123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Mortgagedocs.com BEWARE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1 3 people liked this post.1 person disliked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

indigoinvestigations

Michigan
1 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2014 :  2:38:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit indigoinvestigations's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Accepted the signing, never got the docs. Communicated via phone and email all through the day of the signing appointment, which did not happen. If you have no docs you have nothing for anybody to sign, right? Got no less than five nasty-grams saying I would be docked for not getting the customer to sign. The last one chided me for failing to read the instructions....seriously?
This is a no-go for me.

hello
Go to Top of Page

jdavisva

Virginia
66 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2013 :  6:48:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THE NERVE!!! So, this company emailed me again with a low fee in which I declined. I am an hour a way and its traveling up a rural mountain area (would burn a lot of fuel). I returned the email with what my fee would be. The rep calls me back the next day and tells me he got my fee approved. He verified my information and said he would set my account up with them and email me the confirmation. I never received it that evening. I emailed them the next day and another rep replied to me stating that this signing was not assigned to me and my fee was not approved. I kindly replied and told her the mans name that approved the fee and called me to confirm and asked for them to call me back.
Guess what, I haven't received a call or email.
Sounds like they found a person to take their low ball fee and left me in the wind wondering. I'm quite frustrated.

quote:
Originally posted by jdavisva

Me too! I haven't had any local call requests in a week, so
today when I received an email from Mortgagedocs.com I was excited until.... I read they wanted me to travel 1.5 hrs. one way for a ref. for only $65.
I promptly replied with a no thank you and asked them to pease contact me with signing in my area for my base fee.

quote:
Originally posted by notaryslife

Glad I checked here before I accepted their LinkedIn invitation. No way jose will I work for these low ballers.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Edited by - jdavisva on 12/03/2013 6:50:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

jdavisva

Virginia
66 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2013 :  5:38:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me too! I haven't had any local call requests in a week, so
today when I received an email from Mortgagedocs.com I was excited until.... I read they wanted me to travel 1.5 hrs. one way for a ref. for only $65.
I promptly replied with a no thank you and asked them to pease contact me with signing in my area for my base fee.

quote:
Originally posted by notaryslife

Glad I checked here before I accepted their LinkedIn invitation. No way jose will I work for these low ballers.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
742 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2013 :  6:03:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vendor Management

Thank you so much for your comments regarding MortgageDocs. We strive to partner with our Vendors to provide our clients with the most professional, accurate and pleasant signing experience possible. We were concerned to read your post about our scheduled fees. Our fees are based on the current industry standard for signing services and are always up for review if distance, fax backs or loan package is beyond the norm. We have also made recent changes in management and pay terms, including direct deposit. We think you will be pleased with the changes and hope you consider MortgageDocs in the future. If you are currently with MortgageDocs, please contact Vendor Management directly at 949-916-5519 or e-mail vendor.management@mortgagedocs.com to discuss your fee. We will happily update your profile and will do our best to work with you to get your requested fee when possible. We look forward to working with you in the future and for the opportunity to change your next Mortgage Docs post to a positive one. Thank you.

Thank you for your kind offer to update my profile. Please put me on your DO NOT CALL list.

Even your choice of screen name shows your contempt for notaries. "Vendor Management" as if we were serfs on your plantation to be "managed". The only good thing about your firm is the joke about offering a 15 dollar fee for fixing the mess made by a lowball accepting newbie.

Kenneth A Edelstein
http://kenneth-a-edelstein.com

Edited by - edelske on 10/22/2013 6:06:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Illinois
2 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2013 :  3:51:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do regular work for Mortgage Docs, I get checks like clockwork twice a month, they are courteous, respecctful, never abrupt on the phone. Their system is consistent and well organized, you can know what you're going to get. I'm not sure about what I'm hearing from some notaries...
No, I'm not excited about their fees but their packages arrive timely, are consistent (always from the same lender so it's a no brainer once you've done a couple). As I repeatedly do error free and trouble free jobs for them they call me more for better jobs. Of course I choose to work directly for the title compaies and higher fees whenever I can, but I don't turn up my nose at hasselfree checks from anyone.
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2013 :  4:24:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They're in bed with the NNA whom they had strong representation with at the last NNA conference. They have typical symptoms of complete contempt for notaries' fees. The ladies there are into power and control to the extreme. They are very rude and have too many management people with their hands in the cookie jar that causes notaries reduced fees. Any company that's top heavy allows parasites to suck us dry. Don't support the parasite with your blood supply and they'll go away just like any other nuisance.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Edited by - notaryslife on 10/13/2013 4:28:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

paulcr

North Dakota
33 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2013 :  06:30:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Edelske - I've received an email from this company containing this same fee structure within the last month. Although in the past they have met my XXX fee.

quote:
Originally posted by edelske

quote:
Originally posted by lightk

Why even take signings from them? Notaries are crazy to take refinance signings for $65.

Their fees are below (the first # is if they are edocs and the 2nd is if they are overnighted)

Equity (50 to 80 pages) $ 50.00 $ 40.00
Refinance (80 to 90 pages) $ 65.00 $ 55.00
Reverse $ 100.00 $ 90.00
Reverse – Pre Disclosure (application) $ 40.00 $ 30.00
Purchase $ 65.00 $ 65.00
REO Purchase (20 to 50 pages) $ 55.00 $ 45.00
Auto (15 T0 25 pages) $ 30.00 $ 20.00
Loan Modification (10 to 25 pages) $ 20.00 $ 15.00
Deed in Lieu (1 to 10 pages) $ 30.00 $ 25.00

I was sent an email today asking to sign up and complete their vendor package (which is 33 pages long) and copied the fees straight from the contract. Way too much work for way too little pay.

Notaries please stand up and turn down ridiculously low priced jobs.I emailed Heather @ mortgagedocs and told her I couldn't work for those fees. She replied immediately that I would be taken off their list.

Did you download that fee schedule on April First?

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com

Edited by - paulcr on 10/12/2013 06:31:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
742 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2013 :  05:39:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lightk

Why even take signings from them? Notaries are crazy to take refinance signings for $65.

Their fees are below (the first # is if they are edocs and the 2nd is if they are overnighted)

Reverse $ 100.00 $ 90.00
Purchase $ 65.00 $ 65.00

I was sent an email today asking to sign up and complete their vendor package (which is 33 pages long) and copied the fees straight from the contract. Way too much work for way too little pay.

Notaries please stand up and turn down ridiculously low priced jobs.I emailed Heather @ mortgagedocs and told her I couldn't work for those fees. She replied immediately that I would be taken off their list.

Did you download that fee schedule on April First?

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

Inabj2

Arizona
5 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2013 :  2:49:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am sorry to say, but I believe that this company is still up to its old tricks of treating the notary with disrespect and contempt. I tried to give your company a chance and accepted a signing. For 65.00 which is an unacceptable fee for this kind of business. I thought that fee was without printing. When I got called to request confirmation I asked if the fee was without printing to which your rep said no. I did state that this fee is below standard for my area, but since I have already accepted the signing I would go ahead and do it. I told your rep many times that don't worry Ill do this signing at the agree fee. Instead your company pulled the order from me, without warning and assigned to another notary and then dinged my profile. I showed your company respect by not double booking and rejecting a much higher paid signing because I had already accepted this one. But in return, you have wasted my time, and displayed that you view us the signing agent notary as cattle to be used and abused. Your history and your reputation is in the line here, and this behavior has merely shown that all this talk about new ownership and management is nothing but smokes and screens. Lenders,Title companies Notaries and borrower beware when dealing with these lackeys. Your reputation is well deserved.
Go to Top of Page

Vendor Management

1 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2013 :  3:48:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vendor Management's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much for your comments regarding MortgageDocs. We strive to partner with our Vendors to provide our clients with the most professional, accurate and pleasant signing experience possible. We were concerned to read your post about our scheduled fees. Our fees are based on the current industry standard for signing services and are always up for review if distance, fax backs or loan package is beyond the norm. We have also made recent changes in management and pay terms, including direct deposit. We think you will be pleased with the changes and hope you consider MortgageDocs in the future. If you are currently with MortgageDocs, please contact Vendor Management directly at 949-916-5519 or e-mail vendor.management@mortgagedocs.com to discuss your fee. We will happily update your profile and will do our best to work with you to get your requested fee when possible. We look forward to working with you in the future and for the opportunity to change your next Mortgage Docs post to a positive one. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

paulcr

North Dakota
33 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2013 :  12:49:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did end up doing a signing for them in 2012 and the DID meet my XXX fee. However, I am in an area that only has 3 mobile notaries in the region so they don't have a choice. I did cross out their fee structure in their vendor packet and wrote in that all fees are based upon the type of signing, number of docs, distance, and any other factors that impact the amount of expense or time required for the signing. They weren't happy with that but they don't have a choice in this area. I have turned down a couple of requests I have received from them for long-distance travel where they wouldn't meet my fee. They are just 1 company and don't have that much business in this area so they aren't high on my list of priorities over other companies.
Go to Top of Page

gwalmer

Washington
3 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2013 :  11:25:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the reviews, people. It keeps me from wasting time with lousy companies like this one.
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2013 :  4:22:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

BucksMSA

Pennsylvania
5 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  06:26:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit BucksMSA's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had signed up with them and quickly received several orders but some of the orders were in an adjacent state where I am not commissioned to do notary signings. I rejected those and placed one "maybe" to an order that was more than 100 miles round trip provided they met my new offer. That item was immediately removed from my order. I accepted another order with the condition that they met my offer that included fees for new mileage and I received an email that said I could no longer accept orders online and a phone call would have to be made first. I checked this forum and see that I was correct in requesting a new fee. How could anyone travel 100 miles for a $65 fee?

quote:
Originally posted by mentalmi

I also received that email and totally agreed with what you said. I sent them back an email telling them to take me out of their system and immediately received an email stating they would. Yet 2 days later I got bombarded with job offers.

TMG NOTARY
PA

Go to Top of Page

mentalmi

Pennsylvania
32 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2012 :  09:16:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit mentalmi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I also received that email and totally agreed with what you said. I sent them back an email telling them to take me out of their system and immediately received an email stating they would. Yet 2 days later I got bombarded with job offers.

TMG NOTARY
PA
Go to Top of Page

lightk

Alabama
108 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  11:50:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit lightk's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Reverse $ 100.00 $ 90.00
Purchase $ 65.00 $ 65.00

Go to Top of Page

paulcr

North Dakota
33 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2012 :  8:21:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So did you ever recieve payment (or anyone else who still has outstanding A/R with them)?

quote:
Originally posted by karmw1

I completed an assignment on May 25, 2012 for Mortgagedocs. I have contacted them by phone, left three messages asking for a response on non-payment for this signing. Also sent an email for same. This is unacceptable business practice not to respond to requests. This company is no longer a viable company for my business! Beware is correct. Do not do any signings for this company...

Go to Top of Page

karmw1

Nebraska
1 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2012 :  1:25:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I completed an assignment on May 25, 2012 for Mortgagedocs. I have contacted them by phone, left three messages asking for a response on non-payment for this signing. Also sent an email for same. This is unacceptable business practice not to respond to requests. This company is no longer a viable company for my business! Beware is correct. Do not do any signings for this company...
Go to Top of Page

wayneclemons

California
46 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2012 :  1:44:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit wayneclemons's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Non-paying company. Used to be slow payers, now they are non-payers. Still waiting for payment from Feb 2012. Legal proceedings have been initiated.

Wayne

www.ExclusiveMobileNotary.com

www.FaceBook.com/ExclusiveMobileNotary

www.Twitter.com/ExclusiveNotary
Go to Top of Page

Brandon - Notary Now

Texas
12 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2012 :  2:25:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Brandon - Notary Now's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have done 2 assignments with MortgageDocs, one in February and one in April, I JUST received my LOW fee of 65. from the signing in February... Now that I know better, I won't be helping them EVER.

www.notarynowtexas.com
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1605 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2010 :  2:07:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit LindaH's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've done 2 closings for them in 4 years (second one was this past December, I believe)- never had a problem and always got paid although they do take about 60 days..always had contact numbers.

Maybe they realized that, in Massachusetts, Executive Order 455 (04-04) is still in effect and unless you're under the direct supervision of an attorney you can't do real estate closings...from page 11 of that order:

"(c) A notary public who is not an attorney licensed to practice law in Massachusetts, or who is not directly supervised by an attorney, shall not conduct a real estate closing and shall not act as a real estate closing agent. A notary public who is employed by a lender
may notarize a document in conjunction with the closing of his or her employer's real estate loans."

http://www.ips-notary.com/notary.html

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

readingnotary

Massachusetts
6 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2010 :  10:15:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit readingnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got called for a job from this company called mortgagedocs.com. The email was very impersonal; not contact person's name, no street address; just a phone number, website address and a link to there database for which you log in to the job, get all of the information on the client, a link to a pdf for the documents and then you add a comment when you have confirmed the job and appointment with the client. So, I am new at this so I figured I would give it shot.
I did everything that they said to do and I went to the appointment.

First off the client was 30 minutes late arriving to the appointment and then the lender had just FedExed the paperwork to him that day so he had not even had a chance to read it yet. So, I sat for another 30 minutes while he read over his documents only to have him refuse to sign the paperwork because he did not agree with the terms of the agreement. So, I told him to call the lender and I gave him my card to call me when he wanted to reschedule.

The MINUTE that I got into my car I called the company and was routed into a call center where they do not even tell you their name they just act like an answering service and post your comment to that database system that I mentioned earlier.

About 30 minutes later the client called me back and asked me to come back two days later so we set up a time and I hung up with him. When I got home I updated the system again.

On the day before the appointment the client called me back and canceled and told me that the man that he spoke with from the lender was coming to his house and that man was going to call me with details of how to proceed. So I updated their system again.

Next, an extremely rude person from mortgagedocs.com called me and basiclly grilled me as why the client canceled. I told him the specifics of my conversation with the client and his response was for me to still go there even though the client canceled. I said "no I will not do that" and he then wanted me to call the client to see why he canceled and told him "NO that is your job and it has nothing to do with me!" After that I got an automated response from their database saying the job was canceled. So I sent a reply back asking when I would get paid and there was NO RESPONSE.

A few days later they contacted me again to do another job and I sent them back an email insisting that I get confirmation that I would get paid for the first fiasco and complaining about the manner in which I was treated by the first guy. To that I got an email saying that the job was given to someone else and it was my fault FOR NOT UPDATING THEIR SYSTEM! That's when I lost it and told them I wanted my payment for the first job and not to contact me with any other work in the future.

So to make a long story short DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY! I am sure that I will never see the payment for the job but, I will just chalk it up as a learning experience.

Heather Devaney
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.