123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 21st Century Legal Services
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  01:27:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Visit our review page for 21st Century Legal Services
http://www.123notary.com/signco-idv.asp?sid=718&21st+Century+Legal+Services

Go to Top of Page

cowgirl

Missouri
5 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2010 :  12:21:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeninohio

I haven't heard from them but would love it if they'd call. I'll just add the hundreds that they owe me from 21st Century on to the new fee.

Jennifer Cotsmire
Notary Signing Agent

yes they are running under another name it is Fidelity National Lending Services a few doors down from the other address
Go to Top of Page

jeninohio

Ohio
36 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2010 :  6:27:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit jeninohio's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I haven't heard from them but would love it if they'd call. I'll just add the hundreds that they owe me from 21st Century on to the new fee.

Jennifer Cotsmire
Notary Signing Agent
Go to Top of Page

Angel444

11 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2010 :  05:03:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if they are operating under a different name? I know that is a part of their game plan once people find out about them under their old name.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Indiana
2 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  08:20:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CopperheadVA

From what I've heard, your tax guy is correct. My understanding is that you can't take it as a loss because it was never reported as income.

However, if you use the accrual method of reporting your income - where you report the income as soon as the job is completed (before you actually receive payment) - then (this is just what I have read on other chat boards and is not meant as financial or tax advice) you CAN deduct as a loss, but all that does is bring you back to a basis of $0.00 income for that particular job. Either way, my understanding is that we cannot reduce our reportable income by the amount of an uncollected debt.

Please, someone who is more knowledgeable about this stuff respond and explain this in more detail!

CopperheadVA

If you use the cash method of accounting you can't claim the "loss" but you can still claim the mileage and any other direct expense you had that was associated with that signing.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Indiana
2 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  08:17:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 9633

Could someone out there provide me with their (Fidelity/21st Century) information - fax, email, address? Thanks. Joanne
docs@adksigning.com

Good luck trying to collect from these SCAM companies. I didn't get paid for 2 "loan mod signings" that I did. I heard they were raided by the FBI in late September. I heard this from the "real" Fidelity National when I called to report them. They told me that Fidelity National Legal Services/21st Century Legal Services are in no way associated with them.
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2009 :  09:04:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you did work for them you should have this info in your confirmation.....but here's some info listed elsewhere at least for 21st Century - there are numerous other names they go by but most trace right back to this info - can't confirm how good it still is since they were raided by the FBI in September, but here you go:

9607 Business Center Dr Bldg 13 #D
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730

Business: 909.483.1748
Fax: 909.111.1111
Toll free: 888.483.1748

Good Luck!!

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

New York
13 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2009 :  05:49:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could someone out there provide me with their (Fidelity/21st Century) information - fax, email, address? Thanks. Joanne
docs@adksigning.com
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Massachusetts
1 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2009 :  06:18:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are a bad company. The have not paid me for a signing I wnet to on July 21st
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2009 :  07:20:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by a1etron

.... And they did authorize me to use their account how else did I get their account number.

They authorized you to use their account number for the return of their documents, not to FedEx them your invoice - in your own words...."I sent them my invoice attention accounting dept, using their FEDEX account to send my invoice next day air. I wrote them a letter along with my invoice telling them I will use their fedex account to send my invoice every week next day air until it is is paid"

Glad this worked out for you, Ed, and you got paid - but I'd not suggest this method to anyone for the reasons I previously posted. You're lucky they didn't dock your pay the cost of the next day air fees which, IMO, they'd have every right to do.

MHO

Linda
Go to Top of Page

a1etron

Florida
77 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2009 :  06:20:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used 21st century as the sender and receiver, and being named in a civil suit and criminal suit for a $30 FEDEX ??? PWin have had you paranoia/sanity level checked lately. And they did authorize me to use their account how else did I get their account number. Plus these guys are losers and they are gone. I got paid for my 21st Century work, them, how bout you?

Edward Fadden
Orlando Notary
Covering all of Central Florida, Orange-Lake-Seminole-Osceola and Volusia Counties.
407-619-7777
orlandonotary@embarqmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Angel444

11 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2009 :  04:35:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I have stated before, I did three jobs for them way back before I realized what they really were. I still have not been paid for two and I am charging that up to experience.
Bottom line for me - does not matter to me whether they are legal to operate in my state or not - I have to go to bed with myself at night and I like to sleep with a clear conscience. I can not do that if I work for 21st Century - no ifs, ands or buts.
Go to Top of Page

PWinFL

Florida
469 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2009 :  4:10:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit PWinFL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Besides that, they could claim you were not authorized to use their account number. In which case, criminal and civil suits may be launched naming you as the defendant.

Never drive any faster than your guardian angel can fly.

I am not an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Florida,
and I may not give legal advice or accept fees for legal advice.

Visit us online at http://www.PAWnotary.com
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2009 :  2:13:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by a1etron

I to was owed money from 21st. What I did to get paid was I sent them my invoice attention accounting dept, using their FEDEX account to send my invoice next day air. I wrote them a letter along with my invoice telling them I will use their fedex account to send my invoice every week next day air until it is is paid. I received my check 5 days later. Face it they have to pay FEDEX and they dont want this news getting out. So now you now how to get paid send your invoice to accounting using their fedex it worked for me be sure and include the letter.

Edward Fadden
Orlando Notary
Covering all of Central Florida, Orange-Lake-Seminole-Osceola and Volusia Counties.
407-619-7777

I would not do this....they can either refuse delivery OR accept it and dispute the charges as unauthorized - and guess who's going to get the chargeback? Especially with this company who's probably going under anyway - raided by FBI, license yanked in CA, barred from conducting business in numerous states....

Just don't take work from them...period.

MHO

Linda
Go to Top of Page

a1etron

Florida
77 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2009 :  06:57:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I to was owed money from 21st. What I did to get paid was I sent them my invoice attention accounting dept, using their FEDEX account to send my invoice next day air. I wrote them a letter along with my invoice telling them I will use their fedex account to send my invoice every week next day air until it is is paid. I received my check 5 days later. Face it they have to pay FEDEX and they dont want this news getting out. So now you now how to get paid send your invoice to accounting using their fedex it worked for me be sure and include the letter.

Edward Fadden
Orlando Notary
407-619-7777
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2009 :  06:38:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From taxguide.completetax.com

Cash Method Accounting

http://taxguide.completetax.com/text/Q11_2206.asp

The cash method of accounting is very simple to use, because it's usually obvious when you receive money from a customer or other payer, or when you pay an expense with cash, credit card or a check. When money comes in or goes out, it's recorded and recognized for tax purposes. By contrast, the accrual method requires you to recognize transactions when they occur, not necessarily when the cash changes hands.

Accrual Method Accounting

http://taxguide.completetax.com/text/Q11_2208.asp

Under the accrual method, you record business income when a sale occurs, whether it be the delivery of a product or the rendering of a service on your part, regardless of when you get paid. You record an expense when you receive goods or services, even though you may not pay for them until later.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2009 :  05:51:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what I've heard, your tax guy is correct. My understanding is that you can't take it as a loss because it was never reported as income.

However, if you use the accrual method of reporting your income - where you report the income as soon as the job is completed (before you actually receive payment) - then (this is just what I have read on other chat boards and is not meant as financial or tax advice) you CAN deduct as a loss, but all that does is bring you back to a basis of $0.00 income for that particular job. Either way, my understanding is that we cannot reduce our reportable income by the amount of an uncollected debt.

Please, someone who is more knowledgeable about this stuff respond and explain this in more detail!

CopperheadVA

Go to Top of Page

jeninohio

Ohio
36 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2009 :  05:26:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit jeninohio's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My tax guy says I can't write off non-payment though that didn't sound correct to me. In the past, non-payments have gone in the trash after a year though I did just hire a collections attorney to help me sort through this nonsense.

Jennifer Cotsmire
Notary Signing Agent
Go to Top of Page

tomthenotary

Maryland
82 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2009 :  6:58:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Write it off!!! As I've stated in the past, if you are not notarizing documents you are acting as no more than a courier, the companies requesting your services realizes "generally you understand the documents being being presented,although, you should never attempt to explain the content to any degree" just my opinion , stick to the legitimate companies who appreciate your expertises as a Notary Public.
Go to Top of Page

jeninohio

Ohio
36 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2009 :  6:31:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit jeninohio's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How do we get our claims for monies owed into this suit?

Jennifer Cotsmire
Notary Signing Agent
Go to Top of Page

n/a

California
2 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2009 :  6:20:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is probably the slime hiding behind the corp.

Andrea Ramirez

Corporation
21ST CENTURY LEGAL SERVICES, INC.
Number: C3135933 Date Filed: 12/5/2008 Status: active
Jurisdiction: California
Address
9340 BASELINE RD STE 105
RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CA 91701
Agent for Service of Process
ANDREA RAMIREZ
9340 BASELINE RD STE 105
RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CA 91701

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2009 :  09:52:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ccwillia1

....I just go paid for work in Aug and the check bounced. They also still owe me additional monies from other work....

The loan modification application work you've done for them is illegal in this state - not sure how complicit that makes you but sure hope for your sake that any of your signers who decide to sue this company or their many and varied aliases for fraud don't list you as a defendant.

And trust me - it does happen - there's a poster on another forum who's an attorney - does signings on the side I guess - she's named as a defendant because the signer sued the modification company. She posted, in part "person claims that he was part of a Foreclosure Rescue Scam & I just happened to be the lucky person to notarize his paperwork".....

Good Luck.

Linda

Edited by - LindaH on 10/10/2009 09:59:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Florida
1 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2009 :  09:24:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes... They have now changed there name to Fidelity National Legal Services.. Still doing loan modification.. I just go paid for work in Aug and the check bounced. They also still owe me additional monies from other work.... They are being investigated by the FBI.. if they owe any money please contact the Rancho Cucamonga, Ca Sheriffs Dept @ 909 477 2800 or 909 945 4440
Go to Top of Page

jeninohio

Ohio
36 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  12:06:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit jeninohio's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I took work from East Coast because they "promised" they'd get me paid from 21st Century. I don't know what I was thinking! That check bounced too! It also makes me angry that when you call the bank that the check is drawn on, they won't even tell you if it's a valid account. I don't want specific personal information - just tell me if the account is even open! They now owe me $205 which includes 4 bounced check fees. After 7 years in this business, how did I fall for this. I guess I wanted to believe that they were going to help people.

Jennifer Cotsmire
Notary Signing Agent
Go to Top of Page

tomthenotary

Maryland
82 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2009 :  9:11:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALOLOLOLOLOL, CROOKS, SHUT THEM DOWN!!!!!!! best post I've seen all week>
Go to Top of Page

HeatherD

Washington
7 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  10:11:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit HeatherD's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is anyone familiar with 21st Century Legal Services who does loan modifications?

Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.