123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Firma Signing Solutions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

007Notary

California
92 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2014 :  06:40:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit 007Notary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bad to the bone signing service company. Why pay someone to exploit and abuse you.

I'd pass. Guy doesn't respect notaries. Operates out of a commercial mailbox store.

Not worth the time or energy. I can't believe he's still in biz, but notaries everywhere buy into his game.

Ridiculous. When are notaries going to wise up?

007Notary
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2014 :  12:27:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This boggles my mind. After reading all the comments in this thread, why in the world would you sign up with them - and worse - why would YOU pay THEM to either be paid an obscenely low fee OR not be paid at all.

SMH

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

coastalevie

California
3 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2014 :  10:46:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I signed up for their notary network; however, they want you to pay an $18 application fee after you hit submit for approval.

Is anyone glad they have done this?

quote:
Originally posted by notary101

quote:
Originally posted by notaryslife

We need updates on this company. I won't work for them until they get more good things about them posted since their problems a couple years back.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Beware this company. They will keep lowballing you like no tomorrow. I just can't deal with their $75 signing per trip regardless of where you go. And just like others have said, it takes them a long time to pay such a little amount of money. Not worth of your time and headache.

Yvonne L. Fisher
Go to Top of Page

notary101

California
2 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2013 :  1:37:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by notaryslife

We need updates on this company. I won't work for them until they get more good things about them posted since their problems a couple years back.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Beware this company. They will keep lowballing you like no tomorrow. I just can't deal with their $75 signing per trip regardless of where you go. And just like others have said, it takes them a long time to pay such a little amount of money. Not worth of your time and headache.
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2013 :  2:04:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

Texas
1 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2012 :  5:51:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lindamcbee

Signing April 23rd, title company paid them April 29th. It is November and no payment. Refuse to call back and when contacted after numerous calls, told they will get back to me on many, many, occasions. Act very upset that no payment has been made--very good actors.

I also did a signing in April I"ve called threatened Schisty Businness POOR ETHICS
Go to Top of Page

Saul

Illinois
46 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2011 :  5:25:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did one signing for them; 2/28/11 and check received timely on 3/21/11. They seemed easy to work with; faxbacks because the property was n/o/o. I would do more work for them if called.

Saul
Go to Top of Page

mdnotary

Maryland
10 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2011 :  06:49:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just send a message to JimJim..lets see how it goes!
Go to Top of Page

jpwells

Pennsylvania
16 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2011 :  4:22:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did loan mod siging for them on 12/17/10 and still no payment. I have not been able to get a hold of anyone concerning payment.

John Wells
Go to Top of Page

lightk

Alabama
108 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2011 :  08:13:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit lightk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After numerous unsuccesful attempts to contact the company, I went to http://activerain.com/figger007 and clicked on the "E-mail Contact Jim jim (Firma Signing)"

I sent a detailed message on 1-6-11 - Jim Figger replied in less than 3 hours that he had forwarded it to accounting to have it corrected.

I received a check yesterday (1/12/11) in the agreed upon amount and it was dated 1-6-11.

Fingers are crossed that the check clears. So, if anyone else wants to try the same website and steps I followed, maybe you'll receive payment.

Go to Top of Page

lightk

Alabama
108 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2010 :  06:44:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit lightk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BEWARE!!

I handled a deed signing for $45 on 9/23/10 -- figured it wasn't too much of a time investment if it turned out bad.

Lake Trout assured me payment would be sent out within 15 days of signing. He even called me again the end of October to do another signing and when I asked about payment for previous, he told me I should receive any day. I informed him that I wouldn't do any more signings until I was paid. Guess what -- they haven't called me again to handle anything.

To date, no payment, no return phone calls, no response to emails.

Go to Top of Page

lindamcbee

Ohio
13 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2010 :  10:32:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit lindamcbee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Signing April 23rd, title company paid them April 29th. It is November and no payment. Refuse to call back and when contacted after numerous calls, told they will get back to me on many, many, occasions. Act very upset that no payment has been made--very good actors.
Go to Top of Page

garciaal

Georgia
12 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  1:47:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This guys owe me for a signing from Nov 2009 and they have the audacity to call me today to do a signing. I guess they forgot. I told them where to go
Go to Top of Page

JPMyra

New Hampshire
21 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2010 :  09:27:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit JPMyra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did a Loan Mod for them today 7/14/10 and had a very good experience with them.

Myra in NH
JPMyra@aol.com

JPMyra in NH
dba JP-Online Services
www.JPOnlineInNH.com
Go to Top of Page

dede1107

Texas
36 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  07:11:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a signing back in April for them, and still have not been paid. I called numerous times and they said they will check with accounting and call me back, no one ever does! I even called title and they said they paid Firma in May for this loan. It's now september and no payment. BEWARE!

Dana McKinney
Notary Public TX
Central TX
Go to Top of Page

sleary

California
3 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  5:31:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit sleary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did a signing for them on May 22nd,no response from my numerous request for payment. Past post said they are taking 90-120 to pay. TOO LONG. I will send to collections, if that does any good.
This is a good forum,but I checked after I accepted assignment.

Go to Top of Page

gjk-fl

Florida
151 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  4:00:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit gjk-fl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ed, I totally agree. I strive to make $25.00-$35.00 an hour in this business and that is how I set my fees. I too, do many reverse mtg applications for $125.00-$135.00, in my primary county, and one company pays me that AND overnights the docs to me in a real neat little package. Then they pay me $150.00 for the closing and it is always straight forward, no glitches. So, you can imagine how hard my chin hit the floor when he quoted $35.00 for the whole thing! The low ballers fail to remember what all it takes to become adept at this job, you have to know what you're doing. You're not "just a notary" but a certified signing agent, which takes training and education to fully understand this process. I will just decline the job if the price doesn't meet my fees, it's just not worth it.

gjk
Go to Top of Page

a1etron

Florida
77 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  05:17:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do a lot of RESPA signings and loan application signings in my area, and all the companies I do them for pay me $75.00 or $100.00 for each one.

The math is easy. The time it takes you print, the money spent on paper and toner, then equipment cost (PC & Laser Printer, Internet Connection, office location or place you conduct business, Electricity, Cell Phone, Fax Line) then your travel time in traffic, then your transportation cost (car, car payment, insurance for car, gas, wear and tear on your car) then arriving at the customer/borrowers location and actually knowing what and where they need to sign. Now your time back to your office and finding a FEDEX/UPS drop box on the way. GOLLY GEE Gomer, I cant wait to do one of these for $35.00.

Fellow Professional Certified Notary Signing Agents, simply explain the above cost structure to any company that does not want to pay a reasonable fee for your professional services.

Any other profession will not even show up at your house without charging a reasonable trip fee for their services.

If you accept these low ball fees understand that you are working for less than minimum wage and you are more than likely losing money and will only put yourself out of business.

ED

Edward Fadden
Orlando Notary
Covering all of Central Florida, Orange-Lake-Seminole-Osceola and Volusia Counties.
407-619-7777
orlandonotary@embarqmail.com
Go to Top of Page

gjk-fl

Florida
151 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  3:56:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit gjk-fl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, they take that long to pay such a little amount? That is ridiculous.

gjk
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  1:46:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gjk-fl

I just got a text from Notary Bay for a reverse mortgage application. So, I called the number and it was Firma Signing Solutions out of Oceanside, Calf. They wanted to pay me $35.00!!!! to print a reverse mtg application and go do the application! So I chuckled and told him my print fee was $35.00, he said that was ridiculously high and hung up on me. Guess he hasn't priced a printer cartridge lately! These people are crazy!

gjk

Good thing you didn't take it - I hear tell (and this is just what I heard, not personal experience) they're taking 90-120 days to pay now...

That kind of time to pay usually precedes a company closing their doors IME

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

gjk-fl

Florida
151 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  1:32:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit gjk-fl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just got a text from Notary Bay for a reverse mortgage application. So, I called the number and it was Firma Signing Solutions out of Oceanside, Calf. They wanted to pay me $35.00!!!! to print a reverse mtg application and go do the application! So I chuckled and told him my print fee was $35.00, he said that was ridiculously high and hung up on me. Guess he hasn't priced a printer cartridge lately! These people are crazy!

gjk
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.