123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Getting Paid Archives
 Agreement to Pay For Services
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pasignag

New York
16 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2013 :  09:59:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit pasignag's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is this still working for you?
I am tired of the collection efforts. Time is money:)
Go to Top of Page

mtomlinson

Kansas
23 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2010 :  12:36:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit mtomlinson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I posted this an old thread but thought maybe it deserves more attention. I see posts from many of you who are having difficulty in collecting on invoices and trying to find sources for recourse against companies who are not paying on time or are no-pays. When you accept an assignment from a company they might have you sign an IC agreement but that is designed to protect them. You are left standing ing the dark with a verbal payment agreemnt or a printed copy of an email that is vaugely enforceable.

Why do we, as NSA continue to accept work under these terms? I don't!

When I receive a call from anyone and their terms are accptable I tell them that I will accept. I will put those terms in writing, I will email them the agreement and all they have top do is sign the agreement and send it back with the order. Once I recieve the order and the signed agreement they can consider the deal closed.

I have a template saved on my computers and as an editable doc on my Blackberry. I fill in their company name, address, price and net due by ??? date and press end. It's done. They either sign the agreement or they don't. If they won't sign I probably don't want to work with them anyway, right?

I have had very few issues with SS or TC not wanting to sign the agreement. In fact, most of them sound surprised if they are compnaies who I have not worked with before. But, you know what? They sign it. And they pay. On time. Every time. The ones who won't sign... Well, all I'm doing is saving my time, money and headaches.

Below is the agreement that I use. If you qould like a copy in doc or docx format, email me @ mtomlinson@midstatesnotaryservices.com
Some of the features and layout are not transferrable

AGREEMENT TO PAY FOR SERVICES

1. This Agreement is being made between ( INSERT NAME ), hereinafter referred to as the First Party or First Party’s which is a business and operates at( INSERT ADDRESS) and Mid-States Notary Services hereinafter referred to as Mid-States which operates a business at 432 West Acorn Street, Gardner, Ks 66030 . Mid-States is a mobile notary company who is acting as an independent contractor and has been retained by the First Party to receive documents, witness signatures, notarize documents and return said documents to the First Party or individuals other than the First Party who have been designated by the First Party.
2. This Agreement applies only to the following file.
3. Borrower’s name or file number
4. Mid-States will perform the following duties.
a. Receive documents by (check option which applies)
email fax pick up edoc borrower
b. Confirm appointment if at all possible with borrower. If unable to reach borrower will leave a message if possible with a return number so borrower can contact Mid-States.
c. Arrive at appointment location at least 5 minutes prior to appointment time.
d. Will contact First Party by phone or email, if required, at arrival to appointment location.
e. Witness signatures and notarize all documents properly.
f. Contact First Party upon completion, if required.
g. Will fax necessary documents to First Party or whomever they designate, if required.
h. Will return documents by (check option which applies) email fax deliver mail overnight
i. Will follow all instruction given by First Party for the process and successfully complete the signing.
j. Will follow correct procedures as specified by the First Party and as required by state laws and regulations in order to successfully complete signing for the First Party.
5. In exchange for services rendered, First Party agrees to pay Mid-States a fee of $ which will satisfy any obligation First Party has to Mid-States for this particular signing. First Party agrees to pay all fees within days of successful completion of assignment. Mid-States will invoice the First Party within 3 days of the completion of the assignment by fax, email or USPS. Non-receipt of the invoice does not release First Party from its obligation to pay fees to Mid-States.
6. If there are any deductions which would reduce monies due Mid-States due to clerical errors, mistakes by the notary or negligence the reduction in fees will be outlined in the separate independent contractor’s agreement and the rate sheets/deduction schedule provided by the First Party. If there are no rate sheets provided by the party the fee listed in paragraph 4 is the agreed fee for services with no deductions allowed. The rate sheet/deductions schedule will be listed as the addendum, exhibit A, to this agreement and will be provided by the First Party.
7. Mid-States reserves the right to charge additional fees if, as a result of errors by the First Party, lenders, title companies, brokers, banks or escrow managers if Mid-States is required to make more than one trip or set more than one appointment to complete the assignment.
8. If the appointment with the borrower is cancelled at least 24 prior to the scheduled signing time by First Party, lenders, title companies, brokers, banks, escrow managers or borrower there will be no monies due Mid-States as a cancellation fee.
9. If the appointment is cancelled with less than 24 hours notice by the First Party, lenders, title companies, brokers, banks, escrow managers or borrowers, the First Party agrees to pay Mid-States a cancellation fee of $50.00 payable within 15 days of the scheduled appointment. Mid-States will invoice the First Party within 3 days of the cancellation by fax, email or USPS. Non-receipt of the invoice does not release First Party from its obligation to pay fees to Mid-State’s.
10. This agreement is not intended to replace or nullify the existing independent contractor agreement between Mid-States and the First Party. It is intended to assist Mid-States in collecting monies due the company by signing agencies, title companies, lenders, brokers and banks. The independent contractor agreement will be listed as the addendum, exhibit B.
11. Furthermore, the First Party agrees to pay all funds promptly and without delay. If Mid-States does not receive the funds within the amount of time allotted in paragraph 4, Mid-States will impose an initial late fee of $25.00. Mid-States will also charge the First Party interest on any outstanding balance at the rate of 1.37% per month or the maximum allowed by law, whichever is less.
12. First Party also agrees to be responsible to Mid-States for any expenses Mid-States incurs as a result of depositing instruments into their accounts which are returned by First Party’s financial institutions as non-payable due to insufficient funds or stopped payment.
13. First Party agrees to be responsible for any and all collection costs, legal fees and court costs Mid-States may incur during the course of collecting monies due from First Party due to non-payment.
14. This Agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws applicable to Agreements executed and wholly performed in the State of Kansas (the jurisdiction). Any dispute or claim arising out of or in relation to the terms of this Agreement, in part or in whole, or any beach thereof, shall be resolved by the rules and laws of the Court of Johnson County, Kansas according to the procedures of the Jurisdiction's Governing Body. Such rules and procedures shall be considered to constitute a part of this Agreement by reference.
15. If any provision in this Agreement is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be fully severable, and this Agreement shall be construed and enforced as if such illegal, invalid or unenforceable provision had never been a part of this Agreement. The remaining provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect and shall not be affected by the illegal, invalid or unenforceable provision or by its severance from this Agreement.
16. A copy, reproduction or facsimile of this document will be deemed as worthy and binding as the original document.
17. This Agreement and the Attachments hereto constitute the entire agreement between the contracting parties concerning the subject matter hereof. All prior agreements, discussions, representations, warranties, and covenants are merged herein. There are no warranties, representations, covenants, or agreements, express or implied, between the parties except those expressly set forth in this agreement. Any amendments or modifications of this agreement shall be in writing and executed by the contracting parties.

Michael D. Tomlinson
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.