123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 AmTrust E Signings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  04:15:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going to check it out further too, Michelle - I want to get up to speed with these. I did the AmTrust Webinar over a year ago (and lost my internet connection 10 minutes into it!!) - never did do any more about it as I'd never had a call for it but recently a SS has asked if I do them - so maybe it's my time!...:)

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

inotarize

Alabama
55 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  7:15:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit inotarize's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Linda,

I don't have an answer to your question. You may be right about Flagstar. If I find out anything I will definitely post in this forum.

I do have a mobile office which includes a laser printer in the trunk of my car so I wouldn't be concerned about needing to print on the spot. However, I realize this many not be feasible for everyone.

Michelle L. Riley
Huntsville Mobile Notary - We Come To You!
Serving North Alabama since 2006.
Phone: (256) 503-6595
Email: HuntsvilleMobileNotary@Gmail.com
http://www.huntsvillemobilenotary.com
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/AlabamaNotary

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  5:36:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Michelle - is AmTrust still doing them after the takeover? I know they're not scheduling any webinars any more though their training materials are still accessible on the website.

I'd heard FlagStar was taking over the e-signs for them - I viewed the FlagStar tutorial and, to be honest, I have some concerns...one of which is (and also confirmed by another notary who did a FlagStar signing)... there's an option during signing where the borrowers can opt out of signing electronically and choose to sign ink signatures -which to me means we need to be capable of spontaneous random printing. Do we all walk around with laser printers in our pockets?

Just curious about this little wrinkle.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

inotarize

Alabama
55 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  5:00:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit inotarize's Homepage  Reply with Quote
2009 was a busy year for me and e-signings from AmTrust. I like doing them for several reasons: 1) they command a higher fee; 2) fewer loan docs to print; and 3) if you do your homework you can stand out from your competition.

Here are my thoughts about e-signings. I expect not everyone will agree with me and that's fine but here it is:

1) If you want to be viewed as an e-sign expert/professional, invest in the laptop and aircard. By using your own equipment each and every time you can park the Gemstone log in screen under your favorites; and you can guarantee that your computer has all the necessary "cookies, firewall, RAM/GIG (what i want to say is 'juice') that is compatible with the e-sign software. Relying on the borrower's equipment may pose problems.

2) Practice. Practice. Practice. After going through AmTrust's training I made sure that I logged on to the site one hour before the loan closing just to make sure the loan docs were retrievable AND (most importantly) that I could go through the log on process like a pro. The last thing you want to do is to look anything other than proficient in front of the Borrower.

3) If you are a computer savvy person then you should have no problem doing e-signs. ON 3 occasions I was called out to do an e-sign because another notary claimed "they couldn't access the docs or the signature button wasn't visible". The site uses two scroll bars and believe it or not, if you don't pay attention you'll think you've scrolled down far enough but you haven't. I'm not kidding you guys. This happened three times.

4) Some Borrowers aren't that happy about not receiving hard copies of the docs and AmTrust has strict instructions about not making exceptions. To be honest, I think that this is a detail that the Borrower forget about. Last year I reminded the Borrower, when confirming the appointment, that I would not have copies of all forms and gave them the option of having the electronic docs saved on a disc or jump drive. If I remember correctly, emailing wasn't an option unless you save the docs to your computer.

I haven't been asked to an eSign for three months. Now that the Holidays are over I'll check with the Title company and find out if volume is down for my area or all over.

Those are my thoughts on the matter.FWIW.

Michelle L. Riley
Huntsville Mobile Notary - We Come To You!
Serving North Alabama since 2006.
Phone: (256) 503-6595
Email: HuntsvilleMobileNotary@Gmail.com
http://www.huntsvillemobilenotary.com
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/AlabamaNotary

Go to Top of Page

eefairy303

Texas
47 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  2:13:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit eefairy303's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i've also done a few of those signings.....it's a great way to save "some" paper but they do take quite awhile. they send you a link, username and password and are available if you're not able to log on. they are pretty helpful. i make sure the borrowers have a computer at home because the cost of me buying a laptop/wireless card/monthly fee for the service would not be beneficial for me. they do take a bit longer but they met my fee and were nice to work with.

Go to Top of Page

avivaj14

Pennsylvania
27 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  12:02:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The AmTrust E Signings that I have done have been through a SS thatI do work for and my fee was worked through them. I have also been lucky enough that with all of the ESigns that I have done, the borrower had a computer that we used. Also it seemed that there were fewer docs (30-40 pages) that needed to be wet signed. Now that I am more comfortable with them, I like the E-Signs alot.
Go to Top of Page

Arizona
6 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  09:44:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit 15271's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have done a couple of AmTrust e signings and found them to actually take longer. In every case I still printed almost 100 pages (X2) and then had the additional computer time. Granted the computer portion is very simple and goes quickly but the majority of the other documents need to be eliminated. If they would only do the required "wet" documents it would be a nice system.
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  11:21:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Who can tell us how it is to work with Am Trust. We need information on them so the notaries will have an idea of how they are.

BTW...Wireless internet is around 60-80 per month with a two year contract. Reception varies. I have verizon and it cuts out all the time.

If you want to do e-signings, meditate and ask the universe if you will get at least three signings per month, and then its worth getting the wireless card ( unless you want it anyway to go to coffee shops and browse the internet ).

http://www.123notary.com/signco-idv.asp?sid=735&Amtrust

Go to Top of Page

FCN2008

New Mexico
11 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2009 :  08:22:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit FCN2008's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LindaH

Lee, I could be wrong but I think the $75 is the cost of the card itself - not the monthly fee - at least that's how I read the post.

Linda

Yes Linda - you are correct the card is $75.00 total not a monthly fee. I have a wireless card not an air card. Yes an air card I understand has a monthly fee attached (AT&T, Verison etc..), but you can also recoup our cost by calculating the fee into your fee for the e-signs when you receive the payment apply it against those accounts. I have not had a problem being able to login to any of the websites at any of the assignments. I do a great deal of e-signs through several signing companies I am contracted with and my card has paid for it self many times over and I do not pay a monthly fee at all. I have other technical devises I use but I have been doing this for many years and I am fortunate to have the new technology at my fingertips and can determine if it is worth the expense. It take a while to get familar with the new stuff.

Are any of you attending the NNA Conferance in June? They have all the information about the e-signs. plus much more. I find the conferences a valuable tool. FCN2008
Go to Top of Page

PWinFL

Florida
469 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  12:30:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit PWinFL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree, Linda. However, the monthly cost of airtime using the card must be taken into consideration as well. (The charge for AT&T is $60 per month.) Recovery of that expense may be difficult without substantial volume.

Never drive any faster than your guardian angel can fly.

I am not an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Florida,
and I may not give legal advice or accept fees for legal advice.

Visit us online at http://www.PAWnotary.com
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  10:11:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lee, I could be wrong but I think the $75 is the cost of the card itself - not the monthly fee - at least that's how I read the post.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  06:42:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just curious FCN2008...
How many e-signings do you do in a month that allow you to figure that the profit from the first 2 pay for the $75/mo. aircard?

Go to Top of Page

FCN2008

New Mexico
11 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  05:20:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit FCN2008's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LindaH

"these fees are lower due to not a great deal of paper and toner used unless there is a travel fee attached which is negotiated before I accept the job. "

You're lucky you were given the option and opportunity - the one structured settlement I've be contacted for I've been told "we pay for notarizations only - we do not pay travel".....goofball here agreed, figuring a good intro and foot in the door....well, over 100 miles later!!!...Never again - these along with RESPAs are now limited to my home county.

Linda

I have a zipcode system where I know the zipcodes of he area they are requesting the signing (even if I am not in front of my computer to map it out) and that is the first question I ask "what is the zipcode" and I have an almost accurate calculation of what the traveling would be and that is when I let them know if there is an additional fee for the distance before I say yes I can take it or not. The second question is what time is it for so I don't double book or book back-to-back so close I will be late. The company I am contracted with really appreciate that they have someone who will do the notarization at all and they pay in 15 days. There are two separate companies I am contracted with for the RESPAs and the Sturctured Contracts and they both have always paid me for my travel time if it was over my maximum milage for the set fee. The most I ever had to travel in the last 5 years of the 12 years I have been doing this is 60 miles on way. I know how you feel because when I first started 12 years ago I thought the same thing you did - get my foot in the door, and I actually tried that way thinking recently becuase I moved to a new state, and like you I learned that always isn't the way to go. I have my fee collection issues with a few companies, but with the help of my family's corporate attorney I have been able to collect and he has helped me put my fees in line with the industry and for my state.
FCN2008
Go to Top of Page

n/a

California
4 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2009 :  7:27:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 100 mile job - was this through a signing service or directly from Amtrust?
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2009 :  07:09:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"these fees are lower due to not a great deal of paper and toner used unless there is a travel fee attached which is negotiated before I accept the job. "

You're lucky you were given the option and opportunity - the one structured settlement I've be contacted for I've been told "we pay for notarizations only - we do not pay travel".....goofball here agreed, figuring a good intro and foot in the door....well, over 100 miles later!!!...Never again - these along with RESPAs are now limited to my home county.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

FCN2008

New Mexico
11 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2009 :  06:56:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit FCN2008's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheresaDavis

Hi,

Thanks for the info. It seems that if a mobile e-signing is done, the fee should be higher than a regular mobile signing. In setting rates, you have to take into account the cost of the wireless connection card, carrying a computer, staying on top of technology, etc.

You can charge a higher fee for the e-sign, however I find it more professional and good business to re-negotiate the terms of a contract once a year or if it is a new company requesting you should already have a fee set for it. I have a set fee for all signings except for the respa signings and the structured contracts - these fees are lower due to not a great deal of paper and toner used unless there is a travel fee attached which is negotiated before I accept the job.

Wireless Cards are available in a wide range of prices. For what we do you can get one for around $75 and that will do the job and say after 2 signings you have pretty much recouped your cost of it.

Edited by - FCN2008 on 04/09/2009 06:57:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

n/a

California
4 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  7:57:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Thanks for the info. It seems that if a mobile e-signing is done, the fee should be higher than a regular mobile signing. In setting rates, you have to take into account the cost of the wireless connection card, carrying a computer, staying on top of technology, etc.
Go to Top of Page

FCN2008

New Mexico
11 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  07:41:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit FCN2008's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheresaDavis

Has anyone done E signings for AmTrust? From what I've been reading, it's a lot of extra work and not much money. I have done a few through an escrow company and charged my standard fee. But before I invest in an aircard and do mobile signings, I was curious what kind of fees are being paid for mobile E signings.

Thanks!

Yes I have done many e-signs for AmTrust and the fee depends on who you are getting the signing through. If it is AmTrust Directly then you need to negotiate the terms, if it is through a company you do e-docs for then you should already have a fee schedule with them. I find the e-signs are easier to do - less printing and the aircard or wireless card is an investment, some borrowers even have a computer you can log onto at the signing, but always verify that before. Pricing - my fee schedule is between $85 and $125 depending in who I get the signing from. Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

California
4 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2009 :  5:19:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done E signings for AmTrust? From what I've been reading, it's a lot of extra work and not much money. I have done a few through an escrow company and charged my standard fee. But before I invest in an aircard and do mobile signings, I was curious what kind of fees are being paid for mobile E signings.

Thanks!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.