123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Free For All
 Jeremy's visit to Sacramento's chic section
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2011 :  01:42:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I actually went back there again. There is a Tapas restaurant, and I met some world travelers who had amazing stories of their tour of the Sinai with bedouins. This is a first for me hearing this type of story. Every time I go to that particular restaurant I meet amazing people.

Go to Top of Page

PlsSign

Arizona
24 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2011 :  8:46:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a wonderful visit. Your description of the various places is so vivid, I can almost picture myself there! Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2010 :  10:45:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jeremy's visit to the chic part of Sacramento.

In my search to relocate to a place that will give me more energy to run my notary directory, I visited Sacramento a few times. I like urban areas, but need a place with nature energy too. I found that I sleep wonderfully in Sacramento, but not in Los Angeles, or the Bay Area. So, I went back in September 2010 after my Yosemite trip. I had previosly taken a quick driving tour of the whole metro, seeing all the major suburbs, and central urban areas too. The part that always stuck out in my head was mid-town. I'm not sure if we have any Sacramento Notary Publics in Mid-Town, but I would love to hear their opinions on the place.

Sacramento Metro is fundamentally a dull place with suburban strip malls, and the usual sprawl, and traffic. The down town is a typical mid-sized city down town, except that the beautiful capital building and its lawn ( and its debt ) are there. I had no idea what to visit since I had never really spent time there. So, the night I arrived from Yosemite, I went to a nice Moroccan restaurant and then a Tapas place. I walked around the block a bit to first check out what was there. There was a sushi place that looked run of the mill. I asked them what was around. They mentioned the neighboring places. Then, I asked, what the Indian looking place was. The sushi guys said it was a topless place. I said, "Really? In this neighborhood? I don't believe it". So, I tried a unique Moroccan Shrimp dish with a Moroccan wine which is completely different from any other type of wine. I think they put some spices in it, but which ones, I can't tell. The decor was wonderful and the dish was tiny ( shrimpy portions ). And I liked it. So, then it was on to the tapas place... which was very different from the way the sushi chef described it. I had a lamb dish and met some warm and friendly people in the realty business. They were polite enough to laugh at my jokes, and sang a few lines of a few Salsa and Mariachi songs which they liked. They asked for more, but I had to explain that I am faking it. I don't know anything about singing and can't really speak Spanish more than a few simple words. They were enjoying some good Tempranillo and Crianza wines from Spain, but I had to drive and had already had my one glass of wine next door which is the maximum when driving.

The renovated hotel.
I went to the hotel where I had stayed before. It was a boutique hotel that had been renovated. It used to be a budged hotel with a pool in the middle, but they put a roof over the mid-section making it a courtyard and put the breakfast and lounge section there. The whole place smelled wonderful because they use some type of aroma-therapy in the air. And then they give fancy soaps with shea butter, etc. I love all their little touches. So,I went to sleep. Then, the next morning, I asked the lady at the front desk where the coolest place to have coffee was. She mentioned three places. Over the course of the day, I eventually went to all three places, and they were all fairly cool. I started the day doing some work on my net-book. Then, it was getting late, so I thought I had better get some coffee before lunch time.

The walking tour or mid-town!
I went to Old Soul for a mocha. Fun place!!! Looks like coffee houses in Portland, OR, and fun staff too. It looked like an artist hangout, and it was fun walking around the area, and having coffee there. I checked out several blocks around there, and there were wonderful coffee houses and restaurants. One was in a historical building and had traditional French furniture, art, coffee and pastries. Wow!!! You will never see anything like that anywhere else. Then there was a restaurant who's door had the sign of a building company. They liked the historical building and left the door signs as they were in older times. I saw an excellent Spanish restaurant and met the owner. I had the sense that it was the place to go later that evening. I saw a few more places, and then made my pilgrimage to down town. I had researched where I was going to have lunch. I wanted to go to the coolest place around, but with no experience there, I had to guess. Fortunatly I had a hand held GPS and made it to my destination. Fats Chinese Restaurant -- Or as I call it, "Fats Motown Chinese Restaurant".

Fats was owned by a Chinese-American family that has been in America for generations. They ran the fanciest joint in town that had the best designer in town choose the artwork, seat coverings, and everything else. It was beautiful. The staff were all family members, and in their mid-fiftees. They explained they liked Motown, because thats what they grew up with. I thought it was cool and unique, because Chinese places normally play top 40 or predictable Chinese music with the "Ar-hu" and "Gu-zhen" ( Chinese violin and plucked string instrument ). I ordered Singaporean noodles and one of the staff members gave me half a glass of some nice Cabernet that was one of his picks. His quote of the day was, "All I ask for is a bottle of wine per day". So, I enjoyed the staff, food, and design work, and then it was off to my next stop.

I went through an empovrished section of town, then the huge urban mall, and then back to midtown. I decided to stop at the Naked cafe to see if it was as cool as the hotel lady said. It was okay. A guy there started a conversation with me. He was an investment analyst from New York, and his work has landed him here. He had lots to say, and all of it interesting. We talked about Facebook and social networking and lots of other topics too. Then it was time to go back to work on my net-book, so I could answer all of your emails without too much delay. The walking tour was a huge success. I'll always remember it.

Then, after three hours of work, it was dinner time. I went back to Aioli for some Spanish food. I knew it would be good, and it was. My problem is that I like great food, but never seem to want 95% of whats on the menu. Only two dishes struck my fancy. Paiella, and the Rabbit. I got a half order of Paiella and a glass of Tempranillo which was a bit "Big" as Northern Californians say. I call it "Robust", since thats the word that database folks use to describe a good online database. The guy next to me informed me that I had ordered "The dish of dishes", and I said, I know, I cook it at home my own way when I have time. I told them, I know nothing about cooking. However, even a mediocre cook with poor technique can cook wonderful food if he uses the right ingredients, and the right wine -- and I fit this description of mediocracy. Its all in choosing the right sausage, fresh peppers, the compatible white wine, and fresh clams. The right mix of ingredients helps tremendously too. Certain things just don't go together. Anyway... twenty-five minutes later, my dish came, and it was better than good. I'll remember that meal. Then, it was time for sleep, and another adventure the next day.

Also see:
http://www.123notary.com/notary-result.asp?state=CA&n=Sacramento&county=146&

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.