123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Genuine Title, LLC
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2013 :  10:31:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jocelynj

Genuine Title is one of the very few companies that ripped me off. My POC was Shannon Smoot. She never paid me, and if I contact her about it, she will just block my e-mai address. She has done that with two of my e-maill address. The last time I emailed her and asked her why she thought it was ok not to pay me, she e-mailed back asking for more info. I emailed her again with the info, but she block that email address, too. The first time I worked with them, they paid me. Not sure what happened, but I highly advise you to stay away from them, and from Shannon Smoot.

Jocelyn Waters

Print out copies of your proof that you've been blocked; proof of monies due; proof of funding..and either report them to the regulating agency in their state or sue them.

Don't let this go - if you let it go..and the next notary lets it go..and the next and the next..and so on - lots of money floating around out there that belongs to someone else besides Genuine Title.
Not to mention don't wait so long your statute of limitations runs and you can't bring suit. Check your small claims courts for guidance.

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

jocelynj

Utah
30 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2013 :  09:57:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Genuine Title is one of the very few companies that ripped me off. My POC was Shannon Smoot. She never paid me, and if I contact her about it, she will just block my e-mai address. She has done that with two of my e-maill address. The last time I emailed her and asked her why she thought it was ok not to pay me, she e-mailed back asking for more info. I emailed her again with the info, but she block that email address, too. The first time I worked with them, they paid me. Not sure what happened, but I highly advise you to stay away from them, and from Shannon Smoot.

Jocelyn Waters
Go to Top of Page

jgdean

North Carolina
21 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2012 :  08:53:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit jgdean's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 19608

[quote]Originally posted by mdackman

I have done many closings for Genuione and never had a problem getting paid.

They used to use Safir as a signing service but have since fored them.

They now use Global Notary and you will have no problem getting paid.

I have spoken to the owners of Genuine directly and assured me there will be no issues in the future and was just a problem with the service that they were using.

Kosti Safir has disapeared. I think he must have snorted all our pay up his nose. Irrespnsible and dishonest, Safir Signings is out of business. May he burn in hell!

Prompt, secure professional signings.

The first to call in North Central North Carolina!

http://www.NCSigningAgent.com
Go to Top of Page

jgdean

North Carolina
21 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2012 :  08:48:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit jgdean's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 19608

[quote]Originally posted by mdackman

I have spoken to the owners of Genuine directly and assured me there will be no issues in the future and was just a problem with the service that they were using.

Kosti Safir has disapeared. I think he must have snorted all our pay up his nose. Irrespnsible and dishonest, Safir Signings is out of business. May he burn in hell!

Prompt, secure professional signings.

The first to call in North Central North Carolina!

http://www.NCSigningAgent.com
Go to Top of Page

Pennsylvania
4 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  5:58:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Global Notary at 60 dollars a closing?
quote:
Originally posted by mdackman

Go to Top of Page

Pennsylvania
4 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  5:56:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mdackman

Go to Top of Page

mdackman

2 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  08:35:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

AKnotary

Alaska
36 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  11:38:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree--STAY AWAY! I had success getting paid ONLY after filing a complaint with the insurance commission for his state. Very unprofessional, amazing that he/they are still in business.

Be aware-there is a sister company called Safir Signing Agents. Stay away from this one too!

Vicki Kluever
NNA Certified Notary Signing Agent in Alaska
907) 539-7111
Go to Top of Page

signrocket

Florida
8 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2012 :  10:46:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you work for free? Have alot of time to waste and enjoy useless drama? This co. is for you. I have had the EXACT same problems as every other unpaid Notary/closer on here. The only way I was paid was to get the l.o. to pay me via paypal prior to sending back the e-docs. Genuine promised to overnight a check for a 6 MONTH old closing if I agreed to do this one. Well-no check. so I called the l.o. and told him I was taking the docs back to the borrower. He freaked out, begged me to send them to him, so I said ok-- PAYPAL. Had my money in 2 minutes, sent docs back. Got several calls from "Kosty" at Genuine- told him to NEVER call me again. If there was a prize for worst signing company--- this is the winner.

Suzi Bellah
Go to Top of Page

gno996

Michigan
14 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2012 :  07:41:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if you receive payment from Safir or genuine title record the bank info from the check...if there is a payment problem somewhere down the road that info makes it easy to collect when a judgement is issued. With their track record..you can legally issue a precipice of judgement to freeze the checking account completely..or have a county sherriff withdraw the funds...you don't need Safir's permission for any of this..might be time he gets a wake up call
Go to Top of Page

jackie12

Maryland
6 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2012 :  06:29:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have worked for Kosty for 5 years, always slow, but I get paid.
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2011 :  10:55:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is our new blog entry about Genuine Title, LLC

http://blog.123notary.com/?p=1974

Go to Top of Page

Diana

Pennsylvania
45 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2011 :  10:20:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had a lot of issues with Genuine Title AKA SSA (Safir Signing Agents), They do not pay!!.. It took me 3 months to get paid for 3 signings I completed for Kosty, After numerous emails, faxes and messages. I finally sent a threatening email stating I was reporting him to the IRS, also, I was tacking on 1% interest per day after the allotted 30 days. So on day 31 I started adding 1% per day until paid in full. I did finally receive my payment, with ALL the interest I tacked on. Now, today Shannon called and said she was from "Quality Title" (she lied). She asked me to do a closing tonight, I said Sure, pay me upfront Via Pay-Pal.. Then she realized I knew she had lied to me. They are sneaky and unprofessional and I will never work for this company again!!..

Edited by - Diana on 12/08/2011 11:25:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

yvonne1134

California
13 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2011 :  10:05:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just signed up with Vista National, then coincidentally looked at this posting, guess I should watch out for them. They are listed with pretty high stars in Notary Rotary.

yvonne boyd
Go to Top of Page

Eve

Virginia
25 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  09:59:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad I read this posting -- just cancelled two signings with them. Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

jnknpo

Hawaii
13 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2011 :  11:45:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit jnknpo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ATTENTION ALL NOTARIES:

I just got off the phone with the insurance investigative team in Maryland. She provided me a website for all the notaries that have not been paid by Genuine Title. She suggested that I post this website on 123 notary so that everyone has an "avenue" to submit a complaint and they will be more than happy to investigate. She stated that they are enforcing these type of fraudulent activities and would be more than happy to look into it. Here it is:

www.mdinsurance.state.md.us

Just a heads up to all notaries, especially those with non-payment issues with Evolve IT. Bill Gimbel is using a new company name under Vista National. Anyone having non-payment issues should ask for money upfront.
Go to Top of Page

jnknpo

Hawaii
13 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2011 :  4:58:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit jnknpo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I too have been bilked by Konstantin Safir, Genuine Title, LLC for a signing I did back in December 2010. A report was recently filed with the BBB in Maryland. Also, as I was searching for the regulating agency's address in Maryland, this article came up from The Baltimore Sun. The article provides a phone number to contact if the Title company does not pay for closing expenses as reported.
It is based on another Title company, but if they become aware of this Title Company
Here it is:

Maryland regulators suspend title company's license
Beltway Title used funds meant for real estate settlements on business expenses, state says
February 09, 2011|By Jamie Smith Hopkins, The Baltimore Sun
Maryland regulators said Wednesday that they have suspended the license of a Crofton-based title company after learning that more than $1 million meant to be held aside for real estate transactions was instead used to pay business expenses.
John J. Dwyer and Joseph C. Hughes, co-owners of Beltway Title and Abstract Inc. and related settlement companies, did not appear at a hearing Wednesday to defend themselves, the Maryland Insurance Administration said. Licenses for all the firms were suspended.
The insurance administration said it knows of at least $1,028,500 that was misappropriated and urged consumers to call the agency at 410-468-2354 if they find that their mortgages or closing expenses were not paid off. Fidelity National Title Group, the title insurance underwriter for Beltway Title, will make the payments instead, state regulators said.
"We're going to work with the industry and all producers to find the best way to ensure that Marylanders can have faith that when they close on a house, it's done properly," said Beth Sammis, the state's acting insurance commissioner. Her agency intends to issue regulations governing the annual audits that title companies' insurers must conduct.
Beltway Title handled real estate closings in Maryland, collecting and then dispensing money to lenders, tax collectors and others due a share of the funds. Problems came to light in December after auditors for Fidelity National discovered that money had been transferred from Beltway Title's settlement funds account to its operating accounts since April, the insurance administration said in documents released Wednesday.
"Upon questioning by Fidelity National representatives, it was admitted that funds were being taken … to pay for employee payroll and other office expenses," the license suspension order states.
Fidelity sued. In January the Montgomery County Circuit Court authorized a restraining order freezing Beltway Title's bank accounts.
Beltway Title's owners could not be reached at their offices Wednesday. Richard Daniels, the attorney representing them in the lawsuit, declined to comment.
jamie.smith.hopkins@baltsun.com

Just a heads up to all notaries, especially those with non-payment issues with Evolve IT. Bill Gimbel is using a new company name under Vista National. Anyone having non-payment issues should ask for money upfront.
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2011 :  08:22:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news, Ellen! Good for you for following through - so many notaries just roll over and take it. Glad you found the right button to push in order to receive payment! When Genuine Title pops up on my caller ID, I just send them to voice mail.

CopperheadVA

Go to Top of Page

echambers

Colorado
13 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2011 :  08:01:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit echambers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CopperheadVA

I think that's an excellent idea to complain to the state regulatory agency where the title company is located. I have found that it's always good to word your complaint carefully. My wording is ususally something along the lines of "XXXX company has failed to fulfill its contractual obligations."

CopperheadVA

I followed your suggestion and to my surprise, I received my final payment today....6 months later, but received.

Ellen Chambers
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2011 :  10:06:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that's an excellent idea to complain to the state regulatory agency where the title company is located. I have found that it's always good to word your complaint carefully. My wording is ususally something along the lines of "XXXX company has failed to fulfill its contractual obligations."

CopperheadVA

Go to Top of Page

echambers

Colorado
13 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2011 :  11:48:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit echambers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Linda, that might just be worth it. Ms. Safri actually in an email told me he was out spending my fee at McDonalds, and did I really think he cared about my small fee. I would really like to get them sanctioned. I take great pride in being professional. I don't understand how they continue in business.

quote:
Originally posted by LindaH

quote:
Originally posted by echambers

I hired a collection company recommend by the NNA, Nothing. The BBB said the president of Genuine Title would contact me, nothing. I am writing it off. I have chased them for three months. They are the most unprofessional, unethical, rude and I think corrupt place out there. I think there time is ticking away; a title firm in CA went down in an FBI investigation with what sounds like similar conflicts and predatory practices. I can't put any more energy or money into it. I would think other signing companies, and there are a few good ones would be concerned at the reputation the are setting for there industry. Hummm?

quote:
Originally posted by PlsSign

I agree with Les_CO, and Copperhead. I was forced to look up Genuine Title on the BBB; get the company's contact, email him requesting his help with my non-payment problem - then, and only then, did Kosty send payment.

Needless to say, I had better things to do than chase the money owed and paid to me over 60 days after I provided them with my service.

Ellen Chambers

Ellen, how about a formal complaint with their state regulatory agency...in writing with a copy of their agreement to pay said fee and a copy of the recorded security instrument proving the loan funded...might get some results for you - last thing they want to do is be sanctioned and be unable to operate.

Just a thought.

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell

Ellen Chambers
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2011 :  11:43:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by echambers

I hired a collection company recommend by the NNA, Nothing. The BBB said the president of Genuine Title would contact me, nothing. I am writing it off. I have chased them for three months. They are the most unprofessional, unethical, rude and I think corrupt place out there. I think there time is ticking away; a title firm in CA went down in an FBI investigation with what sounds like similar conflicts and predatory practices. I can't put any more energy or money into it. I would think other signing companies, and there are a few good ones would be concerned at the reputation the are setting for there industry. Hummm?

quote:

I agree with Les_CO, and Copperhead. I was forced to look up Genuine Title on the BBB; get the company's contact, email him requesting his help with my non-payment problem - then, and only then, did Kosty send payment.

Needless to say, I had better things to do than chase the money owed and paid to me over 60 days after I provided them with my service.

Ellen Chambers

Ellen, how about a formal complaint with their state regulatory agency...in writing with a copy of their agreement to pay said fee and a copy of the recorded security instrument proving the loan funded...might get some results for you - last thing they want to do is be sanctioned and be unable to operate.

Just a thought.

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

echambers

Colorado
13 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2011 :  11:25:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit echambers's Homepage  Reply with Quote

quote:

Ellen Chambers
Go to Top of Page

PlsSign

Arizona
24 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2011 :  6:06:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Edited by - PlsSign on 01/22/2011 6:07:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2011 :  04:55:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
<< She expressed that they were a co. with a lot of money and usually the misunderstanding is that the notaries don't e-mail Kosty Safir the invoice. >>

When almost 100% of the posts about a particular company are about late-pay/no-pay/pay-only-with-big-hassle, (and there are a LOT of posts about Genuine Title and Safir Signing Agents) then it's usually because the company DOES NOT PAY. They can make excuses all they want - it is what it is.

CopperheadVA

Go to Top of Page

Les_CO

Colorado
32 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  1:59:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Les_CO's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Genuine Title, LLC 11155 Dolfield Blvd. #100 Owings Mills MD 21117

I did a signing for this company; all my numerous invoices/calls/emails,and notices have been ignored. I believe this company and a Mr. Konstantin Safir in particular, use dishonest and fraudulent business practices on a day to day basis. STAY AWAY!!

Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.