123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Posts not related to getting paid
 Extra printing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Notarykat

North Carolina
25 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2010 :  07:00:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had this problem many times with different companies. I am just realizing there is a standard that most notaries are using for printing. Except I don't know it. What is the size of a standard package?

Notarykat
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Illinois
19 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  11:40:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually, that recently happened to me. Docs weren't ready until late in the afternoon, and I was already rushing back to the office from my first signing to go print and then head off to my second one for the day. Had no idea what size the package was, and after I started printing, I was pissed that it was so damn large and I didn't charge my normal fee!

Even though the SS is a very good client of mine and have no issues with payment, I too felt that I got horsewhipped AND I didn't even charge my normal fee! It was supposed to be a simple, easy refi and it turned out to be a pain in the a$$!.

I didn't ask for additional print fee when I called in the closing, but I do believe I have a right to the extra $25.00 fee if I ask. But on their next call in, I'll definitely make it point to mention this incident.

Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  07:46:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In addition to what Lee said, get the revised fee in writing. A package consisting of 196 pages is ridiculous!!!

I had one recently where I received the docs a day or two early. I opened the file just to make sure that I could successfully open it, but did not print until the night before the appointment. I do that because you never know when docs will get revised.

So I'm printing and then I realize that the package is 175 pages!!! I have NEVER had one that big before. And it was also a surprise POA signing, and it ended up taking two hours to sign due to the large package, and POA's always take longer anyway. By the time I printed, it was too late in the evening to contact the company for a revised fee or let them reassign, as the appointment was the next morning on a Saturday. Lesson learned - check the size of the package when you receive it!!!

I politely told the company afterward that I kind of felt like I got sandbagged with the surprise POA and the extra large package. I also told them that I was not going to ask for a fee adjustment on this one, but in the future I could not do such a large package for my regular fee.

I will be MUCH more careful when/if this company calls me again. They are known for their large packages and I've done quite a few for them in the past, but I've never gotten one this large before.

CopperheadVA

Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  06:43:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you open the docs and see that it is an extra-large package, call the SS/TC and request add'l fee for same. Negotiation prior to printing is the key here.

Go to Top of Page

sescott39

Ohio
2 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2010 :  06:26:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Several loan signing companies have cut down on their office costs by having the notary print ectra copies for them. The thing is, we don't know when we're going to get hit with all the additional printing. When they initially call and we discuss the fee, we don't know how many documents will have to be printed. I recently charged Notary Assurance $25.00 for extra printing. The loan docs were 196 pages plus the borrower's copies. Notary Assurance refused to pay for the additional printing. Has anyone else had this problem, and how have you delt with it?

Suzanne Escott
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.