123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Global Notary inc.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
1 -1 1 person liked this post.1 person disliked this post.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Jeff701

Florida
7 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2016 :  1:20:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I completed an assignment on June 24, and haven't received payment.

So guess what I am calling the Title Company. Hopefully I get compensated.

I will definitely put them on your do not do business with list.

Go to Top of Page

7 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2016 :  11:18:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am constantly called to do a signing for a ridiculous fee....I always state my minimum fee and hold to it. Now with the files getting so large for some companies...I always state there will be an additional fee of $20.00 for files over 130 pages...often times the scheduler doesn't know the file count but I make sure she is aware of my additional fee...so if I get the print and it is ...I immediately ask for the fee to be adjusted accordingly...
We were all new once...so I can understand some new people accepting these assignments...it won't take them long to realize it is no longer cost effective to accept low fees for any work we do....My min. fee for a refinance under 130 pages is $100. and it goes up from there...for spanish speaking, faxbacks, for added mileage...for a late or very early signing..or weekend.....if established with certain companies it is already set in my profile....I also have a minimum fee for leaving the home office whether it is less than 30 copies...and that is $50.......if we all hold to our min. fees eventually these companies won't ask us to do for less....Now different areas get less...more difficult areas to drive require more, etc.

Edited by - 29993 on 06/12/2016 11:20:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2016 :  08:14:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am astounded that they are still in business. This speaks to the fact that many signing co's like them prey on new notaries. I bet most notaries doing this work are new these days.
Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2016 :  05:14:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lsaversl

Just got a call from Global Notary-print 2 sets (150 each), drive 50 miles round trip, fax back 150 docks, for a whopping $30.00-I was about to tell them (are you insane), but just said I was very booked up

Larry Saverslak

Seriously?? You've got to be kidding..this HAS to be a joke..

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
Go to Top of Page

lsaversl

Texas
14 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2016 :  6:18:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just got a call from Global Notary-print 2 sets (150 each), drive 50 miles round trip, fax back 150 docks, for a whopping $30.00-I was about to tell them (are you insane), but just said I was very booked up

Larry Saverslak
Go to Top of Page

Minnesota7

Minnesota
23 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2015 :  4:12:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I completed some 15 closings up here in northern Minnesota for Global because they had no choice but to pay my travel fees. Only 2 or 3 travel where we go. In town I refused their starting fee $40. I would burst out laughing. My problem was they would call and ask if I was going to be on time, every closing. The last two they actually called the borrowers to see if I was there. Some snot nose brat called me from global and said don't take it personal, they do that to all notaries. I asked for the home phone number to the Owner of Global so I could call him or her every morning at 4am and ask them if they were going to be on time for work that day. Now I have received 3 different 1099's from them. They need professional help. I got along ok with one scheduler but I told him to see to it that they take me out of their system and don't ever call again. Plenty of good companies still out there. MN7
Go to Top of Page

quicknotary

1 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2015 :  01:27:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit quicknotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha
You should really consider your time and what cost others pay for similar services. Quality is priceless. Which you are I think you should know Your a Star!! SNL Lol
I feel that the going rate at kinko's is .12x400 $48.00 just in printing then to drive for 2hrs
at $10.00 at least $58.00
each notary stamp is $3-$20. per notarized document.
Average in a mortgage loan can range from 10- 40 notary seals..
I hope you now can get a better idea what you may consider the true cost of our services,
.12 x 400= $48.00 printing
$5 x 10= $50.00 notary seals
$10x 2= $20.00 hrs driving
I think this is very very low estimate of minimum plus add on for scanning use your local kinko's, UPS etc... as a basis if you want they charge per page.

[/quote]

Edited by - quicknotary on 02/20/2015 01:39:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

joelbenedict

Kentucky
26 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2015 :  7:32:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I made an error in the date of the borrower certification. I then scanned 201 docs back without catching my error. Global Notary sent me an email giving approval to drop the docs. I called the next day to confirm that I had approval. I dropped the docs. Four days later, Global Notary contacts me to notify me that there was an error in the borrower certification and that Old Republic (the title company) had rejected it. I completed an acknowledgement, scanned it back to Global Notary, cc'd Old Republic. Two days later, Old Republic approved the acknowledgment and Global Notary told me to overnight the acknowledgment at my own expense or for a $20 reduction in my fee. I didn't have my notary stamp or the document at home--this was six days after the signing. I printed another copy of the acknowledgment, filled it out by hand, and faxed it to Global Notary. I paid for the label online through USPS' website. It cost $18.11 to Express mail it flat rate. 10-24 minutes later, Global Notary called me to tell me that Old Republic likely wouldn't approve the handwritten copy. I griped to corrections about their not catching the mistake in either of the two approvals and expecting me to take the expense hit. Their response was that they do what they can. I couldn't get them to budge on any kind of action to prevent it from happening again, or even that they had made a mistake in not catching my mistake. The day after, Global Notary contacted me to tell me I'd have to ship the acknowledgment that was approved on day four because Old Republic had rejected it. I went over Global Notary's heads and called Old Republic; I told Old Republic the same thing I'd told Global Notary, that Kentucky doesn't require notary stamps, our signature and serial numbers are considered our seal; Old Republic said that the lender had rejected it. I had the approved acknowledgment with me this time; I paid for the shipping and put it in a box (a non-USPS flat-rate regular cardboard box). It cost $16.99. Now I've got to wait and see if there's any more noise with this signing. I took it for $85, printed out 422 pages of docs, drove 26 miles total, have put at least 11 hours into this signing, and took a $35.10 hit in expenses. This is probably my sixth signing with Global Notary, but this one has been a poor experience. The other signings I got for $60-70.
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2014 :  4:05:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
M.Quednau asked me to post her comment:

Never leave your fax machine unattended before it is finished. Just because a borrower "thinks" he knows what he is doing you ALWAYS check for errors. Always ask about fax backs before you agree on a price taking that into consideration before you agree to do the signing. Sounds like you should have been more proactive in checking for mistakes and making sure the fax went through and if the fax didn't go through wait till you come back after the holiday (since it was only one day) and tried again to fax. Global pays on a timely basis. If I were you I would rethink working for them again if they were willing to pay your price. I think all the calls are because one hand doesn’t know what the other is doing. None the less it is very annoying.
Thanks.
Margaret

Go to Top of Page

LindaH

Florida
1754 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2014 :  12:41:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not in CA but have heard this discussed elsewhere - I believe it's also re-affirmed in your workbook and the newsletter your SOS puts out. Think page 4 of the newsletter:

http://www.sos.ca.gov/business/notary/forms/notary-newsletter-2014.pdf

Hope this helps.

Linda
http://www.columbiacountynotary.webs.com
http://www.notary.net/websites/LindaHubbell
Go to Top of Page

Dannotary

California
265 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2014 :  8:40:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dannotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
callies, I agree with you. Esnotary, all handbook copies that you included in your copy state that all notarial acts, their character, date , etc has to be entered in your journal. That means that if there are 5 docs to notarize and 2 people are signing them, then each doc has to be entered and signed for by EACH individual signer. That's 10 entries total in your book.
Go to Top of Page

NotaryMark

Missouri
6 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2014 :  5:01:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit NotaryMark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all. I am aware that Global Notary Inc are low ballers, however their tactics and fees have finally become preposterous.

Yesterday I was called for a Mortgage signing, i verified it was a normal signing on the phone, then verified there was about a twenty page fax back, ok I said for $75. Yes thats low but it was close to where I live and a quick return.

HOWEVER...on documents arrival I find that the fax back is nearly fifty pages and this is a refinance where the total pages of documents are 187! So that would be X2 prints 374pgs and a fax back!!

Unfortunately I had to cancel this appointment because of a family crisis, sudden and unexpected.

Mark Antony Fletcher
Go to Top of Page

esnotary

California
125 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  11:17:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit esnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@StonePony: I have read the Secretary of State's requirements and no where does it state that there must be a separate line item for each entry, just that each notarization must be recorded in our journal. What is in italics in my response below is copied from the Notary Public Handbook. I use a great journal from Notary Rotary that has little boxes to check off all the items that I notarize, and then hand-write in the ones that aren't included. I do collect a thumb print for every notarization that I do, and always have done even before the new notary law. I have had to send a copy of a line-item for use in a court case and there were no problems with my entry.

Go to Top of Page

Stone Pony

California
31 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2013 :  07:29:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@esnotary: Perhaps I am not reading your response correctly, but it sounds like you are only doing one journal entry and indicating all the documents you are notarizing in that particular closing on one line of your journal. It has been the current Secretary of State's requirements to have an individual journal entry for each notarial act and signature by the subscriber for each act. It is also a requirement, as of Jan 1, 2013, to obtain a thumbprint for each act recorded in a real estate transaction, be it a sale, purchase or refi. If you are not using a journal line for each notarial act, having your client sign each line and place a thumbprint (at lest for real estate transactions as I assume you are a signing agent) you are in essence committing a misdemeanor. I too go through journals like water so I buy in bulk and save money.
Go to Top of Page

esnotary

California
125 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  11:25:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit esnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@callies: I agree with you that the notary Global sent to do your closing did many things wrong, however it is not "illegal" in the State of CA to have only one journal entry with each item specified. Last time I checked the 2013 CA Notary Public Handbook it states only this:
(a) (1) A notary public shall keep one active sequential journal at a time, of all official acts
performed as a notary public.[/b][/b] The journal shall be kept in a locked and secured area, under
the direct and exclusive control of the notary. Failure to secure the journal shall be cause for
the Secretary of State to take administrative action against the commission held by the notary
public pursuant to Section 8214.1.
(2) The journal shall be in addition to, and apart from, any copies of notarized documents
that may be in the possession of the notary public and shall include all of the following:
(A) Date, time, and type of each official act.
(B) Character of every instrument sworn to, affirmed, acknowledged, or proved before the
notary.
(C) The signature of each person whose signature is being notarized.

I use a wonderful "signing agent" journal of notarial acts that allows me to check off each box of the things I'm notarizing, with space to add documents that aren't on the list. Some packages I do have 12+ documents to notarize, (especially Global Notary!) and it's ridiculous to expect each borrower sign my journal that many times! Also, I'd be buying 25 journals a year at that rate, as I do 40+ closings a month.

Go to Top of Page

becrogers

Alabama
4 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2013 :  10:12:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit becrogers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is the 2nd time "Double booked". Borrower called me to ask whats up? I called Global their reply was "sorry, it happens! Four.days with a writtn confirmation, I turned businees away because of that. Told Global take me off your list, and I am filing a formal complaint with Secretary of State for Alabama.

Rebecca Rogers

Rebecca Rogers
Go to Top of Page

callies

California
5 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2013 :  3:01:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit callies's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just had one of their Notaries do my refi documents,we are in California which has specific language for Jurats and Ack. 1) He did not begin to summarize any of the documents. 2) He signed and stamped the notary areas BEFORE we signed any documents 3) he did not use the correct Jurat/Ack for California, just stamped and signed whatever was on the docs 4) he completed 4-6 blank Ack & jurats that were not attached to any documents 5) he did not administer an oath 6) he onlymade a single journal entry for each signer, NOT for each doc notarized, again, illegal in CA. 7) I printed out the correct certs for him and he refused to use them even when I explained notary law in CA. 8)when I told him that I was also an NSA he got an attitude and said he had been doing loan docs for 11 yrs and just signed whatever was in the package! I am filing a complaint with the SOS, these are the kind of notaries that we do not need in our profession!
Go to Top of Page

edelske

New York
815 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2013 :  01:30:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit edelske's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Global has a place of honor and distinction in my phone block list.

Kenneth A Edelstein
Mobile Notary, Apostille / Legalization Processing & Fingerprinting
http://www.kenneth-a-edelstein.com
Go to Top of Page

esnotary

California
125 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2013 :  8:18:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit esnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've worked for them...huge packages and slow pay, but the checks do come. In the last few days they've called me 4 times to do a loan 45 miles away next Weds at 5pm. I gave them my fee, and they continue to call and ask if I'll do it for $25 less than my quote. I just keep saying no! They tell me that they only make $125 for the order and I tell them to ask for more money as we're in a remote location. Last time they told me they only made $125 I saw that they made $175 on the HUD. I generally groan when I hear "Global Notary" on the phone but the money does come in so if the job is convenient for me and they accept my fee I usually take it.

Go to Top of Page

malbroughnotary

Louisiana
2 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  10:11:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit malbroughnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They contacted me Friday at 3pm to do a refi for a relatively low fee. I stated my fee and they said they had to get it approved. No problem. They called me back and approved it with my fax back fee also. Excellent! I instructed them I need docs 2 hours prior to go over them and make sure they didn't miss anything for Louisiana statutes (our laws are radically different as most of you know). They said no problem. 5:30 pm no docs and I let them know via email I could not do it.

They called back at approximately 7pm a little frantic and slightly upped my fee which is always welcome. I again reiterated what I had previously. I was assured I'd have docs that night. Morning arrives, no docs and no email or call. It is now noon and I'm heading out for my scheduled assignments. Again, I had to send an email telling them I regret to have to cancel, but they never sent me anything. I can't sit around and wait. I'd be late for client and lose money. That's unprofessional and not what I do with others I am in a business negotiation with.

Communication - poor. And, I was looking forward to doing business with them.

Ryan A. Malbrough, Civil Law Notary
(504) 329-9462
http://www.malbroughnotary.com
malbroughnotary@gmail.com
Go to Top of Page

malbroughnotary

Louisiana
2 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2013 :  10:08:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit malbroughnotary's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They contacted me Friday at 3pm to do a refi for a relatively low fee. I stated my fee and they said they had to get it approved. No problem. They called me back and approved it with my fax back fee also. Excellent! I instructed them I need docs 2 hours prior to go over them and make sure they didn't miss anything for Louisiana statutes (our laws are radically different as most of you know). They said no problem. 5:30 pm no docs and I let them know via email I could not do it.

They called back at approximately 7pm a little frantic and slightly upped my fee which is always welcome. I again reiterated what I had previously. I was assured I'd have docs that night. Morning arrives, no docs and no email or call. It is now noon and I'm heading out for my scheduled assignments. Again, I had to send an email telling them I regret to have to cancel, but they never sent me anything. I can't sit around and wait. I'd be late for client and lose money. That's unprofessional and not what I do with others I am in a business negotiation with.

Communication - poor. And, I was looking forward to doing business with them.

Ryan A. Malbrough, Civil Law Notary
(504) 329-9462
http://www.malbroughnotary.com
malbroughnotary@gmail.com

Edited by - malbroughnotary on 01/26/2013 10:10:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

groberts131

Tennessee
27 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2013 :  06:58:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit groberts131's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've done business with Global Notary for over a year. Yes you may have to wait for your check a little longer than 30 days but if you accept this as fact they are a pretty fair company to work for. They are always flexable on their fees if you have to travel to a rural area or do fax backs and even if they don't pay right away they have always paid.

TN Notary
Go to Top of Page

notaryslife

California
348 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2013 :  11:17:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Called me acting like they used me before. When I told him I needed more info about his company's payment terms he began going into a tizzy talking over me. The first red flag was he offered payment for whatever I wanted for a signing several hours away. "Whatever you want". I interpreted that to mean they had no intention of paying me for my work based on how unprofessional that sounded. I then came here and am glad I hung up on his rudeness talking over me. He continued to try to reach me several times immediately thereafter indicating what a psycho he is. Not the kind of behavior I'm looking for from a new agency.

Sincerely yours,

Notary's Life
Go to Top of Page

mgb1966

Wisconsin
47 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2012 :  09:54:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They have always raised their fee for me when asked. They have a contract for each order that you are to sign and fax before the closing. It has the payment terms on it. They have always paid me according to those terms. I have a scanner so I email the signed package back without wasting a lot of time sorting pages out. WYSIWYG. Not for everybody
Go to Top of Page

DebraKidder

Washington
2 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2012 :  07:49:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit DebraKidder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They say they pay on the 20th of the month following the month you do the job. That's a month and a half if you do your signing job before the 20th of the previous month. Of course, when they called me to do the job, they told me I'd be paid on the 20th of that same month. A lie, right off the bat.
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2008 :  11:00:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone worked for Global Notary before? They are in Tustin, CA. I think I worked for them long time ago and they were pretty good.

http://www.123notary.com/signco-idv.asp?sid=762&Global+Notary
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.