123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Altisource Portfolio Solutions?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  09:02:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you enjoy working for a company located in India stealing American jobs, perhaps it would be best if you relocate there.

quote:
Originally posted by CDLD90

I did not ask any questions. I wrote on contract and changed the fees and added fees such as travel, cancellation, closed gate, extra signor, evening, no show, pages printed etc. I changed what I felt needed change to make reasonable not excessive. They did request the higher coverage on insurance which i did immediately. They called me and said it was accepted. After signing I billed them according to my schedule and they did not argue a dime. They paid me direct deposit. No problems. They do speak with heavy accent but after a while you understand it fine. They are very patient and explain every detail. Melroy even called me to tell me package was received and he said "Lucia, excellent job on the signing!". It was not necessary but very nice customer service. BTW their wanting everything a la carte increases the total due on many assignments but they save on small assignments. I enjoy their assignments. AltiSource is OK and so far I recommend them.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  08:47:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is an outsource company located in India. Enough said.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

Ldelrey

Florida
6 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2012 :  06:55:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will not do business with this company,I had 2 closing and all they did was call me 100 times on my cell and at home, I could not understand word not clear in talking English. The closing pack was a mess, and still waiting for payment from March.

Lidia R Del Rey
Go to Top of Page

closer4u

Tennessee
14 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2012 :  5:11:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was contacted on May 16, 2012 and told they are now doing loans in the state of Tennessee. I asked for information on the company and he was very cautious after that. I received the package and looked it over. This is one of the most unique sign-up I have experienced in 12 years. Asking for some of the information was not their business. I contacted the State Secretary office and was told NOT to submit my personal information. I am considered an "INDEPENDENT agent, so personal information is not something which should be freely given out." I have shredded all the package and will not do any business with their company.
Go to Top of Page

Beegee10

6 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  5:35:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Beegee10's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Responding to the latest by CDLD90: I hear you loud and clear. I was part of their start up and thought it would get better. It never did. The pay was fair for that pilot program run from Atlanta. When they started up in India I never knew what the fee schedule was. I took one signing but and although I got paid on time, when I arrived it was told the buyer was delayed and I could either wait or come back in an hour. This is very typical. Only that I negotiated a fair fee and it was a cash purchase and I hadn't eaten lunch and it was local I followed through. I pursued trying to get someone to answer me. To no avail. Last week, I threw in the towel. A nearly two hundred page file, a closing that I should expect to be difficult (by the broker)to put it nicely and a scheduler that I had problem understanding and a ridiulous fee he said I was going to get. And no one who would respond to my emails. I also said not to call me again.
Most of these closing do not go smoothly. Or at least they have not in the past. And that probably is more of a problem or at least as much of a problem as the fees because of the additional time and effort.

Go to Top of Page

CDLD90

Florida
8 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2012 :  6:21:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sad to say that I decided never to take assignments from them again. They are very disorganized and I didn't mind as long as they paid for it. Lately they are calling me disputing fees they have already agreed to on their contract. The schedule closings, cancel with less than one hours notice, reschedule as a rush, expect me to travel, print hundreds of documents, fedex back immediately, sit at closing and wait hours for a callback with decision on their problems, evening appointments, 2 signers, notarize all paperwork, be available for 4 hours to 2 days as they work out their issues. Call, text and e-mail the Buyers, closer, altisource rep, manager, make copies of clients ID, alot of aggravation, update website several times to show what I have done, etc and then rush paperwork back via fedex and now they expect me to do it for one low flat rate that would not cover my gas and print. My biggest issue was after the signing I was called by two of their employees to please upload my invoice for $90 (I never agreed to this ridiculous fee) for a loan closing that was e-mailed, several hundred pages to print, 2 signers, canceled twice and rescheduled as a rush, travel to busy downtown neighborhood during lunch time, wait for callbacks and then immediately fedex back on a Friday night after 5 pm when closer finally gave me an answer as to whether or not to include another form in package. The strange thing was that I did notice that another notary had already walked away from this assignment as her paperwork was still in the online file. The buyers were a psycho man and his dad with dementia. They also brought along a girl friend, some kids, realtor, several cell phones ringing, eating, drinking , lots of personal conversations, and lots of noise during the entire signing process. What a nightmare!! I uploaded my invoice and asked them never to call me again!!
Go to Top of Page

egw91145

Florida
62 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2011 :  06:53:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went through the "hoops of fire" with Pablo and my bonding company to get approved with this company a few months ago and haven't received any calls from them to date. I was a little put off by their requirements and they accepted the information I submitted but was not exactly as they as they had wanted. Got a congratulatory phone call from Pablo once approved, but haven't heard from them since. It didn't cost me anything except a little time.

EGW
Go to Top of Page

CDLD90

Florida
8 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  07:01:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did not ask any questions. I wrote on contract and changed the fees and added fees such as travel, cancellation, closed gate, extra signor, evening, no show, pages printed etc. I changed what I felt needed change to make reasonable not excessive. They did request the higher coverage on insurance which i did immediately. They called me and said it was accepted. After signing I billed them according to my schedule and they did not argue a dime. They paid me direct deposit. No problems. They do speak with heavy accent but after a while you understand it fine. They are very patient and explain every detail. Melroy even called me to tell me package was received and he said "Lucia, excellent job on the signing!". It was not necessary but very nice customer service. BTW their wanting everything a la carte increases the total due on many assignments but they save on small assignments. I enjoy their assignments. AltiSource is OK and so far I recommend them.
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  03:52:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDLD90

I agree they may not speak perfect English but they are very intelligent people and they solve the problems even if they need to call you back. The stuff they requested is not so unusual in any other business other than Notaries as far as independent contractors are concerned. They are reasonable requests except for additional insureds on insurance, notary policies don't do that but other insurance companies do without issues. It advises policy holders of lapses in coverage.

As for fees being non-negotiable. That is ridiculous. Just cross out what you don't agree with and put new amounts on contracts. They will either accept or reject you. They accepted mine and I love them. They said they would pay me in 30 days. I was paid in less than 2 weeks with no questions. Their online website is great.

LUCIA P. D.

Well, all due respect but when I submitted my info I was told the fees they offered were non-negotiable - if I did not agree to those fees I would not be called. As I posted previously, they apologized that we could not agree and I was not added to the database.

Linda
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

CDLD90

Florida
8 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2011 :  6:46:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree they may not speak perfect English but they are very intelligent people and they solve the problems even if they need to call you back. The stuff they requested is not so unusual in any other business other than Notaries as far as independent contractors are concerned. They are reasonable requests except for additional insureds on insurance, notary policies don't do that but other insurance companies do without issues. It advises policy holders of lapses in coverage.

As for fees being non-negotiable. That is ridiculous. Just cross out what you don't agree with and put new amounts on contracts. They will either accept or reject you. They accepted mine and I love them. They said they would pay me in 30 days. I was paid in less than 2 weeks with no questions. Their online website is great.

LUCIA P. D.
Go to Top of Page

pslnotary

Florida
31 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2011 :  3:12:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit pslnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Altisource is based in India. Everything they do is through their website. They are not completely up to speed on the order process yet and seem to make a lot of mistakes when it comes to scheduling, the feedback from buyers and real estate agents is not good. The fee they pay is fair everything I have done for them have been cash closings taking 15 minutes at the most. The fact that they are in India is bothersome to me though, they do not speak the language well and are very hard to understand and when you try to explain procedures to follow in this business they really do not understand what you are saying.

Just my feedback and opinion.

Dawn Steinhurst

Dawn Steinhurst
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2011 :  06:41:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"if they send an unlicensed or underinsured driver to their job and something goes wrong their insurance may ultimately be responsible"

That's not how it works. You are not an employee - you are an independent contractor. When acting as an IC, anything that happens while in or with YOUR vehicle is on you - not them. Nor are IC's covered by workers' comp insurance - because you're not an employee.

I really liked Jared and wouldn't mind getting in their database. Unfortunately, they wouldn't budge on any of the questions I raised, especially the fees. He said that was it and sorry it didn't work out. If they hold true to what they told me, then if you crossed out the fees and put in your own, don't expect to get called -IF they hold true.

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

CDLD90

Florida
8 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2011 :  3:07:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did not see the red flags which is unusual for me. I did notice the PO box address in Atlanta and the fax number in North Florida on the e-mail and find this unusual.

Their request for being a certificate holder is unusual for the notary business or E & O policies and they just don't do it but it is a very common practice for others such as mechanical and business contractors. It doesn't hurt you. The only thing it does is gives the holder notice in the event your policy gets canceled. Some may even request additional insured especially if they carry very high limits (1 mil or more)

The request for auto insurance and driver's license is also not such an unusual request for independent contractors. Their liability insurance may require that independent contractors they hire have their own insurance because although not their employee, if they send an unlicensed or underinsured driver to their job and something goes wrong their insurance may ultimately be responsible. If nothing ever happens and at audits they show that they collect such from anyone they use then they get discounts. That may also explain the higher insurance requirement for E & O. If there is not enough insurance then they could be responsible for difference. I would be cautious to be sure the extra insurance is not because they plan on doing wrong and making sure we can cover the "error".

As for their ridiculous payment schedule I have no problem crossing out and initialing changes to contracts with anything I disagree with. Add those travel, e-doc, print, no show, and all other fees you want to add to the contract. There is no such thing as non-negotiable fees. You either agree to the fees or change them. If they need you, they will pay your fee or find someone else.

LUCIA P. D.
Go to Top of Page

Les_CO

Colorado
32 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2011 :  09:59:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Les_CO's Homepage  Reply with Quote
These people obviously don’t have a clue about notary related anything, or the NSA business in general. Why would anyone work for someone like that, let alone extend them credit? In my opinion just another deadbeat waiting to happen.

Go to Top of Page

Lucille4044

Florida
18 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2011 :  4:04:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also received a packet from Altisource yesterday. I didn't like a lot of the items that they want, including a copy of my notary seal, which is illegal. Their prices aren't too good, either. I think that I will pass for now.

Lucille J. Frost
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2011 :  5:26:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.altisource.com/

Their website hides their contact information, but I found their address on BBB's site.

1 Ravinia Drive
Atlanta, GA 30346

BBB gives them a B, so that's a reasonably good sign.

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2011 :  12:10:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carm

Linda, Thank you for posting info about AltiSource. I filled out the vendor packet and kept it on my desk for about 3 weeks because of a red flag warning in their package which required that the Notary, who is an Independent Contractor, submit E & O Insurance showing Altisource as the CERTIFICATE HOLDER. Second red flag for me was that there was no address/phone #'s or fax # on the vendor pkg.
Their website was impressive, so after a few requests from them that I send them my vendor packet, I complied. Pablo Larrea sent me an email immediately after receiving my packet advising that they now require the following: Auto Ins. Certificate, Copy of my notary seal,and my car ins. certicate (I do not know the difference between a car ins cert & an auto ins cert?) Anyway, back to the red flag, so I attempted to contact their main office to see if they existed. It was an automated answering machine and I NEVER reached a live person. Altisource ia a Georgia Corp. and Pablo area code is the same as mine (407, which is in Central Florida. Thank you Linda, you helped to make up my mind to pass on this Company.

carm

Wow...now they want car insurance info? Do they know the definition of "Independent Contractor" ??

I've had companies ask for copies of my car insurance policy - I refuse - it's not their business.

Sending a copy of your notary seal is illegal - they should know that too..

One of the main things I didn't like about their packet was Section 13 - "Vendor will complete notarizations in accordance with instructions from the client" - sorry, but my notarizations are completed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida. I don't care HOW your client wants them done - the notary cert is MY domain...and, for me, THAT is non-negotiable.

Wondering how far this company is going to get. I'm also wondering if they either (a) took over Cogent; or (b) are a reincarnated Cogent. Maybe it's just coincidence that they come into the picture just as Cogent goes out - both out of GA -

I'll wait and see how they do - maybe they'll do well enough to be able to pay me my fees for services here in my area and not a base of $65, $25 for e-docs and BORROWER NO-SHOW $25 (yeah, right) .. that's similar to the NNA suggested fee schedule.

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah

Edited by - LindaH on 07/28/2011 12:12:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Florida
1 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2011 :  11:32:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, Thank you for posting info about AltiSource. I filled out the vendor packet and kept it on my desk for about 3 weeks because of a red flag warning in their package which required that the Notary, who is an Independent Contractor, submit E & O Insurance showing Altisource as the CERTIFICATE HOLDER. Second red flag for me was that there was no address/phone #'s or fax # on the vendor pkg.
Their website was impressive, so after a few requests from them that I send them my vendor packet, I complied. Pablo Larrea sent me an email immediately after receiving my packet advising that they now require the following: Auto Ins. Certificate, Copy of my notary seal,and my car ins. certicate (I do not know the difference between a car ins cert & an auto ins cert?) Anyway, back to the red flag, so I attempted to contact their main office to see if they existed. It was an automated answering machine and I NEVER reached a live person. Altisource ia a Georgia Corp. and Pablo area code is the same as mine (407, which is in Central Florida. Thank you Linda, you helped to make up my mind to pass on this Company.

carm
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Florida
1 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2011 :  11:07:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LindaH

They're new...so you won't find anything. I ended up not sending in my information because their fees are non-negotiable and their fee structure is lower than what I charge. So are their requirements - every piece of documentation they ask for is non-negotiable - at least according to the e-mail I just received a few minutes ago. Sorry, I don't give copies of my DL or my DL number to anyone.

Oh well -

Linda

carm
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2011 :  1:28:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They're new...so you won't find anything. I ended up not sending in my information because their fees are non-negotiable and their fee structure is lower than what I charge. So are their requirements - every piece of documentation they ask for is non-negotiable - at least according to the e-mail I just received a few minutes ago. Sorry, I don't give copies of my DL or my DL number to anyone.

Oh well -

Linda
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Florida
1 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2011 :  12:53:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone heard of this signing co: Altisource Portfolio Solutions? I was contacted by this company who found me through 123Notary. Does anyone know anything about, heard of, or worked with this company? I input thier name in the search for signing companies and got nothing back. I would like to find out what I can before I agree to work with them. Thanks for your help.

NotaryNovice
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.