123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 TRG Title Resourse Group
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BigLar

Minnesota
15 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  2:56:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great to work with/for. Good clean docs, nice folks. Fast pay.

Recommend them.

Laurence

Laurence
Go to Top of Page

mentalmi

Pennsylvania
37 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  07:00:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit mentalmi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great to work with. Did a signing on 6-15-11 and was paid on
6-23-11...Worked with them before that and always the same. Pays fast and very professional to deal with.
Go to Top of Page

Massachusetts
10 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  3:08:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit 16499's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reginajbrown

Oh, I just remembered, I forgot to complete my thought on securing more title biz. You simply dial for dollars and think local. Have a Notary Credentials Pack already made up to shoot over to the person you've talked to in Vendor Management. A Notary Credentials Pack is simply a PDF of your Notary License, E & O (min $100K), Background Screened Signing Agent Certificate from the National Notary Association and a signed W-9). With the W-9, Title does not worry about whether the date is today's date; just as long as it's dated for the current year.

OK, gotta run. Have a great rest of the day.

gi

Thank you for all your help Regina. I will contact Pat Gallager at TRG. They are the only company I have had much trouble with.
Go to Top of Page

reginajbrown

Pennsylvania
4 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  12:22:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit reginajbrown's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh, I just remembered, I forgot to complete my thought on securing more title biz. You simply dial for dollars and think local. Have a Notary Credentials Pack already made up to shoot over to the person you've talked to in Vendor Management. A Notary Credentials Pack is simply a PDF of your Notary License, E & O (min $100K), Background Screened Signing Agent Certificate from the National Notary Association and a signed W-9). With the W-9, Title does not worry about whether the date is today's date; just as long as it's dated for the current year.

OK, gotta run. Have a great rest of the day.

gi
Go to Top of Page

reginajbrown

Pennsylvania
4 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  12:05:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit reginajbrown's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I really do not like dealing with Signing Co.'s because you absolutely have no recourse. And they can go out of business or do you any way they want to at any time. Signing Co.'s pretty much do not have the ability to put you on the HUD. You need to be dealing with Title directly for that. If you begin to start getting Title Co. clients, at least you will have more recourse.

With Title Co.'s you should always pay attention to who their underwriter is (you know, the surety company who underwrites them). The Owners Aff, Affiliated business Disclosure and a couple other docs in the package will tell who their Underwriter is.

Contact this fellow. I think he's higher up than Stephanie;

Attn: Pat Gallagher
TRG Settlement Services, LLP
3001 Leadenhall road
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054-4609
P: 866-512-2567

I sent my invoice directly to him and I got paid fast. Calmly tell him your situation. If he takes the time to help you, your problem will be solved. I've prayed for Pat to help you. Let's see what happens.

When you get a Title Co. that is slow pay, going against the promise they made you - and you're getting no where, at the very last resort, you contact their underwriter. And in 6 yrs of closing loans I never had to go to that extent. My own Real Estate Attorney told me that one.

Now in your case TRG Settlement Services, LLP does have a business relationship with Title Resources Guaranty Company. Google the Guarantee and the website will list all the team players and their capacity.

Of course, there comes a time when you say, I'm spending too much time chasing this money and I'm going to have to forget about it and let it go. I have learned to say no even, even to some title Companies, if they do not pass my qualification test via the initial telephone contact. again, go with your gut feeling. In the long run, I believe you'll be spared time money and aggravation.

I'm hoping that you and other Notaries come meet me on Facebook. Just look up Regina J Brown or go to:

facebook.com/reginajbrown.

I love teaching and mentoring so from time to time, I hold free Sat. morning Conference calls which are taped for Notaries to call back and listen to again and again- No need to take notes.

There is so much more I would like to pour out but time ids of the essence. I've got another project I'm working on.

Take care and let's keep in touch,

gi

Regina J Brown
www.APeacefulMindNow.com
www.APeacefulMind.biz
Go to Top of Page

Massachusetts
10 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  10:47:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit 16499's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reginajbrown

Try:

Stephanie Botterbrodt
Title Resource Group
Notary Coordinator
888-485-3438 x89660
Stephanie.Botterbrodt@trgc.com
M-F11:30AM-8PM EST

Now, when you call her up be very nice and tell her you were referred to her by Regina Brown out of Philly, PA. I believe she will help you or get you to someone who can. She's nice. Tell her you think you got accidently dropped between the cracks and that you know she needs a twin, but could she please look into it for her. Tell her you really need your money and would appreciate anything she could do for you. That's it.
Let's say she says she'll look into it for you. Follow up with a 'Thank You' email, that will read like this:

"RE: Open Invoice on XYZ Borrower

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you so very much for taking the time out of your usy schedule to assit me in closing the open invoice on XYZ Borrower, File #:33344, Loan #: 3333333. Your time is extremely valuable and I respect it. Thanks again for taking time out to help me clear up this matter".

Just be patient. If you don't hear back from her in within 3 days follow up with another phone call and email.

Convenient Closing Services is the Signing Co. for Title Resource Group. My 1st experience with them was a little rocky. They called me on 12/31/10, New year's Eve at ~ 11 AM for a for a late-night (8 PM) closing. I got the docs by 1:40 PM but nobody told me it was a Piggy-Back (2 loans). Their paperwork was neat and clean however; no crazy redundancy. I had only charged for one Signing($150). So, I made more than one call trying to get that straightened out. In the end, the HUD was wrong according to the borrower and the signing was cancelled but nobody from Convenient Closing Services nor TRG called me. I found out last minute after touching base with the borrower; not good.

Fast Forward to 01/03/11. I was called and told that the loan docs were re-drawn and asked if I wanted to close the said loan. I told Stephanie I would. She asked me how much would my fee be and I said $$299; accepted. I then told her that I wanted to be paid immediately following disbursement; agreed. You should always make a Signing or Title Co. put stuff like this in the confirmation, although I didn't this time but plan to in the future. You must follow your gut feeling (God blesses us with that gift) and act accordingly. I was paid by 01/12/11 (2nd home - No RTC).

Most Title Co.'s do not allow you to go on the HUD (they pay internally), but politely and firmly state that you want to go on the HUD when you're initially negotiating.

Before I do another cosing for them I will have them agree to and include my stips (the following should be stated in the confirmation: fee of $150.00 to be mailed or overnighted to you at time of disbursement - verbally confirm ink color and say no 'Fax Backs, Right?'). Then I will print out docs and close the loan.

I hope this helps. I've invested time in you and now when you get an opportunity to do good for someone else, do it. God loves a cheerful giver and will bless you for it.

Regards,

gi

Thank you Regina for your extensive and informative reply to my post regarding non-payment from Title Resource Group.

First of all wow they were paying you $150 per signing. I am chasing them for $90 for a mortgage signing. I did all that you recommended in the beginning after going 6 weeks without a payment ( it is now 3 1/2 months ). I had told Stephanie Botterbrodt and she told me to fax everything again to her, bill, w-9 etc and she would get it paid. Well nothing ever happened. I have emailed her many times, left messages on her voice mail (she doesn't pick up the phone). When I finally got someone to pick up the phone at TRG, they told me to email accounting/business office at TRGccsnotaryrequest@trgc.com. They have not replied to any of my emails. I just wanted to post and let other notaries to beware of them.

I will use your advice in the future regarding making (any signing company) put me on the HUD or insist that they pay upon disbursement ( and have them put that in the signing instructions they send). Along with them confirming ink color and "no fax backs right?" Also, my fee will never again be a mere $90. It is not worth the stress of continually receiving docs at the last minute and having to put aside other jobs because of this.

I can't believe I have to go through this for $90 but it is now a point to not let them get away with this on other notaries. We do everything for them. They just click and send the docs. We take all the responsibility.

Go to Top of Page

reginajbrown

Pennsylvania
4 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  05:13:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit reginajbrown's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Try:

Stephanie Botterbrodt
Title Resource Group
Notary Coordinator
888-485-3438 x89660
Stephanie.Botterbrodt@trgc.com
M-F11:30AM-8PM EST

Now, when you call her up be very nice and tell her you were referred to her by Regina Brown out of Philly, PA. I believe she will help you or get you to someone who can. She's nice. Tell her you think you got accidently dropped between the cracks and that you know she needs a twin, but could she please look into it for her. Tell her you really need your money and would appreciate anything she could do for you. That's it.
Let's say she says she'll look into it for you. Follow up with a 'Thank You' email, that will read like this:

"RE: Open Invoice on XYZ Borrower

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you so very much for taking the time out of your usy schedule to assit me in closing the open invoice on XYZ Borrower, File #:33344, Loan #: 3333333. Your time is extremely valuable and I respect it. Thanks again for taking time out to help me clear up this matter".

Just be patient. If you don't hear back from her in within 3 days follow up with another phone call and email.

Convenient Closing Services is the Signing Co. for Title Resource Group. My 1st experience with them was a little rocky. They called me on 12/31/10, New year's Eve at ~ 11 AM for a for a late-night (8 PM) closing. I got the docs by 1:40 PM but nobody told me it was a Piggy-Back (2 loans). Their paperwork was neat and clean however; no crazy redundancy. I had only charged for one Signing($150). So, I made more than one call trying to get that straightened out. In the end, the HUD was wrong according to the borrower and the signing was cancelled but nobody from Convenient Closing Services nor TRG called me. I found out last minute after touching base with the borrower; not good.

Fast Forward to 01/03/11. I was called and told that the loan docs were re-drawn and asked if I wanted to close the said loan. I told Stephanie I would. She asked me how much would my fee be and I said $$299; accepted. I then told her that I wanted to be paid immediately following disbursement; agreed. You should always make a Signing or Title Co. put stuff like this in the confirmation, although I didn't this time but plan to in the future. You must follow your gut feeling (God blesses us with that gift) and act accordingly. I was paid by 01/12/11 (2nd home - No RTC).

Most Title Co.'s do not allow you to go on the HUD (they pay internally), but politely and firmly state that you want to go on the HUD when you're initially negotiating.

Before I do another cosing for them I will have them agree to and include my stips (the following should be stated in the confirmation: fee of $150.00 to be mailed or overnighted to you at time of disbursement - verbally confirm ink color and say no 'Fax Backs, Right?'). Then I will print out docs and close the loan.

I hope this helps. I've invested time in you and now when you get an opportunity to do good for someone else, do it. God loves a cheerful giver and will bless you for it.

Regards,

gi
Go to Top of Page

Massachusetts
10 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2011 :  12:40:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit 16499's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did a signing for TRG (Title Resource Group) October 14th 2010. It is now over 3 months and I have not been paid. They do not return emails or phone calls regarding my fee. Wondering if they are still in business.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.