123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Technical & Marketing Issues
 A new avenue for earning more money!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kelly

California
105 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2008 :  04:39:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kelly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've done some research on Maverick and I think that no matter what, this is a great value for the notary/LSA. The price is right and I just saw a $5 discount somewhere - just ask for it. I love companies who come up with innovative ideas and this is a winner in my opinion.

At the very least, you will get training that you can brag about and you can add that skill to your notary resume and profiles! It's even sweeter if you get some work from Maverick and put some $$$ in the bank.

What they offer is NOT paying to belong in a ss database - it's training and the possiblity of getting work too. The company specifically states that they do not guarantee any work - how honest is that?

One more comment: Notarizing most any document to include DMV docs is simple IF you know what you're doing. Loan docs are simple too, but only because I know what I'm doing! My point is, it doesn't matter if it's easy or basic, you are still getting the training and the skills to go out there and do it and who knows - maybe another company will ask you to work for them that's involved in the same type of work. There's a lot of car sales via ebay/the internet these days.

I'm convinced that this is a good value for anyone who wants to augment their income and enhance their skills/resume.

Kelly Robertson
Coach - Mentor - Instructor
One-of-a-Kind, "How To" Workshops for New Notaries & Signing Agents http://www.SigningAgentCoach.com
Go to Top of Page

MaverickSign

California
4 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  11:35:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit MaverickSign's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Ken,

Thank you for the nice words. We are plugging away and working on the final details with two more Automotive groups. So, we are going to get even more busy.
Ken, your an excellent notary, very professional and we are glad to have you on our team. I'm sure you will hear from us soon, NY been getting more and more signings. Have a good day.

Regards,

Jennifer Rico

Jennifer Rico
Operations Manager
Maverick Document Signings, Inc.
1/877-628-7446 x 218
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  11:12:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have done several Maverick auto purchase transactions. They are quite a bit different from loan packages. Look carefully in the multi-part forms so you dont miss a notarization, and be sure to separately notarize "carbon copies" - of course with an original signature from the affiant.

I have nothing but praise for Maverick's way of doing business. They send package promtly - are flexible with dates/times (if possible) and pay promptly.

(sigh) - if only the signing services followed Maverick's example !

Ken
Go to Top of Page

MaverickSign

California
4 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2008 :  1:54:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit MaverickSign's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi All-

Thank you for your posts. I want to respond. First off we don't deal with title, I know that's a PA thing but we don't mess with it. We deal with the Finance Contracts for the vehicles, that's it...even in PA. To date we have had signings in PA, although it is currently not one of our busiest states, that can change at any moment due to the increase in our business.
Secondly, Linda, I would be happy to give you and anyone else some notary names as references if you contact me by private email. I will not post peoples information in a forum. Florida is one of our best states to date, we've got lots of activity there.
I think that covers it. I appreciate the interest in Maverick Document Signings and I welcome all questions and comments (as long as their positive :) LOL I am posting one more post after this response and it has a coupon offer in it for purchasing our training. Thank you to everyone. We value our notaries very much.
Regards,
Jennifer Rico
JenRico@mavericksignings.com

Jennifer Rico
Operations Manager
1/877-628-7446 x 218
Go to Top of Page

dawn

Pennsylvania
34 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2008 :  04:48:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit dawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I emailed with Maverick last year in regards to that. According to them, it has NOTHING to do with the actual title work only the auto loan. My guess would be that after that was completed, the buyer would have to go to an authorized PENDOT location to transfer title, etc.

I too, would love to know if there is indeed a "need" for this type of work in South Central Pennyslvania. Maverick Signings care to chime in?

Edited by - dawn on 05/30/2008 04:51:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Pennsylvania
2 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2008 :  01:56:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not know what other states require regarding DMV forms...for PA notaries, you must have a contract directly with the state DMV dept b/4 you are able to notarize any DMV forms. Certain DMV forms require notarization and an agent number (which shows you have a contract with the state).

If this opportunity was signing just loan docs for an auto loan, for us PA'ers, I could see potential. But our 'wonderful' state regulations do not allow us this opportunity...because even though you may be an agent with the state to complete DMV forms...you are not allowed to complete DMV forms out of your office.

Kudos to those whos states are not so oppressive!!
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  5:09:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also heard about this venture - and heard some notaries who took the "training" and never heard another word.

Maverick, can you provide the names of three notaries in FL who have worked for you so we can obtain references? Also interested in the volume of work you may have in the North Central Florida area.

Thanks..:)

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

dawn

Pennsylvania
34 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  06:05:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit dawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I remember getting an email last year from them, but didn't take the "course". Has anyone ever actually done one of these automotive loans?

Go to Top of Page

MaverickSign

California
4 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  09:55:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit MaverickSign's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi to all Notaries-

My name is Jennifer Rico and I am the Operations Manager at Maverick Document Signings, Inc. We specialize in Automotive Finance Signings. We have been in business for almost 2 years and going strong. I am writing this post today to let everyone know about our Automotive training. We sell it from our web site at http://www.mavericksignings.com for $29.00, it has a host of information to teach you how to handle an auto signing. Once you have purchased the training and read the material, you will be asked to take a quiz to make sure the information was learned. After that you will be entered into our database for possible signings in your area. We DO NOT guarantee that if you buy the training you will be contacted for work. We do however encourage you to not only enter our database but to market this new skill in your area. It is a fast growing and in much demand industry. Our current notaries say they enjoy the relaxed style of the signings and the ease of the process. We do need many more notaries in our database to fill the growing demand for these type of signings. Please feel free to email me for any questions at JenRico@mavericksignings.com, thank you for reading this post and we wish all notaries much success.

Jennifer Rico
Operations Manager
1/877-628-7446 x 218
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.