123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 X Marks the Spot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 2 people disliked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

BMiles

Missouri
6 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2017 :  09:59:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great to work for. Good communications, good fees.

Rebecca A Miles
Go to Top of Page

betty1957

Illinois
35 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2015 :  7:21:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have done two jobs for them in 2013, and had a good experience.

betty j. dedman
Go to Top of Page

Penny

Georgia
45 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2015 :  09:13:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found Missy and Zech Rowe to be professional, knowledgeable, available, and responsible. They are as serious about their business as I am mine and they paid promptly. For the people who have had trouble faxing their W-9 info, could you email attach it instead?
Penny Henritze, Georgia Mobile Notary

/Penny Henritze
Go to Top of Page

BigLar

Minnesota
15 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2015 :  07:37:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All positive for me. I've completed numerous (maybe 5) jobs for Missy and Zech, and have had no hassles or problems. Missy always responds to calls or emails, so if you didn't get a call or email, you probably called the wrong number.

I give X Marks the Spot two thumbs up.

Larry
Northfield, MN

Laurence

Edited by - BigLar on 03/09/2015 07:38:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

jfugal

Virginia
5 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2014 :  07:53:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've done a dozen jobs for Missy Rowe--at X Marks the Spot--in the last two years. She's great to work with and pays quickly--I've had NO problems with them.

-JF
Go to Top of Page

smwiley

West Virginia
5 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2014 :  4:38:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did my first closing on 12-15-13, everything went well no hand holding and they paid my fee. Received payment on 1-16-14. I will work for this company anytime.

S Wiley
Go to Top of Page

kristancrawford

Virginia
8 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2013 :  3:48:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been doing closings for Missy for several years. I've never had a problem. I wish she had more work to send me during these slow times, I really enjoy working with her. XMS is definitely one of the good ones.
Go to Top of Page

jeninohio

Ohio
36 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  5:35:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit jeninohio's Homepage  Reply with Quote
April 8, 2013 - My check arrived today for the below closing.

Thanks everybody for your feedback. I just took my first closing for X Marks the Spot for this Sunday morning. Normally I try to not work on Sunday and would be extra angry if I didn't get paid but after reading your feedback, I feel more confident in this company.

Jennifer Cotsmire
Notary Signing Agent

Edited by - jeninohio on 04/08/2013 12:56:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christina H

California
12 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2013 :  4:49:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My first signing for X Marks the Spot was on 1/26/13. I found Missy really easy to work with and communication was great. I just received the payment for that signing on 2/9/13. I am happy about that and will work with them again.
Go to Top of Page

pjrager1

38 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2013 :  1:51:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Received a call for a 7 page Subordination Agreement from X Marks The Spot...I'm not going out for $60 no matter how little the package is. I'm also skeptical after reading the mixed reviews here and b/c they've never called before -- it was a last minute job.
Go to Top of Page

jmoon

Tennessee
4 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2013 :  1:58:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Missy is AWESOME to work for!! I never have a problem with her company and they always pay on time I love getting phone calls from them

Have a blessed day!
Go to Top of Page

minniestewart54@yahoo.com

Virginia
2 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2012 :  8:14:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by notaryslife

This is a great agency, Missy Rowe is so great to work with. The best of the best, always pays early or on time.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life

I am always thrilled when I get a call from X marks the Spot! Missy and the entire staff are so pleasantly professional, very helpful and always answers the phone or returns calls promptly. Pays well and on time! I highly recommend them.
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2012 :  10:34:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a great agency, Missy Rowe is so great to work with. The best of the best, always pays early or on time.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

bfnotary

Pennsylvania
9 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2012 :  10:40:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I enjoyed working with missy, she was very friendly and great to work with, i got paid on time as well. I would love to do more work for her.

Belinda,Pa
Go to Top of Page

TGS1985

California
208 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  3:17:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit TGS1985's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was cautious doing business with this company due to all the mix reviews but I can happily say I was paid in full, 30 days later as promised.

I will also point out that they do seem to be on the ball because they checked with me ahead time regarding my W-9, which never made it to them so that my payment wouldn't be delayed. I also had no problems in regards to email communication.

Maybe people really are confusing this company with Sign on the X (SOX).

EDIT 1/12/2012: I just received my second payment from X Marks the Spot and within 15 days this time. Between the quick payments and the fact they don't low ball I have to say this is one of the better signing companies that I work for.

- Tyler -

Edited by - TGS1985 on 01/24/2012 12:47:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Ohio
1 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  04:45:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hate to hear the bad vibe around X Marks the Spot. Missy has always been pleasant, professional and easy to reach by phone; she answers or returns my calls within a few minutes. Did 2 closings for them on Sept.20 and had my check in hand on Oct 7.

RDBueter
Go to Top of Page

lwalsh143

Pennsylvania
17 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  4:16:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit lwalsh143's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just did a closing for them on November 1st and was paid within 30 days. Missy was great to work with and they were very fair in their fees.

Linda J Walsh
Go to Top of Page

kurtray

Tennessee
7 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2010 :  4:26:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit kurtray's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was paid quickly and Missy was very professional. I was concerned at the start because of posts I saw online, so I told her I would report my experience, either way.

That way she controlled her future, and she did me fair, and paid on time, so there you go Missy.

Good job.

Kurt

Kurt R Gross
Knoxville, TN 37923
Mobile: 865-382-3010
Fax/Voice: 866-678-3754
www.NotaryPublicTN.com
Go to Top of Page

lightk

Alabama
108 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  10:13:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit lightk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hate to hear these remarks about X Marks the Spot. Missy was always so wonderful to work with and I only had a late pymt once. The check had gone to my previous street address.

Go to Top of Page

Tennessee
3 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2010 :  06:45:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same old ???? did 2 closing for x mark the spot and was paid for only 1. ms missy email address is bad and they will not answer the phone. this is another blank blank company.
Beware evil lerks behind the X!

West Patrick
Professional Signing Agent
Go to Top of Page

Irish

Maryland
9 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2010 :  12:16:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep they are still in business and still not paying. Miss Missy said she sent a check out 2 months ago - never received it and then said she put a stop payment on it and sent anotther one. That hasnt come either !

AVOID THESE GUYS AT ALL COSTS
Go to Top of Page

notaryglenn

California
3 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2010 :  6:35:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did a signing on July 1st 2010 for $100, for Missy Rowe. E-mail confirmation stated that I needed to send a fax of my W-9. Numerous attempts to fax have been made, only get a busy signal. Sent e-mail 3 weeks ago, no response. Is she still in business?
Go to Top of Page

youngster

Maryland
44 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2010 :  08:34:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit youngster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Formerly had no problems with pmt. from Missy. And she is soooooo pleasant to work with. Did a RESPA application with borrower on 12/10/09. Six months later and many attempts...no pmt. If she is still in business...DON'T ACCEPT ANY ASSIGNMENTS FROM MISSY ROWE.
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2008 :  1:43:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lastsecondnotary

Well today is 09/20/08 and still no payment in two days it will be 60 days for a payment that I should had received in 30 no more than 45 days fro the last time that I received a email form Missy Rowe. So my next step is to file with the BBB of Fl. Will update everyone with the out come ASAP!

Quick note - FL BBB will not help you - they're not a collection agency - you'd be better served contacting the title company regarding their vendor's nonpayment issues. If that doesn't work, small claims court OR a collection agency - possibly a letter to the FL AG....MHO

Linda
www.notarydepot.com/notary/lindah
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

lastsecondnotary

Tennessee
7 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2008 :  12:16:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit lastsecondnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well today is 09/20/08 and still no payment in two days it will be 60 days for a payment that I should had received in 30 no more than 45 days fro the last time that I received a email form Missy Rowe. So my next step is to file with the BBB of Fl. Will update everyone with the out come ASAP!

Go to Top of Page

jkat

Michigan
15 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2008 :  05:59:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit jkat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Missy from this company called me to do a signing, although hesitant, I listened to what she had to say. She said they were trying very hard to build up a good reputation and she promised I would get paid. I told her and Zach if they paid me on time, as promised, I would post a good note on their behalf on this site. They were very pleasant to work with and they fulfilled all their promises. I received payment on time as they said they would.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.