123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Free For All
 Do company names help?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a

Connecticut
1 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  08:58:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was part of a partnership for a couple of years, but now that I am on my own I receive way more calls than previously. A few of my regular clients said that they prefer dealing with a single notary than companies. So because I was told that I decided to just use my personal name and not get a business name.

Go to Top of Page

azdocsign

Arizona
89 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2009 :  06:07:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit azdocsign's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I started out using just my personal name and later utilized a company name. Now I advertise with my company name secondary.

My clients report to me that they search for me by name. I have a company name that is a limited liability company and I must list this name as well because law mandates that I must inform my customers of this standing. The same is true of companies with incorporated names.

Some companies feel that if you advertise under a company name and have a company email address; it shows that you are in the business for the longevity.

If we act as a sole proprietor, we do not have to advertise/list our company name.

Thanks for asking us!

Edited by - azdocsign on 11/30/2009 1:50:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2009 :  1:36:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sometimes notaries do a hybrid company name. I had one lady who's service was called, "Ellen the Notary". You could also say, "Jake's notary service". Another person had a company name and a hyphen and then his first name. XYZ notary services - Mike. Name recognition is a big factor, if people know your name, they will be likely to call you sooner than the ones they don't know.

Go to Top of Page

PWinFL

Florida
469 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2009 :  05:43:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit PWinFL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Personal or Business? That's a hard decision to make. In my opinion, a personal approach attracts individuals looking for the personal service. The business approach seems to attract people (and businesses) looking for 'commercial' services. Thus my approach has been a corporate approach (e.g. company name, address, business phone, and a company website) but making the copy (written words) of a personal nature using "I" in places instead of "we", where appropriate. All in all, my advertising isn't by name but by function. My signs, placards and advertising collateral always emphasizes "Mobile Notary Services" and a telephone number. That is followed by the company name and website. My newsprint listings are geared for both. One time I'll run "personal" ads directed to the private citizen. Another time it'll be a "business" ad directed to professional business, e.g., doctors, lawyers, real estate agents, etc., that always need notarial services.

For the listing services, such as 1-2-3, NotaryRotary, etc., geared primarily to the signing agent industry, it is probably better to be listed by name, since it is a person that the lender, title company and/or signing service is looking for. A business or company name is ancillary to the listing.

For B2B (Business to Business) sites, such as LinkedIn, Merchant Circle, etc., a business name is almost a requirement. Let's face it, it is businesses looking for a business.

So, depending on the type of audience you are pursuing, will dictate what type of advertising approach to take. If you want to attract both private individuals and business clients, then advertise to both.

I have had many 'business' referrals due to 'private' notary services, as well as vice versa. Therefore, to minimize expenses, the ultimate approach would be able to satisfy both audiences with one approach. I don't know if that's possible, but certainly the goal.

Never drive any faster than your guardian angel can fly.

I am not an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Florida,
and I may not give legal advice or accept fees for legal advice.

Visit us online at http://www.PAWnotary.com
Go to Top of Page

Lisa T.

California
391 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  9:15:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa T.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had a company name when I first started. I got more calls when I removed the company name and was just a me. One person I did general notary work for said when he was looking for a notary, he didn't want to deal with a company but a person. I also think that having a website with flowers, pastel colors and soft font (script) is more welcoming and nurturing. My business cards are reflective of my website and I get a lot of compliments on my business cards. The personal touch is less intimidating, so it seems. This has been my experience.
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  7:09:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Many of our notaries have a company name. It is a legal requirement to register your company name. Does it help to advertise on 123notary using a company name rather than a personal name? Do you get more business if you advertise with a company name? Do you get more respect? I would like to hear especially from those who had a personal name, and then switched to a company name. Of course it takes a while to develop name recognition which is another factor.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.