123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 All Service Notary & Signings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

tibertlm

Wyoming
8 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2013 :  9:11:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit tibertlm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can go to this website and register a complain with the CA SOS. Reference her name and notary commission #1999886

http://www.sos.ca.gov/webcontact/general/question.aspx
Go to Top of Page

tibertlm

Wyoming
8 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2013 :  8:10:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit tibertlm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
She currently works for Century 21 in Lincoln, CA. Here is her website: http://www.jan.mondragon.c21selectgroup.com/agents/About-Me

Jan contracted with me in May and June of 2011 to perform loan signings for three Reverse Mortgages as follows:

B*****s
File #2301-44806
Genworth loan #3000022302
Fee
$130

P****r
File #2301-45418
Wells Fargo loan #0321926594
Fee
$100

Mo*****se
File #2301-46440
Wells Fargo loan #0323172759
Fee
$125

At this time, she was doing business as:

Jan Mondragon

All Service Notary & Signings

P.O. Box 1655

Lincoln, CA 95648-1655

Phone: 916-797-0402

Fax: 916-778-7153

She has never responded to any form of communication over the last two years about why she never paid me for these.

She is listed as a California Notary with the following info, so is still an active Notary:

Mondragon, Jan

Po Box 1655 Lincoln CA 95648 -1655

County Code #31

Commission #1999886

Exp Date: 12/03/2016

I have learned during all of this, that she was already hiring notaries and not paying them for these assignments. At the time she hired me, she already knew she was not going to ever pay me. She agreed in writing to pay me and agreed to the stipulations that not doing so was a criminal act in defrauding a Public Official.
Go to Top of Page

Harding Goodman

Texas
3 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2011 :  09:53:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finally, after all the promises, calls, emails, turned it over to a Collection Agency and reported both Jan and her company to all three credit bureaus. Probably won't result in any payment, but I at least feel better.

An update on 10/10/11. I received a check in the correct amount from Jan on 10/7. I was surprised. But I commend her for following thru on her promises - even if it took a long time.

Edited by - Harding Goodman on 10/10/2011 08:16:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

n/a

1 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  1:15:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i've been playing the role of a collector and calling for payment on some signings i did for her back in june 2011. We're in september now and i still haven't been paid! I've been calling her and emailing her for weeks now, i've recently been calling her phone everyday at least 4x's a day, hopefully she'll answer or send me my payment soon! She is the worst person to do business with! Jan Mandragon, you should have your license revoked!
Go to Top of Page

Lucille4044

Florida
18 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2011 :  4:17:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did finally get paid from her. I can't remember just how long it was, but from my previous post it was over 70 days old. When I got a check, it was her personal check and I was afraid that it might come back to me, but it didn't. She had told me that she had been on vacation, I believe, and gave me the impression that she didn't know that I had sent past due notices to her. But I finally got paid, that is the main thing! I wonder who she is working for now?
Go to Top of Page

ammnotary

Texas
2 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2011 :  09:33:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am writing to let you know that if you are expecting payment that most likely the check will be returned for insufficient funds. Mine was returned yesterday and it was a little embarrassing for me to have my bank contact me on this issue.

Amc
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2011 :  3:31:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those of you owed money...

Info posted under a separate thread, copied and pasted here with the permission of the original poster, Shoshana Roller:

"Posted - 07/07/2011 : 2:58:41 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jan is no longer in the signing service biz. Her title company has terminated her. I guess you ought to contact her if you want to get paid. TC says they are not responsible since they paid her.

It's kind of sad that we have to go to these extremes to get paid what is due us.

Shoshana Roller "

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

California
8 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2011 :  2:53:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit 8702's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just an update. I just recieved a check from Jan Mondragon today after speaking to her last week. She replied to my email I sent regarding payment and me contacting the escrow service that she had contracted with for this closing. She was sorry about the delay and felt that it was Wells Fargo's payroll who dropped the ball. Either way, I have a check. Hope its good.
Go to Top of Page

vtnotary05

27 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2011 :  11:29:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wendy, scroll down and read my saga with Jan "Mondragon." From now one if anyone get's a call from her, get paid upfront!

quote:
Originally posted by 11268

Jan called me 3 weeks ago to tell me she is sorry she has been sick and a check will be out this week. (on a past due of well over 90 days)I have yet to receive the check. Why bother to call me Jan? Do not take any assignments from her.

Wendy Mills

Go to Top of Page

Nevada
4 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2011 :  11:09:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit 11268's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jan called me 3 weeks ago to tell me she is sorry she has been sick and a check will be out this week. (on a past due of well over 90 days)I have yet to receive the check. Why bother to call me Jan? Do not take any assignments from her.

Wendy Mills
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Illinois
19 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  7:02:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
<<Not sure what this disclaimer does to help any of you get paid but, for whatever reason, it was important to her that this be said.>>

Seriously, have to agree with you Linda...IMO, she needs to be paying her nsa's what is owed to them so that her name isn't smeared all over the notary boards!

Edited by - n/a on 06/05/2011 7:04:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  4:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 8702

I to completed a closing for Jan Mondragon, at All Service Notary in February. I have been given the big run around as you all have. I am also contacting Premier Reverse Closings in Rocklin, CA since they are responsible for hiring Jan. I hope I get through to them that they should never use her services again.

What a shame that Premier Reverse is now using SS's...they used to contract with me directly and were a dream to work with. Maybe your contacting them about this will have them re-thinking this business decision. We can hope...

Linda
Go to Top of Page

California
8 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  1:05:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit 8702's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I to completed a closing for Jan Mondragon, at All Service Notary in February. I have been given the big run around as you all have. I am also contacting Premier Reverse Closings in Rocklin, CA since they are responsible for hiring Jan. I hope I get through to them that they should never use her services again.
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2011 :  1:37:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just received a phone call from Jan Mondragon regarding this thread and my posts...

For the record, I've never worked for her or her company. My comments were general in nature as far as collection efforts are concerned. I stand by my statements.

Not sure what this disclaimer does to help any of you get paid but, for whatever reason, it was important to her that this be said.

And to Jan - please do not ever call me again.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Lucille4044

Florida
18 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  3:19:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a reverse mortgage for All Services Notary & Signings on March 3, 2011. I faxed them twice to let them know that they are past due, as if they don't know. It has been 70 days now and I still have not heard from them. I have done previous signings for them with no problem. I definitely will not do another signing for them.

Lucille J. Frost
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  1:16:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Midlandgolf

I did a last minute Rev Mort on Jan. 25 and still have not received payment. I e-mailed twice and called. If I don't receive payment by next week I will contact the lo.

Why wait til next week? You're already over 90 days - no need to wait any longer. Not sure how much help the LO is going to be to you -as long as you're sure the loan you closed did record (and therefore, it funded) I'd be contacting title and letting them know I haven't been paid - and sending demand letters to the company AND title with a final date for payment...

Linda

Edited by - LindaH on 05/06/2011 1:18:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Midlandgolf

Colorado
3 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  10:33:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a last minute Rev Mort on Jan. 25 and still have not received payment. I e-mailed twice and called. If I don't receive payment by next week I will contact the lo.
Go to Top of Page

vtnotary05

27 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2011 :  05:43:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To clariify, "the closing took place on January 31st."
The email transaction regarding payment took place on February 27th.

I'm done with these half-a$$ed companies. If they're not one of my regulars, they get the following speech (that being, after I inquire about their payment policy) "if I have to chase down my payment I will file an complaint with the secretary of state, on you and the lender."

This seems to work, as two things happen,i.e. i get paid, and secondly the last thing they want to do is ban B.o.A or any other lender from doing business in the state.

But like I said, it's becoming a huge HASSLE!
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2011 :  12:25:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bsnoopster

UPDATE-I receieved the check from Jan Mondragon yesterday as promised via Wells Fargo. I haven't deposited it yet but it looks like an official bank issued check so I don't expect any issues.

To VTnotary05: No, you are not having an off week, it is frustrating beyond belief! I use to be in awe that a company would knowingly hire you knowing they have no intention of paying but after closing almost 7000 loans, I am no longer in awe.

To LindaJ: You state that the only thing I need to know is did the security instrument get recorded. Actually, while that is interesting, it isn't what I need to know. The thing I need to know is did I do my job correctly AND if so, when will my payment go out! I appreciate your comments, but my strategy gets action, whether I call the borrowers or not. My bottom line is I will do whatever it takes to get my fee. And no offense (after all, we are all on the same side, getting paid) but if she may "possibly lose the title company as a client"...isn't that sort of the point! You can use whatever strategy you want and believe me, I've tried them all, but I'll use whatever technique I need to in order to get paid.

I'll keep you posted if I have any issues with the check that I received.

I think a good idea for this and other Notary Forums would be to issue an abbreviated monthly update that we can printout and keep with us regarding negative issues with companies...maybe a grading system like a 1 to 10 type of thing. Just a thought.

My point about losing the title company was not made out of sympathy for her - yes that IS the point - that's why I said report to the title company and drag title into it via their state regulatory agency. They won't be happy she's not paying the notaries and maybe, just maybe, she WILL lose them as a client - eventually putting her out of business.

Read my entire statement about the security instrument: That's IS really all you need to know because if what YOU notarized did record, then your loan funded and, as I said, barring notary error you should be paid in full.

And we'll have to agree to disagree but returning to the borrowers to address this company's nonpayment issues is wrong - they've paid your fee. They have no business relationship with All Service Notary or this Jan Mondragon so they have no responsibility to pay you or help you get paid. There's no recourse against them.

I may not have 7000 closings under my belt but I've been in this business for over 25 years - been doing loan signings for almost 5 here in Florida - only 2 unpaid invoices....one closed its doors as an LLC here (no recourse) and one is in bankruptcy....so I guess my system's working pretty well too.

And yes, we're all on the same side...and this company's business practices are ... well, bad. I appreciate reading what everyone has gone through and how it was resolved and I know better than to answer the phone for them thanks to all of you ... :)

Linda
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2011 :  12:10:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lee-AR

OP said signing was on 12/13 and 'dacheckisindamail' on 2/27

Two different posters, Lee....bsnoopster (the OP) and vtnotary05 (who had the 2/27 discussion)..

Linda
Go to Top of Page

bsnoopster

21 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2011 :  09:00:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit bsnoopster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"dacheckisindamail"...good one! LOL
Go to Top of Page

bsnoopster

21 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2011 :  08:58:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit bsnoopster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
UPDATE-I receieved the check from Jan Mondragon yesterday as promised via Wells Fargo. I haven't deposited it yet but it looks like an official bank issued check so I don't expect any issues.

To VTnotary05: No, you are not having an off week, it is frustrating beyond belief! I use to be in awe that a company would knowingly hire you knowing they have no intention of paying but after closing almost 7000 loans, I am no longer in awe.

To LindaJ: You state that the only thing I need to know is did the security instrument get recorded. Actually, while that is interesting, it isn't what I need to know. The thing I need to know is did I do my job correctly AND if so, when will my payment go out! I appreciate your comments, but my strategy gets action, whether I call the borrowers or not. My bottom line is I will do whatever it takes to get my fee. And no offense (after all, we are all on the same side, getting paid) but if she may "possibly lose the title company as a client"...isn't that sort of the point! You can use whatever strategy you want and believe me, I've tried them all, but I'll use whatever technique I need to in order to get paid.

I'll keep you posted if I have any issues with the check that I received.

I think a good idea for this and other Notary Forums would be to issue an abbreviated monthly update that we can printout and keep with us regarding negative issues with companies...maybe a grading system like a 1 to 10 type of thing. Just a thought.

Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2011 :  08:57:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OP said signing was on 12/13 and 'dacheckisindamail' on 2/27

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2011 :  07:05:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think she was referring to her discussion about payment occurring on February 27, 2011, not the signing (which is a coup in itself since that was a Sunday)...I believe she's saying she was told *on 2/27* that payment was going out that day.

I'm curious when the closing took place.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

PWinFL

Florida
469 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2011 :  05:06:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit PWinFL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vtnotary05

BTW this all took place on February 27th, 2011. So, you'd think I'd get a check in a couple of days... but noooo.... March 6th, I sent her another email inquiring as to where and when was the check mailed.

You can't be serious. Looking for payment to be in your hands in a week! I'm not defending this person, but I think your rant is quite a bit premature. Standard business payments are typically net 30. So if you did the signing and submitted your invoice on 2/27, I wouldn't expect payment until 3/27 at the earliest, assuming there were no other indication that payment would be made sooner or later.

Never drive any faster than your guardian angel can fly.

I am not an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Florida,
and I may not give legal advice or accept fees for legal advice.

Visit us online at http://www.PAWnotary.com
Go to Top of Page

bsnoopster

21 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2011 :  08:42:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit bsnoopster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did a reverse mortgage for this company on 12/13/10 and have not received payment. I have tried via phone and email to get in touch but Jan Mondragon of All Service Notary & Signings has not returned my messages. Does anyone have any history with Jan Mondragon or All Service Notary & Signings? Also, the lender was Genworth Financial Home Equity Access Inc., Rancho Cordova, CA and the title company was PRC NOR CAL Division of Placer Title Co., Rocklin CA. Any info on any of the above would be extremely helpful in my pursual of payment? Thanks!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.