123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Structured Settlements - WARNING - BOGUS?!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ALNOTARY

Alabama
50 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2011 :  04:59:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit ALNOTARY's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have done a couple of signings for Mr. Morales this year in Montgomery and Prattville Alabama and they have gone smooth and I was paid timely. Statous Network is great to work with!
Go to Top of Page

Renee

Michigan
549 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  04:42:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Renee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bizarre - looks like Latin (the website) but certainly doesn't look legit at all.

Two things, Kelly - please consider getting yourself an EIN number, so you NEVER give your SS number to anyone, ever. Takes all of 5 seconds to do.

Second - I do use PayPal for ALL companies doing structured settlements, and I have a separate bank account just for that PayPal account. The minute money goes in, I transfer it out to yet another account, so there is never money sitting in it. That way, I can safely accept PayPal payments and have been since '05.

Initially, I used PayPal both ways (to take payments, and to buy stuff) and the account I had set-up at PayPal to PAY with was a credit card. My credit card was hacked THROUGH PayPal that way - and while both PayPal & U.S. Bank jumped on it immediately and the results were only that I had to close that card/open another - I no longer have any credit cards 'linked' with PayPal. Just the dedicated bank account. If I want to use PayPal to purchase something, I first transfer IN the amount needed, to that bank account, and then pay out through PayPal. Again - never a dime sitting in that account.

Edited by - Renee on 11/25/2008 04:43:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

gjk-fl

Florida
151 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  5:12:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit gjk-fl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kelly, that sounds like a scam, especially asking for your bank account! Thanks for the warning.

gjk
Go to Top of Page

kellyjmt

Washington
22 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  4:27:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit kellyjmt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have done a few notarizations for structured settlements and they went fine but I had an experience today I had to share and see if anyone else has also experienced. I got a phone call from a "Richard Morales" from "STATOUS NETWORK" asking me to notarize 10 - 15 pages for a client in a nearby city for later today. We agreed upon a price then he mentioned the number he had for the client was not working and to wait and he would email me her contact information. He also asked for me to fax over a W-9 (Including my social Security number, of course.) When I checked my email there was no message from him so I called him back at a Seattle area number and he said he would send it right over. Each time I spoke to him the connection was terrible and between a heavy accent and the connection it was nearly impossible to understand him. I received the email and attempted to call the client but the number was not accepting calls. A few minutes later I received an email from the client that was strangely urgent. Excessive use of caps, urgent language and again giving a non-working phone number. I tried the number again then wrote back but never got a response. In the meantime I did a little research on STATOUS NETWORK and was concerned by what I found. There is a website that has repetitive words in an unknown (non-existant?) language and a bogus 800 number that was some sort of crisis line rather than a business line. I called STATOUS NETWORK back and gently told Mr. Morales I had some concerns regarding his company and was looking for some assurance that they were a legitimate company. He offered to direct deposit my pay into my bank account (!) when I declined he then grew angry and told me he would find another notary and hung up on me. Wow! I feel like this was a close call. If this is a legitimate company (highly doubtful) they have some very unprofessional business practices. If not, they are scam artists attempting to prey on notaries. I just wanted to pass along a warning so you can watch out for calls like this. Every other time I have done a structured settlement it was been the company itself that has contacted me rather than them using a third party. Any thoughts on this are appreciated!

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.