by Field Choice to go off wanting to know the status of the closing and to call them back and report it. I had to shut the phone off completely out of humiliation. The phone started going off fifteen minutes before the closing was scheduled to even begin. Unfortunately, I was unable to get ahold of anyone at Field Choice due to the differences in time zones.

When I finally did speak with someone at Field Choice, the first words out of his mouth were "you must be calling about the automated system" meaning they knew long ahead of time that this was going to happen. I asked him why in God's Holy name would they do something like that and he explained that many of their notaries are not following specific instructions. I explained to him how degrading and humiliating that experience was and asked him to take me off the list of signers which he did. He was very apologetic once he realized that I refused to be treated with anything less than dignity.

Debi Langlais

Legal Eagle Para Professional Services

Edited by - dfye@mcttelecom.com on 12/31/2013 07:18:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

sherrigabel

North Carolina
3 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2013 :  4:56:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had the same problem with them giving me a closing, printing their docs, only to have them cancel closing with me to give to just one notary in my area who is willing to cut his rates at last minute in order to get the closings. I still charge them a print fee.
quote:
Originally posted by 22806

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by mitzt33

I've completed several signings for FC within the last 2 months. I haven't experienced any double bookings. But I'm starting to experience problems printing from their website. I don't think its my printer I just purchased a Brother MFC 8890DW. Is anyone else experiencing printing problems?

Mitzi Turner

RAP I have had the same problem printing their doc's and I have two printers both have the same negative results. I have requested several times that they send doc's directly to my E-mail. The last time after they sent the doc's to me and I printed.... they then gave the assignment to another notary and did not bother to notify me.

RAP

SHERRI GABEL
Go to Top of Page

sherrigabel

North Carolina
3 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2013 :  4:53:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope by now you have figured out that the "10 fax backs and you're done" isn't really that. I have worked with them for a couple of years and at first they were a very good company to work for, but as of recent they have become a major pain to work with. They want fax backs, for you to wait for their approval to drop package, and then twice now have come back after a week or more to say they need you to go back out for a new signature affidavit, or name affidavit, or that the copies of the ID's were not clear, etc. Luckily for me, I scan in the whole package and email it so I have a way to go back and recheck to see if there really were any errors. Guess what? I have been able, each time, to prove they are incorrect and that I have done my job correctly. Once burnt from them and I started this practice. As of last week, I am done with this company. Too much hassle to call when confirmed with borrower, call when docs are printed, call when I arrive, call when closing is done, call when faxbacks have been completed, on and on it goes.

quote:
Originally posted by 22459

I just started working with them 1/22/13 & I like working with them. I haven't gotten paid on any yet, so I can't speak to the quickness of payment yet. They aren't the highest payers, but nice to work with. They also told me, after 10 error free signings, there are no more faxbacks. Only 4 more to go

Teri W.

SHERRI GABEL
Go to Top of Page

California
48 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2013 :  09:36:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last signing done 10/11/13 check received on 10/26/13... Keep them coming, Field Choice!

Teri W.
Go to Top of Page

California
48 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  8:01:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by edelske

quote:

I just started working with them 1/22/13 & I like working with them. I haven't gotten paid on any yet, so I can't speak to the quickness of payment yet. They aren't the highest payers, but nice to work with. They also told me, after 10 error free signings, there are no more faxbacks. Only 4 more to go

Teri W.

So you have done SIX jobs without getting a check? My limit for any company is 3 payments outstanding. I hope you get paid.

Kenneth A Edelstein

Ken, I hadn't gotten paid yet because when I had written that, it had only been 2 weeks since the first signing. Four of them on the first day! Two of those for the same person. I am extremely happy to report that all payments have been received, right at the 30 day point. NO chase money with Field Choice

Teri W.
Go to Top of Page

Florida
14 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  7:52:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ALNOTARY

I started working with Field Choice Nov 2012. I couldn't be happier, they have sent so much business my way!! They are friendly and professional and pay promptly. No complaints here!!

ALNOTARY

I fully agree with this and for the record, I would rather do signings for this company than any others out there.Jamal is one great help when you have problems at the table and his Boss ( J.D.) is available and stays late to be sure issues get taken care of.

Bob Powell

RAP
Go to Top of Page

Florida
14 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  7:34:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jbelmont

Has anyone worked for this company before?
I have been doing signings of various types of signings for Field Choice for 24 months now, and can honestly say they are one of the best if not THE BEST COMPANY out there.The pay well and on time, and they provide assistance to Notaries in the field at all hours. Jamal 714 408 7085 is an excellent example and his boss JD Trinidad is right there late at night to help us if needed. I will always go the extra mile for Field Choice for these reasons and more. My # is 941 879 7076 and anyone who wishes to know more can call me on this.

Bob P

Field Choice
20101 SW Birch St, Ste 150A
Newport Beach, CA 92660

RAP
Go to Top of Page

ALNOTARY

Alabama
50 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2013 :  11:58:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit ALNOTARY's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I started working with Field Choice Nov 2012. I couldn't be happier, they have sent so much business my way!! They are friendly and professional and pay promptly. No complaints here!!

ALNOTARY
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  12:39:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Teri W.

So you have done SIX jobs without getting a check? My limit for any company is 3 payments outstanding. I hope you get paid.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Go to Top of Page

MsLisa

New York
18 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  08:23:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FC called me for a signing, met my fee. However, I never received documents, never received a call to cancel. The borrower called me to see where I was, I told them I never received documents and I apologized because I thought Title would have called them. I would not work for FC. They also wanted a copy of my driver's license as well as wanted me to tell them how I handle disgruntled borrower's as well as what experience do I have with a list of loans. Sorry, been doing this for a while and been in a professional field with my Notary Commission for over 20 years and I certainly won't give them my driver's license, nor do I want to fax back all notarized documents until I reach 10 signings with them. I think for what they wish to pay, they are asking way too much.

Lisa Cirillo
Go to Top of Page

California
48 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2013 :  05:59:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Teri W.
Go to Top of Page

California
4 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2012 :  4:14:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like working for them most of the time. They pay in 30 days. I don't like that I need to fax back all notarized docs and NORTC for them to check.
Go to Top of Page

deeslim58

California
40 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2012 :  8:52:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the most part, I've only had good experiences with Field Choice. And they have always paid me on time!

Ms. Dee
Go to Top of Page

On the Go

Nevada
26 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2012 :  10:23:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
field choice phone numbers - 714-442-8994 or 435-649-0498 or 949-743-0344 - I think alot of their employees just use their own cell phones.

Field Choice stuck it to me again - twice - I showed up to 2 appointments only to find they had "so called" cancelled or re-scheduled with another notary, without notifying me, with no trip charge! And who knows if you'll get docs when you book your time for them.

This company has got to go!
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2012 :  09:43:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rtbleess

I received 4 calls from Field Choice last week to do a signing that would involve about 100 pages refi. My mileage with the drop would be about 75 miles roundtrip. They offered $90 and I Quoted them $140. In their last call I mentioned with the cost of things now I will not lower my fee. The guy begged me to lower my fee. When he asked me what I paid for my paper I just hung up on him. I have done one signing for them and it took 6 weeks to receive my fee. The next call I get from them I will ask for payment before the signing on Pay Pal. DT, Mn.

I hope the rep who called you asks (while in the chair) the dentist to elaborate on the cost of the filling going into his open tooth cavity.
THAT should be good for a memorable dental experience.
On a serious note: when they ask my "costs" - Sure, but first let's discuss your Profits!

Kenneth A Edelstein
Go to Top of Page

rtbleess

Minnesota
5 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2012 :  08:17:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I received 4 calls from Field Choice last week to do a signing that would involve about 100 pages refi. My mileage with the drop would be about 75 miles roundtrip. They offered $90 and I Quoted them $140. In their last call I mentioned with the cost of things now I will not lower my fee. The guy begged me to lower my fee. When he asked me what I paid for my paper I just hung up on him. I have done one signing for them and it took 6 weeks to receive my fee. The next call I get from them I will ask for payment before the signing on Pay Pal. DT, Mn.
Go to Top of Page

Florida
14 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2012 :  3:42:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Minnesota7

Does anyone have a phone number for Field Choice? Mn7

Bill

The numbers I have are as follows. After hours 714 900 3218

The other number I have is 949 743 0344. I hope it helps

RAP
Go to Top of Page

Florida
14 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2012 :  3:38:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by On the Go

Is anyone else experiencing "double-booking" with Field Choice?

YES After confirming with me on a Re Fi I printed the doc's then called the client only to learn that they had given the assignment to another notary. When I called the F C rep, she told me the signing had been cancelled. I called the client who stated that another Notary had been contacted to do the signing...same date same time.

RAP
Go to Top of Page

Florida
14 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2012 :  3:29:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I've completed several signings for FC within the last 2 months. I haven't experienced any double bookings. But I'm starting to experience problems printing from their website. I don't think its my printer I just purchased a Brother MFC 8890DW. Is anyone else experiencing printing problems?

Mitzi Turner

RAP I have had the same problem printing their doc's and I have two printers both have the same negative results. I have requested several times that they send doc's directly to my E-mail. The last time after they sent the doc's to me and I printed.... they then gave the assignment to another notary and did not bother to notify me.

RAP
Go to Top of Page

Florida
14 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2012 :  3:23:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Mitzi Turner

RAP
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2011 :  01:22:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone worked for this company before?

Field Choice
20101 SW Birch St, Ste 150A
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.