123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Other
 JMT - Quicken Refis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

overquailified1

Nevada
23 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2017 :  06:31:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit overquailified1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Turn down a TitleSource request and just wait. JMT will call later for the same job with a lower fee and even more intrusive steps to deal with. I have blocked their calls from my phone.
Go to Top of Page

jdavisva

Virginia
67 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2013 :  3:46:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too deal with mountains and 2 lane roads...

quote:
Originally posted by Lee-AR

Yep...always more than $50. My fee for this also would have been $125. I deal with mountains and 2 lane roads also. 35 miles is about a 1 hr. trip. I get Quickens from TS and 2 other SS. JMT calls, but rarely meets my fee whereas the others do. Go figure.

If you don't value your time and experience, nobody else will.

Go to Top of Page

Christine

Oklahoma
21 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2013 :  1:09:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jdavisva

JMT contacted me today for my first proposal signing with them after signing up with them earlier this week. They asked me to travel 35 miles one way for $50 with documents overnighted (Quicken). I turned down the price because of the distance. I quoted the rep my price. He said they had others calls to make and they would call be back if needed. I am the closest rotary notaries near the signing and wonder if they will call me back. Has anyone gotten more from them due to long travel distances? If it would have been close, I would have took the job immediately. I'm a newbie and want to get started!

Great effort, Jessica. You were wise to pass on the very low offer . . . Yes, it is good to gain experience when you are new; however, you may want to buy/review [from a library] Laura Vestanen's book "Marketing Your Non-Loan Notary Services." It will help you gain some notarial experience, but also help you to 'level out' the peaks and valleys between loan signing engagements. I am on my second read and gain something new each time I review it.

Also, she has posted on LinkedIn a summation of how to calculate your cost of doing business, which will guide you in your pricing structure per job. It included a sample calculation with:

Your time
Car
Business insurance
Vehicle insurance
Computers and other equipment
Cell phone
Commission & supplies
Tax and licenses
Advertising

Best wishes for your new business!

Have a great day!
Christine Oldham BS PMP CNSA

www.BrokenArrowMobileNotary.com
Go to Top of Page

jdavisva

Virginia
67 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2013 :  10:10:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for the help and encouragement.
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2013 :  04:21:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep...always more than $50. My fee for this also would have been $125. I deal with mountains and 2 lane roads also. 35 miles is about a 1 hr. trip. I get Quickens from TS and 2 other SS. JMT calls, but rarely meets my fee whereas the others do. Go figure.

If you don't value your time and experience, nobody else will.
Go to Top of Page

BisbeeNotary

Arizona
16 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2013 :  1:43:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would have charged at least $125. You need to take into account your driving time, mileage expense ($.55/mile), the time to do the signing, review the docs afterward, and then the time and distance to take the docs to the overnight shipping service.
Go to Top of Page

jdavisva

Virginia
67 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2013 :  8:05:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it would have been a 70 mile radius total and I thought it was far especially in my neck of the hills that is curvy and takes longer to get places due to mountains.
I am new and hope I am being fair. I told them my fee was $100. :)
I think we all need to keep our prices up and stick together as we are all in it to make money.
I'm listening and taking in all advice. Thank you!

quote:
Originally posted by LindaH

35 miles isn't all that far - I do that a lot around here. But $50 is ridiculous.

My fee for that job would have been $100 (Quickens are small packages and since overnighted, no printing)

JMO

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2013 :  6:55:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
35 miles isn't all that far - I do that a lot around here. But $50 is ridiculous.

My fee for that job would have been $100 (Quickens are small packages and since overnighted, no printing)

JMO

Linda
Go to Top of Page

jdavisva

Virginia
67 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2013 :  4:39:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JMT contacted me today for my first proposal signing with them after signing up with them earlier this week. They asked me to travel 35 miles one way for $50 with documents overnighted (Quicken). I turned down the price because of the distance. I quoted the rep my price. He said they had others calls to make and they would call be back if needed. I am the closest rotary notaries near the signing and wonder if they will call me back. Has anyone gotten more from them due to long travel distances? If it would have been close, I would have took the job immediately. I'm a newbie and want to get started!
Go to Top of Page

cw2usarmyret

Virginia
122 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  04:34:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
About JMT and Title Source. I talked with the Title Source recruiter, they split their assignments between JMT and themself. JMT isn't just Quicken, (Example I did a GMAC Refin for Title Source through JMT). In SW Virginia Title Source is taken on NSAs. I have my 1st Title Source signing next week (JP Morgan Refin). The WEB site for Title Source said Min. 2 years exp as NSA, but apprently they need NSAs in Virgina (at least in SW Va). Yes Quicken packets are short and neat. Compared to a 144 page packet with some 3rd and 4th gen copies of forms, that I did for one Title company. I have been getting the Quicken assinments where you need to print out one set (all legal size). $25 plus the basic $50. My cost to print the 80 pages or so is about $3.25.
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2011 :  5:26:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, thanks, Renee. I didn't know that!
All these years and still learning~~

Go to Top of Page

Renee

Michigan
549 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  05:14:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Renee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
dawnrin: Might be because Quicken owns Titlesource.
Go to Top of Page

esnotary

California
125 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  8:46:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit esnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I still work regularly for JMT and their Quicken Loans. They pay 50$ for overnight docs to the borrower, I'm there for maybe 20-30 minutes and the documents are always correct. I do not travel more than 10 miles to do these loans, and they pay on a great schedule. When edocs are involved, I only have to print one set, usually around 60 or so pages, and they pay $75. I'm happy with JMT.

Go to Top of Page

dawnrin

Illinois
12 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2011 :  5:21:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit dawnrin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What is happening with JMT with the Quicken Loans is that Title Source (the title company that all of the Quicken Loan docs that I've ever dealt with) is now hiring the notaries directly and are slowly taking all Quicken business away from JMT. Title Source pays $65 for overnighted docs. I never have to go more than 15 miles one way and I'm in and out of the borrower's home in 30 minutes or less. You don't need copies of ID's nor do you have to fax back anything at all. The loan packages are never more than 80 pages, so $65 isn't a bad deal at all. After you are done with the closing, you call their automated phone line (like JMT has you do) and that's that (no faxing of anything back to them for payment either). So, if you are looking to sign up with JMT and they are not looking for notaries, it's because they do not have enough business anymore to warrant taking on more notaries.
Go to Top of Page

Chuckd80

7 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2011 :  5:23:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Linda!!!
quote:
Originally posted by LindaH

Chuck - it's J.M.T. Document Services...

1700 SO COURT STREET
SUITE E
Visalia, CA 93277

Business: 800.610.3169
Fax: 559.627.2524
E-mail: docs@jmtdocs.com

Linda

Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2011 :  03:29:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've tried to sign up with JMT a couple of times - each time they send me a reply that basically says "we regret to inform you we are not in need of notaries in your area. We apprecaiate your interest.."

CopperheadVA

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2011 :  03:18:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chuck - it's J.M.T. Document Services...

1700 SO COURT STREET
SUITE E
Visalia, CA 93277

Business: 800.610.3169
Fax: 559.627.2524
E-mail: docs@jmtdocs.com

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Chuckd80

7 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2011 :  8:47:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steele, how can I sign-up with these guys? Can't find them online. I'm a new Notary trying to get in the business.
quote:
Originally posted by Steele

quote:
Originally posted by egw91145

Just turned down a JMT Quicken refi, they wanted to pay me $50. My fee with them had always been $75 and they said I changed last month. I don't recall doing such a dumb thing. Anyhow, Quicken pays $75 for overnighted docs and $100 if I print the docs. I do 10-15 a month for them and the fee has never varied.

EGW

Really? I am an experienced notary of 6 years and they have always paid me $50 and $75 for email docs. Some notaries think they are too good to accept $75 for a very easy set of loan docs. Better think about the economy and appreciate the work.

Go to Top of Page

Steele

California
21 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2011 :  9:44:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steele's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Just turned down a JMT Quicken refi, they wanted to pay me $50. My fee with them had always been $75 and they said I changed last month. I don't recall doing such a dumb thing. Anyhow, Quicken pays $75 for overnighted docs and $100 if I print the docs. I do 10-15 a month for them and the fee has never varied.

EGW

Really? I am an experienced notary of 6 years and they have always paid me $50 and $75 for email docs. Some notaries think they are too good to accept $75 for a very easy set of loan docs. Better think about the economy and appreciate the work.

Go to Top of Page

Steele

California
21 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2011 :  9:42:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steele's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

EGW

Go to Top of Page

Chuckd80

7 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2011 :  3:39:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
EGW, how can I sign-up with these guys? I can't find them on the internet.

Thanks
quote:

EGW

Go to Top of Page

egw91145

Florida
62 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2011 :  1:38:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

EGW
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2011 :  11:02:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, it wasn't o/n, but I have received $90. Excess travel fee was NOT a factor in this one.

Go to Top of Page

lightk

Alabama
108 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2011 :  10:26:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit lightk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have worked with JMT for a number of years because the Quicken documents are almost ALWAYS correct, delivered to the borrower, payment is on time every time.

They have paid $50 for years.

The only reason I handle these is because they are so good to work with, you always know what to expect.

What are they paying you? Is anyone getting over $50 for Quicken refi overnighted to borrowers?

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.