123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Title Source
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

overquailified1

Nevada
23 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2017 :  06:21:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit overquailified1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Stopped working for them over a year ago as their procedures are designed for newbies as well as their fees. Have to say the packages for Quicken are the best I have ever worked with but the ridiculous process of accepting a job, confirming a job, being called 5 minutes before the closing to ask if I am "on time" is intrusive and insulting. What are you generally doing 5-10 minutes before the appointment? DRIVING! They pay the lowest fees, do not adjust for travel outside of your service area and their rigid babysitting procedures are something a true professional would feel are out of line. I too have had issues with them making changes to my docs after closings and then wanting to send me out again for their mistakes for free. Do not miss working with them at all as they do not appreciate experience or professionalism.
Go to Top of Page

Washington
3 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2017 :  07:21:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have worked for TitleSource for years. My favorite company out there. They pay by ACH weekly, I have never, and I say never been paid less then 100.00 for anything, and 150+ for Reverse Mortgages. Its true they don't pay for fax-backs, but they only require them rarely on a investment property. It does take me a extra 10 minutes to do a fax back, but the amount of work they give me,from a great paying company, I'll gladly accommodate that. When I signed with them I set my own fees. I don't understand the complaints on the defect system. Yes they want you to be free of defects, by double checking my documents before I leave the signing I have managed to remain defect free. The loan packages are very clean packages, well organized, pretty hard to make mistakes on. If your getting a bunch of defects from this company then maybe your in the wrong business.
Go to Top of Page

jkat

Michigan
15 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2016 :  07:56:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit jkat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I told them to not only check me as Inactive but to delete me from their database. I want to spend my time working for companies who respect and appreciate their notaries.
:

Go to Top of Page

sspeckin

Maine
13 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2015 :  10:47:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit sspeckin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Title Source is the BEST!

Go to Top of Page

jburkhalter

Texas
9 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2015 :  7:56:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone have issues with TSI altering your acknowledgement afterwards?

Title Source is owned by Quicken, so maybe that well help explain why Quicken is their main client. JMT Docs used to be the largest signing company vendor for TSI, and they pulled the plug on them. I did signings for both, even became the "ASP" notary for JMT, their elite and error-free notary group.

Title Source pays timely, the Schedulers are great. But, I came across a growing concern. They like to hire internal folks who start at entry-level and basically work up the ladder. That might be preferred in some industries, but not in title insurance. With that said, I got a rejection notice that I wrote my name over my signature on the Deed of Trust acknowledgement. After asking for a copy of the alleged error, I noticed my name was hand written by someone else and the document did not ask for a printed name to begin with. I've closed Quicken loans for 12 years, error free. After pointing this out, the process was robotic and several people followed up in queue and I would only do a new acknowledgement if they sent me the blank page, not an all-purpose attachment. I searched 4 counties online with other Quicken loans successfully recorded just like I have always done. Then, I came across a few more where other notary's acknowledgements were altered. This is not a County Clerk requirement, and the attorney firm (attorneys are required to prepare or bless ALL loans in Texas lending) did not prepare the instrument as they asked.

So, since a few of you had petty requests from them, I'd ask to have a copy of your alleged error sent to you and make sure you stick to your guns. Your CYA and diligence will be on your side.
Go to Top of Page

jocelynj

Utah
30 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2014 :  11:36:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Title Source is one of the best!

Jocelyn Waters
Go to Top of Page

esnotary

California
125 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2014 :  3:07:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit esnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did a Quicken closing for Title Source a few days ago. Then I get an email after faxing back the whole package for free (we don't pay for fax backs)saying "oh no, you made a mistake on one of your docs!" I drove over to the UPS hub where I had dropped the docs to correct my HUGE mistake....on the notarial evidence form I put a "-" instead of writing "n/a" on one of the lines at the top that didn't apply to me. Are you kidding me? Seemed awfully petty!

Go to Top of Page

Notary60101

Illinois
6 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2014 :  03:54:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you are right they have a thing about defects.. I was giving several in a week period - for their own negligence. spent hours on the phone to resolve -- they can be so picky with what they require but then sloppy with what they put out. The defects unreasonable weight - one defect -- borrower over sign can knock you down two tiers.

I've been doing closings for 15+yrs and I have a pretty good record regarding "defects", but there standards require perfection. Double standard since they aren't perfect --- they micro manage - calling in you have to talk to several different people before the right person who can answer your issue ...can be very in cumbersome.

There doesn't appear to be much logic with their scheduling team -- I will get calls saying its 15 miles but then when I look it up its not --they will then put if off on the lender - that its what they sent over, but why don't they check the location before sending -- zip codes should match the city --sometimes it a branch location and the branch doesn't know I coming, or isn't the right branch -- but they expect the Notary to figure and straighten it all out and complete the signing -- with no additional fee -- so many times I'm figuring out who I'm meeting and where the day of and with in hours of the appointment -- and I call all borrowers 24-48hurs before the appointment to introduce myself and confirm time and place.

Their fees obviously vary from area to area ..but being in the metro Chicago I think $65 is low ball, and they are stingy with increase due to extra efforts -- and they cut that in half if the borrower doesn't show or sign -- at no fault of the Notary.

It sad to say, but of the many title compaines they are in the top 10.

quote:
Originally posted by busynotary

Thank you for your feed back. I don't usually get calls from them because my fee is higher. I will do their low fee if it is Quicken and in my back yard only.

quote:
Originally posted by LindaH

quote:

BEWARE of the unprofessionalism of this company!!!
I was asked to take an assignment, 19 miles away in a city I didn't recognize, "Lakespur". I told Title Source it didn't sound right but I would accept it if it was 19 miles away. When I checked it "Larkspur" turned out to be 38 miles. So when they could not meet my fee of $100, I declined the assignment. Then they threatened me with a "defect" on my profile because I declined the assignment.

I'm surprised others feel they pay well. It appears they don't pay very well to me. They only wanted to pay me $65 initially and could only offer $85 for the 38 miles. This is my only experience with them and my last.
={ I don't play such games, I'm a professional.

Delores:

If I were you I'd write to Vendor Management and provide them with a complete fee schedule. Then when they call you for an assignment your fee is already known and approved. Just be aware you may not get a lot of calls from them if your fees are higher, but the calls you DO get will be at the fee you want.

They've never offered me $65 for anything. My fees are over $100 for this area except no-print Quicken, which is $100 - and I get that. No, I do not get the cattle calls through the app on my cell phone, but that's fine - I don't want them. I get phone calls and my fee is never ever argued.

I love Title Source. Have never been threatened with a defect due to my fees. I've been doing signings here in Florida for 8 years and they are one of the companies that really have their act together - at least for me. Try the above before you burn bridges - I think you'll be happy you did.

JMO and Good luck.

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell

Go to Top of Page

busynotary

Colorado
14 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2014 :  09:07:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your feed back. I don't usually get calls from them because my fee is higher. I will do their low fee if it is Quicken and in my back yard only.

quote:
Originally posted by LindaH

quote:

I was asked to take an assignment, 19 miles away in a city I didn't recognize, "Lakespur". I told Title Source it didn't sound right but I would accept it if it was 19 miles away. When I checked it "Larkspur" turned out to be 38 miles. So when they could not meet my fee of $100, I declined the assignment. Then they threatened me with a "defect" on my profile because I declined the assignment.

I'm surprised others feel they pay well. It appears they don't pay very well to me. They only wanted to pay me $65 initially and could only offer $85 for the 38 miles. This is my only experience with them and my last.

Delores:

If I were you I'd write to Vendor Management and provide them with a complete fee schedule. Then when they call you for an assignment your fee is already known and approved. Just be aware you may not get a lot of calls from them if your fees are higher, but the calls you DO get will be at the fee you want.

They've never offered me $65 for anything. My fees are over $100 for this area except no-print Quicken, which is $100 - and I get that. No, I do not get the cattle calls through the app on my cell phone, but that's fine - I don't want them. I get phone calls and my fee is never ever argued.

I love Title Source. Have never been threatened with a defect due to my fees. I've been doing signings here in Florida for 8 years and they are one of the companies that really have their act together - at least for me. Try the above before you burn bridges - I think you'll be happy you did.

JMO and Good luck.

Linda

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2014 :  04:10:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Delores:

JMO and Good luck.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

busynotary

Colorado
14 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2014 :  4:37:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

rhanthony

California
1 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2014 :  4:45:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was pleasantly interested in accepting signings from Title Source for various reasons, including the generous pay! I am the type of notary that will accommodate the borrower and follow all signing instructions to the letter, and I responsibly work around any technicalities that could interrupt/delay/interfere with a good signing. I believe the sameattention to detail should be taken in processing notary paperwork in order to pay vendors on time. I wondered if something was wrong with the signing when my direct deposit was missing when expected, although I have the original copy of the entire package I sent, which included my W9 an authorization for direct deposit processing. I expected payment by the first of March. Today is the ninth and I have still received no payment, although I was told they only mail checks, and my payment should be received by this past Friday or Saturday. No one has responded to my inquiries since I was told that this week.

Rhonda N D Anthony
Go to Top of Page

notary@postmanplus.com

Maryland
4 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2014 :  08:51:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit notary@postmanplus.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Title Source is by far, one of the best Signing Companies for which to work. Their organization and professionalism are top notch, and they always have your documents ready in time, to review and prepare ahead of time. If you just do what you're supposed to do, they do not micro-manage you at all, and their ACH Direct Pay Deposit is very quick and accurate. Also, their new phone app makes your job easier. I would highly recommend Title Source to any Signing Agent. They were also one of the only Signing Companies, that was at the 2013 NNA Annual Conference in Austin, TX. That was nice, as I got to meet some of the faces behind the phone calls. Their employees are all very courteous and helpful, and they are always available during a Signing, if you have questions at the Signing table. Keep it up Title Source, and keep the Signings coming my way.

Christopher Hall Bateman
Go to Top of Page

ALNOTARY

Alabama
50 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2013 :  03:41:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit ALNOTARY's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree w/ Jocelynj, they are a great company to work with and pay very well, but the same thing has has to me a couple of times, most recent was yesterday. Due to asking if a rescheduled time could be pushed back, while one called the brw (???)another rep called another notary. When TS called back, I accepted the 4:30pm and received an email that it was given to the other notary. I was very upset to say the least! Also, I was in a closing with shotty cell service when this occurred... They should really let the notary call the borrower to reschedule the time since the notary has already made contact with the borrower. This is the only company that I work with that does this. Also, if you miss a call from them and they don't leave a message, don't bother calling them back - the assignment has already been given to someone else!

Other than that, they are really good to work with and I have had no other issues!

Edited by - ALNOTARY on 07/25/2013 03:43:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lvnlavita

Virginia
4 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2013 :  10:25:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lvnlavita's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you are looking for the information on how to contact Quicken to apply to work for them, here it is:

Notaries

Name: Notary Recruiting Team
Phone: 888-784-2514
NotaryRecruiting@titlesource.co

Veta O. Wholey
Go to Top of Page

Ruth Simons

36 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2012 :  8:00:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ruth Simons's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Title Source is awesome to work with. They usually give you at least a few days notice on their assignments. Docs are always ready on time. Their main client has been Quicken, and I almost always am meeting with happy clients. Title Source recently started offering ACH for payment, and payment is now being received at around 25 days. They were always pretty quick with their payment, but it seems to be a little quicker using ACH.
Go to Top of Page

TexasRose

Texas
12 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2012 :  11:30:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have always had very good business relationship with them, they pay on time, and meet my fee. Very friendly staff and if I have a problem they are very accommodating. Would love to continue to receive their assignments.
Go to Top of Page

weetoeu247

North Carolina
13 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  4:08:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
B&K law firm excellent people to work with. always on the ball and super nice and professional.
Go to Top of Page

notarybill

California
24 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2012 :  12:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This company seems confused in their direction. I use to sign about 30 a month for them and worked well with their schedulers in odd time signing etc. Vendor Management thought since I was getting so many jobs that I needed to lower my already stupid low rate another $20.00. After a conversation with VM manager? I was dropped from their system altoghether. Interestingly I have received calls to do signings in the last month or two for them but never get the file or the ability to log into their system, or no return calls.
Go to Top of Page

notarybill

California
24 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2012 :  11:56:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try switching your print driver to a "universal" one. I had the same problem when I bought a new printer. It is how the PDF from Swft. is read.

Edited by - notarybill on 07/23/2012 11:57:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

beloved1213

39 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2012 :  2:11:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit beloved1213's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got an email to sign up with Title Source because they are looking for Notaries in the Illinois areas! Was a little hesitate, but when I spoke to Matt Peyser, the Notary recruiter he was very professional, instructed me accordingly & expressed all my concerns with their fees. I have decided to fax them all the necessary paperwork to be added to their database!

Go to Top of Page

catmama47

81 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2012 :  1:26:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit catmama47's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a great working relationship with this company. The customer service reps are knowledgeable, always eager to assist. I find their fee to be quite reasonable as compared to other signing companies. I always print out a set of loan docs for the borrower even though they say not to. I simply feel more comfortable making sure the borrower has a copy of what they have just signed, etc. And they pay on time, checks are good. I just wish they had more signings in my area.

Go to Top of Page

cw2usarmyret

Virginia
122 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2012 :  1:17:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any copies of docs that must be given to borrower are included as part of the package you print out. If cust wants a full hard copy set and dosen't want to or can't print it they can call and one will be sent. If not they can go to web site and print out set. Payment is around 25 to 30 days.
Go to Top of Page

mentalmi

Pennsylvania
37 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2012 :  12:42:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit mentalmi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I recently worked for this company and I questioned it when I was instructed not to print a copy for the borrower. The borrowers had received their copy via email as did I. I did verify it with the borrowers and they had printed out their own set prior to my arrival.

TMG NOTARY
PA
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2012 :  10:32:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cw2usarmyret

Since Quicken no longer sends a set of docs to borrowers anymore, all signings are now edocs. That means only one set, around 85 pages with only 4 or 5 docs to be notarized. The docs are very well produced. All places are clearly marked what needs to be signed with even the date pretyped on them. I've done these in 20 min (for those that have done this before with Quicken. (Longest was 45 min) So for $85 for 20 min and drop package off, great filler work if not much is going on.

I agree these are easy and I'd like more. But IMO you have to print a set for borrowers. If they tell you not to, how do they get around the requirements of the docs that must be left at the table. There are certain docs that must be provided to them at signing.

Just curious.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

akarasik

New Jersey
11 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2011 :  06:54:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just started getting calls from them. Any opinions on how they pay? 30 or 60 days? Or less?
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.