123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Nations Signature Closers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1 2 people liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Stone Pony

California
31 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2013 :  08:01:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I make it a point to email all invoices to the companies that require one, along with a copy of my W-9, regardless of how many times I have worked for them. That way, there is proof that you have indeed sent them your W-9.
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Notary

California
16 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2013 :  5:59:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did 3 signings in December for NSC. I was already paid for all 3 of them and 1 of them was a week ago today:) Companies that pay quickly are great in my book
Go to Top of Page

ceb193

Pennsylvania
13 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2013 :  10:06:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit ceb193's Homepage  Reply with Quote
W-9 issues with Nations signature closers still.

They are once again every time I close for them telling me I need another W-9.

I cant stand playing games with my money and this company is annoying.

If you want to have to fight for payments and play the I didn't get your w-9 so I cant send payment, then work for them!

Good luck all!!!
Go to Top of Page

BisbeeNotary

Arizona
16 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2013 :  3:00:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a refi signing for NSC on October 17 and received payment on November 12. The signing was hassle-free and they met my fee. I will definitely work for them again if given the opportunity.
Go to Top of Page

dfye@mcttelecom.com

New Hampshire
681 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2013 :  11:11:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit dfye@mcttelecom.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I completed a signing on December 12, 2012 and just as CW Christianson noted, it seems as though Nations Signature Closers is now making it a practice of asking Notaries every time they inquire why they have not been paid to submit a W-9. I continue to get passed around to different employees in the company seeking an answer and each one of them responds by saying that they checked with accounting and was told they need a W-9 before I can be paid. I submitted three of them and refuse to send them another one. Where exactly are these W-9's going? This has raised a deep concern.

I completed quite a number of signings for Nations Signature Closers over the years and they have always paid which is why I took another one from them after a hiatus. It is now my humble opinion that Nations Signature Closers is purposely denying or holding off payment to their notaries for whatever reason by requesting numerous W-9s. I have chosen to not take any more signings from this company.

Legal Eagle Para Professional Services
Go to Top of Page

CWChristianson

Florida
7 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2012 :  3:12:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit CWChristianson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Updating a prior post.

We had to contact the Borrower, Lender, Title Company and the State of Florida before generating a response from NSC.

Their sole argument for non-payment was that they did not have our EIN or a W-9 on file for our firm. This was not true because we provided one BEFORE they added us to their database and before receiving any assignments. In the end it was sent 3 times despite not being necessary as we had not exceeded $600 in payments and corporations are not required to collect w-9 from other companies.

After the borrower contacted them, they sent the base fee via FEDEX Courier to the wrong address delaying payment another 5 days. They never paid FEDEX OFFICE for the document production nor any other expenses incurred.

Their scheduling agents are reportedly paid based upon beating down notary fees which they accomplish by misrepresenting the nature of the closing, the type and size of file, dates, and times.

Over a ten day period they booked us for 4 closings, three never materialized as they got a lower fee from another notary and only paid 50% on the cost of the one that occurred.

In that instance, there were no notary errors and the file was returned timely despite the late docs and need to drive docs to airport. However, their management assaulted our professionalism for billing for excess mileage and expenses and were upset that we back billed them for FEDEX which had held us responsible for their document order.

They only paid the original fee which was offered them on the strict condition of payment received at funding. We did not offer them net 45 days. The files was double the number of pages originally booked and they forced us to drive to the Airport because FEDEX did not have local pickups on Saturday.

We had a net loss of 400% on the transaction after collection and auditor fees. However, we have a great case study for the Governors review board.

We cannot recommend Nations Signature Closer's in Kansas or Ohio despite others saying they pay timely. We do NOT recommend them because of the misrepresentation and or fraud in inducing a notary in an official capacity during the booking process and management's failure to correct defects after the fact.

Go to Top of Page

CWChristianson

Florida
7 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  07:37:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit CWChristianson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This signing agency presents a professional image but in our limited experience does not follow up professionally.

They are very aggressive in negotiating rates to the point of misrepresenting the transaction in many ways, sloppy in sending out documents, and limited if no Notary support after the fact.

In October we were contacted by an NCS scheduler. She represented that they could not pay our published rate and negotiated a lower rate because the REFI package was going to be "small" and added they would have the document package produced at our local FedEx Office site.

That is NOT what we got. Instead the "small" refi was probably the largest package we have seen all year at 161 pages (times 2).

Docs were not timely copied to our office nor the nearest FedEX but sent LATE to a FEDEX OFFICE (Kinkos) location 20 miles away. They were sent via email instead of using the FedEX Office online document production system tied to their billing account.

We showed up and there were no documents. They did not include an identifiable subject line, so our notary had to stand around for 2 hours waiting on the FedEX staff to find the email and produce the docs. To make matters worse Fedex was not able to produce docs as formatted because they were formatted for production on the online FedEX system not on a local printer they used because of the email deliver and lack of billing data. Instead they printed all on legal sized paper out of sequence.

NCS failed to include their FedEX billing account information. The local FedEx office contacted them but still did not receive payment so FedEx has now (2 weeks later) charged the $35 fee back to our account.

Closing started late and went almost 5 hours. The documents were out of order and had numerous fill in the blank forms, and other errors.

NCS did not advise borrower (or us) that the husband had to sign the mortgage (acknowledgement) plus extra 35 pages of docs. We had to wait on his arrival and restart closing. Husband went to bed but had to get back up to finish other docs at end of file. Near the end, one of the adult children walked in and promptly spilled water on docs. It took two hours to dry out or resign docs. We left after midnight.

Our auditor has back billed NCS for the FedEx expense and a late docs and late closing fee. NCS does not answer 800 number or respond to voicemail. They never open our invoices sent by trackable email and have not paid the original fee.

Auditor has issued negative review. At least the borrowers had patience and were pleasant.
Go to Top of Page

Lynndrew1

Texas
1 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2012 :  2:40:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have done many signings for NSC, that I have been paid on, but have also been lied to about fax backs, etc. in order to get me to lower my fees. After my last experience, I will not be doing business with them...

Earlier this week, I had a signing that was scheduled for 5:00 in the evening. The docs did not arrive in time for a 5:00 closing, because of a delay on the HUD. After 5 hours of waiting, e-mailing and phone conversations, I received a call at 8:40 informing me that the docs were ready. I contacted the borrower, and was told that another notary had called and was on the way! When I called NSC back I was told that they had sent the docs to another notary (probably cheaper) by MISTAKE and that the other notary was going to complete it...and they could not pay me because I wasn't actually completing it!!!!!

This is not the first time that I have been lied to by NSC, but it will be the LAST TIME!
Go to Top of Page

Brandon - Notary Now

Texas
12 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2012 :  11:01:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Brandon - Notary Now's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They pay on time, within 30days!

www.notarynowtexas.com
Go to Top of Page

Sandy Feldman

Connecticut
8 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  5:48:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They pay like clockwork. I look forward to doing signings for them.
Go to Top of Page

AKnotary

Alaska
36 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2012 :  4:41:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just completed another transaction for this company....in spite of the problems I had with the first transaction. (I was giving them the benefit of my doubt)...and same thing happened. Sloppy and last minute delivery of docs, sloppy documents with typos' everywhere, incomplete or inaccurate instructions---and then they want to argue on the phone that they didn't get their fax back (never mind that they provided a fax number that doesn't work)! On top of that, a low fee. As the old saying goes: harm me once--shame on you. Harm me twice---shame on me. No more "benefit of the doubt" for them!

Vicki Kluever
NNA Certified Notary Signing Agent in Alaska
907) 539-7111
Go to Top of Page

AKnotary

Alaska
36 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  12:47:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just took my first order from them, and it will be the last. 164 page doc package! (for a steamline refi!) 36 page fax back. Delivery of docs 2 hours before signing even though I told them 2 days in advance I would need docs 8 hours prior. Their toll free fax number does not work. Their automated telephone response line does not work. Email address for their Admin department doesn't work. No thanks-not worth the extra 2 hours I've spent trying to respond to their requirements.

Vicki Kluever
NNA Certified Notary Signing Agent in Alaska
907) 539-7111
Go to Top of Page

bfnotary

Pennsylvania
9 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2012 :  5:42:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If this is the Nations Signature Closers in KS. I love working for them. I have never had any problems. They meet my fee, and they pay on time.

Belinda,Pa
Go to Top of Page

jjohns

Maryland
4 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2010 :  08:23:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit jjohns's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just received a call from NSC to do a closing, after I said yes, they told me they couldn't use me, but would not say why. I called Vendor Relations and they told me it was because of signing of docs that I said I didnt sign. Who in their right mind would sign something that they should not have (16pages) All MADE UP, I never had the conservation with them. Come to find out they said my fees were to high. Give me a break.
They make up lies and then are very NASTY about it.

Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  11:50:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is our review page for Nation's Signature Closers

http://www.123notary.com/signco-idv.asp?sid=723&Nation%27s+Signature+Closers

Go to Top of Page

jandjnotary

Illinois
38 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  11:35:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are in the same situation with NSC. We have worked with them for many years and have closed thousands of loans for them in that time. We have spoken with the VP there giving them our concerns and or issues with picking them up from Kinkos. He had avised us that they are the ones hitting the print button on their end and docs are usually ready within 2-4 hours of the appointment. We have only done 1 p/u from Kinkos and we did not call ahead of time and the docs were ready. They have fallen off the table as far as I am concerned. They used to be one of our best clients and now they are penny pinching everything. I'm definately not bending over backwards for them any longer.

James Coda
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  11:31:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't think it was posted here, but someone posted somewhere that they had docs delivered to Kinkos (this is not necessarily NSC by the way) - when they went to pick them up, someone else had discovered the printed docs on the counter and, not knowing what to do with them, they took the label provided and shipped both sets BACK to the company - unsigned...

I think this Kinkos idea is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard.

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

azdocsign

Arizona
89 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  11:24:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit azdocsign's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just wondering. Will Kinkos call us when the documents are ready to be picked up? Will they call if the documents are not received in time? What if the documents are scanned wrong or improperly printed? What if they mess up and a document is lost?

I think this could cause us a great deal of problems.

Sometimes it is a very long wait at my Kinkos.

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  5:43:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Closest Kinkos to me is 40 miles one way....DEFINITELY wouldn't work for me..

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

vince

Kansas
324 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  5:24:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit vince's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What will be interesting is to look for the class action taken against companies that do not follow the "spirit" of GLBA. Whatever savings they may achieve by having printed directly by Kinkos would be out the door very quickly.

If such a case would allow for the TC's to start sending files directly to the printer, how much would it cost us to go to Kinkos to pick them up? They are about 12 miles one way from me, and most of my business is in the other direction. Just would not work.
Go to Top of Page

PWinFL

Florida
469 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  10:16:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit PWinFL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wonder what they'll do when there is no Kinko's in the area?

Other than that, I have been advised by legal counsel NEVER to use a public printing service unless I can supervise the printing and copying. Why? Privacy! Printing/copying by a print shop, may be construed to be in violation of the GLBA and ethically unacceptable.

Add to that, NSC requires the NSA to have a background check on top of the oath of the office of a Notary Public. What does NSC require of Kinko's employees? From the stories I've heard, I wouldn't trust them to print my resume much less any documents containing my social security number, account balances, phone numbers and addresses.

Sorry, I just won't buy into NSC's attempt to make loan documents available to the general public.

Never drive any faster than your guardian angel can fly.

I am not an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Florida,
and I may not give legal advice or accept fees for legal advice.

Visit us online at http://www.PAWnotary.com
Go to Top of Page

FossilCreek

Colorado
5 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  08:40:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit FossilCreek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nations Signature Closers has recently contracted with Kinkos to get a discounted printing rate for the jobs. They get 0.610 cent discount on their jobs done by Kinkos. That means a 278 page print job bills out at $27.80 but with the discount it costs them $10.84. That means they get a cheap doc set and YOU pay extra for the time and gas to go get them. Then, of course you get to return them to Kinkos to ship by FEDEX, unless you have enough time to call for pickup, except on Saturday.
At $25.00 for printing a doc set I will raise my fee $12.00 to account for the replacement cost of my equipment. The other printing costs, paper and toner, are no issue because if I don't print, it costs me nothing for supplies.
I worked for Xerox for 30 years and installed most of Kinkos gear in my area. I maintain a $7000.00 high speed Xerox machine to do the e-docs for closings and that cost must be recovered as overhead operating expenses. I still lose on the time, gas and vehicle depreciation to travel extra for the docs at Kinkos.

jim
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  11:25:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't work for Nations Signature Closers very often because I'm way down on their call list due to my higher-than-they-want-to-pay fee. However, I just did a job for them last Friday - first time they've called me in a long time, so I guess they were desperate. They've always been good to work for in the past and paid in 2 - 3 weeks. They didn't play those games with me about Kinkos but I think I've seen someone else post about that recently as well. Seems pretty stupid to print at Kinkos due to the additional cost, unless they've made some deal with Kinkos we're all unaware of.

You did the right thing - I would have refused to go pick up docs at Kinkos too. My nearest Kinkos is 15 miles away, which is a 30 mile round trip. No way am I going to do that if the closing is near my house. And they expected you to print e-docs AND cut your fee? Crazy.

CopperheadVA

Go to Top of Page

mariabakies

Connecticut
42 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  09:15:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any info on them? They called me for a closing last night. The closing is about 1/2 mi from me. Today they called and told me that they were sending my docs to kinkos to be printed in the next town over and that they were cutting my fee and i had to go pick them up at kinkos. I said I wasn't going to the next town to get docs when I could literally walk to this closing AND have my fee cut. So then they said they would email the docs to me but still cut my fee. I said I wasn't going to do it then so they ended up just emailing the docs and not touching my fee.

Now I'm wondering if I should even do this closing because I don't know if I will get paid!

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.