123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Closing Masters
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Florida
21 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2010 :  2:33:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I did a signing for them on September 25th and they paid me on October 27th. There fee was better than most and I really had no problem with them at all.

I do appreciate the feedback from the rest of you but I haven;t had that bad experience with them. I must state that I only did one signing for them and maybe that's why I haven't had the "bad news" treatments.

Charblue
Go to Top of Page

Lisa T.

California
391 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2010 :  10:10:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa T.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm already at the point where I work only with TC and Escrow companies - entities that are regulated, licensed, insured, bonded and get audited by their regulatory agencies. I keep the longstanding relationships with a few SSs who've maintained a great track record. Not taking on any new SSs for the reasons you mentioned. Anything with a pulse and a cell phone can start an SS.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Virginia
5 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2010 :  08:01:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jennifer is not the one you need to contact regarding payment. Maiken Padron and Aaron Padron are Edge Enteprides d/b/a (doing business as) CLOSING MASTERS. You can reach them via email at: accountingf@closingmasters.com and also orders@closingmasters.com. There address and phone number is: Office of Aaron D Padron
Edge Enterprise, LLC dba ClosingMasters
116 Michael Street
Edison, NJ 08820
732-790-0510
Fax 603-258-0776

I'm still attempting to contact every notary on each and every website that I can to let tolks know that they are bad news. Aaron & Maiken Padron at CLOSING MASTERS are frauds! The work was done and we as notaries should be paid. I guarantee they were paid for closings that we were not paid. They were living off of money that we should have been paid as notaries. As you know initially they had the nerve to place a large printed bright pink flyer in your pay envelope asking notaries to list them as a great company to work with and how they paid on time. That went out the window!!! Against my better judgment, I knew something was going on because initially, they paid within 30 days. THAT CHANGED and they then started paying 45 days after the closing which I never understood. Since they are title, we should have been paid within a week after the closing!!! They are bad news and they have committed FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY!!! DO NOT WORK FOR CLOSINGMASTERS AND I REPEAT STAY AWAY FROM CLOSINGMASTERS. Please report them to the Better Business Bureau and The Secretary of the State of New York IMMEDIATELY. The more complaints we file, the better the chances of us being paid and them not getting any business. I also plan on letting LENDERS know of their fraudulent activity.

Go to Top of Page

n/a

North Carolina
2 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  12:55:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I handled a closing on 03/23/2009 and have not been paid. I sent an email to Jennifer after 90 days and left several messages for her...she has not responded. It was a Lend America Loan, and after reading the other posts on this thread, I realize that I will not be paid.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Kentucky
1 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  3:11:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am in the same boat. Closing took place on 10/30 and still have not received payment. After several emails, I was requested an address to send payment to. Once that was provided, "Jennifer" indicated that she will put in mail that day, which was 12/30/2009. After a week or so, I checked with "Jennifer" and she indicated she really did put it in the mail that day so give it another week. Another week... I CALLED her and was assured it was sent, give it another week. Now I just sent email questioning and have been advised no payment will be made since Lend America went out of business, they are also!!! This is a first for me in my 3 years (well I actually had an issue with that Century 21 which was about Loan Modifications). I too double check companies and had done work for them between January and June and received payment - no problem. What can be done?
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Virginia
5 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  11:06:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sent Edge Enterprises d/b/a Closing Masters a letter stating that I would definitely let other notaries know about their payment history and how they handled the situation with me. I always arrived at their closings on time and I went beyond the call of duty on some of these closings. They owe me $800 for six (6) closings that I performed in October/November 2009. Initially Maiken Padron would not respond to my email and then she finally responds & says that she cannot pay me because Lend America closed. I responded and let her know that my contract WAS NOT with Lend America but with Edge Enterprises d/b/a Closings Masters. Needless to say, I have not heard any response. BEWARE OF EDGE ENTERPRISES d/b/a CLOSING MASTERS! I will bad mouth them each and every chance I get. I have also contacted the BBB and the Secretary of the State of New York to report them. We'll see what happens. $800 is a lot of money that I really needf!

Go to Top of Page

dfye@mcttelecom.com

New Hampshire
681 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  09:49:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit dfye@mcttelecom.com's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I, too, did a signing for Closing Masters on October 22, 2009 and have not been paid. Unfortunately for me, it was a Lend America loan. Surprisingly, when I called Lend America today, they were very cooperative and gave me a telephone number to call to see if I could get results from them. Lend America also explained in great detail everything that has happened to them. Needless to say, the company they sent the loans to (Loan Care Servicing, Inc.--1-800-274-6600) has not been very helpful. They want me to contact the borrower and have him contact them to ask them to pay me for my services. What is wrong with that picture?

I suppose I cannot blame Closing Masters for this dilemma. Nevertheless, I do believe that Closing Masters is fully responsible for payment in this case as my contract was between them and I. They need to buck up and swallow a little pride and pay their notaries regardless of what their outcome was. Maybe this will teach them to be a little more business-minded and check out the companies that they contract with ahead of time. The one time I did not check out my company, in this case Closing Masters, it came back and kicked me in the head. The only reason I did do the signing was because the borrower is my next door neighbor.

Legal Eagle Para Professional Services
Go to Top of Page

Don

California
8 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2009 :  10:18:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Don's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just received a check for a job completed on 10/8. This was not a Lend America job and I have still not been paid for the LA signing from 10/13.

It looks like Closing Masters is attempting to dig out of the hole caused by the Lend America shut down.
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2009 :  08:42:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by surferwoman1

Closing Masters also owes me for a closing on 10-6-09. They are a fraudulent company. They are really a Title company pretending to be a signing service. The Lender, Lend America, is also part of the fraud. They told me the same thing, that the lender didn't pay them so they won't pay me.

Didn't I hear Lend America shut down? And that's why Closing Masters (and I'll foolishly assume other companies) is having so much trouble - apparently they've lost thousands in the Lend America shutdown.

http://www.housingwire.com/2009/12/01/lend-america-out-of-business

Thank heavens I never worked for them.

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

surferwoman1

11 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2009 :  08:38:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit surferwoman1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Closing Masters also owes me for a closing on 10-6-09. They are a fraudulent company. They are really a Title company pretending to be a signing service. The Lender, Lend America, is also part of the fraud. They told me the same thing, that the lender didn't pay them so they won't pay me.

Go to Top of Page

Don

California
8 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  11:42:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Don's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I completed my first two signing for Closing Masters in early October (8th & 13th)and have not been paid for either signing yet. My e-mail requests for status have not received a response and I noted that their website seems to have been taken down.

This company was highly rated on both 123 & Notary Rotary when I accepted the assignment, but it appears recent events have caused them to become insolvent.
Go to Top of Page

PWinFL

Florida
469 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2009 :  05:10:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit PWinFL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jhs

Closing Masters does not pay, did a closing on 10/9/09. Called 12/01/09 about payment, talked to owner. He said, he wasnt getting paid from Lend America so in turn would not pay me. Informed him that I contracted with him, didnt matter. Said he was out thousands of dollars and didnt have any money. Would not work for them again

Not a good sign. I suggest readers also read the thread titled "Important questions to ask perspective companies" (http://www.123notary.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3737)

Never drive any faster than your guardian angel can fly.

I am not an attorney licensed to practice law in the State of Florida,
and I may not give legal advice or accept fees for legal advice.

Visit us online at http://www.PAWnotary.com
Go to Top of Page

dgkomatz

New York
8 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  8:09:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit dgkomatz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BTW, if you insist on dissing companies think of how it will affect your future assignments. If closing companies read this they may not call you if all you say is bad things.

As I said on my last post, I did 4 signings for this company and was paid within 30 days each time.

Also, complaining about the size of a loan package sent by any signing agency is foolish. Don't you realize that the mortgage company creates the docs through a title company?

Complain away, and watch your business drop.
Go to Top of Page

dgkomatz

New York
8 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2009 :  8:01:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit dgkomatz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have done 4 closings for this company and was paid within 30 days for each. I signed for them in January, February, May and June 2009.

Never had a problem. Will work for them again.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Florida
3 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  5:35:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Closing Masters does not pay, did a closing on 10/9/09. Called 12/01/09 about payment, talked to owner. He said, he wasnt getting paid from Lend America so in turn would not pay me. Informed him that I contracted with him, didnt matter. Said he was out thousands of dollars and didnt have any money. Would not work for them again
Go to Top of Page

nobledocs

Arizona
13 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  11:51:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dynamic1

I posted on the forum on 09/05/08. I have not received any work from them since my post? I have no idea why..

I would call , fax and email them afew times or three in one week. Try it I think you will get paid!
Go to Top of Page

BuckeyeClosing

Ohio
7 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2009 :  07:11:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Traveled 50 miles. Sat with borrower who wouldn't sign messed up package for an hour and they take 60 days to pay LOW LOW LOW $25 trip fee. NOTARY BEWARE these guys are crooks.
Go to Top of Page

dynamic1

Alabama
17 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  10:36:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I posted on the forum on 09/05/08. I have not received any work from them since my post? I have no idea why..
Go to Top of Page

nobledocs

Arizona
13 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  12:43:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have worked for them twice this year and I have gotten paid Both times! The second time I sent an email reminder after 3 wks, because I read these prior links. My check came on time w/in net 30 days. I think non-pymt is not the norm for these guys. On the second closing I warned Jennifer I expected payment and she emailed back that they always pay their notaries. I dont think they likethe negativity on these posts. Its up to you, but htis is my experience with them. I NEVER had to remind them to pay me on my first closing and I suspect may have not needed to for the 2nd one I had done, either. At this point I will work for them again, and I do charge an extra 10.00 for the large file.

J. Eickson
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Missouri
2 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  09:12:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These people promise to pay but do not. Huge packages and no pay. I don't think so. BAD PAY AVOID

rick king
Go to Top of Page

kimcole132

North Carolina
100 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  11:00:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I completed a closing for them on 6/10 and received the check today 8/3. I emailed a couple of times and they did have to call for my address but I got it.
Go to Top of Page

Lisa T.

California
391 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2009 :  5:00:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa T.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
One thing I have to say about the one signing I did for Closing Masters - nice staff and no handholding or babysitting, but the edoc file was huge, an FHA refi that was more than 200 pages. I used nearly an entire ream of legal paper to print the copy for signing and the borrowers copy. Since I had no idea the file was that large (I didn't ask and they didn't volunteer info) my fee was based on an average size file - under 150 pages. Going forward, I will ask how big the file is, and if they don't know or won't say, I will just add the additional printing fee to make sure I'm covered.

Edited by - Lisa T. on 07/24/2009 5:02:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

n/a

North Carolina
4 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2009 :  1:45:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just had a call from Closing Masters for a closing on Monday and am readhing a mix of reviews here. I am trying to decide if I will do this assignment. Lisa just had a signing & appeared to be paid as promised (I was told net 30 days).

Pamela Evans
Go to Top of Page

Lisa T.

California
391 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  9:41:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lisa T.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
I completed a signing for Closing Masters on 5/16/09 and received the check today 6/22/09 for the agreed upon fee. This is my experience.
Go to Top of Page

jfsobers

Louisiana
90 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  05:31:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit jfsobers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So after the post yesterday, I faxed and emailed everyone I could find on the confirmation, etc. So... Closing Masters called the POLICE on me... funny...They are pitiful and desperate. But in any case, they are still dishonest and sneaky. I sent another email after the coversation with the police, telling them that I will continue to try to collect my money, regardless of the tactics that they use to stop me. DON'T work for these folks...
Go to Top of Page

a1etron

Florida
77 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  12:45:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone ever heard of CLOSING MASTERS out of Edison NJ Aaron and Maiken Padron run it and they asking for my services. I have never worked for them has any one ever done business with them? They are also affiliated with Edge Enterprise, LLC.

Ed

Edward Fadden
Orlando Notary
Covering all of Central Florida, Orange-Lake-Seminole-Osceola and Volusia Counties.
407-619-7777
orlandonotary@embarqmail.com
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.