123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Sunshine Signing Connection
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

a1etron

Florida
77 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  7:03:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best and most professional signing company I have ever worked with.

Edward Fadden
Orlando Notary
Covering all of Central Florida, Orange-Lake-Seminole-Osceola and Volusia Counties.
407-619-7777
orlandonotary@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

windycitynotary

Illinois
19 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  8:38:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit windycitynotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mtomlinson

I love working for this company. They pay usually in 3 weeks. pays not the best out there but you get to double dip with them. They work with as lender who takes loan apps through the notary. You go out, take the app, collect requird docs and go out a few weeks later for the closing. It's a two-fer. They are easy to work with. No fax backs unless you can not drop for next delivery. Their instructions are convoluted. They could be cleaned up but there is nothing really in the instructions you don't do anyway on any normal signing. The part about payinmg 1/2 I could have an issue with but the only time a loan didn't close with them they ended up paying the full fee and I invoiced them at 1/2. I knew going in and they do disclose. I am willing to accept the terms, even though I kinda' agree and disagree with them on their reasoning. I would accept any signig they requested.

Michael D. Tomlinson

Well, guess what, it's 2 years later and their instructions are STILL ungodly convoluted. Perfectly nice people to work with, pay a little low, but my GOD, 8 pages of dense, contradictory notary instructions. I thought my head was going to explode. Think I might try to talk to them about it. It just all serves to trip up notaries and create chaos for all parties in the chain....
Go to Top of Page

sam jenks

Illinois
7 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2011 :  09:11:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
worked for them before the bank fiasco. It was good to get an order from them again. Professional and friendly to work with.
Go to Top of Page

Illoozions

Florida
5 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2011 :  2:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have worked with this Company for several years now and they are great people to work with. Any issues that ever came up, were taken care of to the best of their ability. They pay somewhat lower than most of my vendors, but they are consistant and I always know I will get paid. If you are a good knowledgable signing agent and happen to make a mistake, they will usually pay you the gareed on amount anyway (as long as mistakes are not the norm for you). Have no worries in doing business with them, Mike, Bill and the others are very professional and good to work with.

Lynette M. Ball
Go to Top of Page

jpwells

Pennsylvania
16 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  4:33:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good company to work with.

John Wells
Go to Top of Page

groberts131

Tennessee
27 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2011 :  08:14:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit groberts131's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I used to do a lot of closings for Sunshine Signing Connection when I lived in Florida and I've even done some for them here in TN. They've always been easy to work for and paid me promptly.

TN Notary
Go to Top of Page

Hollyhock

8 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2011 :  10:55:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hollyhock's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They have a new contract with Consumer Attorneys of America. Any comments or experience with this company

Go to Top of Page

mtomlinson

Kansas
23 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2010 :  2:34:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit mtomlinson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I love working for this company. They pay usually in 3 weeks. pays not the best out there but you get to double dip with them. They work with as lender who takes loan apps through the notary. You go out, take the app, collect requird docs and go out a few weeks later for the closing. It's a two-fer. They are easy to work with. No fax backs unless you can not drop for next delivery. Their instructions are convoluted. They could be cleaned up but there is nothing really in the instructions you don't do anyway on any normal signing. The part about payinmg 1/2 I could have an issue with but the only time a loan didn't close with them they ended up paying the full fee and I invoiced them at 1/2. I knew going in and they do disclose. I am willing to accept the terms, even though I kinda' agree and disagree with them on their reasoning. I would accept any signig they requested.

Michael D. Tomlinson
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  7:26:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is our new review page for Sunshine Signing Connection.

http://www.123notary.com/signco-idv.asp?sid=760&Sunshine+Signing+Connection

Go to Top of Page

egw91145

Florida
62 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  06:36:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've done 2 signings for this company. I did one June 30 of this year and was paid very promptly, (July 13), and I did one a couple days ago. Their fee schedule is quite fair, however their instructions are so incredibly convoluted and intimidating. They reduce the fee paid by $25 for every conceivable misstep. I just wish they would re-write their instruction PAGES so they were more easily comprehended. The package to be signed was 188 pages and it took me almost as long to make sure I complied with every little nuance (fax backs and package splitting) of the instructions as it did to get the signatures on the documents.

EGW
Go to Top of Page

Lisa T.

California
391 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  10:03:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa T.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would have collected from a Title Company via the state insurance commissioner and/or small claims. I agree with PAW - the signing agent's fee is never dependent on a loan funding. If the assignment is completed, the SA should be paid their full fee.

I too, would not work for a company who wouldn't agree to pay my full fee if the loan doesn't fund.
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  07:31:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Lee and PAW. Last summer I ended my relationship with a Virginia TC I had worked with for two years prior, because within a span of eight months there were two no-signs and two no funds (completely out of MY control - fully executed and notarized docs were returned to TC on the no-funds, and one of the appointments took over TWO HOURS with the borrowers!!!) No pay on any of them.

After the last one, I said that's it I'm done. I previously had a good relationship with this company, which is why I was a team player and took the hits. However, after the fourth time I was tired of not being valued by this company, so I ended the relationship and they lost out on having access to a good signing agent as a result.

CopperheadVA

Go to Top of Page

PWinFL

Florida
469 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  07:20:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit PWinFL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree Lee. The appraiser, among others, get paid regardless of the loan status. A job is completed, payment is due. (Try to pay the appraiser half the fee and see what happens.) Many Signing Agents, at least this one, do not work on a contingency or commission basis.

I can see a fee reduction if the signing is canceled prior to the trip being completed. Even if the signing is aborted right at the start, but if the signing agent completes the assigned task and spends considerable amount of time at the table (often assisting is salvaging the closing), then the agent has earned their pay.

Never drive any faster than your guardian angel can fly.

I am not an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Florida,
and I may not give legal advice or accept fees for legal advice.

Visit us online at http://www.PAWnotary.com
Go to Top of Page

Lee-AR

Arkansas
678 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  06:10:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never worked for you, but if you really want to feel pride in your business, you do need to pay a full fee for, at least, a no-fund. And most no-signs take as much time as a completed signing. Call the LO, wait, wait, wait. Even if LO is instantly available, s/he usually still has to check with somebody and call back.

Go to Top of Page

n/a

Florida
1 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  6:24:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by suzi

I just turned down a signing from Sunshine because in their lengthy instructions is explains that if they do not fund, we only receive half our fee. I called to verify, and they don't just do this if the loan isn't signed for some reason. It is there practice even if the Notary has completed their assignment perfectly.

Our trip fee policy is half of the agreed upon fee if a file does not close or fund. Its not often that this happens, however when this is the case its a lose for all parties involved. Everyone is not going to agree with our pricing or policies but we are upfront and honest about everything. We take pride in having a good reputation and we do care what vendors think of our company. We know that if it were not for the professional vendors we hire our company would not be where it is today.

Sunshine Signing Connection, Inc
727-817-0000
Your National Signing Solution!
To find out more click the link below!
www.sunshinesigningconnection.com
Go to Top of Page

suzi

Arizona
7 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  10:25:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit suzi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just turned down a signing from Sunshine because in their lengthy instructions is explains that if they do not fund, we only receive half our fee. I called to verify, and they don't just do this if the loan isn't signed for some reason. It is there practice even if the Notary has completed their assignment perfectly.

Go to Top of Page

LeapFrog

Idaho
35 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2008 :  3:18:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit LeapFrog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Paid 12/22 for a signing on 11/18, and met my fee.

Chris
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.