123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Epic Real Estate Solutions aka OneStop
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

mariabakies

Connecticut
42 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2015 :  05:53:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a closing in July that I have not been paid for!

Go to Top of Page

peanut20

Minnesota
38 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2014 :  07:34:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a closing in early Oct. Still havnt been paid. Have been told end of Dec. Almost 90 days to get paid and they are on the lowest end of fees. If you can wait 8-12 weeks for payment and pass on another better paying closing then go ahead. Way to slow and low for this cowboy to ever do business with again.

john
Go to Top of Page

dhelmic2

Mississippi
28 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2014 :  6:29:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit dhelmic2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't know about OneStop, but I have done 9 closings for Epic over the last 3 years. They do pay at 60 days after closing, but I have never had any issues in receiving payment.
Go to Top of Page

timbuck2

Texas
9 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  10:52:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did A signing for Epic March 4TH 2013, called In May 15th to ask about me pay the person that answered my call was very rude . She told me "we pay in 60 days" or in June. Then she said that my Name will be removed from the call list. So I will see if they will pay me in June. If not I will contact USAA and let them know. BUT NO MORE WORK FOR EPIC.

TIMBUCK2
Go to Top of Page

beloved1213

39 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2013 :  6:45:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit beloved1213's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I received an email to sign up with the company on (Fri.) 3-29-13 from Emerald Wingard, 800-920-0050 ext. 2702!

OMG.... 6-8 weeks payment schedule

OMG.... it was stated based on the fee schedules in my county Notaries are completing signings for $90 ("NOT ME")

OMG.... too many required fax backs plus a written letter of recommendation from a signing company you are currently doing business with

OMG.... from reading the comments I will "NOT" be doing business with them

Go to Top of Page

closer4u

Tennessee
14 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  3:07:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was told last week they now take 60 days to mail any payment out. Unfortunatly Shell Gasoline, Staples and Toner Express doesn't give me 60 days to pay them. Something wrong here.
Go to Top of Page

sspeckin

Maine
13 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2013 :  09:27:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit sspeckin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow- how ironic! I was sitting at my computer waiting for docs for a 2:30 signing today in easT "Gish"..we are going out of town soon and I wanted to try to sign as much as I can, so took all assignments that I was called for-As i wait and wait for docs, a reply to a forum from another notary came to my in box-I was poking around and decided to check on Epic (the company I was waiting for docs from) and lo and behold, I read this! I decided to send them an e mail that "unless they can pay me via Paypal TODAY before going to the signing, I will not be taking it-----thanks for watching my back 123! I will be glad to look after you all as well!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

esnotary

California
125 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  12:24:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit esnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did a closing for them on December 17. I called today, Feb. 12 and asked about my payment. They said the check was cut this morning and will be sent out today. I believe their accounting system needs an "EPIC" overhaul....

Go to Top of Page

angelarc54

Texas
0 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2012 :  06:46:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Listed below is my email to EPIC RESS...I had one previous signing that took 60 days to get paid. After researching their "policy" is to pay in 60 days, you have to choose whether you want to wait that long. My decision is to work with companies that can pay within 30 days!

This order was completed in October and is therefore due for payment in December per our payment process. Thank you.

Cara Ogrodowski
Production Manager
EPIC Real Estate Solutions
2000 Cliff Mine Road, Suite 500
Pittsburgh, PA 15275
Office: 412-507-2201 Cell: 412-855-8456
Fax: 888-416-1622
Email: cogrodowski@epicress.com
Simple Solutions of Epic Proportion

Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2012 1:53 PM
To: Cheri Mitschke
Cc: EpicSignings; Angela Carter; Brittaney Tirreno
Subject: RE: INVOICE #153 Kevin and Rebecca Dodd - Closing

Attached is a copy of my invoice, this closing was on 10/16 and I am following up on my payment.

Please let me know the status.

Thanks,

arc

quote:
Originally posted by edelske

quote:
Originally posted by lightk

I accepted a signing today with Brittaney while I was on the road. After arriving home, I looked them up.

So, after not being able to reach her on the phone, I sent the following email to her:

I have tried 3 times unsuccessfully to call you back. The line has been disconnected twice and the third time I was forwarded to an empty voice mail box.

Due to the negative reports on two different notary boards regarding Epic Real Estate and payments to the notaries, I'm sorry to say I have to turn down this signing. I can't afford to take the chance of non-payment or payment only after reporting to the lender.

Brittaney's reply email stated: Notaries always fail to send the notary packet back to us so we would not be able to issue payment.

I'm still not trying with their history.

You played the hand dealt to you well.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com

Angela R. Carter
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  4:30:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lightk

I accepted a signing today with Brittaney while I was on the road. After arriving home, I looked them up.

So, after not being able to reach her on the phone, I sent the following email to her:

I have tried 3 times unsuccessfully to call you back. The line has been disconnected twice and the third time I was forwarded to an empty voice mail box.

Due to the negative reports on two different notary boards regarding Epic Real Estate and payments to the notaries, I'm sorry to say I have to turn down this signing. I can't afford to take the chance of non-payment or payment only after reporting to the lender.

Brittaney's reply email stated: Notaries always fail to send the notary packet back to us so we would not be able to issue payment.

You played the hand dealt to you well.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

lightk

Alabama
108 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  2:09:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit lightk's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Edited by - lightk on 07/06/2012 2:14:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Melcolbert

California
21 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2012 :  4:46:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Melcolbert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Epic RE called me today while I was in a meeting - Britney left voice mail inviting me to accept a signing job. I checked here first and after reading the posts, decided not to return the call.
Go to Top of Page

a1etron

Florida
77 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2012 :  07:17:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After not receiving payment I called the lender Navy Federal Credit Union, I had a check FEDEX the next day.

Edward Fadden
Orlando Notary
Covering all of Central Florida, Orange-Lake-Seminole-Osceola and Volusia Counties.
407-619-7777
orlandonotary@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

windycitynotary

Illinois
19 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2012 :  3:52:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit windycitynotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
FOLLOW UP: I was just paid today (May 5) for a signing I did Mar 26. So, they pay....I don't care for the "sign in March get paid in May" policy. Hope everyone else gets paid as well. But I can't exactly call them deadbeats....best of luck to everyone.
Go to Top of Page

windycitynotary

Illinois
19 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  09:05:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit windycitynotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just spoke to Kara at Epic and she was insistent that everyone is and and would be paid on time according to their (undesirable) policy of paying everyone on their "sign in April pay in June" but that every once in a while something "doesn't get in their system correctly." So if anyone isn't paid in full by the end of April for signings completed in February you should call her. Please everyone keep posting on this to see if the issues are resolved. I will say that Eric at Epic was so rude to me when I first discussed this with him that I'll never work for their company again, and I also have decided that I will only work for companies that pay within 30 days. If anyone is looking for a FANTASTIC recommendation for a signing company, sign up with Avenue365. I've been working with them for months and LOVE them.
Go to Top of Page

blacefield

Texas
6 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2012 :  5:08:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a follow-up to this discussion, I received payment today for the three jobs I did for Epic in February. Going forward I should receive payment in May for the March jobs.

Betty Lacefield
Go to Top of Page

windycitynotary

Illinois
19 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2012 :  2:59:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit windycitynotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just so everyone knows, Epic has a "sign in March get paid in May" policy. Normally I do not work for companies with policies like that so I told them when they called that they had questionable reviews and that if they paid within 30 days I'd write them an "average" review. They're declining lol so I am still waiting for payment for a signing I did almost 30 days ago. Call the title agencies and lenders they work with and complain about them. If you threaten to hit them where it hurts you will probably be paid. Anyway, I plan to.
Go to Top of Page

Texas
20 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2012 :  08:05:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit 21188's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blacefield

I am greatly disturbed by all the negative feedback regarding Epic. I did my first signing with Epic on 2/17/12. After 30 days I called Epic asking when they pay and was told they pay in 60 days! I was surprised but I waited and continued to do some signings for them. I called this week since the 60 days are up and was told to email their accouting department at epicap@epicress.com. I sent an email on 4/18 and have not received a reply as yet. Now I don't know what to do if they call for a signing. What legal agency do I contact to get back pay? I've been doing about 2 signings per week for them so it adds up to a good amount of money. Unfortunitely, I did not see the discussions below before today. Going forward I don't know if I should continue to accept work from them. Please advise.

Betty Lacefield

Betty, I have to agree with Doris. Next time Epic calls say "No", and demand payment for work you've already completed for them.

http://mysamobilenotary.com/
Go to Top of Page

Doris_CO

Colorado
148 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2012 :  10:15:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Going forward I don't know if I should continue to accept work from them. Please advise."

"I've been doing about 2 signings per week for them so it adds up to a good amount of money."

If they haven't paid you for the work you've already done, why would you consider working with them again? Just say "NO" when they call and tell them you will be contacting the title company and the lender for each loan closing you've done if you are not paid within a week or whatever time you decide on.

There are some excellent resources on collections on this site. Look them up.
Go to Top of Page

blacefield

Texas
6 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2012 :  08:23:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am greatly disturbed by all the negative feedback regarding Epic. I did my first signing with Epic on 2/17/12. After 30 days I called Epic asking when they pay and was told they pay in 60 days! I was surprised but I waited and continued to do some signings for them. I called this week since the 60 days are up and was told to email their accouting department at epicap@epicress.com. I sent an email on 4/18 and have not received a reply as yet. Now I don't know what to do if they call for a signing. What legal agency do I contact to get back pay? I've been doing about 2 signings per week for them so it adds up to a good amount of money. Unfortunitely, I did not see the discussions below before today. Going forward I don't know if I should continue to accept work from them. Please advise.

Betty Lacefield
Go to Top of Page

closer4u

Tennessee
14 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2012 :  4:33:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too did a closing and still waiting for payment in February. They send me to there accounting department and I sat on hold one time for 23 minutes and no one ever picked-up the phone. Called again last week and sent me to accounting and on hold for 34 minutes, Someone picked-up and then disconnected me.
Go to Top of Page

a1etron

Florida
77 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  10:30:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They got me.. Epic called and I was unaware they we just a renamed Onestop closings. Burned for $100.00.. so far... Called me told me they where and HUD showed them as settlement agent and I would be paid when loan funded. Did not happen is going on 2 months no pay. I told them if they do not pay I may have to call the other parties involved in the closing to try to get paid. Told them they could pay me with pay-pal right now but they balked at that, did not want to pay. Told me they were taking me off their list. Beware!!! will update if and when payment comes.

Edward Fadden
Orlando Notary
Covering all of Central Florida, Orange-Lake-Seminole-Osceola and Volusia Counties.
407-619-7777
orlandonotary@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  12:18:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I received a call today from Epic Real Estate Solutions, but they showed up on my caller ID as LandAM with a notation that they had filed for bankruptcy (I log all incoming calls in my caller ID). So did LandAM file BK and then ressurect itself as Epic? Poor payment reputation for both companies on this and other notary sites - I declined the job.
Go to Top of Page

Cathy

Arkansas
16 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  1:39:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cathy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Based on what I read here, I turned down a signing 2 hours away from me.... can't afford to drive that far and not get paid.... They did not want to do Paypal.

Cathy Minor
Go to Top of Page

muskiebob

Iowa
11 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2011 :  12:18:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Address I have is
2000 Cliffmine road Suite 500
Pittsburgh, PA 15275
How old is your outstanding invoice with them? I did a signing for them yesterday that involved doing it again because of mistakes by title and they now owe me $200.00 also. I usually check a couple of sites before accepting a signing but didn't in this case. Now I'm concerned about getting paid.
Go to Top of Page

susiet57

Tennessee
24 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2010 :  2:44:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit susiet57's Homepage  Reply with Quote
waiting for payment since March 1. MANY request for payment, via email, fax and phone. No response, no pay.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.