123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Mortgage connect LP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 5 people liked this post.1 person disliked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

FLnotary1

Florida
4 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  3:22:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I revolted against Mortgage Connect today. This company now "mandates" that notaries attend their training sessions. I sat through one a few months ago, now they have another.
I have not had any assignments from them this year. This mandate is a violation of the independent contractor arrangement. If they want my time it is available for $75.00 per hour.

I sent a e-mail stating that if they were unable to accept the standards of the National Notary Association they should remove my name from their lists.

Go to Top of Page

Texas
1 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  07:25:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the heads up. Has anyone had any trouble with Pacific Title company located in Allen Texas?

Sandy Ivy
Go to Top of Page

lsaversl

Texas
9 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2014 :  1:48:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NOTARY BEWARE-2 sets of 150 docs, 70-100 page fax backs for $75.00-I asked for $125.00, and they said I was pricing myself out, and that they wouldn't call me anymore, I said it was a pleasure doing business with you.

Larry Saverslak
Go to Top of Page

solanda10

Texas
1 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2014 :  09:36:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the heads up about MC they called me the other day. I was wondering where they get my information. I read the package but I always ask about companies before I sign with them. Thanks for saving me the headache I'm new just got my certification in May of this year 2014. Please let me know of some good companies thanks.

Solanda Harris
Go to Top of Page

debmillers

Florida
6 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2014 :  08:27:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit debmillers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is one of the companies that is now requiring copies of your full background check not the certificate. This is ridiculous. These bad companies are the only ones requiring this.This opens up a privacy issue and everyone needs to be aware of this. We all know that there is a high turn over in employes at a lot of these companies and if they have all our information our chances for Identity Theft increases. I also have a background check with the federal government for another job I have and no one can even see it. All they can know is I passed.

Go to Top of Page

Grandy

North Carolina
31 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2014 :  1:46:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have recently completed two signings for this company. I agreed to the fee - decent and the signings were local. Unfortunately, I didn't ask about the fax backs. The last one was over 60 pages. Not only does it take extra time - which I should be paid for - but the cost of ink now is extremely high. Forget it. I will send back the package asap, and will be happy to send 4-6 pages over fax if needed, but never again will I accept the fee and send 60 pages outside the package. Always ask them how many pages and then charge for that as well as your usual fee!
Go to Top of Page

peanut20

Minnesota
33 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2014 :  2:50:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got a call from them, She wanted to talk to me about a closing I did 3 weeks ago, and Im thinking OH OH, I had faxed back all the docs and the next morning they called and asked if I had collected funds, which I did, I forgot to fax a copy of the check, no big deal I hadn't dropped yet and sent it over. Now 3 weeks later I get a call to discuss what I had missed, needless to say I wasn't to pleased being lectured about something that was corrected at the time of the closing and Im done. They are just not worth it.

john
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
742 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2013 :  5:51:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have read the prior posts and find a common theme - most, not all, of you are responding to their conditions. That's absurd. YOU are the "vendor" they are the "customer". It is the vendor who sets the terms not the buyer. Can you image the reception I would get at Exxon if I told them to fill it up and invoice me, that if my car stalls due to perceived moisture in the gas I would deduct 35%.

Many of you negotiate from a point of weakness, discussing a set of arbitrary terms from your customers, pardon me but that's back asswards.

Yes, I can add your assignment to my schedule. MY terms are as follows, NO - I don't want to hear YOUR policies - MINE are the only relevant ones.

You have half an hour to PayPal the full amount - only then do I make a calendar entry.
My fee for a standard job is $150, around 150 page max, I fax for one dollar a page, I call you if I need your help, you don't call me.

That's not how you like it? Then find someone else, and please put me on your "do not call list" so we won't have this conversation again.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

lsaversl

Texas
9 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2013 :  10:52:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Should have read your note-They are becoming the whores of the industry-they call you up, minimum one set 140 docs, plus another 140 for the borrower, then critical 40 page fax backs, and they want it done for $75.00, you negotiate a higher price wish is acceptable to them, which is higher that there minimum, they call you back, and say that it was already assigned to someone else. If this is the standard of what they want for notaries, then I will not be a part of there of there unethical practices

Larry Saverslak
Go to Top of Page

peanut20

Minnesota
33 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2013 :  1:51:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am reading these post as I sit over my fax machine watching 40 pages work its way through and saying to myself why the hell did I take this closing for 75.00. I was slow and thought well keep myself bust for a few hours, not worth it, Im done with them. They want us to whore out cheap for them, Im finished.

john
Go to Top of Page

sherrigabel

North Carolina
3 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2013 :  4:42:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have sent them the following letter, which will also be sent to any other company who is in bed with NNA for all these forced background checks that, in my case, literally haven't changed a single word since my first background check done in 2004. Well the date completed and my address has changed a few times, but nothing else.

Dear Sir/ MAAM,

After reviewing this email from your company I need to ask that you remove me from your data bank. I understand national standards require background checks. The depth that your company wants is ridiculous. It is not an industry standard to use NNA, $99 plus membership, or the US Special Services, $47 base cost with many additional add on costs, that is a company preference that along with your company's low rate of pay and required fax backs will continue to harm your business as many other notaries feel the same as I do.

If I were to become an employee of your company than your company would be able to control how I do my job, what tools I need for my job, being able to make determinations on whether or not I have a driver license and a DMV record, etc, but since I am an independent contractor, that has been trained to do my job to the industry standards, who has been background checked many times, with at least 2 completely different background checks each year at a much lower cost together than just one with the NNA I find it unexceptionable that I be forced to use background companies who are getting rich off other notaries as well as myself.

In the past I have enjoyed working with your company, but with all the additional costs your company's requirements would cost me if I were to comply, it has become too costly to continue our contractor/ independent contractor relationship. If in the future your company decides to foot the costs of the NNA or US Special Services or decides to increase the fees your company is willing to pay per closing, please feel free to contact me to renegotiate the contractor/ independent contractor requirements.Until that time,again as of this date, Dec 2, 2013, I am again requesting that you remove me from your data base of notaries.

Thank you,

SHERRI GABEL
Go to Top of Page

Paulin

24 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2013 :  07:16:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear, Sir/Ma.

Legitimate offer of FC and SS Bank Guarantee (BG) and Standby Letter of Credit (SBLC) alongside a number of other Bank Instruments specifically for Lease with the option of sale optionally available from a certified financial group. We deliver cautios of the time line required for the completion of transactions and other intermediaries are welcome to deal. Other financial instruments such as MTN, CD, DLC, PB are also available.

Kindly contact me for serious enquiries via email or on Skype.

Email: paulin.lease@gmail.com
Go to Top of Page

closer2001

Maryland
13 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2013 :  04:52:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 4 signings that go back over 60 days that I haven't been paid on. Beware!!
Go to Top of Page

TGS1985

California
201 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2013 :  3:03:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit TGS1985's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They contacted me this morning. Asked me general questions such as my going rate and what not. Informed me that they would like to send me an email that included their vendor package.

What they failed to mention to me was that they would require me to go through NSA training with their company and that I would have to have a background check through the NNA. I guess my nearly half dozen years of full-time signing experience means nothing along with the FBI/DOJ background checks I get every four years.

Now I'm reading that said training costs money while at the same time they pay poorly. Not going to bother signing up with them.

- Tyler Soares -
Notary Public & Loan Signing Agent
www.mobilestocktonnotary.com
www.saccitynotary.com
Go to Top of Page

micheler96

California
43 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2013 :  5:34:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit micheler96's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When I got my NNA Publication w/ MC on the cover w/ some other peeps, I was shocked ;(. This group of yahoos really don't know what they are doing. I'll work for ServicLink, LSI, FNT, & a host of other Title/Escrow & SS's. But MC, what a joke, I wonder how much they paid for "rubbing shoulders" w/ the Big Guys & Gals up there?

Michele Ryan, Certified Loan Signing Agent
Go to Top of Page

micheler96

California
43 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2013 :  5:31:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit micheler96's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well stated!!!!!!!!! Thank you, you really said it all. MC really put it to me & I told them so. I have SS's I work for that value my experience & expertise. Also, the NNA is a lobbyist group working closely w/ "major players". I know what I am worth, I know what I'm willing to do & what I am not willing to do. Thank you again!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by notaryslife

It's really become very clear these companies that attend the N-N-A conference and advertise under that banner in the N-N-A Magazine to LSA's are co-conspirators with that organization to keep our fees as low as possible. They are all working together to lower our fees!

Those of us in the industry the past four years know these folks all used to be quite good but sometime around early this year they started to low ball notaries and use cheesy cattle call text methods to try and get lower fees out of us. They have put their priority to lower fees above the quality of our work. They really don't want to pay for experience any longer.

Mortgage Connect hand holds and requires fax backs offering $90. They require us to fax our work for approval. The women who work there are psycho intense.

Our enemy really seems to be the N-N-A while appearing as our partner, they work with these companies to harm us, not help. They are also currently profiting from flooding our industry with too many LSA's through their live training programs. They know if there are too many LSA's in the market this will help their partners keep our fees as low as possible.

They can all go to hell, it's become crystal clear these people want to sink our fees and rob us of a good living! They want cheap $50 whores in this business.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2013 :  4:33:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's really become very clear these companies that attend the N-N-A conference and advertise under that banner in the N-N-A Magazine to LSA's are co-conspirators with that organization to keep our fees as low as possible. They are all working together to lower our fees!

Those of us in the industry the past four years know these folks all used to be quite good but sometime around early this year they started to low ball notaries and use cheesy cattle call text methods to try and get lower fees out of us. They have put their priority to lower fees above the quality of our work. They really don't want to pay for experience any longer.

Mortgage Connect hand holds and requires fax backs offering $90. They require us to fax our work for approval. The women who work there are psycho intense.

Our enemy really seems to be the N-N-A while appearing as our partner, they work with these companies to harm us, not help. They are also currently profiting from flooding our industry with too many LSA's through their live training programs. They know if there are too many LSA's in the market this will help their partners keep our fees as low as possible.

They can all go to hell, it's become crystal clear these people want to sink our fees and rob us of a good living! They want cheap $50 whores in this business.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Edited by - notaryslife on 07/21/2013 4:39:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

micheler96

California
43 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2013 :  1:17:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit micheler96's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ann Marie, THANK YOU FOR TELLING THEM YOUR FEE IS $125. It hurts all of out here when doing signings for less than what we are worth.

quote:
Originally posted by amw333

I received a call from Mortgage Connect last week. The person on the other end said that she was calling becasue they show that my base fee is listed at $125.00, which includes their required 40+ pages of "fax-backs." She said that the industry standard for my area (Northern Virgina, about 40 miles west of Washington, DC) is $70.00, and asked if I would be willing to have her update their system to show my fee as that. I said, "Absolutely not!" Are they kidding? Who can afford to close a loan for $70.00, especially when they require fax-backs that take an additional hour of your time? I think they are in serious trouble.

AnnMarie

Go to Top of Page

Joannie

Wisconsin
4 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2013 :  12:46:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Joannie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had a very bad experience with this company. Had questions about the loan docs, couldn't get an email back or phone call. Got the job done, then had to collect for weeks to get payment. OH, and the faxbacks...! This company is on my black list. Fortunately, my list of companies I refuse to do business with is short. But, in the future, I will definitely check here for companies I have not worked for.
Go to Top of Page

amw333

Virginia
10 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  4:44:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I received a call from Mortgage Connect last week. The person on the other end said that she was calling becasue they show that my base fee is listed at $125.00, which includes their required 40+ pages of "fax-backs." She said that the industry standard for my area (Northern Virgina, about 40 miles west of Washington, DC) is $70.00, and asked if I would be willing to have her update their system to show my fee as that. I said, "Absolutely not!" Are they kidding? Who can afford to close a loan for $70.00, especially when they require fax-backs that take an additional hour of your time? I think they are in serious trouble.

AnnMarie
Go to Top of Page

jocelynj

Utah
24 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2013 :  1:32:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great company to work for. I am always happy to get a call from them. Yes, they require faxbacks, but they compensate for them. No problems getting paid, as long as you submit their invoice.

Jocelyn Waters
Go to Top of Page

busynotary

Colorado
13 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2013 :  4:22:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I usually am paid if they get my invoice. They require fax backs on all loans plus an invoice that can be emailed. If they don't get the fax backs, you'll have to resend. If you forget to send the invoice, they won't remind you, so don't forget. Labor intensive. Ask for more $$.
Go to Top of Page

GentleGiant

North Carolina
11 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  5:11:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have closed 3 loans for this company thus far. I have had no adverse situation arise and was paid in in EXACTLY 14 days....I just wish all Companies would pay as quickly....SMILE....
Go to Top of Page

micheler96

California
43 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  3:34:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit micheler96's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jason Gold no longer works @ MC. Not sure what happened, I was attempting to reach anyone there, since I had an issue w/ a set of docs. If you read my earlier blog from today, you will know why;). Anyway, I wasn't able to leave a v/m for Jason there because they have disconnected his v/m. Of course they probably won't update their paperwork or e-mails for him either.

Michele Ryan
Go to Top of Page

micheler96

California
43 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  3:30:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit micheler96's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ugh!!! Apparently I've upset either one or more employees here @ MC. I've done the fax backs, follow up w/ each firey hoop they have us Signing Agents do for them. Well, they were micro managing me & I told that employee, I've done everything MC has asked & yet you barrage me with follow up calls on top of it. Well, this week, they gave me a signing, which the phone # wasn't of any use. I've e-mailed & called requesting a better #. No response for 4 days. Today, I got an e-mail telling me to confirm w/ the Borrower. Well, I forwarded my e-mails, & told them it would have been nice if they would have responded to my requests on Monday. So I got the #, confirmed. I requested docs from them. No response, AGAIN. So, I go to the website & find them. I called because there is an issue. 4 phone calls later, I get an exasperated employee when I mention my name. Tell me, should I tell them or just let them figure it out? Management there needs to fix a very broke system of communications or just Block their phone # from reaching me & bothering me with total incompetence? Tongue in cheek here.

Michele Ryan
Go to Top of Page

active

Virginia
38 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2009 :  2:04:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got a call from this company today asking notaries to do closings for them. Has anyone worked with this group before? I don't see anything on the site about them. Before I sign up with them I was hoping someone else has worked with them and could share their working experience with the rest of us. It is my experience that companies cold calling notaries to sign on with them is a bad omen.
Thanks, Chris
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.