123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Global Notary
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

peanut20

Minnesota
38 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2013 :  2:46:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im just amazed that anyone would do there closings for 60 $ . They have monster size packages, all on legal, and 30-50 page fax backs. If everyone would say no they might change. Ive caught on a couple of HUD's there fee from title, its 175.00 and they want to pay 60. So we do the work and they get 66% of the fees. Ive done about 10 closings for them over the past couple of years but demand 125.00 and once in a while when they have no choice they pay it. But 125 is still a bit low for 160+ package with fax backs. Even you newbs, you need to say NO. Your not making any profit, and you lose out if you get a call from a better SS or title co. and your booked with Global.

john
Go to Top of Page

malbroughnotary

Louisiana
2 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  10:13:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit malbroughnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They contacted me Friday at 3pm to do a refi for a relatively low fee. I stated my fee and they said they had to get it approved. No problem. They called me back and approved it with my fax back fee also. Excellent! I instructed them I need docs 2 hours prior to go over them and make sure they didn't miss anything for Louisiana statutes (our laws are radically different as most of you know). They said no problem. 5:30 pm no docs and I let them know via email I could not do it.

They called back at approximately 7pm a little frantic and slightly upped my fee which is always welcome. I again reiterated what I had previously. I was assured I'd have docs that night. Morning arrives, no docs and no email or call. It is now noon and I'm heading out for my scheduled assignments. Again, I had to send an email telling them I regret to have to cancel, but they never sent me anything. I can't sit around and wait. I'd be late for client and lose money. That's unprofessional and not what I do with others I am in a business negotiation with.

Communication - poor. And, I was looking forward to doing business with them.

Ryan A. Malbrough, Civil Law Notary
(504) 329-9462
http://www.malbroughnotary.com
malbroughnotary@gmail.com
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2012 :  12:28:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smgregus

They called me and said they pay $60 for edocs, and said they have no problems getting notaries to work for this fee. How could you make any money? These notaries must be inexperienced. I don't know any notary who would accept those fees. I told them to take me off their calling list!

How could you make any money?

I guess money could be made and a certain blackballing in the industry by:

Telling the borrower to print the docs.

Asking them to go to and meet you at a location near you - perhaps a nice restaurant where they pick up the tab.

Having them complete everything (but the sigs) prior to going to your location.

Upon completion having them drop the package at FedEx.

Almost forgot - instruct them to call the signing service to report completion and rave about how wonderful you were!

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

smgregus

California
2 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2012 :  4:18:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They called me and said they pay $60 for edocs, and said they have no problems getting notaries to work for this fee. How could you make any money? These notaries must be inexperienced. I don't know any notary who would accept those fees. I told them to take me off their calling list!
Go to Top of Page

BrandonH

Texas
30 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2012 :  1:23:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit BrandonH's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been doing signings with Global for a minute. They usually pay on time.

They do "babysit" the notaries though.

Rated #1 in Central Texas
www.notarynowtexas.com
Go to Top of Page

Conniek

Oregon
78 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  10:45:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have signed one signing and was paid but called for another sign. Agreed on fee but docs were delayed and signing time came and went. I contacted client and told them I was sorry but was going to have to cancel no docs and no idea when. Noted other Notaries have not been paid...I was in fear of non-pay. Hope they can get a better ratings by notaries!!

ConnieK's Oregon Mobile Notary
Go to Top of Page

esnotary

California
125 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2011 :  6:38:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit esnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did several closings for them in December. They wanted to low ball fees, but I don't budge. 125 for edocs seemed like too little for the size of their packages! They did pay on time however.

Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  08:41:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
$75 for a 160 pg. edoc? Way too little.

Go to Top of Page

bones67

Washington
30 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2011 :  9:45:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit bones67's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have worked for Global Notary almost 3 years and they have always treated me fairly. They have always done what they promised and I get paid on the 27th of each month. The pay isn't the best but they use me alot which helps when payday comes around.
Bones
quote:
Originally posted by bones67

quote:
Originally posted by libby123

I have worked with Global Notary for about 1 year now and from my experience they have been wonderful to work for. They have always paid and for the most part have always met my fee. The staff is excellent!

Go to Top of Page

bones67

Washington
30 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2011 :  9:43:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit bones67's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by libby123

I have worked with Global Notary for about 1 year now and from my experience they have been wonderful to work for. They have always paid and for the most part have always met my fee. The staff is excellent!

Go to Top of Page

yvonne1134

California
13 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2011 :  1:16:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have worked for them, I jhave just started doing business with them. They are cheap, they want to pay $60 for edocs. The packages are usually 120-160 pages per set. I have managed to negotiate $75 per edoc signing which isn't really enough. Evidently, as an example all of the work you do in December, would pay January 20th. All the work done in January would pay February 20th...etc. Well today's mail for the 26th has come and no check from Global. I just called and they said the checks went out on the 20th from their California office, to my California home...Not sure what is taking so long, tomorrow will be 7 mail days.

yvonne boyd
Go to Top of Page

libby123

5 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2010 :  2:30:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

mapsypam

North Carolina
42 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2010 :  1:15:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have worked for them twice and had no problems at all getting paid-they pay within 30 days both times.

Pamela Philyaw
Go to Top of Page

surferwoman1

11 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  9:51:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit surferwoman1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They are a cheap company and very slow pay and they lie. When I accepted the assignment, I told them I expected payment in less than 30 days or I couldn't work for them. They said they would pay me in 2 weeks. It didn't happen. They lied. When I complained they said they pay notaries every 2 months. That's unacceptable. I won't work for them again.

Go to Top of Page

pjrager

Maryland
94 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  8:37:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a call from them and I was booked so I wasn't able to work for them; why are they so bad, bad, bad? Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Go to Top of Page

surferwoman1

11 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  3:13:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit surferwoman1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bad, bad, bad company.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.