123Notary
Enter Zip, City, or County... i.e. orange,NY or 90019
Search Method:    regular time edocs
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion ForumDear Signing Agents,
You need to REGISTER and have a password to post or reply to discussion topics. Please remember, your password for your listing on 123notary.com is NOT RELATED to and is different from your password on the forum. Your password on the forum can be whatever you want it to be.
Lookup a specific signing company, word, or phrase
Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum
Register | String Format | Index Format | Active Topics | Hot Topics | Preview Topics | Advanced Search | Members | Profile | Tutorial | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The 123notary.com Forum for Signing Agents
 Signing Companies
 Closeline Settlements
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
1 -1  Be the first person to vote!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

winsteaa

Florida
17 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2017 :  4:37:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit winsteaa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just did one for them and even after being told I would be paid a print/trip fee, they did not. Beware as you can not trust what they say. Ask Raven!!!

Go to Top of Page

groberts131

Tennessee
27 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2011 :  11:33:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit groberts131's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did a closng for Closeline Settlemnts in April, 2011. Their paperwork shows their name as Closeline, LLC and Premium Settlements, LLC and Closeline Settlements so take your pick. The address for this company is 1300 piccard Drive, Suite 105, Rockville, MD and the owner or mangers name is Mike Heller 301-795-2000 x2747.

Any way I digress. Be very very careful with this company as their Confirmation refers to the fact that you accept the terms of the closer agreement located at www.closeline.com/closers/agreement.asp BUT they never asked me to sign and return it so I didn't even noticed that it was on the confirmation.

Unforetunately their agreement states that if a loan doesn't fund you don't get paid. There are no stipulates and it doesn't have to be your fault you just don't get paid.

TN Notary
Go to Top of Page

n/a

Maryland
2 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  10:37:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I get e-mails from them about a closing, but can never get an appointment.

John
Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  12:03:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone worked for closeline settlements recently?

http://www.123notary.com/signco-idv.asp?sid=741&Closeline+Settlements
Go to Top of Page

jankopetro

California
7 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  5:30:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit jankopetro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My experience with Closeline is completely different. I did a signing for them last October/2008 and the scheduler was Sybil. I met the borrowers at a Starbucks. We had ID issues which, after speaking with their in-house attorney, the problem was solved. The borrowers signed and all was well. I have never been paid for that signing. I spoke with Sybil on several occasions, which all she does is take down the information and passes it on. I have left messages with Accounts Payable many times, an attorney, not sure whether it's the same one I spoke with during the signing, but NO ONE has ever returned my call. The deed was recorded two weeks after the signing. I finally reported them to D&B. I wasn't even given the satisfaction of a return call, and there were many. I was completely ignored. I give them an F.

JanKo
Go to Top of Page

Beegee10

6 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  11:53:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Beegee10's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The official name is Closeline.com.

I have done closings for this company for many years. At one time they were called Montgomery Home Title. They are in Maryland. I give them a 4star rating.

About 7 or 8 years ago I my first closing for them. It was a bad experience. I had a situation where a loan did not fund and I didn't get paid. To make matters worse the then-scheduler (Anthony, I shall never forget his name) apparently called someone else when the docs were redrawn. We had words. I posted on the message boards. Then: about a month later I got a call from a scheduler (Sybil) at the company who asked me to do a closing. Needless to say I said no and told her my tale of woe. Well, she agreed they don't pay if it cancels but said I should definitely have been called to do the rescheduled signing. She assured me that it is the policy to call the same closer to sign the redrawn docs. Also compensation is added to the fee when it was rescheduled and in the rare case where it never was rescheduled she kept me high on the list for future signings. I did the closing she asked and have never regretted my decision. This scheduler has been with Closeline.com for years and does all the scheduling for the company.

I can honestly say that the rescissions are rare and they have taken very good care of me. If I were to weigh any money I may have lost because of recession or no sign against the good fee and fast payment from Closeline, I am definitely way way ahead of the game.
It is one of my best companies to work for. They pay well even today when other TCs are beating us up "because they can." My check is issued on funding. I just wish they had more in my area right now.

Go to Top of Page

jbelmont

California
3106 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2008 :  10:45:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbelmont's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone worked for this company recently? They are in Rockville, MD.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

Mobile Notary / Signing Agent Discussion Forum © 123notary.com Go To Top Of Page

Tips for using the forum
The most important feature on the forum is the search box. You can look up a particular word, phrase, name of a company, and see a potentially large list of search results with which you can obtain data. Filters are also valuable. If you want to find popular posts, you can use the number of views filter. You can also see whats new with the active topics link. Email us at info@123notary.com if you need any help using the notary forum.

Resources
The notary public resource page is valuable as it has links to all of the free information pages for notaries. Pages linked to the resource page include a page that teaches you everything you need to know to get the most out of your listing. Another page teaches you all the secrets of getting paid. There is a link to our free list of signing companies. There is also a glossary, learning tools, and much more. If you are a notary, the free tips we give are invaluable.

Popular pages
If you visit 123notary.com often, you might want to visit some of our most popular pages such as the California notary, Texas notary, Florida notary, and New York notary pages to browse the site. We also have valuable pages for notaries such as the free list of signing companies, and the resource page. Please also visit our get notarized and notarized letter page.