123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Free For All
 Funniest signings - Facebook May 2010
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2010 :  8:05:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Let us know if you like any of these short stories from our notaries on facebook. You can add your own stories too!

Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2010 :  01:47:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From time to time, we will do a post about the funniest things that have happened to notaries at signings. Signings are usually very normal, but our notaries have seen almost everything from roach infested houses, to naked signers, to having a tornado come to the signing. Here are some noteworthy experiences that are from our FACEBOOK profile on May 25th, 2010. WHICH ONE IS THE FUNNIEST?

Chickens
I had to walk around the chicken coops wile he collected just hatched eggs. I did bring home a 1/2 a dozen.

Toddlers
A two year old decided to take all our blue pens hide them and mom could not find them, Lesson keep more pens in the car.

The Angry Husband
It was probably when a couple began arguing with me present. The husband yelled that she never let him read anything in peace or make a decision so he took his car keys and screeched out the driveway only to end up accidentally running over his kid's bike in the driveway. We had to wait for him to return so that he could sign the papers as well but she kept muttering under her breath that he doesn't understand what he's signing so what 's the point (had to agree with her he seemed unnecessarily confused). Funny thinking about it now but it was dramatic and awkward then. Only two weird incidents like this but they stick out like sore thumbs lol

5 Huge Dogs
I had to notarize for a couple who had 5 HUGE dogs and 3 super hyper kids, that were taller than me, mind you I'm only 4' 11" (in high heels! lol ), before I even rang the door bell, I knew it was going to be a challenging job, there were toys all over the front yard, and of course there was a HUGE gate, that I had to get on a tippy toes in order to reach the latch, I walked to the front door, and sure enough, as soon as one of the kids answered one of their huge dogs decided to jump on me and smell me!! to get to know me of course! lol, oh man, I'm cracking up just remembering! The family was so friendly and full of love, it was not a bad experience at all after I shared all my extra pens and paper with the kids.. they were so sweet they even took my business cards and handed them out to their friends and colleagues, I really appreciate it that! All in a notary's day's work!! :)

The Alleged Mistress
I had called the Borrower the day before to confirm, and for some reason I guess the Wife thought I was the Mistress, because that night at 2am, I received a phone call, screaming at me, yelling at me, asking me why i was cheating with her husband, etc!!!!. When i arrived in the morning to the signing, it was the most awkward thing in the world!!!

The Signer Died
Was told by the signer if her boyfriend came home to grab the papers and run. That was stressful. But the worst one of all happened in April of this year. The signer was an old man with a walker. He started the conversation with I have the H1N1 virus with a 102* fever. He said "Is that okay with you?". I told him to go home, get better and then resign. I called a few days later and he had died. Very sad.

Go To Bed!
I went to a signing out in the middle of nowhere. The little boy, probably about 4, comes running out and hugs my legs. The Daddy tells him to get back in bed, he hugs tighter, Dad starts to count to 3.. I tell him you better run. Just as his Dad gets to 3, he tears loose and runs and jumps in bed. Then he yells out.. "Hey Lady, whats your name?".. I say Susie, he yells out "Good Night Susie"..

Naked Family Members
Awkward...at a extravagant house w a couple in the morning. Middle of signing the 3 year old daughter comes running out naked. Wouldn't stop jumping all over the couches and running around. NAKED.

Dog Bites
I had a sale in which the Selling agent and the Seller were arguing. The Selling agent had called the police because he said their dog had bit him when they conducted the final walk through. The Seller's insisted it did not happen. It was a hostile closing environment until the agent decided to drop his pants to show the teeth marks on his buttocks! I was in tears from laughing so hard. It remains my funniest closing to date.

Signing When Giving Birth
I was scheduled to do a closing and the borrower called me the morning of to cancel unless........I was willing to come to labor and delivery as the wife had gone into labor that morning.....but they really wanted to sign that day. I called the company and they said it was my call. I decided to go. They had to get me cleared through security We would sign a few pages and take a break, then sign a few more and take a break. I did let them know that they could kick me out at anytime.....lol. We did complete the closing. I didn't stick around for the birth and don't know if they named the baby after me or not.....but it has been a great story to tell!

Affidavit of Adultery
There are a couple of them that stick out in my mind. 1- the request to notarize an affidavit saying this lady never had*****with another ladies husband. people think just because i notarize it it is the truth.
2- the lady who insisted i come to her home at 11 pm and sign documents on the hood of my car, down the block cauz she didnt want her boyfriend to know what she was doing. Oh yeah, she snuck out of the house through a window in her nightgown lol. And she was a fairly large woman.

Going Into Labor at Signing
1 - I went into labor at a signing and tried to hide it from the borrower because the first comment he made when I walked into the front door was, "you're not going to have that baby today are you?" (I did actually)
2 - I had a borrower on a reverse mortgage closing who was expecting me to arrive with a brief case full of cash because he was receiving $70,000 as a lump sum disbursement. Also, he lived in a mobile home on blocks and planned on putting the cash in a floor safe.

Signer's Hands Were Tied!
I accepted a signing and when I inputed the address into my gps, it turned out to be a hospital. I called the client to ensure I had the correct address and she stated, "yes, we are in the lobby waiting for you. Once you get here we will untie my husband's hands so he can sign this will." Needless to say, I cancelled!

Notarizing a Tornado?
I was sitting at the kitchen table facing the patio, which was high off the ground, doing a signing. It was cold in the house and I thought the borrower had turned on the heat when she got up, but it was too noisy to be heat. My mouth flew open as a huge stainless steel barbecue grill traveled quickly past the patio doors. What I thought was the heat, turned out to be the freight train sound of a tornado! We looked outside and a tree was down, the legs of their covered swing had gone through the side of the neighbor's garage, and the people across the street had shingles ripped off a quarter of their roof like you would rip the label off a jelly jar. News crews came to cover the tornado while we finished up the signing. My car and the borrower's house were fine.

Cats & Snakes -- oh my!
As I walked to the door I knew it was bad..bo meets me asks if I am allergic to cats..Um no. Good she said she has 40 and we go in..She turns & asks what about snakes? Um NO..We walk in and cats and snakes..big ones all in and out of cages all over the place..My lungs hurt from the stench..Got out in a big hurry! Yuk!

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.