123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Nation Direct
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

emteen66

California
3 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2012 :  8:50:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit emteen66's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've politely asked this company to take me off their list but they keep calling. They offer $65.00 for 150 page loan packages with 25 pages of fax backs. I bargained it up to $120.00 but should have asked for more when I realized it was actually 70 pages that had to be faxed back. They then didn't give me the go-ahead to ship until 3:30pm the next day. I had to race around to find a drop off location in-between other signings. Too much trouble in my opinion when I have other companies to work with that provide reasonable pay and sensible policies.
Go to Top of Page

stucknlodi

California
4 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2012 :  4:04:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Payment received from Nation Direct. They paid within 2 weeks. Thanks for the input of yourself and others.

Valarie

Valarie Dye
Go to Top of Page

stucknlodi

California
4 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  6:10:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for a little more positive note. As i said in a posting before. As soon as the check arrives I can post that action or join others about refusing to take their calls. They offered me one price and I said are you kidding for the amount of paperwork to be down loaded, no less than $150.00. They agreed so we will see what happens. If nothing else lessened learned and I know that I have acquired their clients for any future notary needs.

Thank you

quote:
Originally posted by weetoeu247

i find that they are getting just a tad better. not as rude, and meeting my fees a little more. you know its like anything else, you got to fight fire with fire, and sometimes i have just been plain rude back at them and laughed at their offers. but they usually call back and pay me what i want. they hold your money as long as possible, but i know their check is always coming.

Valarie Dye
Go to Top of Page

weetoeu247

North Carolina
13 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  4:14:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i find that they are getting just a tad better. not as rude, and meeting my fees a little more. you know its like anything else, you got to fight fire with fire, and sometimes i have just been plain rude back at them and laughed at their offers. but they usually call back and pay me what i want. they hold your money as long as possible, but i know their check is always coming.
Go to Top of Page

gowithn

28 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2012 :  11:20:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I concur with Les' comments. He is spot on.
Go to Top of Page

Les_CO

Colorado
32 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2012 :  09:14:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Les_CO's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Why don’t you just pay THEM for the privilege of closing their contracted loan signings? That way you would NEVER have to worry about getting paid, and wouldn’t have to wait a month. You could send them YOUR payment along with the docs. By the way thanks for keeping a notorious low-baller in business, thereby taking orders from the SS’s that pay a decent fee, and the bread out of your fellow notaries, and their kids mouths.

Go to Top of Page

1 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2012 :  08:27:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nations Direct - The signing company - Does pay.
I have done dozens of signings for them and they send you an email update of your monthly total after every one so you always know how much they owe you. They always pay, but not until the 1st of the month following the signing. All closings performed in June get paid August 1st, all closings performed in July get paid September 1st... They mostly handle TSI (fine) and ORT (kind of a pain, always a huge fax-back). They always start at $60, but just tell them what you're willing to do it for and they will either get the fee confimed, or not. I'll sometimes accept a TSI with no fax-back for $60, but I usually get at least $80 for anything else. It's worth it because I know I'll never have a hassle getting paid.

Ed Buckingham
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2012 :  06:01:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Do they think that notaries go to clients home in their housecoats and curlers. "

No...but notaries DO show up in tank tops, raggedy shorts and flip flops - read enough of these forums and you'll see that. Title companies just want borrowers to know that they are being treated professionally and with respect - and IMO showing up in tank top and flip flops, jeans or shorts is not professional.

I've never had the luck of working with them, but if it helps you, I've heard from reliable sources that Nations Direct Title is a wonderful company to work with. (note it's the title company I'm speaking of, not the SS). I think you're going to like the business relationship you have with them.

Good luck!

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

cw2usarmyret

Virginia
122 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2012 :  05:30:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The reason for those lists is due to the Notary that did my closing. Wore blue jeans (came from working on his place). Docs printed from dot matrix printer (Yes they are still used) that was running out of ink. Complained about that "racket" that made him replace his old embosser (I've been a Notary for 40 years!) with a "new one that had his name on it". All he knew about the docs was that I needed to sign where my name was printed.

[quote]Originally posted by stucknlodi

They sent me a 2 page letter as to attire to wear and being professional. I thought that was weird. Do they think that notaries go to clients home in their housecoats and curlers.

Go to Top of Page

stucknlodi

California
4 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2012 :  8:37:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Donna, I just received a call from Donna at Nations Direct Settlement and Abstract located in Flordia. They are also Nations Direct Title Agency. Scheduled a signing for 7-26. Did you have an payment problems with them. They sent me a 2 page letter as to attire to wear and being professional. I thought that was weird. Do they think that notaries go to clients home in their housecoats and curlers.

quote:
Originally posted by 16330

The ND that I dealt with is out of Florida. I received my $150.00 this past Saturday. There are a few other notaries in my area but I'm not sure if they advertise much. Louisiana is different than most states in that we all have certain Parishes (we don't have counties) that we can do Notary work in.

Donna J. Caples

Valarie Dye
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  05:02:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa T.

78866: Just wondering.....why do you answer their calls? Why not save their numbers to your cell phone contact list and assign it a "no sound" ring? That way, the ringtone will be silent when they call and their calls will go to voicemail and eventually, they'll stop calling. Do they call from one office number or various cells phone numbers so as not to be recognized? That, right there ought to speak volumes about a company when they resort to calling from different cell phone numbers so as not to be recognized.

I only have to receive one call from a company that I find out is a deadbeat, slow payer or no payer....then I'm saving their number, including DEADBEAT, SLOWPAY, NOPAY next to their name [in all caps as in the example] and assigning their phone number a "no sound" ring. Their calls go to voicemail and I won't have to bother with them. Maybe you should try that, 78866, instead of speaking with them and letting them waste your cell phone anytime minutes. Good luck !

Lisa..just a quick FYI - I don't take ND (CA) calls either - but get tricked sometimes - they don't always come up on caller ID as easily identified - sometimes their schedulers call from cell phones whose number comes up blocked or unavailable...if I do end up talking to them it's usually by mistake!!

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

Lisa T.

California
391 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  10:00:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa T.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
78866: Just wondering.....why do you answer their calls? Why not save their numbers to your cell phone contact list and assign it a "no sound" ring? That way, the ringtone will be silent when they call and their calls will go to voicemail and eventually, they'll stop calling. Do they call from one office number or various cells phone numbers so as not to be recognized? That, right there ought to speak volumes about a company when they resort to calling from different cell phone numbers so as not to be recognized.

I only have to receive one call from a company that I find out is a deadbeat, slow payer or no payer....then I'm saving their number, including DEADBEAT, SLOWPAY, NOPAY next to their name [in all caps as in the example] and assigning their phone number a "no sound" ring. Their calls go to voicemail and I won't have to bother with them. Maybe you should try that, 78866, instead of speaking with them and letting them waste your cell phone anytime minutes. Good luck !
Go to Top of Page

n/a

North Dakota
1 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  08:22:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My experience with the CA Nation's Direct has been horrific! I did two signings for them this year and I waited 60 days each to get paid. When I called to inquire, I was rudely told they pay the 27th of the following month from the date of signing. They have called me non-stop yesterday and today. I told them yesterday to remove me from their list of notaries. They wanted to know why and I told them about the long delay in payment and having to fax back docs, phone calls for permission to "turn around". Again, today, I have had three calls and I told each one the same thing. The last one said they pay every month and I said for me they don't. She rudely repeated, we pay every month! I'm done with them, it isn't worth the hassle.
Go to Top of Page

Louisiana
7 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  05:58:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa T.

Donna, it would be helpful (going forward) to include a location when you are writing about a company (complete address if you have it would be even more helpful). As you can see from this thread that you were referring to one company (a good paying company) and I was referring a 2 star company (not so good and the 2 stars rating comes from notary rotary). Companies have similar names and one is a 5 star company and another a 2 star company. Not everyone knows about both companies.

Someone reading your post may take assignments from who they believe is the company you're referring to, and end up working for the 2 star company I was referring to. Or vice versa, they could turn down a loan signing from who they think is the 2 star company but the 5 star company is the company calling them. Now a Notary either worked for free from a 2 star company, or missed a loan signing from a 5 star company.

Location makes a huge difference when you write about a company. We don't want to accidentally praise a deadbeat nor do we want to accidentally malign a 5 star company. I hope I made my point.

Their address is 1100 Ocean Shore Blvd, Suite 5, Ormond Beach, Fl 32176 and their full name is Nations Direct Title Company.

Sorry for any confusion!

Donna J. Caples
Go to Top of Page

Louisiana
7 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2010 :  8:10:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Lisa T!

Here is the complete address from their letterhead that I received in their email when they sent the closing documents: NDT, Nations Direct Title Agency, 1100 Ocean Shore Blvd, Suite 5, Ormond Beach, FL 32176 and their email address is www.nationsdirect.net and on the check stub it had Nations Direct Title Agency, LLC Escrow Account.

Hope this info helps someone in the future.

Donna J. Caples
Go to Top of Page

Lisa T.

California
391 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2010 :  3:38:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa T.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Donna, it would be helpful (going forward) to include a location when you are writing about a company (complete address if you have it would be even more helpful). As you can see from this thread that you were referring to one company (a good paying company) and I was referring a 2 star company (not so good and the 2 stars rating comes from notary rotary). Companies have similar names and one is a 5 star company and another a 2 star company. Not everyone knows about both companies.

Someone reading your post may take assignments from who they believe is the company you're referring to, and end up working for the 2 star company I was referring to. Or vice versa, they could turn down a loan signing from who they think is the 2 star company but the 5 star company is the company calling them. Now a Notary either worked for free from a 2 star company, or missed a loan signing from a 5 star company.

Location makes a huge difference when you write about a company. We don't want to accidentally praise a deadbeat nor do we want to accidentally malign a 5 star company. I hope I made my point.
Go to Top of Page

Louisiana
7 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2010 :  11:05:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As far as I know we are still confined to certain Parishes. Of course with Louisiana, things can change and they don't bother to tell anyone! That's is why Louisiana is laughed at so much!

Donna J. Caples
Go to Top of Page

PWinFL

Florida
469 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2010 :  08:00:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit PWinFL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Donna,

Not to change the subject, but .... I thought that Louisiana notaries were now commissioned statewide, no longer being confined to certain parishes.

Never drive any faster than your guardian angel can fly.

I am not an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Florida,
and I may not give legal advice or accept fees for legal advice.

Visit us online at http://www.PAWnotary.com
Go to Top of Page

Louisiana
7 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2010 :  06:47:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The ND that I dealt with is out of Florida. I received my $150.00 this past Saturday. There are a few other notaries in my area but I'm not sure if they advertise much. Louisiana is different than most states in that we all have certain Parishes (we don't have counties) that we can do Notary work in.

Donna J. Caples
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2010 :  03:57:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 16330

Did a signing on 05/13/10 here in Louisiana and received a check from Nation Direct yesterday 05/22/10...great turnaround! Would love to be a regular with this company!

Donna J. Caples

16630:

Are you sure we're all thinking of the same company? There's a Nations Direct in CA (a signing service) and a Nations Direct Title Agency in FL (a title company). Major difference in both pay scale and treatment of notaries.

ND out of CA (a) does NOT pay $150 for ANY single assignment; (b) does NOT make only ONE phone call during the signing - more like half a dozen or more from start to finish; (c) almost ALWAYS requires major faxbacks; and on and on....

Please let us know - I cannot believe anyone would beg to be a regular with the Nations Direct out of CA...

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

Lisa T.

California
391 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  9:50:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa T.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
16330: Are you the only Notary servicing your area? Are you in a very rural area? ND is known for offering a $60 fee for their signings. If they are willing to pay you $150, it means there is no one else to do the signing and if you're the only Notary in your territory, they will need you again so it's of no use to them to stiff you. Or, they may do what other companies do: agree to anything just to get the signing completed to save their account with the TC, then short your check for the fee they want to pay, regardless of what they agree to in the confirmation.

Please post when you receive the $150. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

Louisiana
7 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  8:03:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't have any fax backs to do and was paid $150.00. I received one phone call after the signing to make sure that everything went okay and that was it.

Donna J. Caples
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Pennsylvania
2 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  3:57:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they require a ton of fax backs. fees are well below industry standard. they bug the crap out of you and coddle you through the closing. if you want that then nock yourself out. I'll pass
Go to Top of Page

Louisiana
7 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2010 :  2:55:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did a signing on 05/13/10 here in Louisiana and received a check from Nation Direct yesterday 05/22/10...great turnaround! Would love to be a regular with this company!

Donna J. Caples
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.