123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Mortgagedocs.com BEWARE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 3 people liked this post.1 person disliked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bhackett

South Carolina
3 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2017 :  10:13:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Guys
I have did several signings for this company and still waiting on payments since last Nov I have called and emailed for payment, I have called FASS as well, 08/24/17 their schedulers must be oblivious to whats going on they have enough NERVES to still call and ask you to accept assignment Laughing Hard Unbelievable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Tennessee
8 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2017 :  08:25:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit 10014's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Still trying to get paid for one from 03/18/2017
I emailed and called many many times.. I can't believe there are still in Business,... :-(

Penny Bowhall
Rockin Double B Services
PO Box 363
Thompson’s Station, TN 37179
Cell 615-400-0121
Penny@RockinDoubleB.com
Go to Top of Page

jdescafano

Florida
3 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2017 :  08:49:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone who has not gotten paid from Mortgage Docs please email me at jdescafano@gmail.com

Florida Notaries and Nationally

Joe Descafano
Go to Top of Page

jdescafano

Florida
3 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2017 :  10:47:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How many people here have worked for mortgage docs and have not been paid.,we,may need to file a suit.,this is ridiculous. Calling regulatory commission. Next.,

Joe Descafano

Edited by - jdescafano on 07/14/2017 10:49:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Florida
2 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2017 :  08:29:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit 109360's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have had the same issue. Have called over and over again. Their manager is awful. I finally called the title company that hired them and they are looking into for me. I even got a call from them to do more work and when I told them why I would not he told me I was not the only one who was complaining. DON'T WORK FOR THEM YOU WON'T BE PAID!!
Go to Top of Page

California
6 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2017 :  09:03:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit 103707's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I too had a hard time getting payment from them. Finally, I went to their website and emailed them from there. It's essentially this email: rudy.baldoni@mortgagedocs.com
Rudy got back to me the next day. It's terrible that they wait until youre frustrated or about to give up before sending payment.

quote:
Originally posted by 102740

Thanks for the info kylisah, I did a closing more than 120 days ago and I too have tried everybody including the CEO with no response. I saw your post so I went into my desktop and did a screenshot of the amount owed to me that states it was to be wired on 10/24/16. I also found the Title Agencies contact info so that will be my next step. I hope I get the same results you did.

Kimberly J Brennan

Monica Johnston
Go to Top of Page

Florida
7 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2017 :  7:15:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit 102740's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info kylisah, I did a closing more than 120 days ago and I too have tried everybody including the CEO with no response. I saw your post so I went into my desktop and did a screenshot of the amount owed to me that states it was to be wired on 10/24/16. I also found the Title Agencies contact info so that will be my next step. I hope I get the same results you did.

Kimberly J Brennan
Go to Top of Page

kylisah

Virginia
1 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2016 :  2:34:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FOR ANYONE WHO HAS CONDUCTED SIGNINGS FOR THIS GROUP AND ARE TRYING TO GET PAID: I was having a terrible time getting paid. Sent several calls and emails to the notary department, the CEO, the accounting department, billing department..pretty much anyone that would pick up the phone. I knew I must have hit a nerve because when I checked my back office, they had locked me out. However, I anticipated that might happen so I took a screen shot of desktop showing they owed me money and that it was supposed to have been wired out November 1st. All this for a signing that took place in SEPTEMBER! But I DID GET PAID AND HERE'S HOW:

When I downloaded the package for printing, the package was still in my downloads even after they locked me out of the back office. I looked in the package and found the contact number for the title company. MortgageDocs is not the title company. They are hired by the title company who DOES NOT want to be associated with a company that doesn't pay its people. I contacted the Title Company directly, who made one phone call to MortgageDocs. My check showed up 4 days later!

CALL THE TITLE COMPANY THAT HIRED MORTGAGEDOCS AND ASK THEM TO HELP YOU GET PAID!

quote:
Originally posted by BigLar

Consider yourself fortunate. Don't work for them. Universally bad.

quote:
Originally posted by RRusto

Despite MortgageDocs' multi requets for commission, E&O, and other information (background, certification), they stil do not give me work. However, maybe it's because they offer such a bad, bad fee (meant for a novice) in NYS. Last time I took an assignment was more than six years ago! Doubt it's a company any professional truly would want to work for.

Laurence

Go to Top of Page

BigLar

Minnesota
15 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2016 :  07:49:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Consider yourself fortunate. Don't work for them. Universally bad.

quote:
Originally posted by RRusto

Despite MortgageDocs' multi requets for commission, E&O, and other information (background, certification), they stil do not give me work. However, maybe it's because they offer such a bad, bad fee (meant for a novice) in NYS. Last time I took an assignment was more than six years ago! Doubt it's a company any professional truly would want to work for.

Laurence
Go to Top of Page

BigLar

Minnesota
15 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2016 :  07:45:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow...am I onboard with you all on this outfit. I will NEVER work for them again. Talk about a run-a-round! First the signing was on, then it was off, then on..then after I accepted the job, THEN they tell me they wanted ALL the 70 pages faxed back...whole package! Only sent me a return label after the docs were accepted. What jerks. Now the hassle of getting paid, I suppose.

Nope, never again.

Laurence

Edited by - BigLar on 11/23/2016 07:46:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Florida
2 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2016 :  1:55:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit 109360's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did a closing for them in April and only after calling the title company did I even get a response. They claim they have mailed me a check. Let's see if it comes on not. But I would never work for them again. Terrible company!
Go to Top of Page

jocelynj

Utah
30 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2016 :  09:38:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! Lets shut them down! You have to chase, and chase, and chase to get paid! This time, I still haven't been paid from two closings from June!

Jocelyn Waters
Go to Top of Page

lwalsh143

Pennsylvania
17 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2015 :  3:38:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit lwalsh143's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did a signing, it was a low rate but it wasn't too far. Now I am regretting it. I missed one initial on the 1003, and I immediately contacted the borrowers made arrangements to have it taken care of the next day so it would still go out via fed ex on Thursday for Friday delivery. I scanned the doc back to them and was waiting for a label. They did not send me a label on Thursday. I called them several time on Friday to express that if I did not get the label today the package would not go out until Monday(funding day) and would not arrive until Tuesday (late for funding). The only thing they were concerned about was docking my pay for missing the initials. I emailed them expressing that I did not agree with this practice as I fixed the error on my own dime, it did not cost them anything and I did not delay the package getting shipped. They sent the label late Friday so I had to come back to the office and print the label and run the package down to the fed ex location, costing me more money and time. I won't do any more signing for them.

Linda J Walsh
Go to Top of Page

RRusto

New York
6 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2015 :  1:33:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

gogogoral

2 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2014 :  11:15:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do...but of no avail.I updated their system 5 hours after signed--and in those 5 hours I heard NOTHING from them.

I was also given some line about them having to reimburse lender because the wrong docs were usedto title, the MortgageDocs, then me. Sounds like a RESPA violation. The lender issues wrong docs, & gets paid..and the notary gets nothing?..something wrong about that

by[quote]Originally posted by paulcr

If you have email from Mortgagedocs confirming your assignment and your notification of the time the borrower requested then turn them over to collections. If you didn't show for the signing that would be one thing, but you did show and they got the docs signed and in time for next day delivery so the time of the signing should not be a factor. The few times I have dealt with them they have left it to me to determine the time of the signing as long as it was on the day indicated on the docs so don't let them get away with it. They have no grounds for not paying.

Go to Top of Page

paulcr

North Dakota
34 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2014 :  2:24:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have email from Mortgagedocs confirming your assignment and your notification of the time the borrower requested then turn them over to collections. If you didn't show for the signing that would be one thing, but you did show and they got the docs signed and in time for next day delivery so the time of the signing should not be a factor. The few times I have dealt with them they have left it to me to determine the time of the signing as long as it was on the day indicated on the docs so don't let them get away with it. They have no grounds for not paying.

quote:
Originally posted by gogogoral

Here's an example of their work:
....when I was called at 9:30 for the same day close , I was told that I was the third notary. At which point I asked if an issue? Also, I asked if documents were available as I had other appts--I was told they were.
....upon receipt of the order, a comment was added: "reassure the borrower this will take place today". Adding an additional sense of urgency.
....upon confirmation with borrower, I sent the e-mail that "home all day, would like to meet at 11."
...I received a reply at 10:30 (while I was en route) re-confirming borrower request. To which I replied "yes".
...signed & dropped, no issues...or SO I THOUGHT
...docs revised, and even though they were notified of 11 AM meeting to accomodate a borrower who needed "reassuring"..they never technically OK'd the move of time. OR notified me of revisions, so now they pay nothing...no trip, no print.
Lender screws up, and notary gets the blame....DO NOT CHANGE THEIR TIMES, or you like I will also not be paid.
AND, will have to reconsider the risk/reward of these closings.

Go to Top of Page

gogogoral

2 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2014 :  11:12:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's an example of their work:
....when I was called at 9:30 for the same day close , I was told that I was the third notary. At which point I asked if an issue? Also, I asked if documents were available as I had other appts--I was told they were.
....upon receipt of the order, a comment was added: "reassure the borrower this will take place today". Adding an additional sense of urgency.
....upon confirmation with borrower, I sent the e-mail that "home all day, would like to meet at 11."
...I received a reply at 10:30 (while I was en route) re-confirming borrower request. To which I replied "yes".
...signed & dropped, no issues...or SO I THOUGHT
...docs revised, and even though they were notified of 11 AM meeting to accomodate a borrower who needed "reassuring"..they never technically OK'd the move of time. OR notified me of revisions, so now they pay nothing...no trip, no print.
Lender screws up, and notary gets the blame....DO NOT CHANGE THEIR TIMES, or you like I will also not be paid.
AND, will have to reconsider the risk/reward of these closings.
Go to Top of Page

Carla

Tennessee
53 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2014 :  1:53:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This company is a joke. Been to their offices in Orange County of course it's a boiler room..high rent..low pay to notaries.. However, if you are a California notary they pay $175 go figiure.
Go to Top of Page

Arizona
15 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2014 :  08:33:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit 32297's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just got a blast email from them to do a signing 37 miles away for $25. I accepted saying that I would only do this for $0 as they seem to want to not for profit notary. I got a phone call from them questioning my response. I was told that I didn't even know what the docs were. I responded to that by telling who ever I was talking to that I wouldn't even consider notarizing a single page at my neighbor's home for $25 and asked to be removed from their data base at which time I was hung up on.
The only way to get rid of companies like this is to quit responding to them. They have no respect for the professional that we are. Newbies will bite at anything thrown to them and need to be educated. If I could give them 0 stars that is what they would get. All you need to do is to sit down and figure out your true costs to do business. I did and it was an eye opener. Since then I only take assignments that are profitable to me. Mortgage Doc assignments never are.
Go to Top of Page

Arizona
15 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2014 :  08:21:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit 32297's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by indigoinvestigations

Accepted the signing, never got the docs. Communicated via phone and email all through the day of the signing appointment, which did not happen. If you have no docs you have nothing for anybody to sign, right? Got no less than five nasty-grams saying I would be docked for not getting the customer to sign. The last one chided me for failing to read the instructions....seriously?
This is a no-go for me.

hello

Go to Top of Page

indigoinvestigations

Michigan
10 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2014 :  2:38:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit indigoinvestigations's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Accepted the signing, never got the docs. Communicated via phone and email all through the day of the signing appointment, which did not happen. If you have no docs you have nothing for anybody to sign, right? Got no less than five nasty-grams saying I would be docked for not getting the customer to sign. The last one chided me for failing to read the instructions....seriously?
This is a no-go for me.

hello
Go to Top of Page

jdavisva

Virginia
67 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2013 :  6:48:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THE NERVE!!! So, this company emailed me again with a low fee in which I declined. I am an hour a way and its traveling up a rural mountain area (would burn a lot of fuel). I returned the email with what my fee would be. The rep calls me back the next day and tells me he got my fee approved. He verified my information and said he would set my account up with them and email me the confirmation. I never received it that evening. I emailed them the next day and another rep replied to me stating that this signing was not assigned to me and my fee was not approved. I kindly replied and told her the mans name that approved the fee and called me to confirm and asked for them to call me back.
Guess what, I haven't received a call or email.
Sounds like they found a person to take their low ball fee and left me in the wind wondering. I'm quite frustrated.

quote:
Originally posted by jdavisva

Me too! I haven't had any local call requests in a week, so
today when I received an email from Mortgagedocs.com I was excited until.... I read they wanted me to travel 1.5 hrs. one way for a ref. for only $65.
I promptly replied with a no thank you and asked them to pease contact me with signing in my area for my base fee.

quote:
Originally posted by notaryslife

Glad I checked here before I accepted their LinkedIn invitation. No way jose will I work for these low ballers.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Edited by - jdavisva on 12/03/2013 6:50:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

jdavisva

Virginia
67 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2013 :  5:38:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me too! I haven't had any local call requests in a week, so
today when I received an email from Mortgagedocs.com I was excited until.... I read they wanted me to travel 1.5 hrs. one way for a ref. for only $65.
I promptly replied with a no thank you and asked them to pease contact me with signing in my area for my base fee.

quote:
Originally posted by notaryslife

Glad I checked here before I accepted their LinkedIn invitation. No way jose will I work for these low ballers.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2013 :  6:03:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vendor Management

Thank you so much for your comments regarding MortgageDocs. We strive to partner with our Vendors to provide our clients with the most professional, accurate and pleasant signing experience possible. We were concerned to read your post about our scheduled fees. Our fees are based on the current industry standard for signing services and are always up for review if distance, fax backs or loan package is beyond the norm. We have also made recent changes in management and pay terms, including direct deposit. We think you will be pleased with the changes and hope you consider MortgageDocs in the future. If you are currently with MortgageDocs, please contact Vendor Management directly at 949-916-5519 or e-mail vendor.management@mortgagedocs.com to discuss your fee. We will happily update your profile and will do our best to work with you to get your requested fee when possible. We look forward to working with you in the future and for the opportunity to change your next Mortgage Docs post to a positive one. Thank you.

Thank you for your kind offer to update my profile. Please put me on your DO NOT CALL list.

Even your choice of screen name shows your contempt for notaries. "Vendor Management" as if we were serfs on your plantation to be "managed". The only good thing about your firm is the joke about offering a 15 dollar fee for fixing the mess made by a lowball accepting newbie.

Kenneth A Edelstein
http://kenneth-a-edelstein.com

Edited by - edelske on 10/22/2013 6:06:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Illinois
8 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2013 :  3:51:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit 29163's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I do regular work for Mortgage Docs, I get checks like clockwork twice a month, they are courteous, respecctful, never abrupt on the phone. Their system is consistent and well organized, you can know what you're going to get. I'm not sure about what I'm hearing from some notaries...
No, I'm not excited about their fees but their packages arrive timely, are consistent (always from the same lender so it's a no brainer once you've done a couple). As I repeatedly do error free and trouble free jobs for them they call me more for better jobs. Of course I choose to work directly for the title compaies and higher fees whenever I can, but I don't turn up my nose at hasselfree checks from anyone.
Go to Top of Page

readingnotary

Massachusetts
6 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2010 :  10:15:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit readingnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got called for a job from this company called mortgagedocs.com. The email was very impersonal; not contact person's name, no street address; just a phone number, website address and a link to there database for which you log in to the job, get all of the information on the client, a link to a pdf for the documents and then you add a comment when you have confirmed the job and appointment with the client. So, I am new at this so I figured I would give it shot.
I did everything that they said to do and I went to the appointment.

First off the client was 30 minutes late arriving to the appointment and then the lender had just FedExed the paperwork to him that day so he had not even had a chance to read it yet. So, I sat for another 30 minutes while he read over his documents only to have him refuse to sign the paperwork because he did not agree with the terms of the agreement. So, I told him to call the lender and I gave him my card to call me when he wanted to reschedule.

The MINUTE that I got into my car I called the company and was routed into a call center where they do not even tell you their name they just act like an answering service and post your comment to that database system that I mentioned earlier.

About 30 minutes later the client called me back and asked me to come back two days later so we set up a time and I hung up with him. When I got home I updated the system again.

On the day before the appointment the client called me back and canceled and told me that the man that he spoke with from the lender was coming to his house and that man was going to call me with details of how to proceed. So I updated their system again.

Next, an extremely rude person from mortgagedocs.com called me and basiclly grilled me as why the client canceled. I told him the specifics of my conversation with the client and his response was for me to still go there even though the client canceled. I said "no I will not do that" and he then wanted me to call the client to see why he canceled and told him "NO that is your job and it has nothing to do with me!" After that I got an automated response from their database saying the job was canceled. So I sent a reply back asking when I would get paid and there was NO RESPONSE.

A few days later they contacted me again to do another job and I sent them back an email insisting that I get confirmation that I would get paid for the first fiasco and complaining about the manner in which I was treated by the first guy. To that I got an email saying that the job was given to someone else and it was my fault FOR NOT UPDATING THEIR SYSTEM! That's when I lost it and told them I wanted my payment for the first job and not to contact me with any other work in the future.

So to make a long story short DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY! I am sure that I will never see the payment for the job but, I will just chalk it up as a learning experience.

Heather Devaney
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.