123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Technical & Marketing Issues
 Legal and letter, or just legal
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

azdocsign

Arizona
89 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  1:35:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit azdocsign's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have an HP 1320, but beware if you buy an HP and have another brand printer - you will need to uninstall all printers. Then install the HP first and then install the others. I had this problem when I purchased mine and it took me about 3 months to straighten out. I even set up a paid for case with Microscoft and finally found someone there that had worked with Canon before and knew right off what the problem was. But if you do as mentioned above, you will be fine.

Kathy Fletcher

Go to Top of Page

Renee

Michigan
549 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  02:21:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Renee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Check your local Craig's List - so many businesses shutting down, lots of work-horse HP's out there.
Go to Top of Page

vince

Kansas
324 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  6:44:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit vince's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kimcole132

Anyone know of an inexpensive printer with a dual tray?

Most folks recommend several Brother dual tray laser printers as inexpensive alternatives. However, I like my Lexmark 642DTN. The per page copy expense is good, you don't have to mess with it often and overall quality is good for high volume printing.
Go to Top of Page

lkassis

Iowa
60 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  10:53:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not to mention the price of paper. In the long run, being able to print letter on letter and only the required legal on legal saves money since legal paper is more expensive.
quote:
Originally posted by inotarize

I used to print docs in the way kimcole132 outlined and it does work. However, my volume has increased and I felt I was spending way too much printing docs using that method. So, after 2 1/2 years, I finally took the time (and asked for help) to program my dual tray printer. Now, my printer figures out for itself what size paper it needs to use. I have cut my print time in almost half. No joke. I feel like a ditz for not doing this sooner.

Invest the extra money and purchase a dual-tray printer. Invest the time to set it up properly. You'll be glad that you did. You will save time which will free you to do other things while docs are printing (marketing, invoicing or following up on accounts receivables, accepting another appointment, or posting on this site).

Michelle L. Riley
Huntsville Mobile Notary - We Come To You!
http://www.huntsvillemobilenotary.com

Linda Kassis
United Notary Association (UNAA)
www.unitednotaries.org
www.halitek.com

If you are not riding the wave of change, you may find yourself under it. Ride the wave with the UNAA.
Go to Top of Page

kimcole132

North Carolina
100 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2008 :  2:18:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know of an inexpensive printer with a dual tray?
Go to Top of Page

inotarize

Alabama
55 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2008 :  4:02:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit inotarize's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I used to print docs in the way kimcole132 outlined and it does work. However, my volume has increased and I felt I was spending way too much printing docs using that method. So, after 2 1/2 years, I finally took the time (and asked for help) to program my dual tray printer. Now, my printer figures out for itself what size paper it needs to use. I have cut my print time in almost half. No joke. I feel like a ditz for not doing this sooner.

Invest the extra money and purchase a dual-tray printer. Invest the time to set it up properly. You'll be glad that you did. You will save time which will free you to do other things while docs are printing (marketing, invoicing or following up on accounts receivables, accepting another appointment, or posting on this site).

Michelle L. Riley
Huntsville Mobile Notary - We Come To You!
http://www.huntsvillemobilenotary.com
Go to Top of Page

kimcole132

North Carolina
100 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  1:40:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I print all copies for the borrowers per the instructions from the lender. Sometimes if the original set has numermous copies of the RTC I give those copies to the borrower instead of printing more.
Go to Top of Page

LeapFrog

Idaho
35 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  10:33:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit LeapFrog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for your responses!

I printed a mixed page size doc yesterday, and although I told the printer to print by the pdf page size, it did not.

So I'm trying to figure out why...

Chris
Go to Top of Page

vince

Kansas
324 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  10:14:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit vince's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kimcole132

I generally print the borrower copy in letter size and reduce to fit the page if necessary.

I do not print legal on letter for either copy (cannot say never as had to print a changed HUD once on letter because it was changed during a closing and the borrower only had letter sized paper to print it on - with an inkjet).

Do you print the borrowers copy of the RTC copies as well?
Go to Top of Page

kimcole132

North Carolina
100 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  8:31:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a signal tray laser printer that prints legal or letter but not both at the same time. I find it easy to choose the pdf size necessary and print accordingly. Printing on all legal paper is much more expensive and I find the few extra minutes it takes saves me money in the long run. Procedures just in case you need them - Once the pdf file is open, click on pages tab on the left hand side, from there you can tell which ones are legal and which ones are letter, click print, put in your range of pages, select "none" for page scaling and click choose paper source by pfd page size. I generally print the borrower copy in letter size and reduce to fit the page if necessary.
Go to Top of Page

vince

Kansas
324 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  6:51:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit vince's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dual tray with option set to print as called for - letter on letter and legal on legal. The Lexmark used also has a duplexer, but I do not use that feature for lender or borrower copies as the two of the title companies said they would appreciate it if printing on one side only, something about it was easier for them to copy.
Go to Top of Page

azdocsign

Arizona
89 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  5:28:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit azdocsign's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You will find a dual tray is the best way to go to avoid frustration. When I purchased my latest printer, I made sure I have duplex printing. Some of my clients have shared that it is really nice when they prefer duplex printed doucments to receive them back printed on both sides. Doesn't happen often, but once in a while. I purchased mine on line from Hewlett Packard and it is a work horse.

Good Luck!

Kathy Fletcher

Go to Top of Page

LeapFrog

Idaho
35 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  4:50:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit LeapFrog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I do have a dual tray printer. I generally print it all legal, just because it's easier when I'm going through the docs.

Chris

Edited by - LeapFrog on 09/16/2008 4:51:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

lildeb1951

Arizona
32 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  4:49:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit lildeb1951's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a dual tray so docs print as they have been formatted. If you don't have a dual tray generally legal is best so you don't cut off any of the text or margins. Some specify letter so make sure you read the instructions sent along with the package. Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

Doris_CO

Colorado
148 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  1:59:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a dual tray printer so I can print on both sizes without pulling paper trays out and changing the paper. It's generally been recommended that if you have only one paper tray in your printer that you print everything on legal size.

Doris
Go to Top of Page

LeapFrog

Idaho
35 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  1:03:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit LeapFrog's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How do you guys print docs? Using both sizes or only legal?

Seeking opinions please.

TIA!

Chris Maddox
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.