123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Vital Signings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1 1 person liked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nkleeger

California
34 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2011 :  09:37:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit nkleeger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chica

Neil,
"mistakes cost money". After all these years you should know how to sign docs. And they micro-manage because you can't follow a few simple steps. Client demands it!

I agree. And, after many years as a signing agent, I have never had to pay back my fee and theirs, especially after not being able to repair the damage. If you call their rules "a few simple steps", I think you are sadly mistaken.

Neil L. Kleeger
Go to Top of Page

janel_Lee

Wisconsin
8 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2011 :  07:56:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit janel_Lee's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Back in 2003 through 2005 I used to do many closings for Vital; they never balked about my fee, and amazingly my fees have not increased all that much since then. I try to be fair and consistent whether it be a signing service or title direct. The day Vital told me I have an A+ rating with them, but I am at the bottom of their list because I charge $125 per closing up to 50 miles was the day they stopped calling for a long while.

I feel $125 plus edocs (these packages are never THAT small) travel, and free fax backs, is no where unreasonable, at least to me. This is a very rural/vacation area I live in. My average closing is 1hr to 1.5hrs away, every day...not kidding...I can max about 5 closings in a day if I am lucky depending upon the location and times. The town I live in has 525 people, the nearest grocery store is 25 miles away for shopping. The nearest Fed Ex hub 82 miles north, and 105 miles south. UPS, 45 miles south, and 105 miles south with minimal drop options in between requiring extra travel. Where some can do 4 closings in half a day, between travel there and back to an appointment I will yield one. $75 x 4 = $300 1 x $125 = $125 So, Vital, like most are ignorant when it comes to rural demographics and try to fit everyone in a single mold that does not work.

I also don't need a babysitter. If I had a dime for every time I caught an error missed by title companies, and signing services..I would be retired by now. I only mention this to highlight the importance and effectiveness of "real" signing agents versus what Vital settles for to meet their fee requirements in my area.

They justify their "cut" by babysitting the "notary" they send out. They tell us how important we are and insult us with ridiculous fees that won't even meet today's gas expense let alone wear and tear, as well as toner, drums, paper and other collaterals we need to do our job. I am struggling keeping my fees where they are as it is.

At least they admitted I was very good at what I do. Then turned around and said...."But, you are just too expensive". I guess this is a free market, but if signing agents continually let the powers that be set our "value" we will all be out of a job eventually the ones who make the phone calls from Vital.

It is the American economic trend that places far more burden on those that already carry their fair share and then some. When are people going to get a clue that it is industry and corporations that are contributing to this standard, and always have. It is about profit, not service, and certainly not experience. If they keep people in the position of desperation, then the people will take whatever gets served on their plate by the "powers that be" eventually. If we want to protect our industry and standards we can no longer be complacent and live with superficial eyes. We need to look beyond the surface, and connect the dots to really be aware of what is happening. Otherwise we will remain divided chasing after fees that are getting lower and lower.

I don't know about all the agents out there, but this is my only livelihood; I take this business very seriously, and I make sure I am flawless, professional, courteous, and I refuse to do a job for customer that I would not be satisfied to receive if I were the customer. Basic principles....exceptional service, for a great value.

Vital turns it away based on price, yet the people that call to schedule from Vital have no clue about the geography of the area. That is the problem they do not address, and hire "non" agents and risk the reputation of what we do, and the credibility of what do every time they do it making it harder and harder to garner a respectable fee. I saw a website that literally markets their services calling us "nightmares". I refuse to be lumped in that category.

Yes, they used to pay me on time, usually between 30 and 40 days. The last time I worked for them took longer, but they paid. When I had questions, they were available to take my questions. However, that does not justify expecting me to take less of a fee.

Just my two cents....

Janel Lee
Go to Top of Page

Chica

6 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2011 :  4:46:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Neil,
"mistakes cost money". After all these years you should know how to sign docs. And they micro-manage because you can't follow a few simple steps. Client demands it!

Edited by - Chica on 04/11/2011 4:48:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

nkleeger

California
34 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  10:06:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit nkleeger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you want to support Vital signings be aware YOU will not make any money. After a dozen signings I calculated I made $18.00 per signing. They get the bucks, you don't.
The best micro-managers in the business. What a pain. They can't pay me enough to work for them again.
If make an error, they take away YOUR fee and make you pay their fee as well.

Neil L. Kleeger

Edited by - nkleeger on 04/04/2011 10:13:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

bnichols

16 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2011 :  09:45:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Chica on all points. A very positive company. No matter what, the staff is always pleasant, friendly, helpful and professional.

Edited by - bnichols on 01/16/2011 09:46:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

Chica

6 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2011 :  6:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since these postings are old, thought I would give you my opition on Vital Signing. I have worked for them for at least 13 years and have always enjoyed working with them. I am always paid on time and love the staff! If you ever have issues at closing, you can always get ahold of someone and there is an after hours contact also. A company that has been around this long deserves an A+.
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  6:19:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is our review page for Vital Signing

http://www.123notary.com/signco-idv.asp?sid=85&Vital+Signing

Go to Top of Page

Terik

Texas
16 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2008 :  10:06:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Terik's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It has been awhile since anyone has commented on these people. I will never, and I repeat never work for them again. The quoted a very low price and I told them no way. They called back and said tha they could pay my fee. Sent a confirmation and then paid me their low ball fee. We went around and around, until I did something about it. It is amazing how quick they correct their errors when you notify their lender of non-payment. I have told them to never call again.

Go to Top of Page

n/a

4 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  12:31:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How much does Vital Signings pay? I went to their website and it looks like they only pay $50. Is this true?
Go to Top of Page

n/a

California
2 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2004 :  08:10:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit n/a's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the information regarding vital signings. I have heard good things about them from others too. I just put my paperwork in this week and they are wroking on it. Can't wait to be on their call lists.

H. MIkulin
Go to Top of Page

n/a

3 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2004 :  10:29:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great communication, easy to deal with, and I have had no problems getting paid. What more can you ask for?

Brian Stump
Key Closing Svcs
(765) 477-0404
Go to Top of Page

n/a

2 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2004 :  2:15:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So does Vital Signings have a problem with paying? It was under the thread of companies who don't pay.

Mary Jane
Go to Top of Page

Deborah Bond

Massachusetts
71 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2004 :  2:09:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Deborah Bond's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Both my husband and I are on their "First Call" list. we love them too.

Deborah Bond...
Notary Public
Eastern Massachusetts
Go to Top of Page

athomka

Florida
8 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2004 :  1:48:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't say enough good things about this company. I did work for them for over 4 years in California and I now live in Arizona and hopefully in the near future I will start getting assignments from them again. This is the most professional company that I have ever dealt with and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

I LOVE THESE GUYS!!!!

Albert E. Thomka
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.