123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Flex Closing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 2 people disliked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jeninohio

Ohio
36 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2013 :  11:27:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit jeninohio's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got a check today for 15.5% of my "claim" which was more than I expected. The attorney is Pagter and miller out of Santa Ana, CA 714-541-6072

Jennifer Cotsmire
Notary Signing Agent
Go to Top of Page

busydoingclosings

1 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  07:49:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, would you by chance have the attorney info from your friend about flex? I did some closings and did not get payed. I did get a letter and misplaced this. I do remember that the letter stated that I could file a claim for any outstanding invoices. Please advise Thanks
Go to Top of Page

jcooper

0 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2013 :  12:48:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else heard about Flex Corp closing their doors? I know a notary who had recently worked for them receive a letter from a law firm who are attempting to pay their creditors. Apparently one of their BIG clients went under and so did not pay Flex and now Flex can no longer meet their financial obligations and so are unable to stay in business.
Go to Top of Page

joannieh

Michigan
40 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2013 :  02:57:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to agree that Flex has too much time on their hands when they call so frequently.

One time I got IRATE at the caller because she was calling me every Five to Ten minutes to find out if I was at the borrower’s house yet.

First. I got docs really late. It was snowing and roads were not good for driving. Closing in good weather was an hour and a half from my home. So, drive time was double because I couldn’t drive over 30MPH.

I told the girl, if it was a woman she would have known safety comes first, that I had spoken to the borrowers and they knew the situation and all was fine. She still called a few minutes later even though I told her I was a couple hours away.

After about ten calls I informed her that she was endangering my life by calling and taking my attention from the road. I let her know that if she called again I would turn around and the closing would have to be rescheduled when the documents could be received at a reasonable hour for our weather conditions. She still called me every few minutes.

Then I stopped the car to answer her call. I told her that I was not on my way to the borrower because I had to stop to answer the phone and each time I pull over I have to dig the tires out since I have to pull over to the side of the road and I get stuck. That was not true of course but she didn’t know that. She said I should be driving and not taking phone calls. So, with that comment, at the top of my lungs I demanded to speak to her supervisor. I told the supervisor that if I received ONE more phone call my fee would be tripled and due immediately by PayPal. That ended the phone calls.

When our safety doesn’t even matter to them how much do you think our professionalism means to them?

Joannie
Go to Top of Page

NCsignings.com

North Carolina
9 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2012 :  10:34:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit NCsignings.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lowballing jerks. When you are with an angry borrower, you call and no one answers or returns the call. You hear an announcement that tells you, "We love our notaries!" They didn't act like they loved me, and I really hate them. Not doing anymore for them.

I deserve decent pay, and what they offer isn't enough to make it worthwhile.

25. Attorneys' Fees. Attorneys' fees must be reasonable. LOL
Go to Top of Page

cw2usarmyret

Virginia
122 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2012 :  5:27:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got offered $70 for something 45 miles away. I told them what I would consider doing it for and the most they would pay was $85 with Faxbacks. I made a big mistake in signing up with them.
Go to Top of Page

cw2usarmyret

Virginia
122 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  5:47:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since I've never done anything for them I can not be a "disgruntled notary". Just for the heck of it I signed up with them. I listed my min fee for them. I got a snarky email telling me I wasn't getting anything since my fees were "not in line".

I looked at my avg fees for the past 2 months and the amount of faxbacks for each closing.

In order the get anything from Flex I would have to take a fee 26% less that my current avg. My Faxbacks would go from 0 per closing to 20-30 pages per closing.

I may be missing something but what is the benifit being with Flex?
Go to Top of Page

Starz

Oklahoma
24 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2012 :  4:12:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Starz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My response to Mr. Flex Closing (in addition to yours) would be, "Then explain why there are so many 'disgruntled notaries' that have worked for your company!"

I recently had the same conversation with another company. He stated that I shouldn't take the opinion of a couple of notaries. I said that I don't, but I do listen to them so I can make my own decision as to whether I want to start a business relationship with a company. There are always isolated occurances and unusual situation, but when the exact same problem arises over and over again....well, I heed their advice.

Result...they paid by Paypal.
Go to Top of Page

Connecticut
10 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2012 :  10:57:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit 1578's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just received a file from Flex and after going back and forth with my fee, they agreed. However I signed on to the Forum, only to find out the information i was looking for. Accordingly, I emailed them back and told them that I wouldn't do their file unless the paid me up front. His response was that only the "disgruntled notaries" wrote on the boards. My resonse to that was the only way we become disgrunted is when we are NOT paid. His response was "Goodbye" and I say Ditto.

Go to Top of Page

mapsypam

North Carolina
42 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  12:13:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love love love Flex Closings (aka wesigndocs.com) They meet my fee and have recently upgraded their notary online system to include Firefox. I have never had a problem getting paid from them and the people who work there are always friendly and helpful. I will work for them anytime.

Pamela Philyaw
Go to Top of Page

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2012 :  9:41:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
NEVER do it for less because there is supposedly 20 or 30 less pages in the package. Most of the time that is a lie. It is NOT the number of pages or toner , it has everything to do with the fact that you still have all the other fixed expenses PLUS UNLIMITED LIABILITY every time you do an appt. That means that you could be spending the rest of you life living in a used bread truck in Walmarts parking lot. Thats what I tell em. I have had people who fool around for 2 hrs with 20 pages to sign. Less pages does not mean less time with the appt. This is a cheap ploy some companies use.
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  7:56:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Per my initial post a few weeks ago here, I just got an email from Flex stating they are initiating payment for a laborious job I did for them on a Sunday (see my previous post, 24 journal entries!) for a lousy $50. The agreement was $60 after they lied it was 50, not 30 pages. There were notarizations on most all documents in the package for two people.

Just a heads up for other notaries, some of these agencies represent these small jobs that end up being a lot of work. They get you to agree to a low fee based on lies, and don't care what they put you through in the process. Flex was flexing it's muscles with me and I found them to be bullies demanding of my time with numerous phone calls and their web site having time consuming tech problems.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2012 :  1:26:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a friend who moved to Idaho. We have been friends for over 30 years, and I have grown to greatly respect his opinions. A few years ago he obtained a concealed carry pistol permit. Being of slight build, and getting up in the years, he feared the possibility of being a crime victim. He learned both the use and responsibilities involved in his choice.

He relayed to me the “Rules of Engagement” for those who choose to carry a gun. Many of the principles he HAS to follow I have adopted into my day to day life; though I am unarmed. These principles have application to all human interaction.

He is required to avoid getting into situations where conflict may develop. As an example he does not take a shortcut thru a dark alley; when there is a route two blocks longer to the same location. Knowing that he can defend himself requires that he take any and all steps possible to not have the need to do so.

If a conflict develops he must retreat if at all possible. If the only retreat is across a busy highway, and there is no other escape; then he may stand his ground.

He must make any and all possible attempts to diffuse the situation. He cites the example of a mugger with a knife demanding money. He would maintain a safe distance, throw a few twenty dollar bills on the ground and back away. I asked why surrender to the mugger. He told me it would be a lot less expensive compared to paying a defense attorney. Any time shots are fired he certainly would spend time in jail during the investigation; and possibly lose his permit.

He must maintain “non combatant” status at all times. Thus, he cannot “add fuel to the fire” – ever. He gives the example of driving 10 under the limit and angering someone in a hurry. When the other car finally passes they honk and “flip the bird”. ANY reply, even a “knowing smile” could have the effect of escalating the situation. If down the road the other motorist sets up a roadblock and charges him with a baseball bat screaming “I’m gonna knock your grinning head off” – and he has to defend himself – he will be in a world of trouble.

I do not have a gun. But, I see much wisdom in the laws regulating the behavior of those who do. The intent of the law is to avoid the loss of any life. “Pride cometh before the fall”. Thus, I conduct my daily affairs as if I were armed.

Avoid, retreat, diffuse, don’t escalate – all work well for me.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com

Edited by - edelske on 03/17/2012 1:52:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

kandy1099

Pennsylvania
121 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2012 :  5:17:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit kandy1099's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, so I am unsure what to do. I took a closing from Flex aka wesidocs, and am unsure if I should contact them and ask them find another notary or not. I can't afford to have yet another company decide they don't want to pay... Any advise? I don't mind the over protection of the loan, alot of signing services do that. I just want to make sure I get paid... UGH...

Thanks for any help...

Go to Top of Page

azdocsign

Arizona
89 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2012 :  08:54:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit azdocsign's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much Jeremy. I totally agree. We are here to help each other and friendliness on the message board is much nicer!

Job Well Done!
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2012 :  05:29:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeremy:

Please delete the "ugly" as it is off topic, irrelevant, and distracts from the good info contained in the thread.

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2012 :  9:29:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jeremy's message to notarylife and lindah. You both have made fantastic posts in past months/years -- but when you interact with each other it gets ugly. So, my request (humble request) is that you don't respond to each other, don't antagonize each other, and don't use the other person's name or reference their identity in any way. I want our forum to be a place of peace where great ideas are shared! Let's end the drama before it gets out of hand!

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  11:35:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are one sick cookie...how dare you.

BTW..thanks for the tip about my name on my website - overlooked that when I revamped it...thanks!

I'm done here..

Linda

Edited by - LindaH on 03/06/2012 12:55:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  10:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
......... inappropriate text removed....
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  10:24:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"This post was on a signing agency post, not the general posts where everyone sees "

I'm afraid you're wrong Cheryl - everyone can see your posts - other notaries AND all companies who choose to read this forum - and I do believe that's why Jeremy removed one of your posts...because of the tenor of it. No, I don't enjoy conflict...you post on an open forum you are open to comment. I was not nasty, surly or demeaning to you - I commented on how I read your review - and other companies will see what you wrote - therefore my personal opinion (and I stress "my personal opinion") of "occupational suicide" -

I'm entitled to my opinions provided I keep them civil and respectful, which I have.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  10:07:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda: I'm wondering why you post about issues that are really none of your business and are apparently predatory in nature. I see from your history you enjoy conflict.

This post was on a signing agency post, not the general posts where everyone sees so I'm curious why you are predatory in nature on this forum. Are you the moderator here? When rogue agencies take up such an enormous amount of my and others time, they need to be documented and I have no fear whatsoever. They are damaging to loan signing agents and their attitude is poor in view of their website problems. I don't think it's a good idea to get tangled up in this Linda unless you have any genuine issue related to this agency.

Did you see the former post before mine "they drive me crazy?" This is a crazy agency that thinks nothing of driving their loan signing agents nuts and I have a right to disclose my experiences with them on this forum. They contacted me again today in spite of my obvious displeasure with their continual unwanted contacts. They are participating in psychological warfare and taking up enormous amounts of time over their $50 loan signings.

quote:
Originally posted by LindaH

Notary's Life: I have never worked for this company so can't speak for or against them...but I *CAN* speak for what I see in your posts and I have only a two-word description of them...

"Occupational Suicide"

Linda

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  08:28:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Notary's Life: I have never worked for this company so can't speak for or against them...but I *CAN* speak for what I see in your posts and I have only a two-word description of them...

"Occupational Suicide"

Linda

Edited by - LindaH on 03/06/2012 08:29:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  07:51:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See YouTube*****showing how this company has no workable website in Safari and/or Firefox. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3nH1gY8E9zY

quote:
Originally posted by notaryslife

Highly dishonest and extremely cheap. Never again!!! I AM VERY ANGRY of this disruption of my Sunday over this misrepresentation!! I'm referring to their alias as well www.wesigndocs.com they masquerade under.

They misrepresented a job claiming 30 pages when it was 50 and they wanted me to do it for $50. They didn't say it would need fax backs. **Update** Just got back from the signing, this 50 page document was a NY seller package that required a A WHOPPING 22 JOURNAL ENTRIES FOR NOTARIZATIONS for two sellers (blood boiling). That's right, they originally offered $50 without telling me of a fax back. They misrepresented the amount of pages by 20 sheets. They had to get authorization to add $10 more I requested.

This is highway robbery I will never accept any jobs from FLEX Closing Corp again.

Other issues:

1. A Flex rep told me not to go to the appointment when I told him the seller didn't return my call. Later the seller called complaining I never showed up and rescheduled on a Sunday.

2 I let Flex know by email and phone repeatedly the appt time changed at the request of the borrower and was called and contacted numerous times about it. On Friday night I got a phone call from wanting to know the status of the closing from a rude man, Rasheed Horsford.

3. They gave incorrect cover sheet instructions to do the package in blue when NY law requires deeds in black the title company instructions provided they overlooked.

4. They ask notaries to take up their time to set up your profile in order to get the docs. I was on page two and there was a tech glitch so I couldn't sign in. They later said over the phone only to use Internet Explorer yet didn't include this info in the email or confirmation.

5 On my way to the signing on Sunday, they called me twice wanting to know the status of the signing. I got back-to-back calls by the same person! After the signing closed, I informed them by voice and email not to contact me again, that my contractual obligation was fulfilled.

6. I got to the signing and realized I had been ripped off for what should have been at least a $100 job for 12 notarizations for two sellers. It took up nearly 3 pages in my journal and an hour of my time, more than a 125 page refinance.

7. See updates for Monday below.

In California we get $10 per notarization. This was highway robbery.

Update*** Monday morning: I just got a little email claiming they've created a profile for me on their site with my user and password. I go to the site and after the pathetic flash intro and music, their site doesn't appear. I tried in both Safari and Firefox. http://www.wesigndocs.com/ My guess is you can only view it in Explorer which is just plain bizarre.

THESE ARE MORONS! EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS AGENCY IS INCREDIBLY IDIOTIC.

**UPDATE** Monday afternoon: I FINALLY got an approval for my fax back to ship at 3:00 p.m. I had faxed it to them on Sunday evening! Do they have any consideration whatsoever for a notary public's limited time and schedule? It should have been approved in the morning.

**UPDATE** Monday evening: A Flex person Rasheed Horsford emailed me with a well veiled "friendly reminder" form of harassment asking for me to update the FED EX shipping number in their system when the sellers told me they were given a shipping label and asked to ship it themselves. Though I had taken it to do it for them, I was under no obligation to record the shipment as a result.

**UPDATE** Monday evening: I was threatened by their Director of Operations
Roselle Estacio to be reported to the Secretary of State for my angry message to their last emailing person. If you don't put up with their harassment, they run to their mommy like the BULLIES THEY ARE. The contractual obligation ended Sunday evening I confirmed by voicemail to LEAVE ME ALONE. Yet they continued to contact with THREE MORE EMAILS and then a threat to go to the SOC about me!

THERE IS SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH THIS FLEX CLOSING AGENCY!!!! THEIR USURY OF NOTARY PUBLICS NEEDS TO BE WELL DOCUMENTED HERE.

I work for many agencies and I evaluate whether I want to work with any particular agency. This one tries to destroy those who won't participate in their well scripted operation. Seriously, it feels a lot like "resistance if futile" and they will assimilate those who resist their time consuming endless black hole activities.

This is the LAMEST agency I have ever had the DISPLEASURE of providing services to. What a scripted la la land these zombies are living in so out-of-touch with notaries out on the field to be so deliberately provocative and obnoxious.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Edited by - notaryslife on 03/06/2012 07:52:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2012 :  5:39:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's what they're supposed to do by law. Getting paid is what's supposed to happen. My your standards are low to list this as the only reason why you provide services to them.

quote:
Originally posted by dsikora07

this company has never done me wrong i always get paid..

have stamp will travel

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2012 :  12:45:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dupe deleted

Edited by - notaryslife on 03/04/2012 12:46:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Louisiana
2 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  1:31:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone, I received a call from Flex Closing (949)-861-3672

I was a little scared to take because I have searched around for any info.any complaints or good standing info. on.

Any help would be appreciated , Thanks Heid

24/7 Mobile Notary Public Services
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.