123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Newbie & Mentoring Section
 2nd background check by ServiceLink
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crtowles

California
553 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  11:48:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know this doesn't address your question but you have opened up a can of worms.

And Maggieost I do not mean to attack you personally. But this affects us all.

This is the most ridiculous 'you know what' that I have heard. Why do some of you continue working for these low ball companies, jumping through all of theses hoops for a lousy 60 dollars?? These are slave wages as far as I am concerned. When you continue to take these low fees you hurt us all. You deserve to be paid what you are worth and no less. If it wasn't for the 'notary public' these loan would not be closed. I realize that times are tough but if you crunch the numbers you are working for FREE. All parties involved are making an enormous amount of money while us notaries who authenticate the process are paid the least. This has got to stop.

If any of you are in California you have already had a comprehensive background check. No need for any additional B/C's.

~Carmen
Go to Top of Page

MoneyMan_TX

Texas
15 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2010 :  10:40:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by maggieost

I think my first quest WAS has anyone else had this problem with this company.

Maggie Ostergard

I gave my opinion based upon what YOU put in your first post. Didn't like being called out as being part of the issue and having the fact that the low ball companies are usually the ones that require more offbeat hoops to jump though, probably shouldn't have referenced the low ball accepted offer.
Go to Top of Page

Lisa T.

California
391 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2010 :  12:05:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa T.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maggieost: If you are a CA Notary, you are already background checked as a requirement to receive a commission. There's no need to pay for any additional background checks. If any company tells you the FBI and CA DOJ checks are not good enough, (I've been told this and my response was go take a long walk off a short pier) - they are just trying to separate you from you money.

If you are not a CA NP, and your state SOS does not require a BG check as a requirement to receive a commission, then by all means, get one if you believe it will elevate your credibility and status in the eyes of hiring entities.
Go to Top of Page

maggieost

5 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2010 :  06:16:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit maggieost's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think my first quest WAS has anyone else had this problem with this company. Yes, I know that Title companies pay more and are in my opinion the best and only place to work, but when one has no financial help some of the low ends get in as well. AS ANYONE had similiar issues with this company.

Maggie Ostergard
Go to Top of Page

maggieost

5 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2010 :  06:13:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit maggieost's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa T.

Maggieost, I hope you are not a California Notary Public.....please tell me you are NOT a CA NP.

why is that? just what are you asking?

Maggie Ostergard
Go to Top of Page

MoneyMan_TX

Texas
15 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  8:50:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IMO, Maggieost, part of the reason times are so hard is because so many notaries are accepting what I consider lower than professional fees. JMO, but I only accept professional offers, especially since SS companies are requesting a professional. I have not had any of the companies that meet my fees without any issues request a background check. I have had several of the very low paying companies request them.

Let me see, you want me to be certified, have a background check, be professional, print doc pkgs up to 200 pages, preform SA duties, fax the entire package back for $65?
Or I could accept an offer from one of my loyal customers, no bgc, SA duties, regular size package (larger ones they add additional e-doc fees), no fax backs, no hand holding for a minimum of $125-$150. Hard decision, but I'm going to have to go with my regular customer.
Go to Top of Page

Lisa T.

California
391 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  7:04:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa T.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maggieost, I hope you are not a California Notary Public.....please tell me you are NOT a CA NP.
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  4:04:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I was asked to provide a second background check several months ago and order one within the hour- However, I did not go to any of what S/L recommeded as they were the most expensive online. I went for a reputable company and faxed to them directly, I received another email about 2 weeks later stating i needed to comply or i would be removed from their services. I faxed again and then called, was told there was no date on the fax so they couldnt tell when this was completed. I took screenshopts of completion date and bank account withdraw and forwarded again. They called me yesterday to complete job that was cancelled because of family emergency for the borrower. They called back 5 min later to tell me i was no longer in the database? although they told me that vendor services was in the office i could not get through so i faxed again. Just called them, guess what they told me if i had faxed and emailed them the database would have been undated then??? so i am faxing again to 866.834.7479 as directed by vendor management head- Lost my Monday morning job now. they are the lowest paying company i have worked for and what is with not using the undated material? if times werent so tight i would not even accept their big $65.00 jobs. Anyone else having problems with the vendor department?

Maggie Ostergard

Wow....all those hoops for $65...that's ridiculous.

I've never worked for them and, after reading this and other feedback about them, I never will.

Again...wow....

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

Maple

51 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  2:40:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The whole idea of accepting a faxed background check from the person who has been checked is rather silly. How does the recipient know it wasn't photoshopped, or made up from whole cloth. The right way to do it, if it is being paid for by the person being checked, would be for the person who was checked to send a link to the background check service, together with any required userid or longin (these would only work for the entity receiving the check; the person who was checked would have a different userid and login).

The method of providing a link, userid, and password was how my Red Cross background check was done. The Red Cross paid for it, and as a bonus, I could send the link to anyone I wanted to for three months. Sorry, I've lost track of the name of the company that did the check.

The results were reported as just a satisfied/did not satisfy the requrements. I passed, but if I hadn't, the Red Cross would only have been told I didn't meet the requirements at that time, and I would have been given information about what the problem was, so if it was something that could be fixed, I could get it fixed.
Go to Top of Page

PWinFL

Florida
469 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  10:38:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit PWinFL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

if times werent so tight i would not even accept their big $65.00 jobs. Anyone else having problems with the vendor department?

Maggie Ostergard

I have no problems with them. Why? Because I won't work for them. I really don't care how tight things are, if it is going to cost me money to do a signing, I'm better off not doing it. $65 for an email closing is not enough to cover my expenses including my time and worth. So I just won't do them.

Never drive any faster than your guardian angel can fly.

I am not an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Florida,
and I may not give legal advice or accept fees for legal advice.

Visit us online at http://www.PAWnotary.com
Go to Top of Page

maggieost

5 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  07:42:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit maggieost's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was asked to provide a second background check several months ago and order one within the hour- However, I did not go to any of what S/L recommeded as they were the most expensive online. I went for a reputable company and faxed to them directly, I received another email about 2 weeks later stating i needed to comply or i would be removed from their services. I faxed again and then called, was told there was no date on the fax so they couldnt tell when this was completed. I took screenshopts of completion date and bank account withdraw and forwarded again. They called me yesterday to complete job that was cancelled because of family emergency for the borrower. They called back 5 min later to tell me i was no longer in the database? although they told me that vendor services was in the office i could not get through so i faxed again. Just called them, guess what they told me if i had faxed and emailed them the database would have been undated then??? so i am faxing again to 866.834.7479 as directed by vendor management head- Lost my Monday morning job now. they are the lowest paying company i have worked for and what is with not using the undated material? if times werent so tight i would not even accept their big $65.00 jobs. Anyone else having problems with the vendor department?

Maggie Ostergard
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.