123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Proficiency Signings - Stay Away!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2012 :  02:53:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jennifer, Deborah said "I was sent notice back in November of last year that they were disolved and lacks any assets to pay the creditors at this time. that I had 120 days to file a claim of debt to the trustee Natalie Aldrin"

You need to check the bankruptcy court for the district where they're located (google) and contact this trustee. Sounds like your invoices may have been discharged in bankruptcy and you may be out of luck. You should have received notice of the bankruptcy if they owed you money..

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

jeninohio

Ohio
36 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  7:47:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit jeninohio's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Any updates on contact information for Proficiency? I'm trying to collect on one from July 2010 and one that I did on News Years Eve 2009!

Jennifer Cotsmire
Notary Signing Agent
Go to Top of Page

Deborah Bond

Massachusetts
71 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2011 :  6:56:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Deborah Bond's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was sent notice back in November of last year that they were disolved and lacks any assets to pay the creditors at this time. that I had 120 days to file a claim of debt to the trustee Natalie Aldrin. I filed IMMEDIATELY with all information including confirmation and copies of all communications, I have yet to hear anything from the trustee Natalie Aldrin. Guess it is time to file a legal request for update.

Deborah Bond...
Notary Public
Eastern Massachusetts
Go to Top of Page

n/a

California
1 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2011 :  08:29:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Linda - good advice. There must be notaries out there getting paid by Proficiency Signings - I'd like to see them answer this post, step forward, and give us contact numbers to reach Proficiency -- my original contact numbers are disconnected!!
I'm going to pursue them once again, and will follow up with a Small Claims Action - this isn't okay; we must follow through to help each other and ourselves in the future in this business. Janet

quote:
Originally posted by LindaH

Both posters owed money since last July (a) make sure your loan recorded, and therefore funded - get copy of recorded security instrument; (b) send demand letters to Proficiency with copy to pertinent title company; (c) find out the regulatory agency for state in which title company is located and send them a written notice of nonpayment regarding the title company (copy to title company); (d) research your small claims procedures and, if allowed, draft a small claims action against Proficiency AND the title company. (NOTE: do NOT involve the borrowers - they paid your fee via the disbursements on the HUD - there's no recourse against them - don't even threaten to do it because it's something you can't do and the companies know this - you'll just look silly).

No more phone calls - they're all obviously ignoring you. All future communication should be in writing, certified mail return receipt requested AND regular mail (or delivery confirmation so you can track and confirm delivery). Give them a drop-dead date, and I mean DROP DEAD, to receive your money (within 10 days or so) or you'll be filing a small claims action against them.

OR: turn it over to a collection agency and let them pursue it - they take a percentage but you may feel that's more to your liking if you don't want the hassle.

Either way, stop letting this drag on!! Tell them it's YOUR money and you WANT IT NOW!!...(LOL..) Seriously, don't let it go any longer - providing the loan funded and no errors were made on your part which would make them refuse to pay you, you do deserve to get this money ASAP.

Good luck.

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2011 :  07:47:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both posters owed money since last July (a) make sure your loan recorded, and therefore funded - get copy of recorded security instrument; (b) send demand letters to Proficiency with copy to pertinent title company; (c) find out the regulatory agency for state in which title company is located and send them a written notice of nonpayment regarding the title company (copy to title company); (d) research your small claims procedures and, if allowed, draft a small claims action against Proficiency AND the title company. (NOTE: do NOT involve the borrowers - they paid your fee via the disbursements on the HUD - there's no recourse against them - don't even threaten to do it because it's something you can't do and the companies know this - you'll just look silly).

No more phone calls - they're all obviously ignoring you. All future communication should be in writing, certified mail return receipt requested AND regular mail (or delivery confirmation so you can track and confirm delivery). Give them a drop-dead date, and I mean DROP DEAD, to receive your money (within 10 days or so) or you'll be filing a small claims action against them.

OR: turn it over to a collection agency and let them pursue it - they take a percentage but you may feel that's more to your liking if you don't want the hassle.

Either way, stop letting this drag on!! Tell them it's YOUR money and you WANT IT NOW!!...(LOL..) Seriously, don't let it go any longer - providing the loan funded and no errors were made on your part which would make them refuse to pay you, you do deserve to get this money ASAP.

Good luck.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

n/a

1 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2011 :  07:29:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DO NOT accept signings with Proficiency. I did a job for them 7/2/10 and it is now 3/27/11and have yet to be paid, thats 8 months. I have tried everything: emails, calls, faxes, and emailing the title company.
Go to Top of Page

Stef

Virginia
2 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2011 :  12:47:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a closing for them in July, 2010. I have sent them emails and left several messages too. I sent an email to Krystina@psignings.com on 12-3-10 and have not heard from them. I am going to try accountspayable@psignings.com. Thanks

Stef
Go to Top of Page

n/a

California
1 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2011 :  8:15:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designated1

I have been asked to do signings for Prociency Signings on numerous occasions. The first red flag was a scheduled appt, no doc delivery and no one answered the phones. When I finally got hold of them, everybody had amnesia. The second red flag was when I received the wrong loan docs (e-docs) for a scheduled signing. That signing never took place. The third red flag was when I received (2) confirmations, one for me and another one for a different notary. At that point, I decided not to do business with them and requested my name be taken off their notary signing agent list. The next day, I receive yet another phone call requesting my services. What a waste of my professional time.

Go to Top of Page

designated1

California
7 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2010 :  6:32:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been asked to do signings for Prociency Signings on numerous occasions. The first red flag was a scheduled appt, no doc delivery and no one answered the phones. When I finally got hold of them, everybody had amnesia. The second red flag was when I received the wrong loan docs (e-docs) for a scheduled signing. That signing never took place. The third red flag was when I received (2) confirmations, one for me and another one for a different notary. At that point, I decided not to do business with them and requested my name be taken off their notary signing agent list. The next day, I receive yet another phone call requesting my services. What a waste of my professional time.

Edited by - designated1 on 11/17/2010 6:34:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

kimcole132

North Carolina
100 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  9:25:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did one for them on 4/21 and was finally paid on 6/15. You might try this email address if you haven't already - Accounting - accountspayable@psignings.com. Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

johnson

Florida
2 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  3:41:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Linda,

I appreciate your input in this matter. I received an email from Tabitha at Proficiency Signings that a check would be sent out on the 28th of September. That is why I have been trying to get in touch with someone to find out what is going on. I have not received any response since then and I find it very unusual that they do not pick up the phones and/or open their emails especially since it has been well over 30 days.

Wendy

quote:

Wendy...were you told you'd be paid immediately? Curious why you're dunning them for payment, contacting them "numerous times" over the past 4 weeks....SS's normally pay the notary 30-45 days from signing provided the loan funds. Although I don't agree with the practice, that's how it is. Most of us bill net 30 days, so they'd just be coming due.

Check your confirmation. See what their payment terms are and what you've agreed to.

Good Luck.

Linda

Go to Top of Page

johnson

Florida
2 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  3:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Wendy...were you told you'd be paid immediately? Curious why you're dunning them for payment, contacting them "numerous times" over the past 4 weeks....SS's normally pay the notary 30-45 days from signing provided the loan funds. Although I don't agree with the practice, that's how it is. Most of us bill net 30 days, so they'd just be coming due.

Check your confirmation. See what their payment terms are and what you've agreed to.

Good Luck.

Linda

Go to Top of Page

n/a

California
1 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  1:59:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm curious if they are still in business? I did a signing on 8/6/10 and have allowed more than net 30 days. I have left numerous messages, email and fax the invoice several times.
They do not answer their phones... how are they taking orders, I wonder?
Does anyone have any details on this company currently? Much appreciated, Janet
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  1:29:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Good Luck.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

johnson

Florida
2 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2010 :  1:15:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have done two closings for this company back in September 2010. I have not received payment. I have called them on numerous ocassions over the past four weeks. They do not answer their phones and/or emails. They will not return my voicemails and/or emails. I even faxed invoices over to them. I finally called the title company and they stated they paid them direct two days after the closing dates and they cashed the check. Needless to say the title company is no longer using them for other reasons which they did not disclose. I called title once again to see if they have heard anything in regards to them going out of business? If anyone knows what has happened to this company, please advise. Also, any suggestions on what I can do at this point would be helpful
Go to Top of Page

mgb1966

Wisconsin
47 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  10:57:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I took a deed signing from Proficiency, Amr to be exact. This was postclosing on another notary's mortgage customer. Apparently, the original notary could not follow up so they asked me. I have done mortgage closings in the past for Proficiency, but not lately. This was in April, they still have not paid me, despite many emails with invoices attached. I have not received payment or a response. Stay away from them. They proficiently used me and will proficiently use you too. I don't believe they ever intended to pay me. It was not a big job and the amount was small, but they should honor their commitments and not steal the services of signing agents. The word 'proficency' would imply full completion of a service, even to the point of paying for services rendered.
Go to Top of Page

Dileco9170

Michigan
4 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2009 :  05:25:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do work for Proficiency on a regular basis. My only problem with Proficiency is that I have to wait until the end of the month to bill for the current month and it takes 30 days after receipt of the invoice to get paid. That means that if I do a closing at the beginning of a month and cannot invoice until the end of the month, it takes approximately 2 months to get paid. This is their policy. However, I have never been shorted and they pay just as promised. I would rather know upfront how and when I will be paid. I do not hesitate to take closings from them.
Go to Top of Page

LeapFrog

Idaho
35 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  2:47:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit LeapFrog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was paid 12/29 for a signing on 11/21. They can sure keep calling me!

Chris
Go to Top of Page

redlemon

Nevada
5 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  6:50:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit redlemon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To the insurancelady, can you send me a copy of their invoice form? fax 775-778-3708?

Notary in Elko NV
Go to Top of Page

theinsurancelady

Washington
38 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  4:25:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit theinsurancelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was owed for three signings by Proficiency. I invoiced them at the end of each month as advised using my own invoice form.

Sam called me to do another signing and I told him I couldn't do it because they were in arrears. They sent me a new notary packet that included their own invoice form.

I received payment for all three signings within a week of submitting their invoice form.

Go figure.

Go to Top of Page

thensley

Kentucky
32 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  08:05:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit thensley's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nightmare Notary Story. (They owe me for 2 closings...one in May 08 and one in March 08!!!) I did the closing for Proficiency on 3/26/08 in a city that was 30 minutes away from me; this was for a fee of $95 with edocs. They forgot to send some spousal docs with me so I went back out there for $35 on 4/1/08 at their expense/their error. I have yet to be paid for this closing. I have left Sam vm's on several occasions and since Moe is the owner I'm beginning to leave him messages to. Ridiculous. I know Nations Signature Closers paid Proficiency, so why can't Proficiency pay me???????
I'm so tired of these lame companies using us notaries. We work very hard for our money and we follow their directions to the T, whether it's fax backs, call backs after the closing, logging into websites to give status reports, etc. Yet, they don't know how to cut a check. Sad. I have been doing closings for 6 years and there are only a few companies that have not paid me...I am posting on 123, filing complaints with the BBB, and praying that they have a decent bone in their body to keep up with their side of the bargain.

Trina Hensley
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.