123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 The Closing Group-Louisville KY-NO PAY
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arizona
15 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2016 :  1:44:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit 32297's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just got a blast email from them. "VA Refinance. Large package appox. 200 pages. Our Fee is $75+ $10 for large package. Total Fee $85. My response; Is this a joke or what. The pricing is an insult to any professional signer and please remove me from you data base. For a company that seems to have a history of short or no payment to signers, I would never accept an assignment from them.
Go to Top of Page

P2R

North Carolina
28 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2015 :  10:54:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit P2R's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have closed occasionally for this company and they have met my fee. However, I did a closing for them in early February where the very large package arrived after the time the closing was to take place - after 7 pm. The package took forever to print including the borrowers copy so of course I arrived at the closing close to an hour after the scheduled closing time. I did the closing which took over an hour. When my payment arrived some 45 days later it was $10 short. So, I've been calling and emailing them for the $10. Finally today I was told I did not fax back as required but when I looked at my confirmation email there was no requirement to fax back to them. So today I told them to take me off their list. No more of these terribly large packages for me with late docs and closing that takes over an hour for this kind of hassle. I have enough companies that pay me well with small packages that I don't need this kind of hassle.

Paralegal to the Rescue
Go to Top of Page

TGS1985

California
208 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2015 :  11:49:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit TGS1985's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For the past three days this company has continue to send me cattle call emails about the same 200pg VA loan signing that's 30 miles away and requires fax backs. While I get some enjoyment seeing such a company fail to fulfill their signings as it is probably a strong indicator that the notaries in my area have wised up, I've decided I'm going to start replying to their emails stating that I accept their signings... for $400.00, due up front via PayPal.

If they continue to insist on offering me high maintenance signings for ridiculously low fees, essentially wasting my time, I'm going to return the favor by counter offering with ridiculously high fees so that I waste theirs. Hopefully it doesn't take them long for them to get the message.

Edited by - TGS1985 on 03/25/2015 11:51:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

RRusto

New York
6 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2015 :  1:38:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Horrible fees, blast emails, and ridiculous requests to downloand and print 200+ pages plus travel 85 miles one way for a fee of $80. How does this company exist? Oh, did I forget, even receive those emails to travel into other states where I do not have a Notary commission.

Robert H. Ruston
Go to Top of Page

smcohn

California
17 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2014 :  09:26:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit smcohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All these companies that sned blast emails fishing for the lowest bidder get "spamed" directly to my spam folder for further disapproval. If they are not willing to negotiate pay for professional services they can get what they pay for. Set a minimum fee and stick to it.
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2014 :  05:55:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I marked them to spam - don't even see them any more. I love their disclaimer in the body of it that it goes out to all notaries in a 100 mile radius.

BTW, dfye, you got a bonus - the emails I get only offer $75.

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

dfye@mcttelecom.com

New Hampshire
681 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2014 :  05:14:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit dfye@mcttelecom.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am posting a copy of an email I sent to this company on August 22, 2014. These "cattle call emails" (Notary's Life, 2013) that I receive every couple of weeks need to stop but probably never will as there is an element of respect missing to these people.

To Whom it May Concern/Scheduling Department:

You obviously got my information from123notary.com. Why you are sending me a request for a signing that is 50 - 100 miles away is beyond me as I do not advertise that service meaning you really should read before sending out emails. A measly $85 for print, travel, time, AND faxback, proves that you are completely insane. I would have had to travel 75 miles to do the signing which equates to less than $1.00 per mile and would not have been worth the keystrokes it would take to download documents. I also do not need anyone checking work that I have been doing for 18 years error free. You have chosen not to bother reading pertinent information in my profile nor does it even matter to you because you sent me an email anyways. Your company has no respect for notaries and will send a "cattle call email" with no contact person's name other than Scheduling Department when you get desperate. On that note, please REMOVE ME from your list. If I wanted to do business with you, I would have been the one to contact you and not the other way around. Your reputation is not a very good one and I refuse to do business with a company that does not treat their notaries with respect or pay them.

Lastly, USING RED CAPITAL LETTERS TO SCREAM AT SOMEONE FOR THEIR BACKGROUND CHECK IS NOT BECOMING OF ANY COMPANY ESPECIALLY THOSE YOU DO NOT CONTRACT WITH. AS DESPERATE AS YOUR COMPANY IS, I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED IF YOU "RELEASE DOCUMENTS" WITHOUT A BACKGROUND CHECK, REGARDLESS. Also, you really ought to learn how to spell. Department is not typically abbreviated in a salutation, and if it is, it usually contains a period of some kind to complete the contraction. Your spelling lesson is now over for the day.

Legal Eagle Para Professional Services
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2013 :  06:00:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I guess this proves you're not the center of the universe of all truth and reality after all. What a ridiculous comment.
quote:
Originally posted by groberts131

I've never had a problem being paid by The Closing Group. I'm really surprised to see by your posts that some of you are having issues with them.

TN Notary

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

Edited by - notaryslife on 06/16/2013 06:01:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2013 :  05:58:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are sending cattle call emails for signings while asking for my fee as a means to get the cheapest notary. I know this because I responded within minutes and they never replied. I think this is dehumanizing and it makes me angry to be brought into their waste of my time. I gave them hell fire for it and asked them to take me off their damn cattle calls list.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

groberts131

Tennessee
27 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2013 :  07:03:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit groberts131's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've never had a problem being paid by The Closing Group. I'm really surprised to see by your posts that some of you are having issues with them.

TN Notary
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2013 :  05:52:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I do not consider the docs their property if there is a reasonable expectation that I will not be paid"

You may want to discuss this with your attorney and make sure your liability insurance is paid - yes the documents ARE their property - certainly not yours.

We are authorized to refuse notary service if signers refuse to pay our fee - that may possibly extend to hiring parties. Other than that, you are only the "document custodian" if you will and you are obligated to return them immediately. If you have a "reasonable expectation" that you will not be paid, then don't accept the assignment and don't accept delivery of the documents in the first place.

JMO

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

FLnotary1

Florida
11 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2013 :  05:32:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Signing 10 Jan 2013

I read this blog 4hrs prior to my signing. I called the scheduler Kelly and gave the option of paying in advance or finding another notary. She said they would not pay until I confirmed the signing was complete, I responded that I would do the signing but would not drop the dos until the fee was deposited in my Paypal account. I completed the signing and called again, at that time they did deposit my fee and the Docs were dropped.
I do not consider the docs their property if there is a reasonable expectation that I will not be paid.
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2012 :  5:55:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are very slow to pay, 60 days and they pester you with phone calls and emails for jobs. I keep telling them I don't cover out of my county and each day the same guy calls me with other cities knowing I don't work there.

Tonight this man called testing me as to a job I withdrew from due to a doctor's appointment. They gave it to me 10 days ago and it's been sitting on my schedule. He called and I told him I couldn't do a job at that time, I was booked. He then said "it's the job you had before" to bring to my attention how I could be booked at that time. I told him I just say that, I had a doctor's appointment. I then let him know he's been wasting my time each day over jobs I don't cover in other cities. I told him at this point he was pretty much harassing me and to stop.

They're sending me emails now with out of city jobs and asking me for my fee. They're making agents contact them so you waste your time if someone responded first. I just think I won't work again for these slow payers who are extremely annoying.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

kimcole132

North Carolina
100 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  1:43:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone done work for them recently? They just called me to do one for them.
Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2008 :  04:20:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I finally received payment at 78 days from The Closing Group after contacting the TC and broker by phone. I then sent an oh-so-polite e-mail to the TC summarizing our conversation and requesting a copy of the canceled check that was issued to The Closing Group as payment (they were paid upon funding).

I cc'd both Trevor and Beth at The Closing Group on this e-mail, and it produced the desired results. Angry e-mail from Trevor was received 30 minutes later and I received payment the following week.

CopperheadVA

Go to Top of Page

CopperheadVA

Virginia
420 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  06:16:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am now well over 60 days owed by the Closing Group.

I did a job for The Closing Group in September 2008. They promised in writing to pay me within 31 - 45 days from date of service. When that didn't happen, they promised in writing that my check would be sent on November 21, 2008. Again, didn't happen.

I am now having to resort to contacting the title company and the broker to ask for assistance from them to receive my payment from the Closing Group. The title company told me that The Closing Group was issued a check upon funding, so they were paid over 60 days ago for my work.

CopperheadVA

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  07:03:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Renee: "the borrower did not contract for your service (the signing agent did " - I'm sure you meant the signing service did"....:)

Tibber: Unless you have a written agreement with the borrowers that they will pay your fee if the company doesn't, you have no recourse against the borrowers and have no authority to place a lien on the borrowers' property - the borrowers have already paid the fee in the costs of the loan - your recourse is only against the party that hired you with possibly some help from the title company.

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

Renee

Michigan
549 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  03:03:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Renee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tibber: We are not "closing agents", the borrower did not contract for your service (the signing service did - they owe you, not the borrower and not the T/C, either), and the BBB is not a debt collection service, why waste your time and effort? Another poster mentioned 'reporting' someone to the SOS - not sure why.

We are small business owners - Google: "small business accounting", "business debt collection tips", etc. One hour of reading will leave you far more knowledgable about HOW to run a business, the important features of invoicing, and the most critical 'to do/not to do' points of debt collection.

If you use Quickbooks - check out www.tradexchange.dnb.com. I don't know any reason why we as an industry aren't utilizing this FREE & potentially very powerful tool.

When your own methods fail, you can turn the account over for debt collection for a mere $25 & two minutes of time, which INCLUDES having the debtor's business credit report SHOW the account as in collection (ouch!) - see www.smallbusiness.dnb.com under "collect debt"

From there, you'd move to small claims court. Bounced checks opens a whole new can of worms, since that's a criminal offense.

*Edited to correct - thanks Linda! =)

Edited by - Renee on 12/02/2008 08:48:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

tibber

Illinois
13 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  5:53:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been waiting on payment for a closing I did 6/30/08. I have had promise after promise. The same story each time (your chek is going out in Fridays batch. It never does. I just filed a complaint with the BBB. Hopefully they can get my pay for me. I have also contacted the Title Co. with no response or help. I have been informed that we as closing agents can put a (LIEN) on the borrowers property for collection of payment. Anyone know any thig about this? Is others waiting for overdue payment from them?
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Arkansas
3 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  12:40:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wanted to let you know that The Closing Group has now paid me and the check has cleared the bank. I am now hearing that others are starting to receive payments, however, very slow.

Go to Top of Page

amsigning

Kentucky
18 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2008 :  7:26:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit amsigning's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We did a closing for this company in early May. We caught them in a lie after the closing documents were submitted. They called our office and said the borrower signed in the "Wish to Cancel" section of the acknowledgement of the right to cancel on the Notice of Right to Cancel form. We advised them that we knew this wasn't true as we double check our work for accuracy before shipping docs out. We still made another trip to have borrowers sign the document again. Borrowers were very upset as they insisted they did not sign in the wish to close section. When signing agent arrived, this company faxed about 20 other pages for borrower to sign that wasn't in the closing packet. We immediately called them and told them we caught them trying to obtain free notary services and they contradicted themselves saying that a Notice of Right to Cancel wasn't signed. The agreed fee for closing was for $100.00 and only received a check for $80.00. A complaint against this company has been filed with the Kentucky Secretary of State.

Go to Top of Page

n/a

Arkansas
3 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  08:24:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a signing for them on April 20, 2008. To date I have not received payment. I was promised payment and when called several times received different excuses as to why my check was not sent. It is alleged that other notaries checks have bounced. Watch out for this company. Trevor is pleasant enough and will talk to you however, receiving payment is another story.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.